PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Could Use Joe Mays

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 04:50 AM
The Vikes are hurting at middle linebacker. How about a trade for Joe?

TheDoctor
12-21-2009, 05:22 AM
If Joe Mays has his way, he'll help the Eagles steal the 2 seed from the Vikings and have them playing in the 1st week of the playoffs (as opposed to having a bye of course). ;)

MNLonghorn10
12-21-2009, 05:51 AM
can joe play left tackle, center, right guard, right tackle, safety, middle linebacker, weak side linebacker, coach?

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
can joe play left tackle, center, right guard, right tackle, safety, middle linebacker, weak side linebacker, coach?

He used to do that for the Bison...:D

The Lost Dutchman
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
The Vikes could also use Craig Dahl too and while they are at it how about Lamar Gordon too.

bisonmike2
12-21-2009, 03:34 PM
They could use a QB that doesn't shutdown in December. Seriously, Vikings fans better hope you get that 2 seed, because if the Vikes have to travel and play outdoors in Philly, you can kiss that game goodbye.

westnodak93bison
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
the vikes OL is not playing well at all....alot of the poor performance is on them imho

HandoEX
12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
the vikes OL is not playing well at all....alot of the poor performance is on them imho

^^^THIS!^^^

Julius Peppers made our tackles look foolish the entire game.

stevdock
12-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Vikings fans don't fret too much. Next week will look better after you kill the Bears. God knows the Bison could beat the Bears right now. Although if the Bears somehow pull this out, the noose tightens very quickly.

tjbison
12-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Vikings fans don't fret too much. Next week will look better after you kill the Bears. God knows the Bison could beat the Bears right now. Although if the Bears somehow pull this out, the noose tightens very quickly.

Well going onto last nights game most Viking fans I know had the queens winning by 40 or 50, not losing by 20 LOL

bisonmike2
12-21-2009, 05:51 PM

I may not be a great football mind, but I'm a Packer fan so I know a little something about Brett Favre choking in cold weather so go with me on this one. I wouldn't count the game against the Bears as a slam dunk. Year end divisional road games in cold weather are far from gimmies. This will be the Bears Super Bowl. I look for it to be a whale of a game. And not to look too far ahead but in 2 weeks the Vikes are going to get a Giants team that could be fighting for a playoff berth. All of a sudden the Vikings could be falling to a 3 seed.

tjbison
12-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I may not be a great football mind, but I'm a Packer fan so I know a little something about Brett Favre choking in cold weather so go with me on this one. I wouldn't count the game against the Bears as a slam dunk. Year end divisional road games in cold weather are far from gimmies. This will be the Bears Super Bowl. I look for it to be a whale of a game. And not to look too far ahead but in 2 weeks the Vikes are going to get a Giants team that could be fighting for a playoff berth. All of a sudden the Vikings could be falling to a 3 seed.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP USING THIS PHRASE!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

;)

bisonmike2
12-21-2009, 05:56 PM
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP USING THIS PHRASE!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

;)

I can't help it. It's been beaten into my brain and I can't get it out!

MNLonghorn10
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
philly has denver @ home fighting like hell for a playoff spot, then they goto dallas for what might be a division clinching game.

i think we'll get the 2 seed but it wont come next week.

1bizon1
12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
It looks like alot of Vikings seasons, from HOT to NOT....

TheDoctor
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM

I am not a great football mind, but I am a Bears fan so I know a little something about Cutler and his 3-4 interceptions per game. Absolutely pathetic! So, count the Vikings game as a slam dunk. ;)

A1pigskin
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
The Vikes are hurting at middle linebacker. How about a trade for Joe?

I thought of this same thing last night.

Green-N-Gold
12-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I am not a great football mind, but I am a Bears fan so I know a little something about Cutler and his 3-4 interceptions per game. Absolutely pathetic! So, count the Vikings game as a slam dunk. ;)

What's the over/under for total picks in this game? Double digits?

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 06:56 PM
They could use a QB that doesn't shutdown in December. Seriously, Vikings fans better hope you get that 2 seed, because if the Vikes have to travel and play outdoors in Philly, you can kiss that game goodbye.

I agree about the shutdown...and about dome teams in general. The Bison don't typically look like the same team when it gets into the 30s or 40s...with one or two exceptions. They are used to perfection conditions, and it becomes pinball wizard. When the footing gets a little less optimal, the dome teams don't know how to react. Doesn't matter if they practice outside or not. It's not the same as a game.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM

The Vikings' defense hasn't looked as aggressive lately. Man...the hole that Henderson left in that roster is immense. I didn't realize that he was that important.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 07:02 PM
It appears that the Vikings will limp into the playoffs. Bet there are a lot of Packer fans that are saying 'told ya so.'

But most Vikings fans asked the same question from the beginning. In his defense, the running game has gone south.

EndZoneQB
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't blame the last 2 losses on Favre. What happened to pass protection and running the ball? We knew he couldn't carry us.

Bison06
12-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't blame the last 2 losses on Favre. What happened to pass protection and running the ball? We knew he couldn't carry us.

I couldn't agree more. People have been just waiting for any reason to jump down Favre's throat all year about a meltdown. Frankly, it just isn't happening, he is still playing at a very high level. The interceptions he has thrown in December have come at times in the game where a play needed to be made and he was forced to press and try to make something happen. The reason he was forced to press is because our O-line can't run block to save thier lives right now and we can't run the ball with a top 2/3 running back in the game. Our defense looks porous and uninterested and everyone blames it on another Favre meltdown. I am the furthest from a Favre apologist as a football fan can be, but you need to call a spade a spade. The lackluster Vikings performances have not come as a result of a Favre meltdown.

bisonmike2
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I couldn't agree more. People have been just waiting for any reason to jump down Favre's throat all year about a meltdown. Frankly, it just isn't happening, he is still playing at a very high level. The interceptions he has thrown in December have come at times in the game where a play needed to be made and he was forced to press and try to make something happen. The reason he was forced to press is because our O-line can't run block to save thier lives right now and we can't run the ball with a top 2/3 running back in the game. Our defense looks porous and uninterested and everyone blames it on another Favre meltdown. I am the furthest from a Favre apologist as a football fan can be, but you need to call a spade a spade. The lackluster Vikings performances have not come as a result of a Favre meltdown.

It's okay. When he played for the Packers, I made excuses like this too. Rodgers has had the worst line protection of any QB in the league and he's only thrown 7 picks all year. Favre gets pressured in 2 games and he's already showing his dark side. Bad o-line or not, he could throw the ball away once in awhile. But because he's a gunslinger, because he's having so much fun out there, when he chucks it into double coverage off of his back foot, you're making excuses for him, just like us Packers used to do.

Kevin
12-21-2009, 09:45 PM
News reports today are saying that Childress tried to bench Favre for Jackson in the third quarter but Favre "overruled" him. (source is yahoo sports, btw. I don't have time to go dig up the link)

Now obviously I'm biased in all of this being a Packer fan who now has to order a purple #4 but I mean come on. Taking out a guy who has won you games and had a stellar year for Tavaris Jackson? It looks like they might have been a little hasty on that contract extension.

As for Brent.... that's the Favre I remember. For your sakes he better get his head on right or your'e doomed for another year like the Jets had, and we had before them however many times. The guy gives you 10-12 good games a year and it's a crap shoot after that.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2009, 10:25 PM
It's okay. When he played for the Packers, I made excuses like this too. Rodgers has had the worst line protection of any QB in the league and he's only thrown 7 picks all year. Favre gets pressured in 2 games and he's already showing his dark side. Bad o-line or not, he could throw the ball away once in awhile. But because he's a gunslinger, because he's having so much fun out there, when he chucks it into double coverage off of his back foot, you're making excuses for him, just like us Packers used to do.

We were all aware of this before the signing...and wary of it prior to the signing. It's just that we haven't had a legit. QB for a long time. Looks like the Packers and the Vikings are of a similar caliber right now. They've both pissed away a game to Pittsburgh...:D

BisonNolesFan77
12-22-2009, 03:16 AM
As a Vikings fan, I don't even know where to begin about last nights game...the things I do know, Chilly still won't win a big game, McKinnie is nothing more than an average to below average OT and the OL misses Birk, Winfield played maybe his worst game he has in a Vikes uniform, and one of my biggest rants, the offensive play calling on this team is still as boring as it has ever been.

CaBisonFan
12-22-2009, 05:58 AM
As a Vikings fan, I don't even know where to begin about last nights game...the things I do know, Chilly still won't win a big game, McKinnie is nothing more than an average to below average OT and the OL misses Birk, Winfield played maybe his worst game he has in a Vikes uniform, and one of my biggest rants, the offensive play calling on this team is still as boring as it has ever been.

Seems like teams have figured out the running scheme pretty well. Lots of pressure on the QB. No...tons of pressure. Dink passes and screens are even tough to pull off. Offensive line play looks terrible.

bisonmike2
12-22-2009, 03:21 PM

I think that's been largely ignored by the media. Sullivan's doing a decent job but Birk was the leader of that o-line. They really haven't looked the same this year.

heckler
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
My hatred for Childress is getting in the way of my Vikings love.

westnodak93bison
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
"Mt. McKinney" is way over rated