PDA

View Full Version : ESPN to Broadcast Montana and Appalachian State

UncleBuck
12-09-2009, 01:44 PM
So all you Grizz fans can cheer them on. You know you want to.

Gully
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Where will this game be played?

stevdock
12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
The game is played at Montana.

Gully
12-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I'll almost have to chear for Montana. It will be fun to watch appy play in the snow and cold.

BlueBisonRock
12-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh hell yeah, I am pulling for Montana here. I can live with the Montana ego much easier than the East Coast, nothing west of the little mountains is football attitude. :ranting:

Leave it all on the field Griz! :hide:

4mcruenomore
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm going for the Griz too

Tatanka
12-09-2009, 07:56 PM
So all you Grizz fans can cheer them on. You know you want to.

Sorry, buddy. Happy Pony is on and I'm not about to miss Happy Pony.

Bison"FANatic"
12-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Ya I hope the Grizz get the the job done!!!!! Heck after the way they bent the bunnies over and had there way with them in the second half of that game, I think they will take the championship down this year.

tony
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll watch that game and will be rooting for the Griz!

Nothing against App State but I tend to root for the teams that are closer to home.

ndsubison1
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
hate montana but i do not want to see another east coast team win it

MontBison
12-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I will be at WaGrizz for this one, actually looking forward to it as they have finally achieved their first sellout of the playoffs (wtf?), but these Griz fans are real diehards. Anyway go Appy. St.:nod:

ILBISON
12-10-2009, 12:08 AM
A E ALL THE WAY.

montana got owned by a crappy sdsu team, Appy St will win.

heckler
12-10-2009, 12:24 AM
will cheer for appy on this one

MontanaBisonFan
12-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Cheering for the Griz would be like all of you Cheering for the Sue over Mayville State.

Go Mountaineers, Sue Suck and so do the Griz

Willie44
12-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Go Grizzlies!

Willie44
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
A E ALL THE WAY.

montana got owned by a crappy sdsu team, Appy St will win.

That's laughable. I seem to recall us scoring 40 unanswered in that game. And, I recall that "crappy team" winning against NDSU, and UNI.

Bison_Nation
12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Wish I could get ESPN in Canada so I could watch this one.

And while I've been a Montana fan at times, such as the Ah Yat era...I did live in North Carolina for 3 years and managed to catch an App game in Boone before I moved back.

So, NDSU fans....sit back, relax and just be Yosef!

Go Appalachian State! Beat Montana!

And better yet, I hope ASU plays at NDSU in a few years.

*singing a chorus of "Hi Yi Yikas" as I listen via www.goasu.com*

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
That's laughable. I seem to recall us scoring 40 unanswered in that game. And, I recall that "crappy team" winning against NDSU, and UNI.

You know...when you come to our board you can probably expect a little bit of attitude. This discussion 'had' nothing to do with the Rabbits...but I will write this again: I did the math. If SDSU had taken the snap, knelt down, and ran the play clock down during the entire 4th quarter, they would have won. Yes, you put up 40. Never seen a team lose a lead like that...ever. You have to 'work' at something that bad. I 'never' go to an opponent's board to look for comfort. We've been in a slump...but we know something about winning playoff games...and winning at Montana.

This is not a wabbit thread.

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 08:30 PM
This is a display of how football should be played...in the elements. App. State plays in pretty cold weather late in the year also.

The Montana stadium would be a perfect model for a smaller DI stadium. It doesn't appear that either of these teams has trouble recruiting guys to play in cold weather...and believe me, I've been to Washington Stadium for a few games. Froze my butt off every time...but still had a great time.

tony
12-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Rooting for Montana!

Griz fans look awesome out there today. Jumping up and down and cheering? At a football game? I can barely remember what that was like.

CarringtonBison
12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
what time and what channel-thanks

tjbison
12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
what time and what channel-thanks

On right now ESPN 7-0 Montana

tony
12-12-2009, 08:37 PM
You know...when you come to our board you can probably expect a little bit of attitude.

I sure as heck wish that would change and visiting fans was a little better here. It smacks of insecurity when a visitor dares to come here and people start jumping on him for anything that even sounds like smack. Why not treat them like the guests that they are? If a visitor really acts up, the mods will deal with it.

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 08:42 PM
If a visitor really acts up, the mods will deal with it.

:offtopic: ....Yep, insecurity about the Bison...that's me.

DjKyRo
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Appy St. finally breaks Montana's unanswered-points-streak with a 3 yd TD run. prior to that the Griz had dropped 98 straight, starting with the unanswered 40 vs. SDSU, continuing with 55-0 over SFA, ending with the 1st TD in this game.

tjbison
12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
WOW Classy Montana players taunting a hurt Appy guy on their sidelines!!!:smh: :smh:

EndZoneQB
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Winter storm warning ftw

North Side
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
that was amazing hit!!! probably will be on SC to night!

MontBison
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Half-time update from WaGrizz, this place is rockin, I have never herd a hit so loud in my life when that wr got hammered. Should be a fun second half under the lights, FTG!!!!!

BisonBabe
12-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Interesting game going on right now. Griz are looking good.

MHDBisonfan
12-12-2009, 10:30 PM
This is the kind of homefield advantage I miss from the days at Dacotah: snow flying, the visitors feeling the 15 degrees more than our guys, worried about how cold they are instead of winning the game. Look at Edwards out there - he's totally nuetralized by the weather. How bad would he be ripping us apart in the cozy confines of the fargodome? I miss Dacotah. Montana is going to run away with this one, just like we used to do at DF.

MHDBisonfan
12-12-2009, 10:37 PM
ok, well, maybe not "neutralized"....

yippie
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Your not a championship team if you cant get a stop on 4th and 2 from the the 4.

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 10:50 PM
This is the kind of homefield advantage I miss from the days at Dacotah: snow flying, the visitors feeling the 15 degrees more than our guys, worried about how cold they are instead of winning the game. Look at Edwards out there - he's totally nuetralized by the weather. How bad would he be ripping us apart in the cozy confines of the fargodome? I miss Dacotah. Montana is going to run away with this one, just like we used to do at DF.

He would be having a 'field' day. This game reminds me of Bison playoffs of the past. It's beautiful.

EndZoneQB
12-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Your not a championship team if you cant get a stop on 4th and 2 from the the 4.

Meh. It's snowy, elements overcome skill. Look at Reynolds when he broke that one...it clearly had a chance to be a homerun had he not stumbled and slipped. It's as easy as a D-linemen slipping and opening a hole...even if it's the best DT in the FCS.

4mcruenomore
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I feel like we are lacking the fan craziness more than anything. Yeah, I know we haven't been in a big game like this in a long time, but I don't see very many elderly people chatting over coffee in their stands.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
This game is a dandy.....what football is all about!!! Best of luck to the GRIZ.....

BisonNolesFan77
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I feel like we are lacking the fan craziness more than anything. Yeah, I know we haven't been in a big game like this in a long time, but I don't see very many elderly people chatting over coffee in their stands.

Couldn't agree more...it is def. something that is lacking...

EndZoneQB
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM
It's just a different crowd indoors, than it is outdoors in a winter storm.

sambini
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Schnapps has to be flowing.....

4mcruenomore
12-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Honestly, I can't really watch it, I'm too mad. It just reminds me of how we are worlds away and I thought we were building up a program to get THERE. We better be improved next year....

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2009, 11:19 PM
nice lookin stadium. looks like a great atmosphere

aces1180
12-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Just a reminder, that even though they are playing in the cold at UM,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2009, 11:21 PM
nice pitch and catch for a td. griz lead

Willie44
12-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Honestly, I can't really watch it, I'm too mad. It just reminds me of how we are worlds away and I thought we were building up a program to get THERE. We better be improved next year....

I have faith that you guys will get there with time. I really do.

56BISON73
12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Pretty entertaining game. Plus the crowds in to it. Love football in the snow.

westnodak93bison
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
our AD should send a copy of this game to all our season ticket holders and show them how fans are supposed to cheer.....notice how there are no people sitting on their ass

4mcruenomore
12-12-2009, 11:40 PM
our AD should send a copy of this game to all our season ticket holders and show them how fans are supposed to cheer.....notice how there are no people sitting on their ass

We were told to sit down so many times this year, I may move my tickets to another section, who knows.

56BISON73
12-12-2009, 11:43 PM

If the Bison were in this game under the curent situation and conditions do really think the fans would be sitting down???? Naw I dont think so either.:D

aces1180
Wow, great ending...The WR should have caught that ball.

Nice to see Appy get beat.

Bisonguy
Great game. :nod:

I was really impressed how the Griz D tried to create turnovers, something the Bison D has lacked since Burrow and Gus were DC's.

BisonBabe
Congrats to the Griz on a exciting game.

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 11:44 PM

It's the team, the tradition, and the stadium atmosphere.

4mcruenomore
12-12-2009, 11:45 PM
That's how you do it, play a weak non-conference schedule, play in a weak conference that you are guaranteed to win, make the playoffs HEALTHY and have a great crowd/stadium.

Gully
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Great atmosphere, great game. We need to get back outside.

semobison
12-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey, whatever works! They are playing for the National championship. Congrats to the Griz!

56BISON73
12-12-2009, 11:54 PM
The Griz have a hell of a team. Congrats to them and good luck in NC!!!!

westnodak93bison
12-12-2009, 11:57 PM
It's the team, the tradition, and the stadium atmosphere.

come on, you have to admit that far too many of our fans sit on their ass and give the occasional golf clap

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 11:57 PM
That's how you do it, play a weak non-conference schedule, play in a weak conference that you are guaranteed to win, make the playoffs HEALTHY and have a great crowd/stadium.

Absolutely...and you change voting rules to keep strong teams out...:cool:

And the offensive star played what...8-man football? I didn't think that small school football players could play at this level. He looked alright today.

CaBisonFan
12-12-2009, 11:58 PM
come on, you have to admit that far too many of our fans sit on their ass and give the occasional golf clap

Oh...I couldn't agree more. I've been with the VIP crowd at the 50. Clapping is hard work for a lot of them. No doubt.

CaBisonFan
12-13-2009, 12:00 AM

Right on Gully !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aces1180
12-13-2009, 12:10 AM

I wish we could...With no money for a decent BB arena, a new football stadium is 20+ years away.

CaBisonFan
12-13-2009, 12:12 AM
I wish we could...With no money for a decent BB arena, a new football stadium is 20+ years away.

Hang a nice curtain in the dome to make the room seem smaller...get some nice portable bleachers with seats...and play buckets. Build a football stadium.

Kevin
12-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Amazing game. I felt terrible for Edwards.

CaBisonFan
12-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Amazing game. I felt terrible for Edwards.

Yeah...that receiver won't forget the 'drop' the rest of his life. The pass was just a little bit out of stride so he had to reach back a little. Great game...tough, tough game to lose.

aces1180
12-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Hang a nice curtain in the dome to make the room seem smaller...get some nice portable bleachers with seats...and play buckets. Build a football stadium.

I have three points opposing that idea:

1) It won't happen because that would require 12-15 more dates for NDSU functions than already take place there each year. Considering the Summit League plays their games on Thursdays and Saturdays, those are prime dates for concerts and other events. NDSU doesn't own the dome, so that hurts them.

2) It's important for a team to practice on its game floor, IMO...They could not do that in the Fargodome.

3) Finally, fans hate the stale atmosphere of the Fargodome for football. I guarantee they are going to hate it even more for basketball. They need an 7-8K seat arena, where the fans are close to the action. The Dome couldn't provide that.

Step 1 - Renovate the BSA
Step 2 - Build adjacent arena to Fargodome which seats 7K-8K.
Step 3 - Build outdoor football stadium which holds 20K, expandable to 30K.

DjKyRo
12-13-2009, 02:45 AM
We were told to sit down so many times this year, I may move my tickets to another section, who knows.

Honestly, tell those people to F*CK OFF. If they don't want to cheer they can listen to the radio for all the effect them being there has.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm so sick of the old duffer type fans that sit on their ass. The dome is "stale" cause the old farts are stale. The MT fans had that place rockin.

ndsubison1
12-13-2009, 05:18 AM
montana's the loudest place in the fcs

HandoEX
12-13-2009, 05:25 AM
montana's the loudest place in the fcs

Have to respect their fans enthusiasm, even though I love to see their team lose. The Friday night game atmosphere was pathetic in comparison to the game in Missoula.

Bison bison
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM

?

The wind chill yesterday in Fargo was -20 at times.

I consider my a relative super fan, but unless JC himself is back for the comeback tour there is no way in hell I'm standing outside in that kind of weather for three hours.

IzzyFlexion
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Re: Minard Hall project

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUstudent
If they just could figure out how to link it to Morril, that would make the skywalk system much more effective.

sissy.
?

I consider my a relative super fan, but unless JC himself is back for the comeback tour there is no way in hell I'm standing outside in that kind of weather for three hours.

poser.:p

Bison bison
12-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Big difference between being outside for two minutes, walking into a warm building and saying, "Uff-da! It's cold!" and being outside for three hours and having your balls freeze to the side of your leg.

Jdubs21
12-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Big difference between being outside for two minutes, walking into a warm building and saying, "Uff-da! It's cold!" and being outside for three hours and having your balls freeze to the side of your leg.

sounds like us tailgaters this year...we stood out in the cold for 5 hours

Bisonfan1
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Great game, BisonGuy you are right, our defense used to look like the Griz, won many ball games for the Bison. What an atmosphere, the game was played like it was supposed to be played - OUTDOORS - Montana earned home field and appy had to play in their conditions, LOVED IT ! cold, wind chill, snow, and a rapid fan base going wild the whole game. Sorry NDB2 if you never got to experience that at Dacotah Field nor care to, theres nothing like the announcer proclaiming "ITS 10 BELOW IN FARGO - MOOREHEAD" and have everyone in the stands cheer wildily, heck there was more cheering just for the temperature at Dacotah Field than the Bison scoring a touchdown in the FargoDome. No matter what the Griz will always be in the hunt because of an outdoor stadium and the home field advantage it brings. Congrats Griz.

Herd
12-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Why isn't anyone talking about the real FCS championship? Prairie View 30 Alabama A&M 24 :hide:

To some, the county fair is bigger than the state fair. :smh:

IzzyFlexion
12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
?

That's why I go with the vibrating panties when I visit Fargo. I've found that testicles just cannot adhere to one's leg with all of that oscillation going on. But.....I do have to continuously think about baseball stats or else I got a whole nother problem.

Herd
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Great game, BisonGuy you are right, our defense used to look like the Griz, won many ball games for the Bison. What an atmosphere, the game was played like it was supposed to be played - OUTDOORS - Montana earned home field and appy had to play in their conditions, LOVED IT ! cold, wind chill, snow, and a rapid fan base going wild the whole game. Sorry NDB2 if you never got to experience that at Dacotah Field nor care to, theres nothing like the announcer proclaiming "ITS 10 BELOW IN FARGO - MOOREHEAD" and have everyone in the stands cheer wildily, heck there was more cheering just for the temperature at Dacotah Field than the Bison scoring a touchdown in the FargoDome. No matter what the Griz will always be in the hunt because of an outdoor stadium and the home field advantage it brings. Congrats Griz.

I love outdoor football, but I don't think anyone would be complaining about the Fargodome atmoshphere if we hosted a national semi-final game. The Fargodome atmosphere would be great, and you know it.

Bisonfan1
12-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I love outdoor football, but I don't think anyone would be complaining about the Fargodome atmoshphere if we hosted a national semi-final game. The Fargodome atmosphere would be great, and you know it.

The atmosphere would be great, however does that translate to a "true home field advantage" thats what im talking about, and thats where the Griz have us if we ever go to play there in late fall with nasty weather. (will the griz schedule our home-home in late fall, probably)

NorthernBison
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
There are relative levels of cold. I watched the entire game and they made a big deal of the cold and wind. Coach Hauck from Montana didn't wear anything on his head but the headset. If he stood in my driveway that long yesterday just like that, they would be amputating his ear today.

That was one of the best games I've watched in a long time. The crowd and the atmosphere was incredible and I hope we can get something even a little bit like it going in the next couple years. Nevertheless, it will not be outside. The FFD is our home for the forseable future and whining about an outdoor stadium is a waste of time.

As for the crowd, the FFD crowd can be quite good if you give them something to stand up and scream about.

SDbison
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
There are thousands of fans, likely close to 5000 of them, that now attend Bison games for the social event. They could care less about the outcome of the game as long as many fans attend and its something they can say they were at. Problem is NDSU continues to have top attendance for FCS, but poor results on the field. How long will this last?
Then there is the dome jinx.....no home playoff games since 1992 when the dome was built. Unless the Bison are a totally dominating team they will continue to lose games at home since an indoor field is an equalizer.
For all the tradition, excellent facilities, good coaches and recruiting (both now questionable) the Bison continue to struggle. Montana and Northern Iowa keep on winning and getting to the playoffs. NDSU keeps on choking!

SDbison
12-13-2009, 04:58 PM
There are relative levels of cold. I watched the entire game and they made a big deal of the cold and wind. Coach Hauck from Montana didn't wear anything on his head but the headset. If he stood in my driveway that long yesterday just like that, they would be amputating his ear today.

That was one of the best games I've watched in a long time. The crowd and the atmosphere was incredible and I hope we can get something even a little bit like it going in the next couple years. Nevertheless, it will not be outside. The FFD is our home for the forseable future and whining about an outdoor stadium is a waste of time.

As for the crowd, the FFD crowd can be quite good if you give them something to stand up and scream about.
The Bison fans instead get to stand up and yell about the stupid coaching decisions, the many 3rd down conversions the other team made, and the bonehead penalties made by NDSU players.
The crowd and the atmosphere at the dome will never be incredible......too many socialites sitting on their hands worrying about babysitting their kids and buying concessions. At those cold outdoor games you don't see very many kids under 5 years old. The fans that buy tickets to outdoor venue in this part of the US in December are true fans.

ISXBISON
12-13-2009, 05:07 PM
The Bison fans instead get to stand up and yell about the stupid coaching decisions, the many 3rd down conversions the other team made, and the bonehead penalties made by NDSU players.
The crowd and the atmosphere at the dome will never be incredible......too many socialites sitting on their hands worrying about babysitting their kids and buying concessions. At those cold outdoor games you don't see very many kids under 5 years old. The fans that buy tickets to outdoor venue in this part of the US in December are true fans.

Play outside again and we'll draw 5-7,000 if we're lucky. That's not going to do much for the team, the athletic dept. or the University in general. Need a$$es in the seats!!

SDbison
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Play outside again and we'll draw 5-7,000 if we're lucky. That's not going to do much for the team, the athletic dept. or the University in general. Need a$$es in the seats!!
Sorry, hate to disgree......maybe its only 12,000 to 13,000 but better to have fans that care about the outcome. Asses in the seats don't necesarily stand up cheer and make noise for the team. I am always amazed at the thousands at the dome that never stand up unless told to do so by the announcer or when they have to go to the bathroom or buy concessions. Not much of a winning attitude by many fans at the dome.......they are there to be entertained.

tjbison
12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Sorry, hate to disgree......maybe its only 12,000 to 13,000 but better to have fans that care about the outcome. Asses in the seats don't necesarily stand up cheer and make noise for the team. I am always amazed at the thousands at the dome that never stand up unless told to do so by the announcer or when they have to go to the bathroom or buy concessions. Not much of a winning attitude by many fans at the dome.......they are there to be entertained.

The nice thing about the poorly attended games, was that the people behind me moved over to see instead of bitching, while I and my peeps were standing:nod:

actually thinking about buying the seats right behind me also so I can stand the entire time

HandoEX
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Let's get a Bisonville only section in the dome! All fans in that section must stand the entire game.

Like most here, I can't stand people getting pissed when I stand up. Some 70 year old prick hit my wife in the back with a rolled up program the first game of the 2008 season and I almost went ballistic on the dude. I told a guy in section 8 this season that "it's FOOTBALL, not the ballet". haha

I miss being a student:mad:

aces1180
12-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Let's get a Bisonville only section in the dome! All fans in that section must stand the entire game.

Like most here, I can't stand people getting pissed when I stand up. Some 70 year old prick hit my wife in the back with a rolled up program the first game of the 2008 season and I almost went ballistic on the dude. I told a guy in section 8 this season that "it's FOOTBALL, not the ballet". haha

I miss being a student:mad:

I got the "tug of doom" on my shirt last year and was TOLD to sit down...My parents and my wife were surprised I didn't blow up on the old coot...I told him I paid for my seats and the space in front if it and if he had a problem with that, tough. Considering I have had the same seats for the last three years, I haven't seen him before or after that. I HATE fans like that, who try and ruin the experience for others.

Bisonfan1
12-13-2009, 05:46 PM

The cold and true home field advantage doesnt seem to bother Montana fans 23,000 plus, or the golden gophers at their new outdoor stadium, or NFL stadiums that are packed regardless of the weather etc. etc. As long as the Bison are winning, an outdoor stadium would do fine, The fargodome for any home playoff games will be standing room only, only to watch the Bison playing on a neutral field, sorry but a packed dome and everyone wearing yellow doesnt intimidate anyone when only 1/3 of the crowd is really into the game.

SDbison
12-13-2009, 05:52 PM
The cold and true home field advantage doesnt seem to bother Montana fans 23,000 plus, or the golden gophers at their new outdoor stadium, or NFL stadiums that are packed regardless of the weather etc. etc. As long as the Bison are winning, an outdoor stadium would do fine, The fargodome for any home playoff games will be standing room only, only to watch the Bison playing on a neutral field, sorry but a packed dome and everyone wearing yellow doesnt intimidate anyone when only 1/3 of the crowd is really into the game.
Bingo!
Now watch someone try to justify how an A$$ in the seat that stays there is OK and needed.
I think there are some spoiled fans that expect the Bison to win just because of what happened 20 years ago. The dome is stale and so are way too many fans. Now that the team is stale too it's a miserable experience.

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2009, 06:37 PM
I dunno.....I think outdoor football is a different proposition in Fargo than in Missoula. The climate in Fargo is much harsher than Missoula and I think you would run the risk of really killing attendance at those late season games.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
the old duffers should be segragated in their own section

tjbison
12-13-2009, 09:44 PM

not to knock the old guys as they are some bigger donors, but I agree, there should be a box to check on the teammakers season tickets that asks if they are going to cheer or sit.

DjKyRo
12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
You guys can probably get away with stealing seats from the students section next year, as you may or may not have noticed the seats behind and around the band are virtually empty - plenty of standing area. :D

56BISON73
12-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Bingo!
Now watch someone try to justify how an A$$ in the seat that stays there is OK and needed.
I think there are some spoiled fans that expect the Bison to win just because of what happened 20 years ago. The dome is stale and so are way too many fans. Now that the team is stale too it's a miserable experience.

5000 fans X 25.00 = $125,000.00 x 5 games = $625,000.00 6 games = $750,000.00

westnodak93bison
12-14-2009, 12:22 AM
not to knock the old guys as they are some bigger donors, but I agree, there should be a box to check on the teammakers season tickets that asks if they are going to cheer or sit.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Makes no sense to have a 70yr old that will not stand and cheer sitting behing a guy like ME!

HerdBot
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM
There are thousands of fans, likely close to 5000 of them, that now attend Bison games for the social event. They could care less about the outcome of the game as long as many fans attend and its something they can say they were at. Problem is NDSU continues to have top attendance for FCS, but poor results on the field. How long will this last?
Then there is the dome jinx.....no home playoff games since 1992 when the dome was built. Unless the Bison are a totally dominating team they will continue to lose games at home since an indoor field is an equalizer.
For all the tradition, excellent facilities, good coaches and recruiting (both now questionable) the Bison continue to struggle. Montana and Northern Iowa keep on winning and getting to the playoffs. NDSU keeps on choking!

No such thing as a dome jinx. UNI and UND play in a dome (or a tin shed) and they have had some success. Actually, UND became better when they moved indoors.

HerdBot
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM

I agree there are lame fans but you can't deny the fact that lame fans help pay the bills. If we're to move forward, we need as much money as possible. Not only do they fund football, they money helps fund all the other sports. I don't think that having an extra 5,000 fans who don't cheer loudly hurts the team at all. Even if they do they occasional golf clap it's going to make the stadium louder and fund the team. It's the students that have failed miserably at setting the tone. But first and foremost, the team has failed to capitalize on a great fan base. They need something to cheer about.

SDbison
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
No such thing as a dome jinx. UNI and UND play in a dome (or a tin shed) and they have had some success. Actually, UND became better when they moved indoors.
OK, Fargodome jinx!

tony
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM

Bah, I'm as old as fossilized dirt and I'll cheer as long as I'm not the only one. And I'll stand too but not if I going to be annoying people behind me (except for kickoffs and stuff - I'll stand for those no matter what the people behind me are doing.)

Fact is, you *can* stand and cheer the whole game if you want (even at the FargoDome) but you'll have to do what what my buddies and I did as Dacotah - head to the top rows, not the front ones.

tjbison
12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Bah, I'm as old as fossilized dirt and I'll cheer as long as I'm not the only one. And I'll stand too but not if I going to be annoying people behind me (except for kickoffs and stuff - I'll stand for those no matter what the people behind me are doing.)

Fact is, if you want to stand and cheer the whole game if you want even at the FargoDome but you'll have to do what what my buddies and I did in college - head to the top rows, not the front ones.

Bah humbug you old coot!!!

LOL J/k:D :D

GOB1SON
12-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I dunno.....I think outdoor football is a different proposition in Fargo than in Missoula. The climate in Fargo is much harsher than Missoula and I think you would run the risk of really killing attendance at those late season games.

This^^^^^^^^^^

Comparing mountain cold to the barren wastelands of the RRV. I have lived in both. They aren't the same.

The whole sit/stand argument is getting kind of old too. There are a few on here that have made this into something to bitch about. Seems to me that some of you want to stand just to piss off the old guy behind you. I was raised to have more respect for my elders than that. That old guy is probably an alumni and deserves my/your respect.

Besides, if you have season tickets don't you know the people that sit around you? If you don't, turn around and introduce yourselves to them. They are probably alumni and Bison fans too! You might find that you like them and they will probably quit wacking you with their program when you stand up.

Tony said it right, just be respectful of those around you. Or move.

56BISON73
12-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I agree there are lame fans but you can't deny the fact that lame fans help pay the bills. If we're to move forward, we need as much money as possible. Not only do they fund football, they money helps fund all the other sports. I don't think that having an extra 5,000 fans who don't cheer loudly hurts the team at all. Even if they do they occasional golf clap it's going to make the stadium louder and fund the team. It's the students that have failed miserably at setting the tone. But first and foremost, the team has failed to capitalize on a great fan base. They need something to cheer about.

I will take a silent fan who donates money over some drunk obnoxious fan who cheers his ass off anyday.
I dont understand why some think that their way of supporting the Bison is the only way. WHY does a fan HAVE to stand and cheer??? If that fan shows up he is supporting the Bison. If he wants to sit and watch the game so what. He bought a freaking ticket. So what if he wants to be entertained. He is just being entertained in a different way. Others like to be entertained by there own actions-standing, cheering etc.
I hate to say it but the announcers bit about getting everyone to stand is for the fans benefit as it does nothing for the outcome of the game. Its for the game day experience and to TRY and create excitement.
Whats funny is you never hear that crap from the announcers at an outdoor venue.:nod:

56BISON73
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM
This^^^^^^^^^^

Comparing mountain cold to the barren wastelands of the RRV. I have lived in both. They aren't the same.

The whole sit/stand argument is getting kind of old too. There are a few on here that have made this into something to bitch about. Seems to me that some of you want to stand just to piss off the old guy behind you. I was raised to have more respect for my elders than that. That old guy is probably an alumni and deserves my/your respect.

Besides, if you have season tickets don't you know that people that sit around you? If you don't, turn around and introduce yourselves to them. They are probably alumni and Bison fans too! You might find that you like them and they will probably quit wacking you with their program when you stand up.

VERY VERY well said!!!!!!!

Bisonfan1
12-14-2009, 05:25 PM
BAH, personell at NDSU talk out of both sides of their mouth, "stand all you want" yea right, than you get kicked out for the year, even when they had the super section spycam on your group than "conveniently" tape over it that showed you did nothing wrong (ask Clint) no wait, you cant, he doesnt come anymore after being falsley accused. So I just go with the flow now, rarely stand, golf clap, and have become very lame at the game. Remember big brother is watching, and I like my seats, so I have become part of the majority of sit on your hands group, it is so nice and peaceful now this way. As long as there is a dome in Fargo, you wont see the crowd like Montana's that everyone was so impressed with, it is not allowed at the DEAD DOME. The east side of the dome is PATHETIC, how in the world can the Vikings get 60,000 plus to stand and cheer wildly at the Metrodome without command to do so, and you cant even get the east side of the Dead Dome up on critical 3rd downs and when prompted ??? What a joke, I seem to remember (SOME )success (lol) when there was only 5-7 thousand fans at a playoff/s game because it was too cold for the weinys. How in the world did NDSU practice and play football ALL those years outside without a roof over their heads ???

HerdBot
12-14-2009, 05:46 PM
BAH, personell at NDSU talk out of both sides of their mouth, "stand all you want" yea right, than you get kicked out for the year, even when they had the super section spycam on your group than "conveniently" tape over it that showed you did nothing wrong (ask Clint) no wait, you cant, he doesnt come anymore after being falsley accused. So I just go with the flow now, rarely stand, golf clap, and have become very lame at the game. Remember big brother is watching, and I like my seats, so I have become part of the majority of sit on your hands group, it is so nice and peaceful now this way. As long as there is a dome in Fargo, you wont see the crowd like Montana's that everyone was so impressed with, it is not allowed at the DEAD DOME. The east side of the dome is PATHETIC, how in the world can the Vikings get 60,000 plus to stand and cheer wildly at the Metrodome without command to do so, and you cant even get the east side of the Dead Dome up on critical 3rd downs and when prompted ??? What a joke, I seem to remember (SOME )success (lol) when there was only 5-7 thousand fans at a playoff/s game because it was too cold for the weinys. How in the world did NDSU practice and play football ALL those years outside without a roof over their heads ???

You should move on over to the west side then. I've never had any issues. I cheer loud but sit on the edge of my seat most of the game because the people behind me sit and I don't want to be a dick and block their view. I stand up when the people in front of me stand and many other times throughout the game. The people behind me don't bitch. I wish the people in front of me stood because it would give me a reason to stand but I ask you this... do you really cheer louder because you stand?

At Vikings games people are louder and stand during much of game but not the entire game. Is it louder? Yeah, because your talking about 64,000 people vs 18,000 with no empty seats.

Bisonfan1
12-14-2009, 05:56 PM
You should move on over to the west side then. I've never had any issues. I cheer loud but sit on the edge of my seat most of the game because the people behind me sit and I don't want to be a dick and block their view. I stand up when the people in front of me stand and many other times throughout the game. The people behind me don't bitch. I wish the people in front of me stood because it would give me a reason to stand but I ask you this... do you really cheer louder because you stand?

At Vikings games people are louder and stand during much of game but not the entire game. Is it louder? Yeah, because your talking about 64,000 people vs 18,000 with no empty seats.

I am on the WEST side, in the once defuncnt now rowdy section, with a great view of the pathetic east side. I am not complaining about standing anymore because i dont unless prompted by the pc announcer when it is appropriate. My big question is how come some venues like Montana, (comparable to our numbers) or BCS teams and most NFL venues the ENTIRE crowd is into the game when the good old FargoDome has about 1/3 of the crowd into the game ?? Why is it differant ?? What happened to our rabid fan base ?? How do all these other teams have a rabid fan base year after year after year ?? How do all these fans at other venues know when it is appropriate to stand without being told ??? I dont get it ???

tony
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM

Well, I wasn't trying to tell other people what to do... was just saying how I think about this kind of stuff. I love standing and cheering but heck if I can get comfortable standing if I'm blocking the view of somebody behind me so I tossed out the easy and cheap solution (i.e. moving to the top rows of the dome.)

Personally, I'd rather see Section 21 bought out by people willing to stand the whole game (including the box seats).

lakesbison
12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I will take a silent fan who donates money over some drunk obnoxious fan who cheers his ass off anyday.
I dont understand why some think that their way of supporting the Bison is the only way. WHY does a fan HAVE to stand and cheer?

PL. 2 words for you. STAY HOME.

youre constant thinking that you know it all is hilarious, D1 fans should be like Montana fans, Stand and be loud and raucaus and don't come into our house!!!

Bison bison
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I am on the WEST side, in the once defuncnt now rowdy section, with a great view of the pathetic east side. I am not complaining about standing anymore because i dont unless prompted by the pc announcer when it is appropriate. My big question is how come some venues like Montana, (comparable to our numbers) or BCS teams and most NFL venues the ENTIRE crowd is into the game when the good old FargoDome has about 1/3 of the crowd into the game ?? Why is it differant ?? What happened to our rabid fan base ?? How do all these other teams have a rabid fan base year after year after year ?? How do all these fans at other venues know when it is appropriate to stand without being told ??? I dont get it ???

Hemorrhoids?

tony
12-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Well, the the only rabid fanbase in Dacotah Field was on the student & GA section. The Team Maker section were about the same now as they were then. Also, I think acoustics play a large role - the FargoDome seems to swallow up a lot of noise - noise that otherwise would contribute to a rowdy atmosphere. Cripes, when 4000 people were banging on stands at Dacotah that would really get the blood pumping (heck, 200 people could make a lot of noise at Dacotah.) Acoustically the UNI Dome and the Alerus are TONS superior for watching a football game.

NorCalJack
12-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Well I watched the game on ESPN and thought it was one of the best games I had seen this year. I just love watch people playing when it snows. I thought both teams were evenly matched and the crowd was really into the game. I have to tip my hat to the Montana crowd, they were crazy loud. At one point one side of the stadium was yelling "Montana!!!!" and the other side replied "Grizzlies!!!" My wife came in from another room and said what is that noise? I told her and she said that was cool. You have to understand, she hates football and will never watch a game, ever!!! But she actually stayed a couple of minutes watching the teams play in the snow. Even today she called me and asked who was playing, she was telling on of her friends about it.

I can't wait for the Championship game. I really am starting to like this whole FCS think. You also have to understand that here in Northern Cal, FCS football is looked down upon. Some of my closest friends went to USC, UCLA, Nebraska and Ohio State. So when I mention FCS, they just shake there head and can't understand why I watch it.

56BISON73
12-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Then you should come over to our section where all the old farts sit. We stand, clap when appropriate. If someone doesnt want to stand we dont give him shit and we dont give shit to those that do. This should be right up your alley:D

onbison09
12-14-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't know if this has been posted or if anyone else didn't catch it but that's kind of hard to believe. Before the game they were talking about both program's success over the past decade. They showed a graphic with most FCS wins since 2000 and we were 3rd with 93. Only problem was they had our logo and the words "North Dakota". Gotta love ESPN :banghead:

Grizzled
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't know if this has been posted or if anyone else didn't catch it but that's kind of hard to believe. Before the game they were talking about both program's success over the past decade. They showed a graphic with most FCS wins since 2000 and we were 3rd with 93. Only problem was they had our logo and the words "North Dakota". Gotta love ESPN :banghead:

They obviously counted our DII wins in that mix??

HandoEX
12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
They obviously counted our DII wins in that mix??

The only problem is that we've only won 73 games this decade:confused:
2000: 12
2001: 7
2002: 2
2003: 8
2004: 8
2005: 7
2006: 10
2007: 10
2008: 6
2009: 3

HerdBot
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I dont understand why some think that their way of supporting the Bison is the only way. WHY does a fan HAVE to stand and cheer?

PL. 2 words for you. STAY HOME.

youre constant thinking that you know it all is hilarious, D1 fans should be like Montana fans, Stand and be loud and raucaus and don't come into our house!!!
Your a great business mind lakes. Tell the people who pay the bills to not show up. Trust me you'll be the first to bitch because of all the blue seata.

MontBison
12-14-2009, 08:30 PM
So I think I have finally recovered from Saturday, and yes it was LOUD as hell. Just a few points from my perspectives on their “big time” atmosphere. NDSU’s tailgating is on par if not better than Montana’s, however, the fact they allow fans to tailgate all game and go out at half-time is huge. Now I must say here at MSU it hurts attendance and I’m sure it does at Montana when it’s not a very important game, but when you’re able to go get a few beverages at half-time it will undoubtedly make fans a little more rowdy. Now on the flip side, and I don’t know if you could see it on T.V, but the stands are pretty empty for the beginning of the 3rd, I don’t think that the first 4 min of the 3rd are that important anyway. Just a thought on that whole idea.
Now second off, I believe if you’re going to have an outdoor stadium it’s got to be in the right setting. Maybe people in Montana take it for granted but I think it’s cool as hell to look at the Mountains at Bobcat stadium, or be amongst the “mountains” (more like hills) at WaGrizz. Trust me the temp. here has been colder than back in ND so I really just throw that out as a wash.
Lastly, you all make good points of everyone standing, I was able to stand behind a 63 year-old lady and she stood the WHOLE game and yelled like hell, let me tell you, these people weren’t there just because it was the “thing” to do. They were there cause they actually gave a dam.
Just my two cents. I’m starting to think that I might be eating some crow come Friday night, but I also must say if NDSU could get a few good cb’s and a qb who could win us games we could compete with anyone.

NorthernBison
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM
So I think I have finally recovered from Saturday, and yes it was LOUD as hell. Just a few points from my perspectives on their “big time” atmosphere. NDSU’s tailgating is on par if not better than Montana’s, however, the fact they allow fans to tailgate all game and go out at half-time is huge. Now I must say here at MSU it hurts attendance and I’m sure it does at Montana when it’s not a very important game, but when you’re able to go get a few beverages at half-time it will undoubtedly make fans a little more rowdy. Now on the flip side, and I don’t know if you could see it on T.V, but the stands are pretty empty for the beginning of the 3rd, I don’t think that the first 4 min of the 3rd are that important anyway. Just a thought on that whole idea.
Now second off, I believe if you’re going to have an outdoor stadium it’s got to be in the right setting. Maybe people in Montana take it for granted but I think it’s cool as hell to look at the Mountains at Bobcat stadium, or be amongst the “mountains” (more like hills) at WaGrizz. Trust me the temp. here has been colder than back in ND so I really just throw that out as a wash.
Lastly, you all make good points of everyone standing, I was able to stand behind a 63 year-old lady and she stood the WHOLE game and yelled like hell, let me tell you, these people weren’t there just because it was the “thing” to do. They were there cause they actually gave a dam.
Just my two cents. I’m starting to think that I might be eating some crow come Friday night, but I also must say if NDSU could get a few good cb’s and a qb who could win us games we could compete with anyone.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the temps there have not been colder than here. In Langdon, ND over the last 7 days there was one day where the high got above zero (+5). Daily lows have ranged from a balmy -18 to a bit chilly -25. Wind chills the last couple days have been in the -30's. I see the Weather channel is predicting a high of 32 in Missoula tomorrow. I don't even dare think about when we will see that again. I have the pleasure of living in the city in the Lower 48 with the lowest year round average temperature according to the WDAY meteorologist. Others may be colder at times but we beat the crap out of them with consistency.

An outdoor stadium here is a whole different kind of thing than most places that are considered cold. Even Minneapolis is the banana belt compared to Fargo and points north.

onbison09
12-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Well UND has 95 wins this decade but most of those are D2. So right school name but wrong logo? :rofl: I was wondering why no one posted it on here.

ndsubison1
12-14-2009, 09:15 PM
try having students tell you to sit and stop yelling at the other teams... sav you know all about this lol :banghead: :banghead:

MontBison
12-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the temps there have not been colder than here. In Langdon, ND over the last 7 days there was one day where the high got above zero (+5). Daily lows have ranged from a balmy -18 to a bit chilly -25. Wind chills the last couple days have been in the -30's. I see the Weather channel is predicting a high of 32 in Missoula tomorrow. I don't even dare think about when we will see that again. I have the pleasure of living in the city in the Lower 48 with the lowest year round average temperature according to the WDAY meteorologist. Others may be colder at times but we beat the crap out of them with consistency.

An outdoor stadium here is a whole different kind of thing than most places that are considered cold. Even Minneapolis is the banana belt compared to Fargo and points north.

I stand corrected, it was -27 when I went to class in Bozeman last Tuesday and it was -47 with the wind-chill, we went something like 4 days without reaching 0 last week. Historically, I understand ND is colder (having lived there for 18 years) but that doesn’t mean Montana is all that much warmer. I’ve never heard any student tell another to stop yelling, there are people who yell dumb unintelligent sh#^ but that means that there probably having a better time then you, if ya know what I mean..:bong: :bong: :bong:

tjbison
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I stand corrected, it was -27 when I went to class in Bozeman last Tuesday and it was -47 with the wind-chill, we went something like 4 days without reaching 0 last week. Historically, I understand ND is colder (having lived there for 18 years) but that doesn’t mean Montana is all that much warmer. I’ve never heard any student tell another to stop yelling, there are people who yell dumb unintelligent sh#^ but that means that there probably having a better time then you, if ya know what I mean..:bong: :bong: :bong:

There is a huge cement Penguin on Hwy 2 outside Cut Bank Montana proclaiming it the Coldest city in the Lower 48 and trust me when those winds blow from the Rockies Fargo is balmy plust you can drive from Havre to Browninf and not see a tree or living creature

56BISON73
12-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Edited by admin: Lakes bashing.

56BISON73
12-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Edit: superfluous Lakes bashing

Hansel
12-14-2009, 10:36 PM
I stand corrected, it was -27 when I went to class in Bozeman last Tuesday and it was -47 with the wind-chill, we went something like 4 days without reaching 0 last week.

Bozeman seems to have a cold snap around the first week of the year and maybe one or two more during the winter but other than that it is pretty mild in relation to Fargo. Not to mention that when it is cold in Bozeman it is normally sunny/drier and not as windy as well.

Average December Highs/Lows per weather.com

Fargo 21/4
Bozeman 33/15
Missoula 32/17

BlueBisonRock
12-14-2009, 10:40 PM

You are sooo right! I tell people living in southern MN that the weather they call cold is Balmy when compared with ND. I also inform them that the only break ND gets with the weather is the three barb wire fences between the north pole and ND that cut the wind. The last one is just up the road from you!

Bismarck and points west can get the cold, but they are also blessed with periodic Chinook winds that provide a nice warming spell.

sambini
12-14-2009, 10:51 PM
You are sooo right! I tell people living in southern MN that the weather they call cold is Balmy when compared with ND. I also inform them that the only break ND gets with the weather is the three barb wire fences between the north pole and ND that cut the wind. The last one is just up the road from you!

Bismarck and points west can get the cold, but they are also blessed with periodic Chinook winds that provide a nice warming spell.

When it gets cold here it COLD. Tonight is going to be ugly. Stay warm everyone.

onbison09
12-15-2009, 01:21 AM
try having students tell you to sit and stop yelling at the other teams... sav you know all about this lol :banghead: :banghead:

That's really weak if students tell you to sit down.

Bisonfan1
12-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Then you should come over to our section where all the old farts sit. We stand, clap when appropriate. If someone doesnt want to stand we dont give him shit and we dont give shit to those that do. This should be right up your alley:D

Sorry PL, just cant handle your sausage man, you guys are just the ultimate party animals over there and I just cant take it, big brother is watching your section and you will get the boot. You old farts are the altimate, you are appropriate, I just cant hang with you guys !!! GO BISON !!! :D:

56BISON73
12-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Sorry PL, just cant handle your sausage man, you guys are just the ultimate party animals over there and I just cant take it, big brother is watching your section and you will get the boot. You old farts are the altimate, you are appropriate, I just cant hang with you guys !!! GO BISON !!! :D:

We get along so well over here that we have been warned that we need to be a more obnoxious and create controversy.:D

BisonAccountant44
12-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but looks like the ratings for this game were pretty decent.

In fact, if I'm looking at this data correctly, the ratings were better than they were for 7 bowl games last year. Putting the Appy-Montana game directly between last years epic Papajohns.com bowl between Rutgers and NC State, and the unforgettable International bowl battle between UConn and Buffalo.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204858434

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/01/13/ncaa-college-football-bowl-game-ratings-2008-9/10685