PDA

View Full Version : Metro Minnesota Recruiting!!

lakesbison
12-24-2009, 03:09 AM
I thought there would be more METRO kids going to NDSU, but this is it for now:

committed to NDSU

Billy Turner, 6-5, 270, Arden Hills (Mounds View), MN, OL
Boen Anderson, 6'3, 300, Minnetonka, MN/NDSCS (JUCO),

Adam Schueller, 6-4, 295, Fergus Falls, MN, OL (Campion's ex teammate)
Andy Pfeiffer, 6-0, 190 pounds, Mankato (Mankato West), MN, S

NDSU's is on FINAL 2 choices for these guys:

Grant Olson, 6-2, 220, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN, LB
Zach Vraa, 6-2, 185, Rosemount, MN
A. J. Troup, 6-2, 190, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN

NDSU should have 10+ MINIMUM OUT OF THE METRO's !!! lets get moving on this!!

unbison
12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
how come you say metro and you list guys from fergus falls and mankato do you ever post things correctly

BisoninNWMN
12-24-2009, 01:15 PM
how come you say metro and you list guys from fergus falls and mankato do you ever post things correctly

Probably meant Outstate kids.

roadwarrior
12-24-2009, 01:20 PM
He did separate the metro guys from the outstate guys.

westnodak93bison
12-24-2009, 01:31 PM
There is a ton of talent down in the cities and it is perceived as one of our recruiting bases. We need to hit that area hard but it is not the only answer. Start naming the best Bison players position by position from the last decade and see where they are from.

johnson
12-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Didn't Hallstrom report that NDSU wasn't going after AJ Troup?

rutlandbison
12-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Lakes..... you're either on to something or on something.

westnodak93bison
12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Didn't Hallstrom report that NDSU wasn't going after AJ Troup?

I dont think so. Maybe you are thinking about that WR from WI?

Hambone
12-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I dont think so. Maybe you are thinking about that WR from WI?

I believe I remember that as well. Said the only Wayzata person on their list was Olson if I'm thinking right.

bisonhusker
12-24-2009, 03:15 PM
AJ Troup is not being recruited by NDSU. No offer. He won't be eligible either. NDSU is hard after Zach Vraa and Grant Olson. Those would be good kids to help complete this class. I agree with Lakes, we must continue to take several of the top kids out of MN.

bisonhusker
12-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Here is the top 10 kids in MN. Really hard to argue we could get any of these. We have #9 in 2 star Billy Turner.

1) Seantrel Henderson. #1 ranked player in the nation. Ummm sorry.
2) Edwards, 4 star to Minnesota
3) Gjere, 4 star to Minnesota
4) Tarpley, 3 star to Stanford
5) Allen, 3 star to Wisconsin. Tons of bigtime offers.
6) Okuyemi, 3 star to Nebraska. Tons of bigtime offers.
7) Alt, 2 star. I think he plays hockey? Not sure. State Champ QB and big.
8) Grant Olson, 2 star that we are after.
9) Billy Turner, 2 star that we have verballed.
10) Evan Williams, 2 star RB offers from MN, Wyo, and UNI.

So, hard to argue we could get much more than a couple on that list. Billy Turner looks great and turned down a couple good offers to be a Bison. His brother is at UNI. If we can add Grant Olson and Mr. Football Zach Vraa, we are doing a nice job in MN. Some great talent in the metro this year.

johnson
12-24-2009, 03:40 PM
I found the entry where Hallstrom talks about Troup.

FB Scraps

Have been on the phone a lot in the last few days with high school and junior college coaches....Here are a few bits I've picked up on from assorted sources:
* Offer out to Zach Vraa, WR from Rosemount. NDSU not offering the LB Busher, who has been rumored to have an offer.
* Same deal at Wayzata. Offer out to LB Olson, not to WR Troup.
* Madison, WI receiver Neblett no longer being recruited by NDSU.

Posted by: Steve Hallstrom on 12/09/2009 at 12:34 AM
Bison Media Blog

Kermit
12-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Here is the top 10 kids in MN. Really hard to argue we could get any of these. We have #9 in 2 star Billy Turner.

7) Alt, 2 star. I think he plays hockey? Not sure. State Champ QB and big.

Mark Alt is the son of former Kansas City Chiefs/U of Iowa offensive tackle Jon Alt. Alt verballed to play hockey for the Gophers quite some time ago. He is a big-time hockey prospect who is considered a potential first round draft pick as a defenseman. My understanding is that he is considered a marginal FBS quarterback prospect, but he supposedly loves football and he might consider playing football instead of hockey if he would get an offer from one of his dream schools like Iowa or Notre Dame. I don't think there is any chance that he plays FCS football.

Kermit
12-24-2009, 04:20 PM

10+ is high, but I totally agree with Lakes that the Twin Cities metro is a crucial recruiting area for the Bison. UNI has had their way with FCS kids in recent years, but I think the Bison are gaining ground. Marcus Williams and Billy Turner are two talented Twin Cities kids who UNI wanted.

I am very pleased with the recruiting success the Bison are having in Nebraska this year. Nebraska makes much more sense than Texas to me! The Bison will certainly be competing with SDSU among others in Nebraska and it is always nice to beat a rival for a good recruit!

lakesbison
12-24-2009, 04:20 PM
HEy. im sorry, im in the cities alot and it bugs me to no end how in 2006 and 2007 NDSU came down here and pounded on the gophers and then only get 2-4 players out of the METRO area a year since.

I never rip on bohl/coaches that much, but Im putting the hammer down on this problem NOW.

Vraa & Olson are 50/50 to come to NDSU at this point, Vraa likes Army.

NDSU should be getting 10 players MINIMUM out of the Twin Cities Metro if Bohl & Company worked it harder. NDSU should be the #3 choice of these athlete's down here on a more consistent basis.

#1 choice - Minnesota (but brewster only gets 5 usually)
#2 choice - Wisconsin
#3 choice - NDSU
#4 choice - UNI, Iowa, etc etc.

bisonhusker
12-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Can you amagine what the 14 diehard SDSU fans are doing right now? They just get word last week that Dudzik has been offered by their fave coach Stig. Then they lose him to NDSU. We have about 19 kids and they have 2. Enjoy the scraps. We took what we wanted in the region. You just have to love it. I love the quote Dudzik gave to Hallstrom on what he thought about the future of NDSU.

westnodak93bison
12-24-2009, 05:53 PM
10+ is high, but I totally agree with Lakes that the Twin Cities metro is a crucial recruiting area for the Bison. UNI has had their way with FCS kids in recent years, but I think the Bison are gaining ground. Marcus Williams and Billy Turner are two talented Twin Cities kids who UNI wanted.

I am very pleased with the recruiting success the Bison are having in Nebraska this year. Nebraska makes much more sense than Texas to me! The Bison will certainly be competing with SDSU among others in Nebraska and it is always nice to beat a rival for a good recruit!

I'm always leary of FL, TX and CA kids. Not that they are bad kids but it is different living up here with the climate and culture so retention is always a concern imho.

MplsLaker
12-24-2009, 09:58 PM
HEy. im sorry, im in the cities alot and it bugs me to no end how in 2006 and 2007 NDSU came down here and pounded on the gophers and then only get 2-4 players out of the METRO area a year since.

I never rip on bohl/coaches that much, but Im putting the hammer down on this problem NOW.

Vraa & Olson are 50/50 to come to NDSU at this point, Vraa likes Army.

NDSU should be getting 10 players MINIMUM out of the Twin Cities Metro if Bohl & Company worked it harder. NDSU should be the #3 choice of these athlete's down here on a more consistent basis.

#1 choice - Minnesota (but brewster only gets 5 usually)
#2 choice - Wisconsin
#3 choice - NDSU
#4 choice - UNI, Iowa, etc etc.

huh? please explain why. just because you lost to the gophers in 2006 and won by a whopping 6pts in 2007 does not mean a bunch of kids from minneapolis/st. paul suddenly cared about or became ndsu sports fans. many probably still don't even know that ndsu exists. just saying.

i guess i am not understanding your logic as to why ndsu would ever be #3 on the lists of the majority of kids from minneapolis/st. paul. for the overwhelming majority of kids who might be looking to live some place new during their college years, fargo is not their top choice. neither is northern iowa (whatever city that school is in).

am i missing something that you said??

4mcruenomore
12-24-2009, 10:44 PM
As a die hard North Dakota fan, should we just move the school to Minnesota and call it good? I mean really.

imabison
12-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I thought there would be more METRO kids going to NDSU, but this is it for now:

committed to NDSU

Billy Turner, 6-5, 270, Arden Hills (Mounds View), MN, OL
Boen Anderson, 6'3, 300, Minnetonka, MN/NDSCS (JUCO),

Adam Schueller, 6-4, 295, Fergus Falls, MN, OL (Campion's ex teammate)
Andy Pfeiffer, 6-0, 190 pounds, Mankato (Mankato West), MN, S

NDSU's is on FINAL 2 choices for these guys:

Grant Olson, 6-2, 220, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN, LB
Zach Vraa, 6-2, 185, Rosemount, MN
A. J. Troup, 6-2, 190, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN

Well come on Lakes, use your influence with the coaches to get who YOU want, you already names the new coaches that are going to be hired, oh that did not happen.

lakesbison
12-24-2009, 10:56 PM
didnt happen because of a power struggle with offensive/play calling control.

Yes. I should do that. and YES NDSU should get more than 2 freakin commits from the METRO where we are at now, merry freakin christmas!!!

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Explain to me like I'm a 5th grader what in the F*****is so great about Minnesota. Seems to me, that the Griz did it with a QB from Billings and a RB from some 8 man football small town Montana town. Really, Merry Christmas, if Minnesota is so great, why has their team sucked for so long? I mean, RANT, this is NDSU, right?

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Explain to me like I'm a 5th grader what in the F*****is so great about Minnesota. Seems to me, that the Griz did it with a QB from Billings and a RB from some 8 man football small town Montana town. Really, Merry Christmas, if Minnesota is so great, why has their team sucked for so long? I mean, RANT, this is NDSU, right?

Ask yourself this--- where do more top rated recruits come from?
ND or MN? If you were to take all of the FB rosters of the big schools which state would be better represented? ND or MN?
Be honest with yourself.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Again, starting QB for the Griz is from Billings. Not from Minn. They seem to have done well for themselves this year.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Again, starting QB for the Griz is from Billings. Not from Minn. They seem to have done well for themselves this year.

You are talking about 1 player. One player doesnt make a whole team.
All you have to do is look at where the majority of recruits come from.
There is a reason why more recruits come from other states and metropolitan areas. Recruiters know where the hot beds are. Granted you may pluck a star every know and then out of ND but by the virtue of population alone there will be more talent available elsewhere.
You can try to fight it all you want but the facts dont lie.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Both stars for the Griz were from Montana, and lots of their line also. The RB is from a small town. It can happen, if we are basing our success on Minn, then we are barking up the wrong tree IMO.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Both stars for the Griz were from Montana, and lots of their line also. The RB is from a small town. It can happen, if we are basing our success on Minn, then we are barking up the wrong tree IMO.

What you are doing is cherry picking a certain situation to fit your arguement. If thats what you want to hang your hat on fine. But it wont change the fact on the difference between ND and MN recruits.
NDSU isnt basing their success soley on MN. They recruit elsewhere as you should know. But MN does have a wealth of talent so they are going to recruit it hard. They also recruit ND but there isnt the talent pool available that MN has to offer. I dont understand what is so hard to understand about that.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 01:11 AM

So are you saying we should be recruiting MT?????:D

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 01:26 AM
So are you saying we should be recruiting MT?????:D

I think that's exactly what he's saying.

Seems to me, that the Griz did it with a QB from Billings and a RB from some 8 man football small town Montana town.

I don't think Montana has a better program necessarily overall, but I certainly wouldn't expect to steal their recruits out of their backyard.

As for myself, I think I'm on an island all alone with this argument.

Every year I read in these recruiting threads how great these guys NDSU is getting, how we continue to outrecruit SDSU, and how we're getting these players that UNI wanted.

Then the season starts and I read about how we don't have any "talent".

I'm confused. I obviously don't know football recruiting like you guys do, but what happens to this so called talent of these players when they hit NDSU? It certainly doesn't transfer over to the football field from what I'm seeing.

SDSU is killing us on the football field in the win/loss argument since D1 and it kills me. SOmething is obviously missing with these arguments.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 01:30 AM
I think that's exactly what he's saying.

I don't think Montana has a better program necessarily overall, but I certainly wouldn't expect to steal their recruits out of their backyard.

As for myself, I think I'm on an island all alone with this argument.

Every year I read in these recruiting threads how great these guys NDSU is getting, how we continue to outrecruit SDSU, and how we're getting these players that UNI wanted.

Then the season starts and I read about how we don't have any "talent".

I'm confused. I obviously don't know football recruiting like you guys do, but what happens to this so called talent of these players when they hit NDSU? It certainly doesn't transfer over to the football field from what I'm seeing.

SDSU is killing us on the football field in the win/loss argument since D1 and it kills me. SOmething is obviously missing with these arguments.

You arent on an island. Its been brought up before but there hasnt been much said as there is some contridiction there. :D

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Small town players can do well, in fact, they can kick ass. Billings QB playing for the national championship? Not some douche from California, that's what I'm saying. These kids from up here in small town nowhere can do it. Open your eyes. I guess when our new starting QB shows up, you will see.

sambini
12-25-2009, 02:07 AM
A lot of the top Minnesota recruits over the years do leave the state.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Small town players can do well, in fact, they can kick ass. Billings QB playing for the national championship? Not some douche from California, that's what I'm saying. These kids from up here in small town nowhere can do it. Open your eyes. I guess when our new starting QB shows up, you will see.

Nobody is disputing that there arent good players in ND. There just isnt a ton of them. If there were a ton of them dodnt you think there would be more on the roster???? Why do you think that the coaches recruit other states???
Me thinks its you who needs to open his eyes. Plus I dont think I would put all of my eggs in one basket with your boy who has yet to step on the field at NDSU. But I do wish him good luck.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Nobody is disputing that there arent good players in ND. There just isnt a ton of them. If there were a ton of them dodnt you think there would be more on the roster???? Why do you think that the coaches recruit other states???
Me thinks its you who needs to open his eyes.

I'm sure if there were a ton of them, and "players with skill" at that, you'd see a heck of a lot more colleges than just NDSU and UND recruiting them.

sambini
12-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Just look at the population of the states involved. They should have more players in other states just because of numbers...

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Just look at the population of the states involved. They should have more players in other states just because of numbers...

thank you. See, the talent level isn't at dispute, maybe the # of players at that level. But to say our whole team is depended on MN is a joke.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:16 AM
thank you. See, the talent level isn't at dispute, maybe the # of players at that level. But to say our whole team is depended on MN is a joke.

Nobody said that the whole team was dependent on MN.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:17 AM
And that's the thing that makes me mad, I wonder if people like Lakes think that the talent level isn't there. Hence my MT examples. FYI, kids from Hettinger and Killdeer can play.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:21 AM
And that's the thing that makes me mad, I wonder if people like Lakes think that the talent level isn't there. Hence my MT examples. FYI, kids from Hettinger and Killdeer can play.

There are also kids who play for small schools in other states who can play as well.
So whats your point????

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:23 AM
There are also kids who play for small schools in other states who can play as well.
So whats your point????

My point is that the school is located in ND. And we have kids that can play. To look to MN and other states and over look a kid from, oh, I don't know, Watford City, is stupid. I should included BHS again, b/c I've talked to Greg's dad many times, and he swears NDSU showed no interest...

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:28 AM
And I am putting all my eggs in 1 basket, it will happen. To the much dismay of the out of state NDSU people, lol.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:35 AM
My point is that the school is located in ND. And we have kids that can play. To look to MN and other states and over look a kid from, oh, I don't know, Watford City, is stupid.

One of the recruiting questions that are looked at is what type of competition did the kid play against. If the kid played 9 man football against inferior competition as opposed to a kid from a strong metro conference and has played against kids of his size and speed and kicked there ass who are you going to lean to?
There is more to the recruiting equation but you cant let your heart for ND over ride common sense when you are recruiting.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:36 AM
Well, cool thanks for proving my point. The RB from MT played against the lowest level of competition in the nation.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:37 AM
He played on fields with no lights, against the smallest of schools in the nation. continue

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:37 AM
My point is that the school is located in ND. And we have kids that can play. To look to MN and other states and over look a kid from, oh, I don't know, Watford City, is stupid. I should included BHS again, b/c I've talked to Greg's dad many times, and he swears NDSU showed no interest...

Greg who???

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Then you don't know ND, where you from?

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Well, cool thanks for proving my point. The RB from MT played against the lowest level of competition in the nation.

So he went to college and developed. Many more dont. Thats the point. You go with the percentages.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:40 AM
So he went to college and developed. Many more dont. Thats the point. You go with the percentages.

I say bullshit, yeah, Steffes developed. We just knew he would do that

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Then you don't know ND, where you from?

Where Iam from isnt the point. Greg who?

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:41 AM
Where Iam from isnt the point. Greg who?

I asked where are you from? Before I mention and drop names of people I know and am friends with.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:42 AM
I say bullshit

Most recruiters will disagree with you.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:44 AM
I asked where are you from? Before I mention and drop names of people I know and am friends with.

Why youve already brought greg in to the discussion. It makes no difference where Iam from. If thats a sticking point then you dont have much to say.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Most recruiters will disagree with you.

Not the ones who recruited these studs from small town ND

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Why youve already brought greg in to the discussion. It makes no difference where Iam from. If thats a sticking point then you dont have much to say.

Simple question. I'm from New England ND,and I currently live in Dickinson ND, Merry Christmas

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Not the ones who recruited these studs from small town ND

As Ive said there is talent out there but you dont hear very well.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Answer my question?

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Simple question. I'm from New England ND,and I currently live in Dickinson ND, Merry Christmas

I already told you where I was from awhile back but I guess you just dont quite remember it. But it should have no bearing on the discussion.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 02:52 AM
I already told you where I was from awhile back but I guess you just dont quite remember it. But it should have no bearing on the discussion.

LOL. You are not from ND? I have no f'n clue, actually , I don't care, if you had some kind of pride you would have spewed it out in the last couple of posts. I'll search back, a nd find out, and laugh.

CarringtonBison
12-25-2009, 03:08 AM
We get the best recruits from ND year in and year out. I think that we need to get the top three to five recruits in ND, but we cannot sustain only in ND. We obviously need to hit other areas to have a solid team. If we only had ND kids, we may as well go to NAIA as that would be the only teams that we would be able to beat.

I don't think anyone is advocating ignoring ND-get the best athletes from here and then hit MN, WI hard. Pick some others from elsewhere. Seems like good recruiting strategy.

I agree with Braxton T and others have stated, I would rather have a recruit from the midwest than from the south-for the most part (notice I didn't say always)-our southern recruit haven't panned out as well as we thought. All things equal, give me a ND kid or a midwest kid.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Lots of discussion and arguement, Merry Christmas fellow bison fans. Glad to know you and discuss many heated topics.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 03:39 AM
We get the best recruits from ND year in and year out. I think that we need to get the top three to five recruits in ND, but we cannot sustain only in ND. We obviously need to hit other areas to have a solid team. If we only had ND kids, we may as well go to NAIA as that would be the only teams that we would be able to beat.

I don't think anyone is advocating ignoring ND-get the best athletes from here and then hit MN, WI hard. Pick some others from elsewhere. Seems like good recruiting strategy.

I agree with Braxton T and others have stated, I would rather have a recruit from the midwest than from the south-for the most part (notice I didn't say always)-our southern recruit haven't panned out as well as we thought. All things equal, give me a ND kid or a midwest kid.

You hit the nail on the head.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 03:41 AM
Greg Eslinger, fyi.

sambini
12-25-2009, 03:49 AM
I can think of a few more from ND that played at Minnesota. Mark Slater, Doug Beaudoin, Kirby Kuklenski,Bob Stroup, Sean Hoffman,Justin Conzemius, Neal Fedenburg, a defensive taclke from Lisbon a few years ago can"t remember his name.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 04:13 AM
I can think of a few more from ND that played at Minnesota. Mark Slater, Doug Beaudoin, Kirby Kuklenski,Bob Stroup, Sean Hoffman,Justin Conzemius, Neal Fedenburg, a defensive taclke from Lisbon a few years ago can"t remember his name.

Greg was a phenom. at the U of Minn. And got no props, I remember George saying he remembered Brewster saying there are no good recruits in the Dakotas.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 04:24 AM
Greg was a phenom. at the U of Minn. And got no props, I remember George saying he remembered Brewster saying there are no good recruits in the Dakotas.

You've used one example of the countless number of kids that NDSU has apparently "overlooked" who actually turned out.

So where are all these studs going and playing, and proving that they actually could play at a higher level? Do you even have any other examples you can prove your point with?

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 04:40 AM
You've used one example of the countless number of kids that NDSU has apparently "overlooked" who actually turned out.

So where are all these studs going and playing, and proving that they actually could play at a higher level? Do you even have any other examples you can prove your point with?

I guess I don't have any more, maybe that lowly kid from Watford that happens to play for Nebraska, or that lowly kid from Killdeer that plays ball for CU, hell, I'll go back to Angie Welle. What's your point. I root for the ND kids every time.

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 04:50 AM
Like I'm going to waste my Christmas Eve arguing with people that don't like ND, but like NDSU, lol. If you don't like ND, fuck off, and go to another school
Merry Christmas my friends, nuff said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De47fjH6RKY

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 04:54 AM
Like I'm going to waste my Christmas Eve arguing with people that don't like ND, but like NDSU, lol. If you don't like ND, fuck off, and go to another school
Merry Christmas my friends, nuff said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De47fjH6RKY

Now that is a well educated ND send off. In which class at NDSU were you taught that wonderful way to express yourself????

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Now that is a well educated ND send off. In which class at NDSU were you taught that wonderful way to express yourself????

And it's not? Are you lakes in another life? Maybe it was a night class at Thompson, that only people from ND were invited.

bison_05
12-25-2009, 05:08 AM

Dan Kwapinski, and to be fair he was from Fort Ransom.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 05:10 AM
I guess I don't have any more, maybe that lowly kid from Watford that happens to play for Nebraska, or that lowly kid from Killdeer that plays ball for CU, hell, I'll go back to Angie Welle. What's your point. I root for the ND kids every time.

I'm not sure you even know what you're arguing.

Welle was recruited. Austin Default was recruited. Both by NDSU. Both chose to go to a higher level of competition. The kid at Nebreska? recruited by NDSU. So there goes your theory that NDSU is overlooking ND kids, when the reality is that they aren't. You say they are, and then you bring up Greg Eslinger. 1 recruit out of the countless ND recruits that have gone on to play college somewhere. That's like a .01% ND kids that were apparently not recruited by NDSU that went on to an equal or higher level.

I'm trying to listen to your argument, but it sounds like you want to battle the likes of Mary College, Dickinson St, Jamestown, etc etc for these small town ND kids. It isn't like any other equal divisions of college are stealing them away. If the ND schools that have these small town kids are absolutely dominant in their D3 Naia level of whatever it is, I think you're argument would have a little more validity.

Not hatin', I'm just trying to see where your coming from. I bet if you put out a ratio of D1 athletes per # of kids that play, it's going to be considerably higher in MN than ND. It always is. That's why MN should be the primary focus year in and year out.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 05:10 AM
And it's not? Are you lakes in another life? Maybe it was a night class at Thompson, that only people from ND were invited.

Hmmm Thompson taught you to to tell people to F---off. Interesting. And you had to be form ND to get that invite????

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 05:16 AM
I'm passionate about ND, wow, you should be used to it by now. Calling me uneducated, rude, crude, whatever, it is what it is. Go Bison, go NoDak
People that I knew in Thompson would probably tell your prude ass to F* off too btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVkPbnwMck

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 05:21 AM
I think it's quite clear that 4mCrue has been against this move to D1 from the start.

"Why move to D1 when we can stay D2 and recruit more ND kids!"

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Actually the top DI kid from ND almost beat MT by himself, what are you talking about.
If you remember Steffes is from Dickinson.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Actually the top DI kid from ND almost beat MT by himself, what are you talking about.

NDSU has a plethora of ND kids on their roster. What are you talking about?

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 05:26 AM
If you remember Steffes is from Dickinson.

If you remember Steffes played at NDSU. He certainly wasn't "overlooked".

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 05:26 AM
I think it's quite clear that 4mCrue has been against this move to D1 from the start.

"Why move to D1 when we can stay D2 and recruit more ND kids!"

So ND kids are only good enuff to play D2?

Guess next time I talk to Kevin, I'll relay this message.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm passionate about ND, wow, you should be used to it by now. Calling me uneducated, rude, crude, whatever, it is what it is. Go Bison, go NoDak
People that I knew in Thompson would probably tell your prude ass to F* off too btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvVkPbnwMck

Most people dont have to go to school to learn how to do that. But as you said---ya gotta be from ND to get that invite:D

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 05:29 AM
alright, I'm out. I can see that you guys have it out for me, just to argue with whatever I say. All I can say this christmas eve is that I'm a bison fan, and I love the great state of North Dakota. Take what you will out of all of that. Have a good night guys.

silkamilkamonico
12-25-2009, 05:29 AM
So ND kids are only good enuff to play D2?

Guess next time I talk to Kevin, I'll relay this message.

What? Dickinson St has athletes that could rival Northern Iowa? I dare you try and sell that argument to Kevin as well.

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 05:31 AM
alright, I'm out. I can see that you guys have it out for me, just to argue with whatever I say. All I can say this christmas eve is that I'm a bison fan, and I love the great state of North Dakota. Take what you will out of all of that. Have a good night guys.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!

4mcruenomore
12-25-2009, 05:38 AM
What? Dickinson St has athletes that could rival Northern Iowa? I dare you try and sell that argument to Kevin as well.

I don't even know what DSU has to do with my thoughts of NDSU football. You are a bit dim whitted to even bring this up just b/c I live in Dickinson. My friend Kyle never went to DSU, either did Keith Buckman. I'm not sure what this post even means. Like I said before, have a good christmas BV

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2009, 05:57 AM

when was the last time north dakota states won anything with north dakota players?

no. small town north dakota "talent" will not be able to get it done in the mvc. none the less the f'in playoffs.

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2009, 06:03 AM
alright, I'm out. I can see that you guys have it out for me, just to argue with whatever I say. All I can say this christmas eve is that I'm a bison fan, and I love the great state of North Dakota and i touch myself at night. Take what you will out of all of that. Have a good night guys.

forgot something there, d-bag.

EndZoneQB
12-25-2009, 06:12 AM

Another classic 4m meltdown. What is your boner about ND? Are you a North Dakota fan or an NDSU fan? It sure seems like you are a bigger fan of the state than the school...if you were a fan of the school, you'd want us to get whatever kids help us win...which includes MN boys.

NO ONE has it out for you. You seem to have it out for everyone that thinks we should recruit outside of ND. I don't get why we keep having to have this discussion. It's fucking pointless, especially with you. We realize we get ND kids, and its been a good part of NDSU football. Minnesota has more athlete types than ND, and they are more "proven" because they play against tougher competition. This is not an opinion, this is FACT. It doesn't mean they are, in fact, better, but it does mean it is a lower risk recruit.

It's obvious you are just a numbers guy, you see the numbers someone puts up and you think they can play DI football. When you are recruiting, you need to look at a lot more than just production, which I think you fail to grasp. Just because a kid is from a small town, doesn't mean he doesn't have big time potential, but he generally has atleast SOME measureables that say D-I caliber.

Your thoughts, most times, are not even rational. "Maybe we should just move the school to Minnesota"...I mean seriously, are you 6? Should OU move to Texas just because they know they have to recruit there?? It doesn't make any sense. It's not even about states, it's about getting the BEST talent available to you, and lets face it, Minnesota just has more talent available. If you want to take kids just because they are from ND, then we will live in irrelevance forever. We also need to hit WI, NE, SD, IA, IL, MI, etc etc etc...

We realize this subject bothers you, so just avoid it next time. Either way, you say it is us against ND, when in reality, it's obviously you against outstate recruits and I don't really understand. NDSU goes after the best kids in ND, and sometimes misses, but it's recruiting, not an exact science. Relax.

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2009, 06:17 AM
[4rm]hey did you hear about that new england north dakota stud and how he put up 200 yards against fulltime farmers from scranton!? thats d1 material right there boy i tell you bohl should get out here and see this kid!

maybe he can stand between the grain elevator and the bar/school/bank/church in the endzone[/crue]

unbison
12-25-2009, 07:05 AM
I dont know that is because of better competition that there is more players in minnesota.... I truly believe it is just a numbers thing.... there are so many more kids... competition being of a higher level does not hurt their development but an athlete is an athlete!

EndZoneQB
12-25-2009, 08:03 AM
I dont know that is because of better competition that there is more players in minnesota.... I truly believe it is just a numbers thing.... there are so many more kids... competition being of a higher level does not hurt their development but an athlete is an athlete!

Better competition=better gauge on players ability. I agree, the numbers do help a lot. Like I said, you need to look past the numbers and more at the measureables and some other intangibles.

BisoninNWMN
12-25-2009, 12:45 PM
[4rm]hey did you hear about that new england north dakota stud and how he put up 200 yards against fulltime farmers from scranton!? thats d1 material right there boy i tell you bohl should get out here and see this kid!

maybe he can stand between the grain elevator and the bar/school/bank/church in the endzone[/crue]

You're a frickin comedian, bud.

I'm originally from a small ND town (Hettinger).....it is a numbers thing with the recruits. ND is way to small for NDSU to consistently get a large number of recruits from....MN will always be the state we get the most recruits from.

BisoninNWMN
12-25-2009, 12:46 PM
forgot something there, d-bag.

YOU are calling him a d-bag......LOL......

Mr. Burgundy
12-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't understand this? We dominate in state recruiting. Unless you consider us losing Qvale to Nebraska (offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin...etc), I don't know who we are missing? What kid since Dressler have we missed on? We are playing with the best kids in the State of ND and will continue to do this. I have no idea what anyone is arguing about. We have the best kids in ND again this year. I think everyone is excited about them, and they should be. The best kids in ND have come to NDSU and have produced over time at the D1 level.

Merry Christmas

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2009, 04:13 PM
YOU are calling him a d-bag......LOL......

uhh ok, i have no idea what you suddenly have against me?

westnodak93bison
12-25-2009, 04:36 PM
For Cripes sake people it's Christmas!

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Of course its a numbers thing. ND has approx 650,000 people. The city of Minneapolis is approx 350,000 by itself not to mention the rest of the metroplex and the rest of MN.

MNLonghorn10
12-25-2009, 06:06 PM
nobody isnt denying that. more people=more chances of better players. its not science.

4rmcrue just suggests to move the school to minnesota cause some of us real bison fans want whats best for the team.

tjbison
12-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't understand this? We dominate in state recruiting. Unless you consider us losing Qvale to Nebraska (offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin...etc), I don't know who we are missing? What kid since Dressler have we missed on? We are playing with the best kids in the State of ND and will continue to do this. I have no idea what anyone is arguing about. We have the best kids in ND again this year. I think everyone is excited about them, and they should be. The best kids in ND have come to NDSU and have produced over time at the D1 level.

Merry Christmas

EVERYONE RE-READ THIS POST AND SHUT UP!!:D

oh yeah have a Merry Christmas too!!;)

56BISON73
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Another classic 4m meltdown. What is your boner about ND? Are you a North Dakota fan or an NDSU fan? It sure seems like you are a bigger fan of the state than the school...if you were a fan of the school, you'd want us to get whatever kids help us win...which includes MN boys.

NO ONE has it out for you. You seem to have it out for everyone that thinks we should recruit outside of ND. I don't get why we keep having to have this discussion. It's fucking pointless, especially with you. We realize we get ND kids, and its been a good part of NDSU football. Minnesota has more athlete types than ND, and they are more "proven" because they play against tougher competition. This is not an opinion, this is FACT. It doesn't mean they are, in fact, better, but it does mean it is a lower risk recruit.

It's obvious you are just a numbers guy, you see the numbers someone puts up and you think they can play DI football. When you are recruiting, you need to look at a lot more than just production, which I think you fail to grasp. Just because a kid is from a small town, doesn't mean he doesn't have big time potential, but he generally has atleast SOME measureables that say D-I caliber.

Your thoughts, most times, are not even rational. "Maybe we should just move the school to Minnesota"...I mean seriously, are you 6? Should OU move to Texas just because they know they have to recruit there?? It doesn't make any sense. It's not even about states, it's about getting the BEST talent available to you, and lets face it, Minnesota just has more talent available. If you want to take kids just because they are from ND, then we will live in irrelevance forever. We also need to hit WI, NE, SD, IA, IL, MI, etc etc etc...

We realize this subject bothers you, so just avoid it next time. Either way, you say it is us against ND, when in reality, it's obviously you against outstate recruits and I don't really understand. NDSU goes after the best kids in ND, and sometimes misses, but it's recruiting, not an exact science. Relax.

This and Burgandys post!!!!!!!!!!!

MplsLaker
12-26-2009, 05:41 AM
Of course its a numbers thing. ND has approx 650,000 people. The city of Minneapolis is approx 350,000 by itself not to mention the rest of the metroplex and the rest of MN.

minneapolis city proper is actually closer to 390,000 these days. anyways, just breakin' your balls a little. :)

merry christmas and happy new year!

BisonNeil
12-26-2009, 03:08 PM
If you remember Steffes played at NDSU. He certainly wasn't "overlooked".

This is a very interesting debate to me. A few factoids that may be of interest since several have mentioned the "numbers".

The early portion of the discussion centered on the stars on Montana's football team that were from MT. Montana has 43 players on their 97 player roster from their state. NDSU has 20 on their 98 player roster. MT has proportionately more MT players on their team despite the fact that their state has only 309,000 more people. If the ratios were the same, NDSU should have about another dozen ND kids on the roster.

Based on population, I think that there should be more ND kids on the roster. However, I am not sure the talent is there compared to MT. If my memory serves me right, MT destroys ND in their annual HS 'bowl' game of all stars.

steelbison
12-26-2009, 03:42 PM
This is a very interesting debate to me. A few factoids that may be of interest since several have mentioned the "numbers".

The early portion of the discussion centered on the stars on Montana's football team that were from MT. Montana has 43 players on their 97 player roster from their state. NDSU has 20 on their 98 player roster. MT has proportionately more MT players on their team despite the fact that their state has only 309,000 more people. If the ratios were the same, NDSU should have about another dozen ND kids on the roster.

Based on population, I think that there should be more ND kids on the roster. However, I am not sure the talent is there compared to MT. If my memory serves me right, MT destroys ND in their annual HS 'bowl' game of all stars.

I have made this point before. The state of Montana develops high school football players better than North Dakota.

Why?? I don't know..but it is something we need to address. Montana State has over 40 on their roster also.

Like BisonNeil said..They are kicking our butt in the MonDak bowl meaning they are producing better talent and a lot more of it than we are.

Anyone have the answer??

westnodak93bison
12-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Not sure this is an answer but it seems ND culture favors basketball over other sports for some stupid reason.

DORMIE
12-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Could be that we have a lot fewer kids playing high school football these days with all of the consolidations. Would be interesting to see the numbers from 10 and 15 years ago. No question the ND kids hev been important to our success in the past and most recently. What can you say about Steffes, Roehl and Jangula. Three real tough bastards. About Dressler, he wanted to come here but we had signed Shaman. His cousin, who is on the Alumni Board, said he wanted to come here. We're not perfect. Hind sight is 20-20.

Facts
12-26-2009, 05:24 PM
As a die hard North Dakota fan, should we just move the school to Minnesota and call it good? I mean really.

I'll talk to some of my engineering buddies about this possibility. Are you thinking just across the river into Moorhead or further east to Detroit Lakes? I think Moorhead may be more feasible If we can work out some sort of property swap with Concordia/Moorhead State. However DL may be more attractive from a scenic point of view. I think Wake Forest did this very thing a few years back... moved the whole campus.

Anybody have any idea what type of legislation may have to be worked out to get this done? LET'S DO THIS NOW :nod: !!

rutlandbison
12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
[quote=Facts;340262]I'll talk to some of my engineering buddies about this possibility. Are you thinking just across the river into Moorhead or further east to Detroit Lakes? I think Moorhead may be more feasible If we can work out some sort of property swap with Concordia/Moorhead State. However DL may be more attractive from a scenic point of view. I think Wake Forest did this very thing a few years back... moved the whole campus.

I think if we are going to do this we need to just put in the middle of lakes country (not our Lakes but lakes as in water) and build a man made lake in the middle of campus and put the university around it so we can take boats to class.
We could even bring in a new athletic team... Fishing.
New programs, scuba diving, boat racing team, wind surfing and all of the other water sports. 4m may be on to something here.

fbsbison
12-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Diversion to the west of Fargo, then annex to Minnesota.

met1990
12-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I think if we are going to do this we need to just put in the middle of lakes country (not our Lakes but lakes as in water) and build a man made lake in the middle of campus and put the university around it so we can take boats to class.
We could even bring in a new athletic team... Fishing.
New programs, scuba diving, boat racing team, wind surfing and all of the other water sports. 4m may be on to something here.

I could finally go back for that underwater basket weaving degree I've always wanted!!!

NorthernBison
12-27-2009, 01:26 PM
This subject will always push 4mcrue off the deep end. Actually he only has one slightly valid point. It's actually something I thought of immediately. Since he didn't exactly say what I thought I'll restate what I thought he MIGHT have been getting at:

1. Lakes in particular has said that NDSU should place no emphasis on kids from North Dakota and then he flat out states that we need more kids from the Twin Cities METRO area and actually puts a minimum number of 10 on it.

Well, considering it was Lakes who said it, I shook my head, smiled in resignation at the cluelessness and went on my way.

There are all kinds of problems with his comment and everybody knows what they are. I'll only throw out the one that matters.

A. Most importantly, we recruit the best players available regardless of where they come from. I don't think a METRO kid from Minnesota is any less of a risk than a great player from outstate (I teed up a Mertens bash for some of you so try to resist it). Same goes for any other state (I think Jake Morris came from the Metro are called Beaver Dam).

Thanks to BisonNeil for looking up the Montana information. I watched their last two game and paid particular attention to the starters. Half the team might be from Montana but the starting lineup made it look like it was closer to 100%. I remember very few starters from other states but that is probably selective memory. Maybe we should recruit Montana harder. If we EVER have 1/10th the success of the Griz, I'll be dancing in the streets.

We have been getting the top recruits out of North Dakota recently. I don't think we've lost a recruit to UND since the move. I expect that to change in the future. There was a time when it was quite even and, not to long ago, we couldn't buy a win on the field.

The Weston Dressler thing was a GIGANTIC miss if he really wanted to come to Fargo and we took Shamen instead. I'd say Weston was 10 times the player Shamen ever was. The results show it.

unbison
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
does east grand forks count as metro or out of state recruit.... i really think neither..... you didnt really put a mertens bashing alley up for anyone

NorthernBison
12-27-2009, 07:39 PM
does east grand forks count as metro or out of state recruit.... i really think neither..... you didnt really put a mertens bashing alley up for anyone

"Outstate" not "out OF state".

unbison
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
was referring to out of north dakota so it is out of state

EndZoneQB
12-27-2009, 09:15 PM
was referring to out of north dakota so it is out of state

That confuses me then?

unbison
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
ok someone was saying metro kids dont always workout..... and then said he left an opening for mertens bashing...... i took it to mean he thought mertens was from the metro which he is not.... he is from egf..... 70 miles away.... so he is hardly even a out of state recruit.... does that help?

EndZoneQB
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM
ok someone was saying metro kids dont always workout..... and then said he left an opening for mertens bashing...... i took it to mean he thought mertens was from the metro which he is not.... he is from egf..... 70 miles away.... so he is hardly even a out of state recruit.... does that help?

I just read his original post wrong when I was drunk apparently.

NorthernBison
12-27-2009, 10:17 PM

I actually was not even getting into the North Dakota vs Minnesota debate.
There are two kinds of Minnesota recruits (Metro and Outstate). Lakes original point was that NDSU should get 10 Metro recruits at a minimum every year. What I was trying to convey was the point that outstate Minnesota kids are not a bigger risk than the Metro players and that it is just as ridiculous to place numbers like that out there as it is to say X number of kids from any other state should be recruited.

I put the Mertens comment in there because I figured somebody would jump all over the Mr. Football winner from EGF.

If you go back to my original post, you'll see that I also said that the Metro vs outstate (small school) argument is the same for other states. Hence, the Jake Morris reference. I guess that coming from Beaver Dam rather than Milwaukee would make him less of a football player to some. Sorry if I wasn't clear and the references were too subtle.

4mcruenomore
12-28-2009, 12:38 AM
This subject will always push 4mcrue off the deep end. Actually he only has one slightly valid point. It's actually something I thought of immediately. Since he didn't exactly say what I thought I'll restate what I thought he MIGHT have been getting at:

1. Lakes in particular has said that NDSU should place no emphasis on kids from North Dakota and then he flat out states that we need more kids from the Twin Cities METRO area and actually puts a minimum number of 10 on it.

Well, considering it was Lakes who said it, I shook my head, smiled in resignation at the cluelessness and went on my way.

There are all kinds of problems with his comment and everybody knows what they are. I'll only throw out the one that matters.

A. Most importantly, we recruit the best players available regardless of where they come from. I don't think a METRO kid from Minnesota is any less of a risk than a great player from outstate (I teed up a Mertens bash for some of you so try to resist it). Same goes for any other state (I think Jake Morris came from the Metro are called Beaver Dam).

Thanks to BisonNeil for looking up the Montana information. I watched their last two game and paid particular attention to the starters. Half the team might be from Montana but the starting lineup made it look like it was closer to 100%. I remember very few starters from other states but that is probably selective memory. Maybe we should recruit Montana harder. If we EVER have 1/10th the success of the Griz, I'll be dancing in the streets.

We have been getting the top recruits out of North Dakota recently. I don't think we've lost a recruit to UND since the move. I expect that to change in the future. There was a time when it was quite even and, not to long ago, we couldn't buy a win on the field.

The Weston Dressler thing was a GIGANTIC miss if he really wanted to come to Fargo and we took Shamen instead. I'd say Weston was 10 times the player Shamen ever was. The results show it.

Thank you, although I'm always off the deep end. No matter what the subject.

BisonNolesFan77
12-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Go after the best players available, doesn't matter if he is from ND, MN, WI, NE, etc., all this we should have so many players from a certain state or area is B.S., recruit and go after the best players available to you can land! It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me when I watching a game on Saturday afternoon where a kid grew up, I want the guys in the Bison uniforms to succeed, and I want the Bison program to succeed. Plain and simple as that...

westnodak93bison
12-28-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm all for more metro kids as long as we are stealing the recruits from the likes of WI, IA and maybe even the Goophers.

MplsLaker
12-28-2009, 05:15 AM
I'm all for more metro kids as long as we are stealing the recruits from the likes of WI, IA and maybe even the Gophers.

ha! too funny. keep dreamin' up there! :smh:

MNLonghorn10
12-28-2009, 06:43 AM
ha! too funny. keep dreamin' up there! :smh:

yea. its almost as funny as the gophers ability to keep the best players in state:banghead:

lakesbison
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Lakes Wanted Metro Kids......now We Got.them!!!

Just Jacked Up!!!!!

MplsLaker
01-09-2010, 10:19 AM
yea. its almost as funny as the gophers ability to keep the best players in state:banghead:

actually, it looks like they are doing pretty well in that dept these days.

2010 commits from MN (all are top-ranked players in MN):

-jimmy gjere - irondale h.s. (new brighton, mn). #2 minnesota recruit.
-lamonte edwards - woodbury h.s. (woodbury, mn). #3 minnesota recruit.
-j.d. pride - cretin-derham hall h.s. (minneapolis, mn). top 15 minnesota recruit.
-josh campion - fergus falls h.s. (fergus falls, mn). was the #5 minnesota recruit in 2009. took a medical red-shirt in 2009 due to surgery and will join the gophers in 2010.

others in 2010 class:

-taylor grant - eden prairie h.s. (eden prairie, mn). top 15 minnesota recruit. expect to see him walk-on at the U of M and follow in his grandfather (bud grant) and brother's (ryan grant) footsteps by playing football for the gophers.

-seantrel henderson - cretin-derham hall h.s. (minneapolis, mn). #1 recruit in MN and #1 recruit in the U.S. if pete carroll ends up the new head coach of the seattle seahawks expect to see seantrel playing in the big ten. could be minnesota. could be ohio state. who knows. both schools are in his final four and/or five. most outlets were predicting that he would end up out at usc with pete carroll, but if carroll bolts for the nfl then all bets are off about him being a lock out in LA. if that is the case the gophers have just as good of a shot at seantrel as anyone else in the big ten. based on what i have read and watched he has routinely expressed both in public and private his sincere like of tim brewster, his coaching staff and the U of M.

only two of the top ranked minnesota guy's in the 2010 class that the gophers actually offered ended up elsewhere and only one of those remained in the big ten conference.

-beau allen - minnetonka h.s. (minnetonka, mn). #4 recruit. both of beau allen's parents are becky badger alums, so it was pretty much a given he was going to end up at wisconsin no matter what.

-tobi okuyemi - wayzata h.s. (plymouth, mn). #5 recruit. originally grew up in kansas city area (big 12 country) and has only lived in minneapolis for a couple of years. had a ton of BCS conference offers and not surprisingly he ended up at nebraska (very close to kansas city where he spent most of his formative years before his family moved to minnesota).

as another poster already mentioned in this thread the 2010 minnesota recruiting class was very top heavy and was not as deep as the 2009 class was talent wise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

also, it looks like tim brewster and his staff locked up six of the top ten MN recruits in last year's 2009 class. including #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 & #8. #1 recruit bryce mcneal left the big ten conference to attend clemson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

next time, please get a clue before speaking on such matters because you really do look like a clueless fool here. :nod:

tjbison
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM

-j.d. pride - cretin-derham hall h.s. (minneapolis, mn). top 15 minnesota recruit.
-josh campion - fergus falls h.s. (fergus falls, mn). was the #5 minnesota recruit in 2009. took a medical red-shirt in 2009 due to surgery and will join the gophers in 2010.

others in 2010 class:

-taylor grant - eden prairie h.s. (eden prairie, mn). top 15 minnesota recruit. expect to see him walk-on at the U of M and follow in his grandfather (bud grant) and brother's (ryan grant) footsteps by playing football for the gophers.

-seantrel henderson - cretin-derham hall h.s. (minneapolis, mn). #1 recruit in MN and #1 recruit in the U.S. if pete carroll ends up the new head coach of the seattle seahawks expect to see seantrel playing in the big ten. could be minnesota. could be ohio state. who knows. both schools are in his final four and/or five. most outlets were predicting that he would end up out at usc with pete carroll, but if carroll bolts for the nfl then all bets are off about him being a lock out in LA. if that is the case the gophers have just as good of a shot at seantrel as anyone else in the big ten. based on what i have read and watched he has routinely expressed both in public and private his sincere like of tim brewster, his coaching staff and the U of M.

only two of the top ranked minnesota guy's in the 2010 class that the gophers actually offered ended up elsewhere and only one of those remained in the big ten conference.

-beau allen - minnetonka h.s. (minnetonka, mn). #4 recruit. both of beau allen's parents are becky badger alums, so it was pretty much a given he was going to end up at wisconsin no matter what.

-tobi okuyemi - wayzata h.s. (plymouth, mn). #5 recruit. originally grew up in kansas city area (big 12 country) and has only lived in minneapolis for a couple of years. had a ton of BCS conference offers and not surprisingly he ended up at nebraska (very close to kansas city where he spent most of his formative years before his family moved to minnesota).

as another poster already mentioned in this thread the 2010 minnesota recruiting class was very top heavy and was not as deep as the 2009 class was talent wise.

also, it looks like tim brewster and his staff locked up six of the top ten MN recruits in last year's 2009 class. including #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 & #8. #1 recruit bryce mcneal left the big ten conference to attend clemson.

next time, please get a clue before speaking on such matters because you really do look like a clueless fool here. :nod:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thats all I have to say about that

BisoninNWMN
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM

others in 2010 class:

Well, Brewster's recruiting "prowess" has yielded what???
6-7 this year......next year?

SDSU should have won this year.....I, for one, cannot wait until the Bison play the Goophers again, next year.

Oh, ya.....Punkies supporters will say....."Give him time with his recuits"....haaaa

Punkie will NEVER have success at the UM.

BlueBisonRock
01-09-2010, 04:00 PM

Blah, blah, blah ........

As a Gopher Alum, I will state that the University of MN will continue to be second or third tier until it can consistently lock up the top player in the state. Pretty good is not excellence.

As a Bison Alum, It becomes very easy to recognize your drivel as demonstrating the clueless fool. Come back when you can add to the discussion. Your attempts at showing a superior persona are failing miserably.

lakesbison
01-09-2010, 04:02 PM
mplslaker:

Billy Turner is #8 going to ndsu
Grant Olson is #10 going to ndsu
Zach Vraa is #11 going to ndsu
Littlejohn is #15 going to ndsu.

see, here's your fatal flaw, punky cant even talk these guys into walking on. and would rather give some mid level 3 star recruits a scholarship then a local hard nosed, hard working 2 star recruit.

hows that working out for you? 14-24 = brewster.

overquota
01-09-2010, 05:51 PM
We can argue for years about Brewster's ability to recruit. What speaks volumes to me is the FCS schools surrounding this Big Ten school, do not fear playing this school, in fact they expect to win when they play this Big Ten school. This would not be true if they played one of the other Big Ten schools.

unbison
01-09-2010, 10:45 PM
We can argue for years about Brewster's ability to recruit. What speaks volumes to me is the FCS schools surrounding this Big Ten school, do not fear playing this school, in fact they expect to win when they play this Big Ten school. This would not be true if they played one of the other Big Ten schools.
well the problem with your theory is that minnesota has lost as many games against FCS as michigan has would you expect to beat michigan?

BisoninNWMN
01-09-2010, 11:40 PM
well the problem with your theory is that minnesota has lost as many games against FCS as michigan has would you expect to beat michigan?

As a die-hard Bison fan....yes

....except maybe the Steelers....:D

CaBisonFan
01-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Grabbing the 2nd-tier recruits out of Minnesota is a part of our great history. These are still great athletes.

Blend these guys with our top North Dakota kids, some Wisconsin & South Dakota kids...and you have a team that will play with the Gophers any given year. That applies to all of the Big 11 teams, with the exception of one or two of the top teams each year. Namely...Ohio State and the other team that challenges them.

Sid Hartman doesn't agree with me...but that's just fine...:D

And 'as predicted,' we are now giving the kitty kats real competition in the cities...which is why they've felt threatened by our presence since the day it was announced.

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2010, 06:44 AM
ha! ha! :rofl:

i knew i was not the only one who noticed this about cabisonfan. too funny!

My guess is that Cybore wants to give you a run for the red chickletts. He does have his work cut out, but I am sure that there are many who are willing to help.

Now,the best advice I have for you is to provide your wisdom to this board when Marquette has a football team. Your current approach is also embarrasing to Gopher fans.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2010, 11:18 AM
MplsLaker, if you compared success of local MN or regional "2 star" kids to the out of area "3 star kids" in the Gopher program what would we see? Not including Maroney I bet the better players probably came from MN or the region. Decker, Spaeth, Hamilton, Eslinger, Barber, Barber are a few that come to mind.

WildBill
01-13-2010, 12:56 AM
MplsLaker, if you compared success of local MN or regional "2 star" kids to the out of area "3 star kids" in the Gopher program what would we see? Not including Maroney I bet the better players probably came from MN or the region. Decker, Spaeth, Hamilton, Eslinger, Barber, Barber are a few that come to mind.

It's actually pretty even. MN produced the aforementioned, but a lot of talent came from the St Louis and Ohio areas.