PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in the Summit

NDSUstudent
12-04-2009, 11:33 PM
NDSU vs IUPUI- The Jaguars rolled through SDSU on Thursday while NDSU managed to do just enough to get past WIU. This will be the toughest road game Saul Phillips' young team has faced thus far, IUPUI has a solid big three in Glenn, Young, and Nobles plus a tricky zone defense.

The Bison will need one of their best shooting performances this year to get a win. Although NDSU is due for a good shooting performance, I think IUPUI's big three will be too much for Saul's squad. IUPUI-77 NDSU-71

SDSU vs WIU- I know it is early and breaking out the words... "must win game" is cliche but I think that is where the Jacks find themselves right now. WIU is bottom tier team, this is the kind of game Nagy needs to win in order for his squad to take the next step.

Taking that next step won't be easy. While WIU doesn't have a lot of offense coach Molinari will have them ready to play solid defense. No doubt the Leathernecks will be fired up to salvage a split after losing to NDSU.

While I want to take SDSU, I want to see them prove it on the road first. WIU-65 SDSU 62

SUU vs ORU- The Golden Eagles struggled in putting away UMKC on Thursday, no doubt injuries have taken a toll on Scott Sutton's squad.

While ORU struggled with UMKC, SUU has just struggled period. This game should be a perfect opportunity for ORU to heal up before having to take on Missouri, Louisville, and New Mexico in non-conference play. ORU 74 SUU 57

Oakland vs IPFW- This game is big for an Oakland team that came into the season as the consensus pick to win the league but has stumbled out of the gate so far. The Griz were pummeled in their last game against Memphis, after almost a week off it will be interesting to see how they bounce back.

IPFW is traditionally very tough at home and last year's sixth man of the year in the Summit, Deilvez Yearby, is proving to be a prominent player scoring over 17 points per game.

Look for IPFW to hang tough for a while, but Oakland will prove to be too much. Oakland 77 IPFW 68

Game of the Night

UMKC vs Centenary- I never thought I would have pegged this match up ever to be a game of the night but the Gentleman have earned it. Despite an offseason filled with setbacks Centenary has come out and played solid basketball. Centenary has scored over 80 points in their last four games which has helped them build a 4-2 start to the season.

While UMKC lost to ORU, they played solid on the road which is something they were not able to do last season. Evansville transfer Jay Cousinard has been a big addition to their lineup, and has given the Roo's a scorer that will come out and produce every game.

In my last prediction I questioned if Centenary is for real, a 2-0 start to league play would go a long way toward answering that. While I wonder how they are doing it, I got to take the Gents to win again. Centenary 81 UMKC 72

jacks1
12-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Again, nice work on the matchups. I agree, until SDSU proves they can win on the road (maybe never), I'm going with the other team :banghead:

ndsubison1
12-05-2009, 08:41 AM
sdsu will beat wiu imho

DjKyRo
12-06-2009, 01:18 AM
sdsu will beat wiu imho

WIU is up 51-40 with 13:00 to play!

Some other scores....

Oakland beats IPFW by 8. 84-76...rather interesting given their expected dominance and IPFW's 2-4 record.

NDSU dropped by IUPUI 86-74 (:().

Centenary up 43-36 on UMKC at the half.

Oral Roberts up on SUU 38-22 midway through the 2nd.

Student's on track for a 5-0 mark on the night. ;)

TheBisonator
12-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Looks like the Bunnies are finally about to do it. Up 76-72 with 17 seconds left and the ball.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Student's on track for a 5-0 mark on the night. ;)

way to jinx him you should be banned for this!

DjKyRo
12-06-2009, 05:51 AM
way to jinx him you should be banned for this!

I regret my transgressions and accept whatever punishment the Tribuna- sorry, Tony deems necessary... :(