PDA

View Full Version : Is the rumor false?

johnson
12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Is there still going to be an announcement today?

bisonmike2
12-21-2009, 03:02 PM

Personally, I'd be shocked if a rumor generated on Bisonville turns out to be false. SHOCKED!

/sarcasm off.

tcbison
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM

I think it is sad that Kolpack even posted that. Obviously he got it from Bisonville and not any of his own sources.

sambini
12-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I think it will happen maybe on a differant monday in the future.

westnodak93bison
12-21-2009, 04:26 PM
How could any FCS program in the area not take a long look at these SF coaches. They obviously get it. Maybe some HCs are worried they could be out coached by their own staff and thus pushed aside?

Tatanka
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/April05034.jpg
OH NOES!!!! NO teh BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

A1pigskin
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Nothing on there is solid evidence.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I rather doubt that Kolpack would play around with a bisonville rumor unless he's heard something real.

lakesbison
12-21-2009, 06:48 PM
the Fargo MEDIA & HALLSTROM gets everything from bisonville. that way they dont have to do any ACTUAL work.

of course if WDAY or whoever calls down to sioux falls they are going to say "OH NOPE, NO CONTACT"

DUH!!! they aint gonna say squat until a contract is signed. D U H !

tcbison
12-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I rather doubt that Kolpack would play around with a bisonville rumor unless he's heard something real.

Is this another one of your theories?

ndsubison1
12-21-2009, 06:57 PM
brian kelly denied at first he was contacted by ND... just saying

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 07:04 PM

Absolutely...that's the PR game that they have to play until things get more real.

Man...I hope that we get one or two of these guys onboard. Deboer would be the biggest 'get' in a long time.

Notorious
12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
I respectully disagree. He may be a rising star, but there are likely many potential DCs more qualified and available for the taking. I won't even try to argue with his success to date; however, I do not think he will be the guy.

jackrabbit1979
12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Do you guys have another opening on the staff besides DC? Kalen Deboer is an offensive guy (played WR at USF, coached on offense before he became the head coach), and I wouldn't think he would be in line for a DC position at an FCS school. USF's D-coordinator Chuck Morrell is a good young coach too and played at USF the same time as Deboer. I believe Morrell's father, Russ, was a longtime high school coach in SD at Wagner High School and Bon Homme High School. Bon Homme High School was the school that Jackrabbit RB great Josh Ranek attended, for those Bison fans who remember Josh.

Do you guys have other ideas as to how Deboer would fit into the current staff at NDSU or is this more just speculation?

Bison bison
12-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Ranek? Never heard of the kid....

:D

bisonhusker
12-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Hey Jacks...speaking of rumors, did those QB's transfer? You know, the ones that the new verbal commit mentioned were transferring? You take care of your team, we will take care of our team. It isn't like Bohl is listing rumors. This is a message board. It doesn't sound like anyone has any real info at this time.

WRSDBison
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM

I'm sorry that I will stray off path here but, Kelly originally talked about wanting to go there as early as last year when Weis was "on the hot seat". Then again this year, as early as the the Illinios game. During the telecast my brother-in-law and me kept getting sick of Bob Griese mentioning that Brian Kelly mentioned to him before the game that he was "intrigued" by the ND job. They kept talking about it again during the Pittsburgh game. If I remember correctly, Kelly mentioned either right before or after the Pitt game that he and ND's AD Jack Swarbrick were in-contact through a 3rd party. This didn't sit well with Swarbrick, so Kelly then adamently went public saying there had not been discussions.

He never once told anybody in the media that he was, "staying at Cincinnati." Instead, he said he and his family were "happy at Cincinnati." That indeed WAS his one non-denial denial, which every coach makes and has to make up until it is OFFICIAL that they are taking the position.

So, at the end of the day, maybe DeBoer is coming. Maybe he is not. The thing that makes me most skeptical is the fact that there is nothing coming from DeBoer's side whatsoever. If a rumor has any legitimacy to it, there is usually rumblings on both sides.

WRSDBison
12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Sorry that I respond to my own reply. I just got off the phone with my brother-in-law who lives in Milbank. He said the rumblings there are that SDSU is after him pretty hard about being their offensive co-ordinator. Also, Colorado State is looking at him as a Wide Receivers coach. DeBoer has told people that he is not willing to leave unless it is as a head coach at a higher level. Also, there is talk that USF is looking at going up to D-2 in the next year or two.

My brother-in-law also said that if there was some deal naming him the "coach-in-waiting" at NDSU, a la Jumbo Fisher at Florida State, that he thinks DeBoer would jump at the chance.

I know, this is all my friends brother's sister's boyfriend's dog said, but take it for what its worth.

P.S. I now feel like Lakes for having made this post.

baseballfan7
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Sorry that I respond to my own reply. I just got off the phone with my brother-in-law who lives in Milbank. He said the rumblings there are that SDSU is after him pretty hard about being their offensive co-ordinator. Also, Colorado State is looking at him as a Wide Receivers coach. DeBoer has told people that he is not willing to leave unless it is as a head coach at a higher level. Also, there is talk that USF is looking at going up to D-2 in the next year or two.

My brother-in-law also said that if there was some deal naming him the "coach-in-waiting" at NDSU, a la Jumbo Fisher at Florida State, that he thinks DeBoer would jump at the chance.

I know, this is all my friends brother's sister's boyfriend's dog said, but take it for what its worth.

USF is going D2. They have already been accepted and will move in 2011.

Bison bison
12-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Coach-in-waiting?

Is Bohl retiring?

WRSDBison
12-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Coach-in-waiting?

Is Bohl retiring?

No. Meaning if he gets promoted to a non BCS conference.

Witt
12-22-2009, 01:10 AM
As a close USF follower for several years (just got back from Championship Game in Rome, GA)....I could see Kalen going to another level for a much better opportunity, but I'm not sure this one is it. Heck, he's 56-1 over the last 4 years..best College record at any level during that time. Kalen is the offensive guru for USF, and Chuck Morrell is 100% the defensive fella. USD offered Morrell for DC last year and he declined..or so says the rumor mill. Morrell is a Buddy Ryan-ish type who lives for defense..and isn't the person who looks for other jobs or talking to the media. I don't see him making any move unless it's with his former teammate, DeBoer. Kalen has been offered elsewhere too, which is to be expected..and is far more the mouthpiece for USF Football.

I could see Kalen taking an OC job maybe at a school that's big time D1aa..or even D1..as his stock is frankly moving up that quickly..but he's now been a head guy for a while, and has to feel very good about the way he does things and the success he's found in that role. Truth be told, he and his staff were the reason USF handled the Sioux up in Grand Forks the way in which they did..preparation, scheme, and refined execution. They won the tactical battle, by a distance.

Here is a very recent article on this very subject..
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091219/SPORTS0204/912190307/1002/rss02

Given what Kalen said this morning to your media in Fargo..and his comments at the end of the article here..I would be surprised (not blown away though) if Kalen was the person heading up to NDSU, at this moment. However, if he were offered OC..and Morrell DC, I could possibly see the move. I'm completely aware that your OC is pretty new, as I've followed both NDSU and UND football closely this year with the visit up to Grand Forks earlier this year for USF....I'm just spitballin on what situation might need to happen for such a move.

Sorry for the book....didn't mean to bud in on the Bison forum..just figured I would offer some background. Thanks.

westnodak93bison
12-22-2009, 01:59 AM
any smart negotiator will never show their hand

Da Bison
12-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Sorry for the book....didn't mean to bud in on the Bison forum..just figured I would offer some background. Thanks.

Obviously you haven't read any of Cabison's posts:D :D :D :D

tjbison
12-22-2009, 02:03 AM
As a close USF follower for several years (just got back from Championship Game in Rome, GA)....I could see Kalen going to another level for a much better opportunity, but I'm not sure this one is it. Heck, he's 56-1 over the last 4 years..best College record at any level during that time. Kalen is the offensive guru for USF, and Chuck Morrell is 100% the defensive fella. USD offered Morrell for DC last year and he declined..or so says the rumor mill. Morrell is a Buddy Ryan-ish type who lives for defense..and isn't the person who looks for other jobs or talking to the media. I don't see him making any move unless it's with his former teammate, DeBoer. Kalen has been offered elsewhere too, which is to be expected..and is far more the mouthpiece for USF Football.

I could see Kalen taking an OC job maybe at a school that's big time D1aa..or even D1..as his stock is frankly moving up that quickly..but he's now been a head guy for a while, and has to feel very good about the way he does things and the success he's found in that role. Truth be told, he and his staff were the reason USF handled the Sioux up in Grand Forks the way in which they did..preparation, scheme, and refined execution. They won the tactical battle, by a distance.

Given what Kalen said this morning to your media in Fargo..and his comments at the end of the article here..I would be surprised (not blown away though) if Kalen was the person heading up to NDSU, at this moment. However, if he were offered OC..and Morrell DC, I could possibly see the move. I'm completely aware that your OC is pretty new, as I've followed both NDSU and UND football closely this year with the visit up to Grand Forks earlier this year for USF....I'm just spitballin on what situation might need to happen for such a move.

FYI FCS and FBS are both DI one plays in a playoff system the other the bowl System!! DI=DI;)

EndZoneQB
12-22-2009, 02:04 AM

Good post. Be careful tho, there is little room for reasoning here. :).

Anyway, it makes sense what you say about expecting Morrell to only move if DeBoer moves as well. The rumors have been that both of them were being brought on...for whatever reason. Maybe OC is something of a wild card. Like you said he is new, at being an OC anyway. He was a former NDSU TE, and worked his way up the coaching ladder. He used to be the QB coach, and usually helps run a QB camp at Nebraska. It really wouldn't surprise me, especially if Bohl thinks there is something to be desired in the offense? Who knows. It'll be interesting! SOMETHING will happen.

TheDoctor
12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
I think it is sad that Kolpack even posted that. Obviously he got it from Bisonville and not any of his own sources.

If Kolpack spent any time on here, he'd know that the "rumor" was reported by unbison and that unbison is very good friends with lakes. Therefore, Kolpack is smart enough not to repeat anything that comes from Lakes. While Lakes is on sometimes (even a lot of the time), when he is off, he is OFF! ;)

TheDoctor
12-22-2009, 02:43 AM

:rofl: How does that feel? :rofl: ;)

CaBisonFan
12-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Obviously you haven't read any of Cabison's posts:D :D :D :D

Ah...yes...some of my posts require reading skills...:cool:

jackrabbit1979
12-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Hey Jacks...speaking of rumors, did those QB's transfer? You know, the ones that the new verbal commit mentioned were transferring? You take care of your team, we will take care of our team. It isn't like Bohl is listing rumors. This is a message board. It doesn't sound like anyone has any real info at this time.

Coaches said they won't announce any transfers until after the semester...but word from everyone in Brookings is that they are both transferring. Whittier wants to play and Mondol wants to be closer to family (his mom died this past August). Will leave us thin at QB this coming season, especially if TOB would go down, but I'm guessing we will bring in at least one JUCO QB in this class if they do indeed transfer.

What's up with the tone anyway...I didn't smack one bit, was just asking questions.

WRSDBison
12-22-2009, 05:33 AM
:rofl: How does that feel? :rofl: ;)

Take it for what its worth. You and I both know how that feels.

Bison bison
12-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Coaches said they won't announce any transfers until after the semester...but word from everyone in Brookings is that they are both transferring. Whittier wants to play and Mondol wants to be closer to family (his mom died this past August). Will leave us thin at QB this coming season, especially if TOB would go down, but I'm guessing we will bring in at least one JUCO QB in this class if they do indeed transfer.

What's up with the tone anyway...I didn't smack one bit, was just asking questions.

Listen here, Sassy Rabbit.

We ask the questions. You look cute and eat carrots. That's the deal.