PDA

View Full Version : Somebody put Lakes on suicide watch...

bisonmike2
12-02-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/261453/group/home/

Bison/Sioux is getting closer to becoming a reality.

tjbison
12-02-2009, 05:26 PM
but looks like USD is first!!!! LOL!! that will piss the suesports people off!! Glad to see the Coyotes on the schedule with 2 in Fargo 1 in Verm

onbison09
12-02-2009, 05:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3-wbk25mQ

tjbison
12-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I still like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zso-qdvbAA

repost but its been a long time

aces1180
12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
This makes me very happy. :nod: :nod: :nod:

As far as the title of your thread goes, I can see him e-mailing Taylor as I write this.

coldspot
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
This makes me very happy. :nod: :nod: :nod:

me too. playing regional competition makes more sense/cents than playing random little schools from the east coast. as much as it will piss some people off (lakes), playing UxD generates more revenue and FOR SURE will put butts in the seats. theres also a better chance of getting a game against UxD on regional tv (fox sports north). gotta get regional exposure before national exposure.

speaking of lakes, anybody heard from him yet? he might be at a bar drinking himself into a coma.

RedRiver
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM

Nothing new, Taylor has always said 2012 would be the earliest date for football. Heck, that is still 3 football years away. I do think that it is great that the Bison will be playing South Dakota before the other UXD!!

lakesbison
12-02-2009, 06:39 PM
EMAILS DONE, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF MOVING UP IF THE BAGGAGE COMES WITH IT??

bye bye WAC/MAC/MWC.................. this is B S !

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.

56BISON73
12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
me too. playing regional competition makes more sense/cents than playing random little schools from the east coast. as much as it will piss some people off (lakes), playing UxD generates more revenue and FOR SURE will put butts in the seats. theres also a better chance of getting a game against UxD on regional tv (fox sports north). gotta get regional exposure before national exposure.

speaking of lakes, anybody heard from him yet? he might be at a bar drinking himself into a coma.

He neg repped me on another thread. Does that count:D

ndsubison1
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
finally a familiar opponent as opposed to wagner or ccsu or peay

tjbison
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
finally a familiar opponent as opposed to wagner or ccsu or peay

but you have to admit it was fun chanting LETS GO PEE, LETS GO PEE!!:D

Facts
12-02-2009, 10:29 PM
EMAILS DONE, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PUSHED CHAPMAN OUT ARE BULLYING US WITH THIS. THATS MY OPINION. PERIOD.

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

WE HOLD ALL THE ADVANTAGES WITH THOSE 3?? why give them up? why share it, People around the country will once again go back to NOT knowing the difference between the 4 colleges... this is a shame and a SLAP in the face for everything we have done in the past 5-6 years.

I gotta admit, I partially agree with Lakes. If we play the UXD's, we are playing at their level. But since we are the same level in 2012 anyways, in time we would play them anyways. The real advantage NDSU has is Fargo. It is the largest of the four cities by far and as time progresses NDSU will continue to grow solely on a population basis. The only reason NDSU only recently eclipsed UND is NDSU started as a Land-grant college and transitioned to a University in the 1960s. NDSU will continue to develop, and NDSU athletics will likewise prosper.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Lakes, NDSU is a flagship and UND is flagship. Both are regional schools and thus we should be playing them. This whole notion of not playing UND because it makes us look better than them is ridiculous. As long as the two are on the same level, they should play. Which is what will happen in 2012.

TheBisonator
12-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I gotta admit, I partially agree with Lakes. If we play the UXD's, we are playing at their level. But since we are the same level in 2012 anyways, in time we would play them anyways. The real advantage NDSU has is Fargo. It is the largest of the four cities by far and as time progresses NDSU will continue to grow solely on a population basis. The only reason NDSU only recently eclipsed UND is NDSU started as a Land-grant college and transitioned to a University in the 1960s. NDSU will continue to develop, and NDSU athletics will likewise prosper.

I agree 100 percent with your points about Fargo's growth and the university's growth. You get a green chiclet from me. :D

siouxdgj
12-02-2009, 11:16 PM

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

Lakes, how about this? Let's throw something else into the mix: Number of alumni. I don't know about the South Dakota universities, but in the case of UND and NDSU, I believe the former has about 95,000 alums to about 70,000 NDSU alums, give or take a few here or there. Or don't you happen to see that as an advantage one way or another?

OrygunBison
12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Can someone please post a brief summary of the article? I can never get that stupid forum website to work without giving them a bunch of information.

tjbison
12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Can someone please post a brief summary of the article? I can never get that stupid forum website to work without giving them a bunch of information.

North Dakota State and the University of South Dakota appear close to finalizing a football contract to play three games – with the first one in Fargo next fall.

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor said the two schools have settled on potential dates. The 2010 game would be a guarantee game for the Coyotes and the last two – perhaps in 2013 and 2014 – would be a home-and-home deal.

Meanwhile, Taylor said talks with the University of North Dakota are continu-ing. He said the two schools don’t have potential dates to match up in 2010 and 2011 but that 2012 remains a possibility

all there but one paragraph which just talked about how its more difficult to get a deal with UND etc

TheBisonator
12-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Lakes, how about this? Let's throw something else into the mix: Number of alumni. I don't know about the South Dakota universities, but in the case of UND and NDSU, I believe the former has about 95,000 alums to about 70,000 NDSU alums, give or take a few here or there. Or don't you happen to see that as an advantage one way or another?

The way things are going with the number of students each university is graduating, I'd say NDSU is rapidly closing that gap.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2009, 11:40 PM
i wouldnt mind it. def adds more spice to the game rather then like one said, wagner, central connecticut, austin peay etc.

it'd sure be the focal point in the state for the lead up. wont happen for a while anyways so i'll hold off the excitement

Facts
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM

I guess I don't really get your point. Obviously from day one that has been an advantage for UND and continues to be. More people = more money to draw from, more graduates in the legislature, ect. ect. That will continue to tip the other way though.

DjKyRo
12-03-2009, 01:16 AM

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

Once again this plain and simple does not make sense - are NDSU students going to suddenly go "Holy carp, UND is crazy-awesome" and transfer on the basis of "we played them in football?" Are people going to refuse to attend this sort of football game (which to me seems completely wrong?)? Are recruits choosing between NDSU and UND going to sympathize with the Sue when we beat them to a pulp?

Your arguments just do not make sense - what are we sharing with them? What do they get of ours when they play us? How is putting ourselves on a pedestal going to get these ND State Senators dirtbags off our backs? WHERE is Carmen San Diego?!

Anyway, I do like the idea. It's a cool throwback and it will get a lot of people juiced for NDSU football when we go back to smothering these guys. Rock and roll says I.

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 01:16 AM
We out-recruit them, keep our profile up, and drub them. What I don't want, is to play them when they're not up to full scholarship levels.

I want the old days back where it's a question of the point spread...in our favor. 3, 4, 5, or 6 touchdown drubbing. Anything less is unacceptable.

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Anyway, I do like the idea. It's a cool throwback and it will get a lot of people juiced for NDSU football when we go back to smothering these guys. Rock and roll says I.

How about a throwback uniform for the game...meaning, the uniforms before Babich ruined them. Then keep them.

aces1180
12-03-2009, 01:36 AM
How about a throwback uniform for the game...meaning, the uniforms before Babich ruined them. Then keep them.

WHAT?!!!

It wasn't Babich's idea to create the new logo...It come from the administration. Most head coaches have a say in how a uni should look, but it surely comes down to more people than just him (ie - Equipment Manager, AD, Marketing, etc.).

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 01:48 AM

The game was gonna happen...but...I agree with the sentence above to a certain extent. Forces within the political arena, with connections to UND, were tired of Chapman's power...meaning that Chapman was doing what was good for NDSU.

The Foundation was in charge of any money that was spent for trips, house renovations, etc. Chapman asked the Foundation (repeatedly) about the money being spent, and was told not to worry about it...and that everything was fine, politically and otherwise.

Someone saw an opening, they stabbed him...and twisted. This happens to almost anyone in a leadership position that has a vision, some attitude, pushes hard, and doesn't just go with the flow. Chapman is extremely upset over how this was all handled. He was encouraged to take trips, to enjoy them, and to take the perks that went with it. He did not book hotel rooms, or flights, or anything. He was hired to be a politician and a leader for NDSU. He did it.

Yes...I have an inside source. No...I'm not making this up. No...I won't say who the source is. And yes...there were political forces that are in the UND camp who pushed the agenda to get rid of Chapman. The media was supplied with red meat, and they went after it like any modern-day tabloidian media source.

Now...let's get ready to beat the hell out of them.

DjKyRo
12-03-2009, 01:51 AM
The game was gonna happen...but...I agree with the sentence above to a certain extent. Forces within the political arena, with connections to UND, were tired of Chapman's power...meaning that Chapman was doing what was good for NDSU.

The Foundation was in charge of any money that was spent for trips, house renovations, etc. Chapman asked the Foundation (repeatedly) about the money being spent, and was told not to worry about it...and that everything was fine, politically and otherwise.

Someone saw an opening, they stabbed him...and twisted. This happens to almost anyone in a leadership position that has a vision, some attitude, pushes hard, and doesn't just go with the flow. Chapman is extremely upset over how this was all handled. He was encouraged to take trips, to enjoy them, and to take the perks that went with it. He did not book hotel rooms, or flights, or anything. He was hired to be a politician and a leader for NDSU. He did it.

Yes...I have an inside source. No...I'm not making this up. No...I won't say who the source is. And yes...there were political forces that are in the UND camp who pushed the agenda to get rid of Chapman. The media was supplied with red meat, and they went after it like any modern-day tabloidian media source.

We'll just have to see who's laughing when they get teh stuffing knocked out of them on FSN in a year or three. :nod: Politics be damned, we'll just have to settle this the old-fashioned way.

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 01:54 AM
WHAT?!!!

It wasn't Babich's idea to create the new logo...It come from the administration. Most head coaches have a say in how a uni should look, but it surely comes down to more people than just him (ie - Equipment Manager, AD, Marketing, etc.).

I'm not just talking about the logo. It's the damned coloring. The Babich era uniforms were puke ugly. Took the 'mean' look out of the image. Don't care who did it. They were all stupid. At least the Bohl folks got away from it. Someone said that the old uniforms (80s) looked too much like Green Bay, so they changed it. Frankly, I thought that the Babich uniforms were closer to Green Bay's...but not as bold. You have to work at 'ugly.' They did a fine job.

TheBisonator
12-03-2009, 01:54 AM
We'll just have to see who's laughing when they get teh stuffing knocked out of them on FSN in a year or three. :nod: Politics be damned, we'll just have to settle this the old-fashioned way.

I agree. Nothing would be better than to see an old Andy Griffith-style woodshed beating in a couple years. They like to play litigious decisive politics. We like to settle things like real men.

aces1180
12-03-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm not just talking about the logo. It's the damned coloring. The Babich era uniforms were puke ugly. Took the 'mean' look out of the image. Don't care who did it. They were all stupid. At least the Bohl folks got away from it. Someone said that the old uniforms (80s) looked too much like Green Bay, so they changed it. Frankly, I thought that the Babich uniforms were closer to Green Bay's...but not as bold. You have to work at 'ugly.' They did a fine job.

My question is how is that Babich's fault? Do you have facts to say it was him whom changed the colors?

TheBisonator
12-03-2009, 01:55 AM

I like the unis we have today, but I'd rather see the yellow pants on the road.

I'm also in favor of doing a throwback game where we get some new unis that look like the old 80's ones. (Not the old unis themselves, that's bush league.)

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 01:56 AM

Agreed.......:nod:

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 01:58 AM
My question is how is that Babich's fault? Do you have facts to say it was him whom changed the colors?

I don't care 'who' did it. I just know when it happened, and who the head coach was. I'll assume that Babich was involved to some degree.

aces1180
12-03-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't care 'who' did it. I just know when it happened, and who the head coach was. I'll assume that Babich was involved to some degree.

Babich was also the head coach went Entzin (sp) was trying to get man action in the Omaha park...What he involved in that as well?

TheBisonator
12-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Babich was also the head coach went Entzin (sp) was trying to get man action in the Omaha park...What he involved in that as well?

Why the hell did they ever hire Entzion?? Wasn't he a UND guy to start out with??

Tatanka
12-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Why the hell did they ever hire Entzion?? Wasn't he a UND guy to start out with??

Yes, he was.

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 02:10 AM

I rather doubt that Babich was at the park. I'll assume that he was with the team. I don't think that it's unreasonable to assume that the head coach of a college football team would be involved in deciding how a new uniform would look.

The two have nothing in common...meaning the park incident and the unis...but it would make sense that Entzion was involved in changing to a puke uniform. I mean, to do something that poorly, it had to be a team effort.

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 02:15 AM

That...TheBisonator...is the #1 question. Entzion had a certain affection for UND...and other strange things.

lakesbison
12-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Cabison is 100% correct, our station has these sources as well, you guys are NOT KEEPING YOUR.EYES OPEN.

and.the deck.of,cards NDSU + CHAPMAN has built for D1 athletics will fall and suck us back into fcs/d1 mediocrity , NDSU will be just 1 of the dakota schools,.Instead of the opportunity that was there to RISE UP to a higher level and become an 'IDENTITY'

this is a slap in the.face of all the progress we made and the ATTENTION we got.

its a sad day when the haters bring NDSU back to 'thier' level. and thats what you got, they are in gene's (and rest of.ndsu's coaches head) afraid.their,jobs will be next if the same people that.ran out.chapman can do.that,,,,,what they can do to me?

its bushleague, and low and born of hatred,jealousy..,,,exactly what UND stands for.

those of.you on.here.(aces-pl-bisonator-ndsustudent,etc) you have ZERO clue and live in your,myopic world longing for the yesteryears....,,stay there, be small,
NDSU had a chance to break away,,AND WE THRIVED!!!!

continue that....dont go back, you can never look back.

there, im so mad i cant take.it, if you wanna argue, ill be at jt's.

goodnite.

Da Bison
12-03-2009, 02:30 AM
I like the unis we have today, but I'd rather see the yellow pants on the road.

I'm also in favor of doing a throwback game where we get some new unis that look like the old 80's ones. (Not the old unis themselves, that's bush league.)

If you remember teh U of M wore throwback unis for the 2006 game that looked like high school unis. Very inimpressive.

Facts
12-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Here's my chance... I know I maybe too forward thinking... and I did upgrade my hotel room and car for my honeymoon... but it was my money to spend...*
MAYBE THE FOOTBALL TEAM COULD WEAR YELLOW JERSEY'S!!!! ALL YELLOW!!! Then maybe the crowd would embrace the passive "yellow out" attempts. Am I the only one who wishes we could all just wear the same darn color.

*hopefully sarcastic parallel to forward thinking former leader is esablished

bincitysioux
12-03-2009, 03:43 AM

And on top of all that, we also are behind the spread of swine flu.

Oh lord...........:uhyeah:

56BISON73
12-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Here's my chance... I know I maybe too forward thinking... and I did upgrade my hotel room and car for my honeymoon... but it was my money to spend...*
MAYBE THE FOOTBALL TEAM COULD WEAR YELLOW JERSEY'S!!!! ALL YELLOW!!! Then maybe the crowd would embrace the passive "yellow out" attempts. Am I the only one who wishes we could all just wear the same darn color.

*hopefully sarcastic parallel to forward thinking former leader is esablished

Ever since the coaches started to wear yellow on game day the team has been in the crapper. GO GREEN MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!

CaBisonFan
12-03-2009, 04:47 AM
If you remember teh U of M wore throwback unis for the 2006 game that looked like high school unis. Very inimpressive.

Those were definitely ugly. I thought of it as an insult. MN worked hard at that.

4mcruenomore
12-03-2009, 04:54 AM
I'm looking forward to a USD game, can't wait. Hopefully we win, maybe it will help not to introduce some lame travelling trophy or hyping up a "rivalry", if they do, we lose.

Twentysix
12-03-2009, 07:40 AM
So whens SDSU play UND?

JSUBison
12-03-2009, 11:12 AM
1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

It is not in NDSU's or SDSU's best interest to see USD or the Snakes see positive growth in those categories. Let them schedule NAIA and D3's to their hearts content. Let's watch as their meager attendance drops and they fail to attract recruits. A smaller fan base for UND means a potentially larger NDSU fanbase. I believe many of you are genuine when you want to see a UND game, but think long term. Put NDSU's needs before your own!

And to the point of the Anne Carlson schools we've been playing from the east coast, you can look at it two ways. Either it's after affects of recently obtaining conference membership and just working out scheduling kinks, or else its NDSU following the model that nearly all FBS and FCS schools do. If you don't like playing tomato cans, you better not like it when NDSU plays the role of cupcake to Minnesota, Kansas, etc.

And another thing, I do not believe the few extra thousand dollars temporarily gained by having a couple hundred extra fans for a UND/USD home game outweighs the long term benefits of the above stated goals.

onbison09
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM

This. :nod:

onbison09
12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Ever since the coaches started to wear yellow on game day the team has been in the crapper. GO GREEN MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!

No they wore yellow when we were 10-1 and then they switched to green and messed everything up. :D

aces1180
12-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Those were definitely ugly. I thought of it as an insult. MN worked hard at that.

How is it an insult to wear throwback uniforms? It's something fun they did and the U of M raised a lot of money for their program by selling them after the game.

Seriously, I wonder where you come up with some of these theories.

cvbison1
12-03-2009, 04:52 PM
How is it an insult to wear throwback uniforms? It's something fun they did and the U of M raised a lot of money for their program by selling them after the game.

Seriously, I wonder where you come up with some of these theories.

i think our uniforms now are sweet. especially the road uniforms

80ALUM
12-03-2009, 05:03 PM
And yet in spite of having more alumni their sports do not draw as well as ours. Hmmm. Guess that's why they are more desperate to play us than we are them.

UND oughta be singing our praises. If we had not gone DI first they would have nothing to model their transition on.

Not excited about playing them. Maybe my opinion will change as time goes on.

56BISON73
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM
No they wore yellow when we were 10-1 and then they switched to green and messed everything up. :D

You havent been eating your carrots have you. Either that or you are chronologically challenged. May be both???:D

Amused
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
The way things are going with the number of students each university is graduating, I'd say NDSU is rapidly closing that gap.

If NDSU has 1,000 more students, that would probably be 250 more graduates per year. If the number of alumni is 95,000 and 70,000 as stated previously, I wouldn't consider that "rapidly closing that gap".

TheBisonator
12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
If NDSU has 1,000 more students, that would probably be 250 more graduates per year. If the number of alumni is 95,000 and 70,000 as stated previously, I wouldn't consider that "rapidly closing that gap".

NDSU has more alumni that that, something like 75,000.

IzzyFlexion
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
i think our uniforms now are sweet. especially the road uniforms

I, too, love the road unis.

NDSUguy
12-03-2009, 08:13 PM

1-Enrollment
2-Recruiting
3-Attendence

maybe i'm confused... I thought that the point of moving up was to:

1. get away from a disolving D2
2. improve NDSU in both academics, research and athletics
3. look for ways to get NDSU some national exposure

While I hate UND as much as the next guy, I don't ever recall Joe mentioning UND in any speach when talking about the transition.

UND is already D1. This has not had us taking a decline in enrollment, prestige, etc... UND already has the ability to bring in "big time" schools, play money games, etc... Playing them in sports will not change the current landscape. Now, if UND was still D2, then yes this might make a difference. Since they are in transition, it won't much make a difference.

siouxdgj
12-03-2009, 08:55 PM

While I hate UND as much as the next guy, I don't ever recall Joe mentioning UND in any speach when talking about the transition.

UND is already D1. This has not had us taking a decline in enrollment, prestige, etc... UND already has the ability to bring in "big time" schools, play money games, etc... Playing them in sports will not change the current landscape. Now, if UND was still D2, then yes this might make a difference. Since they are in transition, it won't much make a difference.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Personally, I think NDSU is a tremendous university and a sterling competitor on the athletic field. Since in general NDSU is closer to the population centers than UND is, I would not be surprised if NDSU continues to lead in enrollment. That being said, I see no reason why North Dakota cannot continue to have two excellent major research universities in the state and have both continue to thrive. I don't think it's a matter of if one succeeds then the other must necessarily fail. It appears, however, there are some who are apparently arguing that way. I guess that's their prerogative. Who am I to argue?

backpages
12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. Personally, I think NDSU is a tremendous university and a sterling competitor on the athletic field. Since in general NDSU is closer to the population centers than UND is, I would not be surprised if NDSU continues to lead in enrollment. That being said, I see no reason why North Dakota cannot continue to have two excellent major research universities in the state and have both continue to thrive. I don't think it's a matter of if one succeeds then the other must necessarily fail. It appears, however, there are some who are apparently arguing that way. I guess that's their prerogative. Who am I to argue?

A very intelligent and well thought out post. That is very refreshing to read compared to a lot of the crap that is posted on here with grade school level grammar, spelling and sentences structure. As a proud NDSU graduate I am ashamed, at times, at the level of diction that is posted here. Thank you. You are a credit to our fine neighbors to the north.

PS: We have UND grads flying Black Hawk and Apache helicopters over here. They are among the best in the world!

IzzyFlexion
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
A very intelligent and well thought out post. That is very refreshing to read compared to a lot of the crap that is posted on here with grade school level grammar, spelling and sentences structure. As a proud NDSU graduate I am ashamed, at times, at the level of diction that is posted here. Thank you. You are a credit to our fine neighbors to the north.

PS: We have UND grads flying Black Hawk and Apache helicopters over here. They are among the best in the world!

The UND Fighting Apaches?
....................Dammit, that's not gonna work either!

NDSUguy
12-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Please see the negative rep that i got from lakes....

12-03-2009 03:35 PM lakesbison WHatever.. und IS A CANCER, FOLLOWERS AND ASsHOLES

Seriously... why do we let this guy post on here????????

LaKES, GEt OvER YOURSelF!!!! YOu're a F'N IDIOT!

devin45k
12-03-2009, 09:28 PM

12-03-2009 03:35 PM lakesbison WHatever.. und IS A CANCER, FOLLOWERS AND ASsHOLES

He is entertaining and doesn't like UND or SDSU. Why should we get rid of him?

bisonmike2
12-03-2009, 09:29 PM

Your post makes entirely too much sense. Therefore it will be completely ignored by Lakes.

Update: I posted the above prior to seeing your Lake neg rep post. Wow.

BlueBisonRock
12-03-2009, 10:07 PM
<Rant on>

He is entertaining and doesn't like UND or SDSU. Why should we get rid of him?

Response to devin45k: Lakes is entitled to his opinions AS ARE other posters on Bisonville. However, He was deservedly put into purgatory because of posts like this rep comment. He is showing disrespect to another poster via the rep capability. I can only respect his opinions as far as he respects others. I endorse the approach recommended by another member of this forum: "One should only make a statement that they would have in a face to face discussion!"

Response to those who wonder why Lakes remains in pergatory . . .
1) I have unsuccessfuly attempted to support a 'less structured' approach for his posts in the past.
2) Responses like this neg rep will only serve to keep him in the cage.

Response to Lakes: Please get your crap together as I along with a number of others would like to have you become a contributing member to Bisonville. You have a lot of good comments and lines of thought that can go a long way. However, I understand and support the approach taken by the Angry Elf and the Bisonville mods due to these type of outbursts.

Comment to NDSUguy: I did plus rep you for your original comment. It was well thought out and presented. Keep your contributions coming.

<Rant off>

56BISON73
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM

Welcome to the club. LOL:D

Gave you + rep to make up for the malcontent.

OrygunBison
12-03-2009, 10:53 PM
WTF??? Are you all gay? Half of this thread is bitching about the color of the unis. What the hell is wrong with BV these days??? Some of you aren't happy unless there's something to complain about.

I should just probably stay away from the FB Forum for a few months, I guess...

lakesbison
12-03-2009, 11:01 PM
WHOA. SO I PM people and NEG REP THEM?

put me in jail, yea, that makes sense.

what a bunch of babies you guys are "PL bison is #1, ndsu guy is up there now"

I didnt post that on the BOARD, because it was a PM to specifically you and not everyone, so all of you can keep posting my PM to public... how classy of you..

and you cant DEBATE my facts with what I said.

so who's the idiots?

admin
12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Cabison is 100% correct, our station has these sources as well, you guys are NOT KEEPING YOUR.EYES OPEN.

and.the deck.of,cards NDSU + CHAPMAN has built for D1 athletics will fall and suck us back into fcs/d1 mediocrity , NDSU will be just 1 of the dakota schools,.Instead of the opportunity that was there to RISE UP to a higher level and become an 'IDENTITY'

this is a slap in the.face of all the progress we made and the ATTENTION we got.

its a sad day when the haters bring NDSU back to 'thier' level. and thats what you got, they are in gene's (and rest of.ndsu's coaches head) afraid.their,jobs will be next if the same people that.ran out.chapman can do.that,,,,,what they can do to me?

its bushleague, and low and born of hatred,jealousy..,,,exactly what UND stands for.

those of.you on.here.(aces-pl-bisonator-ndsustudent,etc) you have ZERO clue and live in your,myopic world longing for the yesteryears....,,stay there, be small,
NDSU had a chance to break away,,AND WE THRIVED!!!!

continue that....dont go back, you can never look back.

there, im so mad i cant take.it, if you wanna argue, ill be at jt's.

goodnite.

Lakes really wanted this post approved. Apparently he thinks it is his best work yet. It was kind of teetering on the brink of going into the pile of 70+ posts that have been deleted from him in the last month but he thought it was important to get this out here. Really important.

TheBisonator
12-03-2009, 11:15 PM

I agree as well. We appreciate your respect.:)

You, Shawn-O and bincitysioux are some of the good Sioux fans.

56BISON73
12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Lakes really wanted this post approved. Apparently he thinks it is his best work yet. It was kind of teetering on the brink of going into the pile of 70+ posts that have been deleted from him in the last month but he thought it was important to get this out here. Really important.

. :D You should have gone with your first instinct.

onbison09
12-03-2009, 11:32 PM
You havent been eating your carrots have you. Either that or you are chronologically challenged. May be both???:D

You are right. I am an idiot. I suck. They switched to yellow and messed it up. Sorry for the thread jack. Carry on. And I don't think UND's going to get national recognition for football (and neither will me unless we pull an Appy over Michigan IMO:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:) Sadly most fans just don't follow FCS. I think the basketball run gave us more national pub than anything football has done. The vast majority of the people I have talked about UND sports who have never been to GF knew the hockey team. My point is that I don't think playing UND is going to give them a huge advantage over us. Sure being on FSN will help them but I don't think a kid's going to commit there just because they were on FSN.

aces1180
12-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Sweet! I got a shout out from Lakes about having no clue! Golly, I sure feel dumb now! :hide:

For some reason, I think NDSU will be just fine. :nod:

roadwarrior
12-04-2009, 01:23 AM

56BISON73
12-04-2009, 01:28 AM
You are right. I am an idiot. I suck. They switched to yellow and messed it up. Sorry for the thread jack. Carry on. And I don't think UND's going to get national recognition for football (and neither will me unless we pull an Appy over Michigan IMO:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:) Sadly most fans just don't follow FCS. I think the basketball run gave us more national pub than anything football has done. The vast majority of the people I have talked about UND sports who have never been to GF knew the hockey team. My point is that I don't think playing UND is going to give them a huge advantage over us. Sure being on FSN will help them but I don't think a kid's going to commit there just because they were on FSN.

Easy there guy dont be so hard on yourself :D
I just happen to remember all of the "we should wear yellow bs" and how the coaches need to wear yellow etc blah blah blah. and then the coaching staff changed to yellow shirts the next year.

One rule of sports---if you are on a streak you change NOTHING. Like Yellow was going to make them play better?????:D

Facts
12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Apparently there are some on this board who view our relationship with und like this:
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PRO1098.jpg
und (left), NDSU (right)
He may be "alittle" unpolished in His presentation, but I think Lakes' opinion of und is somewhat justified given D1 transition history. Remember, NDSU opted for D1 and und laughed in our faces. Their transition to D1 IMHO is hypocracy at its finest. As Lakes has eluded, any game with und, whether now or later, would benefit und more than NDSU. I agree. You won't see me holding her hand on the beach.

PS. SCREAM YELLOW! ;)

siouxdgj
12-04-2009, 03:09 PM
First off, a sincere thank you to backpages and TheBisonator for their inspring and kind words. Also, a special thank you to the courageous men and women in the military who are daily putting their lives on hold and on the line to help protect this great country of ours. Also, Lakes, don't despair. After all, even football dynasties such as Nebraska, Notre Dame and Michigan, especially in the 1950s, all suffered droughts to a certain extent. So it can happen to any football program in the nation. I guarantee you that NDSU will be back and stronger than ever. What I don't see is your incessant need to keep knocking UND. Knocking down UND isn't going to help NDSU in the long run. It appears to me there is plenty of room for both universities to succeed. Success for one doesn't have to mean failture for the other. Believe in humanity. Have faith. Life doesn't need to be a roller-coaster--unless you want it to be.

lakesbison
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Well, NDSU=VALLEYFAIR

UND= PEMBINA COUNTY FAIR

Valleyfair doesnt need to 'SUBSIDIZE' pemina so THEY can diversify thier 'pig lot' aka hockey.

i am loud and adamant about.this because in.the media,.there is NO ONE out there for NDSU. .heitkemp,mcfooly,ch 4+11-15 even the forum(they own the herald, so DUH they want it) - theSBOHE the lawmakers in bismarck,etc.

NDSU dont need to HELP THEM!!

overquota
12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
First off, a sincere thank you to backpages and TheBisonator for their inspring and kind words. Also, a special thank you to the courageous men and women in the military who are daily putting their lives on hold and on the line to help protect this great country of ours. Also, Lakes, don't despair. After all, even football dynasties such as Nebraska, Notre Dame and Michigan, especially in the 1950s, all suffered droughts to a certain extent. So it can happen to any football program in the nation. I guarantee you that NDSU will be back and stronger than ever. What I don't see is your incessant need to keep knocking UND. Knocking down UND isn't going to help NDSU in the long run. It appears to me there is plenty of room for both universities to succeed. Success for one doesn't have to mean failture for the other. Believe in humanity. Have faith. Life doesn't need to be a roller-coaster--unless you want it to be.

I have not been a proponent of rescheduling the Sioux, but siouxdgj does have a point. Plus most of the University mgmt involved in the jump from Dll to FCS are now gone. Just make sure we do not schedule U of Mary!

tony
12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
He may be "alittle" unpolished in His presentation, but I think Lakes' opinion of und is somewhat justified given D1 transition history. Remember, NDSU opted for D1 and und laughed in our faces. Their transition to D1 IMHO is hypocracy at its finest. As Lakes has eluded, any game with und, whether now or later, would benefit und more than NDSU. I agree. You won't see me holding her hand on the beach.

PS. SCREAM YELLOW! ;)

Yes, UND's coaches, administrators, media outlets, etc. were absolute jerks when NDSU went DI - spiteful, mocking, envious jerks. How did that work out for them again? Why make the same mistake they did?

Soon the only reason for not scheduling UND will be spite and revenge. That's not what NDSU should be about* and I hope it's not UND's modus operandi anymore either. Get them on the schedule and pound them so bad that they buy out the return trip to Grand Forks. Now that's a plan!

* Until Lakes becomes President, that is

KC Bison
12-04-2009, 05:28 PM
This thread can die any time. Why was a thread started (even if it was in the smack section) who's only purpose was to blast an individual. There are plenty of us that never want to see und get on an equal footing with NDSU again. Now you all can neg rep me.

Facts
12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, UND's coaches, administrators, media outlets, etc. were absolute jerks when NDSU went DI - spiteful, mocking, envious jerks. How did that work out for them again? Why make the same mistake they did?
Soon the only reason for not scheduling UND will be spite and revenge. That's not what NDSU should be about* and I hope it's not UND's modus operandi anymore either. Get them on the schedule and pound them so bad that they buy out the return trip to Grand Forks. Now that's a plan!

* Until Lakes becomes President, that is

Agreed, NDSU shouldn't be petty like und. I am not against playing them in due time. All I'm saying is I agree with Lake's take that the game would be far more beneficial to und than NDSU.

I think you can agree Tony that the ridicule of the transition, as you mentioned above, runs deep. Maybe the levelheaded unddj could provide his take on und's handling of NDSU's transition, and explain the hypocracy (that is doing exactly what you originally mocked). No und fan has ever been able to explain that one to me.

tony
12-04-2009, 05:51 PM
I think you can agree Tony that the ridicule of the transition, as you mentioned above, runs deep.

Yeah, it really ticked me off at the time but don't forget that UND ended up getting hurt a lot worse by their behavior than NDSU did. Act big, be big. Act small, be small.