PDA

View Full Version : Bisonville in the Forum

ndsubison1
12-28-2009, 08:43 AM
An online poll conducted on Bisonville, a fan site for NDSU athletics, shows the sort of pressure on Bohl. In a thread started about a week after the season was over, a poll asked whether fans think Bohl should be fired now or brought back for another year.

Giving him a few years to right the ship wasn’t an option. (And more than one in five of the 130 votes were for dropping the axe now.)

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/264073/

Twentysix
12-28-2009, 09:07 AM
pizza patrol is so good when your drunk. Right lakes?

gotts
12-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Nothing like working hard to get credible sources for your articles :rolleyes:

SDbison
12-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Nothing like working hard to get credible sources for your articles :rolleyes:
What? Bisonville not credible! :D

stevdock
12-28-2009, 03:00 PM
So the question now becomes which is more credible for getting information about the Bison, the Forum or right here??

BisonAccountant44
12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
So the question now becomes which is more credible for getting information about the Bison, the Forum or right here??

I think that question was answered long ago.

Tatanka
12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Anyone who wonders about the shrinking relevance of "traditional" news media should reference two things:

1) This article.
2) Channel 11/4's (and CNN's, and MSNBC's, and Fox News's) continuing use of air time to read Twitter replies.

Ridiculous.

Bison bison
12-28-2009, 03:37 PM
What about the reporting of online polls!

OldBison
12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
So, what's wrong with reporting the Bisonville poll on Bohl?

All the article said was that 20% (1 in 5) thought Bohl should get the axe.

If Bohl is the #10 personality in 2010, based on their own poll, why not use BV to report how the most rabid fans feel about him and his 3-8 2009 record? My guess the numbers of respondants in the BV poll was a hell of a lot higher than what the Forum could get with their own on line poll :blush:

tony
12-28-2009, 08:48 PM
So, what's wrong with reporting the Bisonville poll on Bohl?

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Now, if they start getting their info by looking for the most idiotic posts they can find and then passing them off as the "voice of Bison fandom" - then I'd get a little miffed.

If the Forum did their own poll, it would not represent Bison fans (it would represent the same people that post in the comments sections - yikes.) For example, if the Forum had done a poll anytime in the last ten years and asked their online readership whether it would be OK to use tactical nuclear weapons to wipe NDSU off the map, at least 30% would have voted yes.

Tatanka
12-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Now, if they start getting their info by looking for the most idiotic posts they can find and then passing them off as the "voice of Bison fandom" - then I'd get a little miffed.

If the Forum did their own poll, it would not represent Bison fans (it would represent the same people that post in the comments sections - yikes.) For example, if the Forum had done a poll anytime in the last ten years and asked their online readership whether it would be OK to use tactical nuclear weapons to wipe NDSU off the map, at least 30% would have voted yes.

Truth. And another 25% would vote "hell, yes", and another 5% would give you the weapons.

I will admit to reading the foolishness that gets posted in the asylum over there. It really drives home something my grandpa used to tell me: There are a lot of smart persons, but people are freaking idiots.