PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night in the Summit League

NDSUstudent
12-03-2009, 04:42 AM
League play begins tomorrow with some very interesting match ups...

NDSU vs WIU- This could be setting up to be a defensive battle, neither team has been all that consistent offensively while both have shown some promise defensively.

Look for NDSU's freshman to continue to play more and improve, which should give the Bison just enough offense to pull out a road win. NDSU 72 WIU-65

SUU vs Centenary Surprisingly being sent into DIII obscurity while facing a postseason ban has not stopped Centenary from winning three of their first five games. But to no surprise SUU have stumbled with their new look roster. SUU has struggled in all but one game against a DI team.

Although Centenary is playing solid basketball, I am still not sure if the Gentleman are for real. SUU 79 Centenary 74

UMKC vs ORU- The Golden Eagles are down to just seven scholarship players after three injuries and a transfer have shaken up their roster. Two of the Golden Eagles injuries have been to their point guards.

Lack of a floor general doomed ORU last year, no doubt it will again this year but not against UMKC. ORU 79 UMKC 64

Game of the Night

SDSU vs IUPUI- So far the Jaguars have been the surprise of the conference. Robert Glenn, Leroy Nobles, and Alex Young all are averaging over 15 points a game, the trio is a major reason why IUPUI is 4-2 and has the look of the top team in the Summit.

Meanwhile SDSU has looked improved from last year, the Jacks took it to Wyoming on the road and played Purdue tough. But outside of those games the Jacks have looked a bit soft, the Jacks are still lacking the poise needed to finish games.

I'll go with the new big three of the Summit to stymie the Jack's hopes of getting that ever elusive Summit League road win. IUPUI-67 SDSU-59

HandoEX
12-03-2009, 06:47 PM
NDSU by 2
SUU by 3
ORU by 7
IUPUI by 1 (on a last second shot, breaking the hearts of SDSU fans everywhere)

jacks1
12-03-2009, 09:17 PM
League play begins tomorrow with some very interesting match ups...

NDSU vs WIU- This could be setting up to be a defensive battle, neither team has been all that consistent offensively while both have shown some promise defensively.

Look for NDSU's freshman to continue to play more and improve, which should give the Bison just enough offense to pull out a road win. NDSU 72 WIU-65

SUU vs Centenary Surprisingly being sent into DIII obscurity while facing a postseason ban has not stopped Centenary from winning three of their first five games. But to no surprise SUU have stumbled with their new look roster. SUU has struggled in all but one game against a DI team.

Although Centenary is playing solid basketball, I am still not sure if the Gentleman are for real. SUU 79 Centenary 74

UMKC vs ORU- The Golden Eagles are down to just seven scholarship players after three injuries and a transfer have shaken up their roster. Two of the Golden Eagles injuries have been to their point guards.

Lack of a floor general doomed ORU last year, no doubt it will again this year but not against UMKC. ORU 79 UMKC 64

Game of the Night

SDSU vs IUPUI- So far the Jaguars have been the surprise of the conference. Robert Glenn, Leroy Nobles, and Alex Young all are averaging over 15 points a game, the trio is a major reason why IUPUI is 4-2 and has the look of the top team in the Summit.

Meanwhile SDSU has looked improved from last year, the Jacks took it to Wyoming on the road and played Purdue tough. But outside of those games the Jacks have looked a bit soft, the Jacks are still lacking the poise needed to finish games.

I'll go with the new big three of the Summit to stymie the Jack's hopes of getting that ever elusive Summit League road win. IUPUI-67 SDSU-59

...pretty solid analysis. The Jacks will get a road win soon, just not tonight. Also, maybe Oakland isn't quite as untouchable as everyone thought...we shall soon find out.

HandoEX
12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
...pretty solid analysis. The Jacks will get a road win soon, just not tonight. Also, maybe Oakland isn't quite as untouchable as everyone thought...we shall soon find out.

Define soon? UMKC isn't for another month, and that's far from a sure thing. I don't see the next couple of conference road games being winnable for SDSU.

jacks1
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Define soon? UMKC isn't for another month, and that's far from a sure thing. I don't see the next couple of conference road games being winnable for SDSU.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'd say WIU is definitely a winnable game.

JacksFan06
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
SDSU will beat Centenary, IPFW, UMKC, W. Illinois, SUU, & NDSU on the road this year! Mark it down.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Damn Summit League road games anyway...

JacksFan06
12-04-2009, 12:16 AM
SDSU will beat Centenary, IPFW, UMKC, W. Illinois, SUU, & NDSU on the road this year! Mark it down.

I guess I should have made this brazen post after the game tonight instead of before it. Jacks are getting it handed to them by IUPUI, looks like they might not win any conference games. :(

TheBisonator
12-04-2009, 12:29 AM
I guess I should have made this brazen post after the game tonight instead of before it. Jacks are getting it handed to them by IUPUI, looks like they might not win any conference games. :(

Not even Western Illinois???

jacks1
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'd say WIU is definitely a winnable game.

I'd like to take this statement back. Until proven otherwise, I'd take School of the Blind over the Jacks if it was on the road.

Tatanka
12-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Marked .

roadwarrior
12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Guess who got the only road win on the first night?

ndsubison1
12-04-2009, 09:16 PM
So far the Jaguars have been the surprise of the conference.

I'm not one bit surprised...

Tatanka
12-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm not one bit surprised...

I am not surprised that Ming is not surprised. :D

ndsubison1
12-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I am not surprised that Ming is not surprised. :D

And I'm not surprised that you're not surprised that I'm not surprised :eeek:

lakesbison
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
wheres the thread that SDSU fans said they'd win 25 games?

JacksFan06
12-06-2009, 02:05 AM

Well Jacks pulled it off tonight for their first Summit league road win. ABOUT TIME!!! Looks like I've got 1 down and 5 to go.