PDA

View Full Version : Zach Vraa - Mr. Football

Gully
12-06-2009, 11:33 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/78644947.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUl

Rosemount wide receiver Zach Vraa was named Minnesota's Mr. Football this afternoon at the conclusion of a first-class banquet held at the Doubletree Hotel in St. Louis Park. Vraa was among 10 seniors who were finalists for the award given by the Minnesota High School Football Coaches Association. Vraa is the sixth winner of the award and the third from the Lake Conference.

Vraa, who also is on the basketball and track teams at Rosemount, has a grade-point average of 3.76. He is weighing football scholarship offers from North Dakota State and North Dakota.

Previous Mr. Football winners:

2008: Varma Sonie, Apple Valley

2007: Michael Floyd, Cretin-Derham Hall

2006: Blake Sorensen, Eden Prairie

2005: Matt Carufel, Cretin-Derham Hall

2004: Nick Mertens, East Grand Forks

Mr. Burgundy
12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Zach, congrats on the award. From everything we have heard, you are a great player and very good student. Let me explain these offers to you.

A) You can go to a school and always be pissed you aren't a hockey player and wonder why 4,000 people go to football games yet pack the Ralph for a hockey game. Getting a recruiting visit on a hockey weekend is a fun trick, you will see more people in the upstairs bar than you will at the Alerus on gameday.

B) You can run the town. Football is life at NDSU. From the tailgate to packing the dome, even in a down year. Plus, you are a position of need. You can make a difference at NDSU. The tradition speaks for itself.

18,000 fans every game, a significantly better conference with an auto bid, an amazing fan base, the tailgating atmospher (parents have to enjoy that), and the opportunity to play a great schedule.

Come be a Bison!!!! Congrats on the award!!!!

DjKyRo
12-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Dang, now we REALLY need to go after this guy! With the depth issues we had last year and with the upcoming guys this year, he's got a real chance to emerge as a number 1 early on. Make the right choice Zach!

Congrats!

CaBisonFan
12-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Congrats to Zach. Good luck in whatever you do. What an honor...wowza.

Mr. Burgundy
12-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Do you think Henderson, the #1 recruit in the nation feels snubbed that Vraa won it? I bet he doesn't really care. He is deciding what school he will attend. Check out his offer list if you want to laugh.

unbison
12-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Zach, congrats on the award. From everything we have heard, you are a great player and very good student. Let me explain these offers to you.

A) You can go to a school and always be pissed you aren't a hockey player and wonder why 4,000 people go to football games yet pack the Ralph for a hockey game. Getting a recruiting visit on a hockey weekend is a fun trick, you will see more people in the upstairs bar than you will at the Alerus on gameday.

B) You can run the town. Football is life at NDSU. From the tailgate to packing the dome, even in a down year. Plus, you are a position of need. You can make a difference at NDSU. The tradition speaks for itself.

18,000 fans every game, a significantly better conference with an auto bid, an amazing fan base, the tailgating atmospher (parents have to enjoy that), and the opportunity to play a great schedule.

Camp Randall is calling I believe
(and I hate the badgers)

DjKyRo
12-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Camp Randall is calling I believe
(and I hate the badgers)

buck the fadgers ;)

lakesbison
12-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Vraa will end up.at wisconsin from what i heard last week when i was down in MADTOWN. NDSU would be his backup choice. Und would be his choice if bohl pulled the offer.

Grizzled
12-07-2009, 01:29 AM

Just watch out when you are running the town. The cops are tough around here and guys in the past that have thought they where running the town got arrested and are no longer with us. Maybe you can just run the campus.

CaBisonFan
12-07-2009, 03:47 AM
Football is not 'life' Zach. Go where you get the kind of degree that you want. No one runs a town. Be a student-athlete and enjoy it.

ndsubison1
12-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Do you think Henderson, the #1 recruit in the nation feels snubbed that Vraa won it? I bet he doesn't really care. He is deciding what school he will attend. Check out his offer list if you want to laugh.

Florida :D

CaBisonFan
12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Florida :D

Mayville State wants him bad...:cool:

Bison Dan
12-07-2009, 12:01 PM

You forgot one. The Bison track program is light years ahead of the school up North.

HandoEX
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
The Bison Media Blog listed Vraa as second team all-state. How does a second team all-state player win Mr. Football?

tony
12-07-2009, 03:33 PM
The Bison Media Blog listed Vraa as second team all-state. How does a second team all-state player win Mr. Football?

Different voters and criteria.

Da Bison
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
You forgot one. The Bison track program is light years ahead of the school up North.

With the new indoor facility their coach was promising my niece they will surely catch up very quickly:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bryan
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
The only way Vraa ends up at Wisconsin is as a walk on, doubtful.
Mr. Football is a pretty new award in MN and doesn't come close to Mr. Hockey or Mr. Basketball in prestige, and to be honest, most people have no idea it exists. Vraa is a nice player but you could easily name 8-10 kids more deserving, I think Henderson is the easy choice for all these awards but as a O-Lineman he doesn't have any stats and some voters just won't vote for him because of the national hype. Even Williams at DeLaSalle's numbers are of off the charts, Alt had a great year, Lamonte Edwards at Woodbury, Joel Bauman came very close to breaking state career rushing record, Tarpley had a great year on both sides of the ball, etc.

Twentysix
12-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Uhhhh nick mertenswon the award......lets not. Good get UND.

Tatanka
12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Good get UND.

:confused:

Grizzled
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Good get UND.

He hasn't committed anywhere yet.