PDA

View Full Version : Who? What team? Why?

TateMosersneighbor
12-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Ok..watching the montage, reading some nice posts about the all decade team has brought back some nice memories.

Here's a different twist...I'd like to know who you'd like to see on what years' team and why?

i.e.

Arden Beachy on the 07 team, Joe Toth on this years team, Jeff Bentrim on the 07 team? Don't forget coaches...

CaBisonFan
12-19-2009, 03:24 AM
The entire 1986 team on the 2009 team. 1990's roster would be OK too.

Ron Erhardt for 35 years as the Bison coach would have been peachy.

tjbison
12-19-2009, 03:40 AM
The entire 1986 team on the 2009 team. 1990's roster would be OK too.

Ron Erhardt for 35 years as the Bison coach would have been peachy.

I'm just not buying the fact that our old Coaches would perform any different than our current coaches this day in age, soooooo many things have changed on the landscape of college football, from players, conferences, divisions, etc... that its impossible to compare. Although I'm a huge Bison fan proud of the tradition and preach my pride whenever I can I HAVE let the past go in terms of comparing those players etc. to the current, as I realize its a different world.

Just my opinion, no hate on you CA I respect your thoughts;)

CaBisonFan
12-19-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm just not buying the fact that our old Coaches would perform any different than our current coaches this day in age, soooooo many things have changed on the landscape of college football, from players, conferences, divisions, etc... that its impossible to compare. Although I'm a huge Bison fan proud of the tradition and preach my pride whenever I can I HAVE let the past go in terms of comparing those players etc. to the current, as I realize its a different world.

Just my opinion, no hate on you CA I respect your thoughts;)

None taken. I just have a great admiration for the genius of Ron Erhardt. He was a winner...and would still be. No offense to any other coach we've had.

He was a 'decent' OC in the NFL.

Bisonfan1
12-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Interesting, Villinovas head coach there 25 years, the offense coordinator there 15 years = Got their first NC championship - we are now at how many years without a NC ?? Wonder what the retention of the other coaches are ?

bkit29
12-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I would say arden beachy on next years team because he actually has a year of eligibility left.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2009, 03:51 PM
How about TR McDonald & Stacy Robinson on the 2006 & 2007 teams.

stevdock
12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
How about any healthy QB out of our top 5 on the 2000 (I think) playoff team? I thought even though Ryan Johnson had a good year that was the main position we were lacking that year.

CaBisonFan
12-19-2009, 06:56 PM
How about TR McDonald & Stacy Robinson on the 2006 & 2007 teams.

Awesome....:nod:

CaBisonFan
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
How about any healthy QB out of our top 5 on the 2000 (I think) playoff team? I thought even though Ryan Johnson had a good year that was the main position we were lacking that year.

Agreed...even an average QB that year...NC. Those injuries were like someone had put a hex on them. Personally...I think it was Nick Mertens' fault. That was a national championship team.

56BISON73
12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Interesting, Villinovas head coach there 25 years, the offense coordinator there 15 years = Got their first NC championship - we are now at how many years without a NC ?? Wonder what the retention of the other coaches are ?

From 98 to the present Villinova had only been in the playoffs one time before and that was in 02.
The record from 98 to 08 is

98 4-5
99 7-4
00 5-6
01 8-3
02 9-3 PO
03 7-4
04 5-6
05 4-7
06 6-5
07 7-4
08 7-4

The record shows that the institution has stuck by this coach in the present world of what have you done for me lately since their last play off appearence. If an institution wants loyalty out of its coaches it has to show the same even in the lean years..
Some coaches(many older) love it where they are at and dont want to move up in the rat race coaching ladder that many of the younger coaches are involved in. .

SDbison
12-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Sad statement on the current status of the Bison football program. Too many posters at Bisonville with multiple threads about living in the past. If I was a visitor here I would laugh at how desperate Bison fans have become. Have to talk about the great players from 5, 10 or 20+ years ago and what seems like ancient history national championships.

unbison
12-19-2009, 08:26 PM
it is getting to be near 20 years since last national championship

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Posters that live in the past, and those that are critical of the present.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Sad statement on the current status of the Bison football program. Too many posters at Bisonville with multiple threads about living in the past. If I was a visitor here I would laugh at how desperate Bison fans have become. Have to talk about the great players from 5, 10 or 20+ years ago and what seems like ancient history national championships.

Well, what do you want to talk about? It is a long time until the 2010 kickoff. Shall we discuss for the 50th time how shitty our defense was this year and how crappy Mertens is as a passer? Or maybe we can rehash all the excuses that kept Mertens from being successful. Or maybe how Bohl fell asleep at the wheel with recruiting. We need something postive to discuss. The current players and the newcomers need to understand the tradition, and the expectations of this program then do what it takes to make their own success.

BisonNeil
12-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Or maybe how Bohl fell asleep at the wheel with recruiting.

If that's what you want to talk about, I'm your man!

JUST kidding folks. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Just a little humor, that's all.