PDA

View Full Version : Willie Mack Garza!

lakesbison
12-10-2009, 05:16 AM
I predict Willie Mack Garza will get a call from bohl/gene and be back by jan. 1!

why you ask? TENNESSEE is going under its 4th NCAA investigation this year, and kiffin is under the gun there.

WILLIE came back, make $150k and raise a trophy man!!

westnodak93bison
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd love to see him back. Best coach on the staff in 2006, 2007 according to an unnamed current positions coach.

bisonmike2
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
This would be great. Can't deny that they defense under Garza was very stout.

ILBISON
12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
lakes, you're either on something or onto something.
why dont you text him and find out big shot?

A1pigskin
12-10-2009, 05:38 PM
He proved himself. Come on back.

tjbison
12-10-2009, 05:42 PM
About as good of chance he comes back as Rocky

bisonmike2
12-10-2009, 05:59 PM
BAbich might be looking for a job soon?:hide:

DjKyRo
12-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Old-school Bison coaching staff reunion?

Facts
12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Old-school Bison coaching staff reunion?

We could call them the "talking heads".

funteddy
12-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I dont know if it was Lakes or who made the point on this site, but someday, just like Notre Dame, NDSU has to forget the past but, still remember it. To realize it is time to move on. Knute Rockne is dead, Rocky, gone, Morton, gone, Simdorn, Satter, Phil, Gordon, Rohl, Mays, Walker, all gone. We need a fan base to remember the past, but to realize that we cant win NOW, talking about the past. Appreciate the past, dont use it as a crutch to say things like bring back Rocky, "Bring back Willie Mac". That just makes us as good as Northeastern, and where are they? Where is Notre Dame? Where, are our Bison? They won championships too! Move on, move fast, be progressive. This isnt D2 anymore. The NCAA has changed. The kool-aid is still green, and it may not taste as good as it once did @ 10-1 or in the 90's! The recipe can change and it can taste a whole lot better!! Dont forget past championships, lets discuss new ones!! I am far from far from being anti-bison, but Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in a game.

devin45k
12-10-2009, 08:56 PM

It would never happen but I wouldn't mind it. I dont have the same hatred towards him as other people do on this board.

If Bohl left, I would be fine with having Garza as a Head Coach

lakesbison
12-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Funteddy, amen bro. thats why you give me a shot everytime you see me out.,,,oooo...wait.,haha

you're right the NEW 20-40 bison fan wants the uminn's, kansas,.ia state,,wyoming' games and more of.them!!!!

we need to fade the past and MAKE a future!!!

TheBisonator
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I dont know if it was Lakes or who made the point on this site, but someday, just like Notre Dame, NDSU has to forget the past but, still remember it. To realize it is time to move on. Knute Rockne is dead, Rocky, gone, Morton, gone, Simdorn, Satter, Phil, Gordon, Rohl, Mays, Walker, all gone. We need a fan base to remember the past, but to realize that we cant win NOW, talking about the past. Appreciate the past, dont use it as a crutch to say things like bring back Rocky, "Bring back Willie Mac". That just makes us as good as Northeastern, and where are they? Where is Notre Dame? Where, are our Bison? They won championships too! Move on, move fast, be progressive. This isnt D2 anymore. The NCAA has changed. The kool-aid is still green, and it may not taste as good as it once did @ 10-1 or in the 90's! The recipe can change and it can taste a whole lot better!! Dont forget past championships, lets discuss new ones!! I am far from far from being anti-bison, but Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in a game.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/wabbit_1444/Al_Bundy.jpg

ndsubison1
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Garza's not coming back

Gordie
12-11-2009, 03:40 AM
How does lakes get this inside information?

ndsubison1
12-11-2009, 03:42 AM

the voices in his head

unbison
12-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Preach on FunTeddy!

Bison_Pride
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Garza will be in the second of a two year contract at Tennessee that pays him a minimum of $110,000. Why wouldn't he stick around to see if he can increase that after next year.

Dutcher
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Some people like to imagine things are bigger than they are.

lakesbison
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
my buddy went to bloomington with lane kiffin and.when tennessee drops him based on.the 4th ncaa investigation this season, it'll beFREE WILLY

56BISON73
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM

Its only information if its true. Past history dictates its BS.

tjbison
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM

How did you get another account??

Bison_Pride
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Lane Kiffen's buyout amount would be 7.5 million according to his contract. I'm guessing they won't fire him yet.

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/2009/101909_kiffin_contract.pdf

OldBison
12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
This would be great. Can't deny that they defense under Garza was very stout.

Okay, but if you listened carefully Bohl threw Garza and Perles under the bus with recruiting. He gave them "too much leeway" in who they signed. If that is true, and not just lip service from a HC trying to save his job, then Garza did a horseshit job recruiting defensive players. The current team sucked as far as Jr and Sr talent, the kind of players that are experienced and win games:banghead:

Sorry, no way I want Garza back. You can't go home again :blush:

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Lane Kiffen's buyout amount would be 7.5 million according to his contract. I'm guessing they won't fire him yet.

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/2009/101909_kiffin_contract.pdf

The fat cat lawyers that put these contracts together load them up with stipulations (ala page 2 and 3, et. al.) that protect the school in the event of misconduct by the coach. So, yes, they can absolutely fire him without it costing them a 7.5 million dollar buyout if he has breached this agreement.

Notorious
12-12-2009, 01:32 PM
The fat cat lawyers that put these contracts together load them up with stipulations (ala page 2 and 3, et. al.) that protect the school in the event of misconduct by the coach. So, yes, they can absolutely fire him without it costing them a 7.5 million dollar buyout if he has breached this agreement.

Agreed, but it's tough to do this...generally has to be a very serious offense to fly...both sides get to have lawyers...

WRSDBison
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
my buddy went to bloomington with lane kiffin and.when tennessee drops him based on.the 4th ncaa investigation this season, it'll beFREE WILLY

Is this "buddy" one of your other personalities?

lakesbison
01-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh Yea>

Lane Kiffin To Usc With Monte.

Cmon Back Willie Mack!!

BisManBison
01-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh Yea>

Lane Kiffin To Usc With Monte.

Cmon Back Willie Mack!!

Yah Willie Mack, come on back! I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to go coach at USC. :hide:

I'm a big Willie Mack fan, but lets face it, if he did come back, it would be a temporary stop for him until the next bigger and better offer came along. So I'd rather find someone that we can count on staying for 4 or 5 years at a minimum and development some continuity and stability with the defensive coaching staff. I know there are no guarantees with that even no matter who we hire. But I think Willie Mack accomplished everything he felt he could here and needed/wanted something bigger or better. Now if we were talking HC, that might be different story.

OldBison
01-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't count me as one who wants WMG back.

As I said before, he is a principle reason why the D sucked so bad this year. He had the final say on recruits signed on D and he was a lazy recruiter.

During the same period of time Perles and Vigen handled the O, which had talent. The D, not so much.

Great game day coach, and practice coach, but a lazy recruiter. We need new blood for DC, perferably Bison.

X-Factor
01-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Don't count me as one who wants WMG back.

As I said before, he is a principle reason why the D sucked so bad this year. He had the final say on recruits signed on D and he was a lazy recruiter.

During the same period of time Perles and Vigen handled the O, which had talent. The D, not so much.

Great game day coach, and practice coach, but a lazy recruiter. We need new blood for DC, perferably Bison.

Let Garza find another job.... lets go after the USF DC!

Grizzled
01-13-2010, 06:47 PM
It will be interesting to see how or if anything shakes out with Chuck Morrell. There was a chat with Matt Zimmer in the Argus Leader, he is who follows Augie and Sioux Falls down there and he said in the chat although he has heard the rumors about Coach Morrell to NDSU "his sources" have told him that he is just taking a break from coaching. Also said there is a rumor about Morrell to USD although that is not as likely. I know how secritive a lot of this stuff goes down so it would be of no suprise to me if we found out about it tomorrow but Matt would be someone who may be in the know and have a few more sources than lakes(maybe not as good of ones though) :D:D

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100112/SPORTS/100112010/1002/sports

TheDoctor
01-15-2010, 07:52 PM
The University of Tennessee cannot GIVE the head job away right now. They were recently turned down by Cutcliffe at DUKE UNIVERSITY! One of the lowest programs in the nation. Anyway, what makes this interesting to "football" is that one of the reasons they couldn't come to an understanding is the fact that he wanted to bring his entire Duke coaching staff with him and Tennessee informed him that they have assistant coaches with guarantees in their contracts. So, he said no thanks. Maybe Willie Mack is staying put? Only Lane could have pulled off guaranteed contracts for assistants he wouldn't take with him to his next job! :rofl: ;)

56BISON73
01-15-2010, 07:55 PM
The University of Tennessee cannot GIVE the head job away right now. They were recently turned down by Cutcliffe at DUKE UNIVERSITY! One of the lowest programs in the nation. Anyway, what makes this interesting to "football" is that one of the reasons they couldn't come to an understanding is the fact that he wanted to bring his entire Duke coaching staff with him and Tennessee informed him that they have assistant coaches with guarantees in their contracts. So, he said no thanks. Maybe Willie Mack is staying put? Only Lane could have pulled off guaranteed contracts for assistants he wouldn't take with him to his next job! :rofl: ;)

Now thats some crazy ----. :nod:

westnodak93bison
01-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Is Willie Mack headed to USC with the Kiffin crew? I'd love to see him back with the Bison but I think he has bigger aspirations.

tjbison
01-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Is Willie Mack headed to USC with the Kiffin crew? I'd love to see him back with the Bison but I think he has bigger aspirations.

NO, Kiffin has alot higher connections and I believe he has named a DC already

Bison_Pride
01-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he is staying on at UT. I've been reading that Garza is under contract to Tennessee at least one more year and has been very busy as he is the head recruiter for them in Texas. New coach Dooley was even quoted as saying he hopes some of the holdover coaches will choose to stick around. Do a google news search on Garza's name and you will get a lot of top level talent saying they are going to Tennesee right up until today because of he was recruiting them. Whether he was a lazy recruiter or not, I'm sure that routine 100K sellouts and national exposure make his job a lot easier now.

OldBison
01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure he is staying on at UT. I've been reading that Garza is under contract to Tennessee at least one more year and has been very busy as he is the head recruiter for them in Texas.

Now there's a scary thought. No wonder Kiffin bolted for USC :bow:

NDSUFan_Sav
01-16-2010, 11:09 PM

what inside information, he posted that he wanted to come back didn't say he was.

bisoningrandforks
01-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Garza is in limbo until the DC position is filled according to football scoop....

sambini
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Good luck Willie Mack. Did Kiffin fill his defensive backs job at USC?

bisoningrandforks
01-21-2010, 11:02 PM
according to the football scoop today....Willie Mack will join USC's coaching staff..

westnodak93bison
01-22-2010, 03:34 AM
Congrats to Willie Mack. Two Bison coaches now in LA. Willie Mack and Reggie Moore.

sambini
01-22-2010, 03:47 AM
Good luck to Willie Mack++

bisoningrandforks
01-22-2010, 03:58 AM
According to the Tenn program Willie Mack is NOT going to USC....From Now on Im not going to post anything from the scoop until its official !! Have noticed reading the scoop (just in the last 3 hrs) they flip flop quite a bit .....Sorry Guys!!

56BISON73
01-22-2010, 09:14 PM
USC: We hear that USC has won the recruiting battle over defensive backs coach Willie Mack Garza. Tennessee tried their best to keep him, but Garza has accpeted a position at the University of Southern California.

Bison_Pride
01-22-2010, 11:04 PM
UT forum:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/94163-willie-mack-garza-retained-not-so-9.html

Grizzled
01-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow between New Mexico and now Tennessee Willie Mack is kind of burning some bridges. Just to pack up and leave like that is kind of bush, but so was accepting a job and than not showing up and taking another one. That alone should have been a warning sign to Tennessee. Well either way its not our problem. Good luck to Willie in the future.

westnodak93bison
01-23-2010, 12:40 AM
I get a kick out of fans that bash coaches for leaving for a better position.
They would do the same in their own career therefore they are hypocrites.
How could they not see him following the guy who hired him especially when he will continue to work under a legend like Monte Kiffin?

CaBisonFan
01-23-2010, 12:41 AM

The recipe changed for the 2006 & 2007 seasons. Many called those the best Bison teams. I think they would rank up there. I saw them as the equivalent of a championship team. Anything wrong with wanting a 2006 or 2007 type of team back? There's been a ton of writing done about what appears to be an outstanding recruiting class.

There's nothing wrong with this thread. The word 'kool-aid' has gotten very old too. There's always a choice here...as in don't read a thread that you're not interested in. It works...:cool:

CaBisonFan
01-23-2010, 12:43 AM
according to the football scoop today....Willie Mack will join USC's coaching staff..

Might have to go to a Trojan game. :nod:

Grizzled
01-23-2010, 01:47 AM
How could they not see him following the guy who hired him especially when he will continue to work under a legend like Monte Kiffin?

I just think the way the whole situation went down with the whole staff in general left some hard feelings in Tennessee. I can't blame them beings they finally had a staff that had started to turn things around and they up and leave in the middle of recruiting. Its all emotion which you can't blame fans for having for their school.

ndsubison1
01-23-2010, 03:42 AM

This. Who wouldnt prefer USC over Tennessee

NDSUFan_Sav
01-23-2010, 06:27 AM
This. Who wouldnt prefer USC over Tennessee

Tenn SEC > USC Pac-10 :D

CaBisonFan
01-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I just think the way the whole situation went down with the whole staff in general left some hard feelings in Tennessee. I can't blame them beings they finally had a staff that had started to turn things around and they up and leave in the middle of recruiting. Its all emotion which you can't blame fans for having for their school.

Having done something similar in my career, I can understand how the lure of the truly big-time can pull you away from what might have been a good thing. There are only a few truly 'plum' jobs in college football...and they're very hard to resist. USC is one of them right now...obviously.

But...there is danger in making a jump like this. Some things are meant to be, and others aren't. Taking Pete Carroll's job and filling his shoes may not be as appealing in a year or two. It's a 'must win instantly' job...where Tennessee might have given Kiffin four or five years to contend for a national title...or even a BCS appearance or two. USC won't accept 'just' a BCS bowl as success. If he doesn't win the PAC-10 in a couple of years, he'll be in trouble.

As far as Garza is concerned, he really doesn't have anything to lose by moving with Kiffin. He'll have big expectations from the Trojan fans, but won't be in the spotlight like the HC. He's on his way up. He'll probably have a big HC job within a few years...or an NFL coordinator job.

I don't blame Kiffin for making the move, but I'm going to predict that he'll regret it. Trojan country will not be patient. They'll blame him for losing 'last year.'

I agree with you. Kiffin burned a rather large bridge. If he fails at USC, finding another big program that will take him will be very difficult. He may have pushed fate. That's usually not a good move. We'll know within a year or two...at the most.

Grizzled
01-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I agree with you. Kiffin burned a rather large bridge. If he fails at USC, finding another big program that will take him will be very difficult. He may have pushed fate. That's usually not a good move. We'll know within a year or two...at the most.

Well put CA. Every school in the country saw this so I'm thinking he better like USC and win at USC because it might be his last chance in major college coaching. But to be fair to him it was his dream job and turning them down now may have been his only chance at it.

Herd
01-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Kiffin better grow up a little next year at USC. He left a wake of stupid statement and actions last year in TN. If you don't have integrity and some level of humility at this level of college football, you go down in flames. I think there is a greater chance of "Flames" than "Success" based on what he demonstrated last year. USC is going to regret this one IMO.

westnodak93bison
01-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree. Little Kiffin is a punk. Lane and Punky Brewster are of the same mold imho. All talk and not much to back it up. Too bad he doesn't have his dad's humility. Never heard Monte spout off much if ever.

CaBisonFan
01-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Kiffin better grow up a little next year at USC. He left a wake of stupid statement and actions last year in TN. If you don't have integrity and some level of humility at this level of college football, you go down in flames. I think there is a greater chance of "Flames" than "Success" based on what he demonstrated last year. USC is going to regret this one IMO.

Agreed...and everything that he says in LA will be amplified by 100. Vulture media. The spotlight never goes off at USC.

CaBisonFan
01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
But to be fair to him it was his dream job and turning them down now may have been his only chance at it.

You're right...the door was open and this might have been his only chance. I sincerely hope that his dream doesn't turn into a nightmare. 95 percent chance that it does...IMO. Carroll was a god down here. Special personality. Handled the media well. Very few blowups or bad statements. Kiffin had better learn to shut his trap, and stay very 'upbeat.' If he gets defensive, the sharks will attack and he'll be national news immediately.

ndsubison1
01-24-2010, 05:15 AM
kiffin is no brewster. they both can recruit, but one can coach

NDSUFan_Sav
01-24-2010, 05:36 AM

Didn't know you thought Brewster could coach :D

Flintstone
01-24-2010, 02:03 PM

That remains to be seen. Kiffin hasn't been anywhere long enough to prove that he can coach. He also hasn't shown that he can recruit without violating NCAA rules either.

I'm not a USC fan but I hope he can do it within the rules and they don't end up on probation. I think college football is more interesting when USC is in the title hunt.

mercury743
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
It's official...Willie Mack to USC.
http://usc.scout.com/2/940205.html

aces1180
01-24-2010, 04:06 PM
From NDSU to USC in about a year...Not a bad move up in the coaching ranks.

BisonNeil
01-24-2010, 04:07 PM

As head coaches both Kiffin and Brewster have losing records. You obviously disagree with absolutely every pundit I saw, on ESPN or on websites, that have lambasted USC for taking Kiffin and his losing record.

SDbison
01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
It's official...Willie Mack to USC.
http://usc.scout.com/2/940205.html
No respect for NDSU and what Willie Mack accomplished at NDSU in that article. I mean without the success of the defense and the resulting 10-1 seasons Willie Mack would never have sniffed Tennessee or even New Mexico State where he first was headed.

The Lost Dutchman
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
No respect for NDSU and what Willie Mack accomplished at NDSU in that article. I mean without the success of the defense and the resulting 10-1 seasons Willie Mack would never have sniffed Tennessee or even New Mexico State where he first was headed.

I'm not sure if Willie Mack ends up at NDSU if it wasn't for the DUI arrest that ultimately cost him his job at TCU. He was a up and coming coach before his success at NDSU.

Jdubs21
01-25-2010, 12:26 AM
As head coaches both Kiffin and Brewster have losing records. You obviously disagree with absolutely every pundit I saw, on ESPN or on websites, that have lambasted USC for taking Kiffin and his losing record.

strongly disagree...took tenn from a 1 or 2 win team last year to a bowl game and beat some nationally ranked teams this year....quite the turn around in like 3 or 4 months that he had to recruit and coach b4 the season started

Flintstone
01-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Actually they were 5-7 in 2008. They won 10 games in 2007. They weren't a bad team when he got there. He hasn't proven anything other than he likes to break NCAA recruiting rules and run his mouth a lot.

funteddy
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
How many of those players from back to back 10-1 seasons were a result of Caruso's and not Willie Mack's recruiting skills? Last I checked St Thomas was doing pretty good.

tony
01-26-2010, 04:31 PM
How many of those players from back to back 10-1 seasons were a result of Caruso's and not Willie Mack's recruiting skills? Last I checked St Thomas was doing pretty good.

Give me a break.

SDbison
01-26-2010, 06:56 PM
You might have a point here. I believe Caruso is the one that got the Illinois recruits......Joe Mays and Steve Walker. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Not saying Caruso was a better coach, but apparently he did pretty well recruiting, or maybe just lucky. Who knows?

tony
01-26-2010, 06:59 PM
You might have a point here. I believe Caruso is the one that got the Illinois recruits......Joe Mays and Steve Walker. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Not saying Caruso was a better coach, but apparently he did pretty well recruiting, or maybe just lucky. Who knows?

The reason I said "give me a break" is that I think funteddy=troll. Plus, did Caruso coach defense and did Walker play on defense?

I can understand nostalgia but being nostalgic for Babich-era recruiting is not understandable at any level.

SDbison
01-26-2010, 07:11 PM
The reason I said "give me a break" is that I think funteddy=troll. Plus, did Caruso coach defense and did Walker play on defense?

I can understand nostalgia but being nostalgic for Babich-era recruiting is not understandable at any level.
I believe I went over this before with someone at Bisonville. Apparently Caruso recruited an area like Wisconsin / Illinois regardless of position.

TheDoctor
01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Regardless of who recruited them, those boys flat out PLAYED for Willie Mack. Joe Mays, John Richardson, Nate, Richard, they all loved and respected that man. He knew his stuff and he pushed them to be the best. ;)

El_Chapo
01-28-2022, 09:18 PM
WILLIE MACK IS BACK....

DCoord at Montana State... Vigen!!!!

El_Chapo
11-29-2022, 11:29 PM
BREAKING: Montana State defensive coordinator Willie Mack Garza was cited for DUI and speeding in downtown Bozeman hours after the Bobcats beat rival Montana on Nov. 19. Garza was suspended on Monday for this weekend's FCS playoff game

he's still my boy!

southcliffbison
11-29-2022, 11:36 PM
BREAKING: Montana State defensive coordinator Willie Mack Garza was cited for DUI and speeding in downtown Bozeman hours after the Bobcats beat rival Montana on Nov. 19. Garza was suspended on Monday for this weekend's FCS playoff game

he's still my boy!

Even after his 3rd conviction of DUI? If he's your boy, suggest that he get counseling.

CAS4127
11-29-2022, 11:39 PM

he's still my boy!

You’re several hours late on this “breaking news” and lap-dogging a person who has put his own interests/life/wants ahead of others.

I get why he’s “still [your] boy”. Birds of the feather ….. and so on.

TAILG8R
11-29-2022, 11:44 PM
It’s so cool he has a drinking problem and could have killed himself or others!!!!!

It’s good for sports!!

Oh wait that’s drunkie the Indian from Dakota state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
11-29-2022, 11:58 PM
Garza only got a one game suspension from coaching after this latest episode. I wonder what the MSU prez Waded Cruzado and the AD Leon Costello think about this? Chapo, your boy Garza will be fortunate if he still has a job in a month.

cats2506
11-30-2022, 03:29 PM
Vigen went out on a limb when he hired him. Now its come back to bite him. Pretty sure his contract wont be renewed for next year, but Vigen will try to get him help. WMG is a good guy, just has a problem.

NDSU92
11-30-2022, 03:32 PM
Vigen went out on a limb when he hired him. Now its come back to bite him. Pretty sure his contract wont be renewed for next year, but Vigen will try to get him help. WMG is a good guy, just has a problem.

Might be reading into things, but geez he's had a new job almost every year for the past 10 years or so.

Is that typical for assistants at this level? NDSU hangs on to assistants for a long time so I really don't know.

G_Funky
11-30-2022, 04:24 PM
Might be reading into things, but geez he's had a new job almost every year for the past 10 years or so.

Is that typical for assistants at this level? NDSU hangs on to assistants for a long time so I really don't know.

He'd be a high level (P5) coordinator if he didnt have a drinking problem. Was at TCU before coming to NDSU. You can pry go out on a limb and guess what got him out at Fort Worth.

southcliffbison
12-05-2022, 03:07 PM
He'd be a high level (P5) coordinator if he didnt have a drinking problem. Was at TCU before coming to NDSU. You can pry go out on a limb and guess what got him out at Fort Worth.

Chapo's boy, Willie Mack Garza, back to coaching this week; Bobcats will need his input against IW ; hope he can stay sober.

El_Chapo
12-05-2022, 03:33 PM
Chapo's boy, Willie Mack Garza, back to coaching this week; Bobcats will need his input against IW ; hope he can stay sober.

MSU not exactly the gestapo WMG got to coach all week, be with the players then at whistle he walked into the stands and 3 hours later he's in the locker room.

he can do it. Bohl made him stay sober in 2008, but after losing to SDSU in the last game we ripped up the HUB.

southcliffbison
12-05-2022, 05:29 PM
MSU not exactly the gestapo WMG got to coach all week, be with the players then at whistle he walked into the stands and 3 hours later he's in the locker room.

he can do it. Bohl made him stay sober in 2008, but after losing to SDSU in the last game we ripped up the HUB.

Wow !! If this is true, I see some enabling going on here. Silly me to think a suspension would included all team activities including practice. One more conviction and he'll be named assistant head coach.