PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Radio Rights...........

lakesbison
12-12-2009, 03:55 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/144098/

WHY ISNT THIS IN THE FARGO FORUM>?>?>>>> weird.

just for the record. NO WAY NDSU should be on 740, what a slap in the face, they are so anti-ndsu over there its not even funny. THEY bid to put NDSU on 740 and keep und on 790? hopefully gene/jeremy arent that stupid.

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I will agree with you Lakes. Hopefully it stays with Forum Communications.

1100 the flag just doesn't seem like a good fit and Radio Fargo Moorehead (KFGO,KFAN) well they may have the signal and listenership but if people want to listen to the Bison they will turn to 970. Plus the way KFGO's station manager treated NDSU in the last few months and over time they would be blacklisted from me. If it was me I would use KFGO for leverage against The forum then toss them aside like a used kleenex.

Forum communications would offer 3 types of media, Radio, Print and TV, could be a good time to leverage in better Print coverage for the Bison (not that it is terrible now but could always be better).

Just my .02

NDSUstudent
12-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Please don't go to 1100....No offense to Hennen but I don't think his radio station is a good fit for NDSU athletics. Radio Fargo has the highest ratings and Forum Communications probably offers the most bang for our buck since it has print-radio-TV all under one roof. I still wish WDAY had our TV rights....

onbison09
12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
When people think of the Bison they think of WDAY.

BigBison
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I say keep it at WDAY. They've been the flagship for years, the owner of Forum Comm gave NDSU a million bucks. 1100am is good for potical news but its not really a sports channel and the biggest reason is there night coverage sucks. No way KFGO and the fan. Nuttin but a bunch of commie sioux fans over there.

tjbison
12-12-2009, 09:08 PM
only advantage for a move to KFGO is the live Internet streaming something WDAY hasn't figured out yet

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2009, 12:47 AM
to honest i had never even heard of the Flag, but when it Scott Hennen that instantly screams hell no. I would love it to be on a station that you can stream the station. I'm not close enought to the Twin Cities station, and I'm not gonna play for another GoBison pass considering how well that went last year.

Bisonguy
12-13-2009, 02:20 AM
to honest i had never even heard of the Flag, but when it Scott Hennen that instantly screams hell no. I would love it to be on a station that you can stream the station. I'm not close enought to the Twin Cities station, and I'm not gonna play for another GoBison pass considering how well that went last year.

There were at least two or three stations on the Bison Radio Network that streamed the audio during games this year.

WDAY might not stream it from request of GoBison.

NDSUstudent
12-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Why does it matter if WDAY streams? All their content is streamed live on Gobison. Audio content is free.

tjbison
12-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Why does it matter if WDAY streams? All their content is streamed live on Gobison. Audio content is free.

because I like to listen to Bison React etc..... and the pre-game football but WDAY doesn't stream Live on the web on weekends or after 5pm and thats the dumbest thing ever, thats why;) and gobison has the games ONLY

NDSUstudent
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
because I like to listen to Bison React etc..... and the pre-game football but WDAY doesn't stream Live on the web on weekends or after 5pm and thats the dumbest thing ever, thats why;) and gobison has the games ONLY

They stream Bison feedback for both football and basketball on Gobison. I do think WDAY could do more, I mean they stream all their shows M-F from 7 to 5 pm.

tjbison
12-13-2009, 05:12 PM
They stream Bison feedback for both football and basketball on Gobison. I do think WDAY could do more, I mean they stream all their shows M-F from 7 to 5 pm.

I have never heard it on there, hmmm WTF am I doing wrong either way I don't like their webcast schedule

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2009, 06:55 PM
WDAY does a good job. Keep it with them. Besides.....Hennen is a dick.....

sambini
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Paul Bougie is a fellow Teammaker and also active in the fundrive. They would do a great job. Like to see that motorhome for taigating etc...from Great Plains Integrated Marketing.

onbison09
12-13-2009, 08:10 PM

gobison has the pregame I believe.

BigBison
12-13-2009, 09:56 PM
.....Hennen is awesome.....

Fix it for you :nod: :bow: