PDA

View Full Version : Vikes-Cards

sambini
12-02-2009, 02:44 AM
I have a few friends going down to Phoenix for the game. Should be a few Vikings fans down there.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2009, 02:50 AM
if its anything like last year, it was like 60-40 cards...now that the vikes are even better..it might be even closer. lots of vikes fans out there...crazy snowbirds

EndZoneQB
12-02-2009, 03:06 AM
I almost hope Warner is playing, he's not exactly elusive in the pocket. Whoever starts should see a lot of the ceiling!

We killed them last year in a coming out party for Tjack. Bobby Wade had his career long TD catch, altho Rod Hood is no longer there.

lakesbison
12-02-2009, 03:45 AM
lakes WAS going, until the PATRIOTS LOST!!! ill wait for cinci. burgandy & slick know what im talking about. ARGH............

ndsubison1
12-02-2009, 05:17 AM
my uncle is a huge vikings fan living in phoenix he will likely be there

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2009, 05:46 AM
vikes will roll.

this offense looks like a juggarnaut. every little bit as explosive as new orleans. its really unreal how many players have more than 30 catches, have more then 4 receiving td's, have more then 500 receiving yards etc.

all in all while we have the nfc's leading rusher whos goin to score like 19 td's this year along with 1600 yards...

who the hell do you sell out to??

HandoEX
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Is Winfield finally back for this one?

bisonmike2
12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
anyone know how the Card D is this year? I'm looking to start Favre over Rodgers this week. I'm not crazy about Rodgers matchup against Baltimore.

HandoEX
12-02-2009, 03:32 PM
anyone know how the Card D is this year? I'm looking to start Favre over Rodgers this week. I'm not crazy about Rodgers matchup against Baltimore.

Arizona's pass defense sucks! They're like 30th in the league.

bisonmike2
12-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Arizona's pass defense sucks! They're like 30th in the league.

sweet. I'll start Favre for the first time in my FFL and this will be the game that he goes 10-22 110 yards and 3 int's.

ThunderDan
12-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Unless Favre gets hurt or throws 3 ints, this should be a blowout.
Jared Allen should get 2 sacks....rope the calf baby!!!
That being said, if theres one thing I've learned in my life, its NEVER PUT TOO MUCH FAITH IN THE VIKINGS!! they will let you down again and again.

bisonmike2
12-07-2009, 05:42 AM
normally this is where I would say "welcome back to earth Vikings fans" or "hey, now that's the QB I remember playing for the Packers a couple of years ago" but this is the first week I started Favre over Rodgers in my league. The only frickin' game I wanted him to do well in and he throws 2 pics. Thanks dick. You just can't stop bending over this Packer fan can ya?

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
holy (enter any cuss word you want).

that was a damn buzzsaw tonight. i totally whiffed my pregame "analysis"

but not to sounds like im making excuses...i dont think indy nor new orleans could've beat that arizona team tonight. they played flawless.

ndsubison1
12-07-2009, 06:40 AM
yep arizona looked pretty solid tonight... normally this is where you see the "haves" and "have nots" in the NFL as teams come down the December stretch and see which teams are for real. (dont get me wrong vikings fans im not necessarily saying you're not for real, just stating this where we see the real teams start to perform. i guess time will tell though)

HandoEX
12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
yep arizona looked pretty solid tonight... normally this is where you see the "haves" and "have nots" in the NFL as teams come down the December stretch and see which teams are for real. (dont get me wrong vikings fans im not necessarily saying you're not for real, just stating this where we see the real teams start to perform. i guess time will tell though)

What about Arizona last year about this time in the season? The Vikings destroyed them and New England beat them by like 50 and they went on to almost win the Super Bowl. The Giants didn't show that they were "haves" when they finished the last couple months playing .500 ball and things turned out ok for them;)

I don't really care about losing this game. Losing EJ is an unbeleivable blow to the team.

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I think the injuries on the O line are hurting the Vikes more than we realize. Favre had huge pressure on him all night. And.....that AZ D was up for the game. Tough loss, but probably some good experience for those backups on the line. I still say we will see the Vikes playing for the NFC title and likelyin the Superbowl!

Shawn-O
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM
What about Arizona last year about this time in the season? The Vikings destroyed them and New England beat them by like 50 and they went on to almost win the Super Bowl. The Giants didn't show that they were "haves" when they finished the last couple months playing .500 ball and things turned out ok for them;)

I don't really care about losing this game. Losing EJ is an unbeleivable blow to the team.

Totally agree with you about Henderson. Favre shaking his head as they wheeled EJ off in the cart said all that needed to be said.

Green-N-Gold
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Unless Favre gets hurt or throws 3 ints, this should be a blowout.
Jared Allen should get 2 sacks....rope the calf baby!!!
That being said, if theres one thing I've learned in my life, its NEVER PUT TOO MUCH FAITH IN THE VIKINGS!! they will let you down again and again.

I didn't see ANY of the Brokeback Mountain sack dances last night. Cards O- line dominated.

The tone of KFAN from Friday: "could this be the best NFL team ever" sure changed this morning.

bisonmike2
12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
I didn't see ANY of the Brokeback Mountain sack dances last night. Cards O- line dominated.

The tone of KFAN from Friday: "could this be the best NFL team ever" sure changed this morning.

Consider this phrase stolen. Awesome.

RedRiver
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey, it's December and the vikings true colors will come out. I don't think the blow-out last night will be their last loss of the year. Some of their weakness that have been under exposed because of easy schedule and good health will start to show up here late in the year.

bisonmike2
12-07-2009, 04:16 PM
This loss could have come at the perfect time for the Vikes. It could be a reality check for them that allows them to settle in for a playoff run. But the loss of E.J. could really hurt them. They're also starting to get dinged up in other places too.

RowdyRabbit
12-07-2009, 06:02 PM
http://prod.static.vikings.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/team/ej-leg.jpg

OWE!

ndsubison1
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Henderson career = over??? Gotta feel bad for the guy

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2009, 09:40 PM
It was awful when EJ injured that knee. I would not be surprised if his carreer is done. Bummer.

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Consider this phrase stolen. Awesome.
why would you taunt allen? he owns the pack

BisonNolesFan77
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
It was awful when EJ injured that knee. I would not be surprised if his carreer is done. Bummer.

Knee? He broke his femur...it doesn't sound as if there was any ligament damage in the knee, which if there is any good in it, would be it. Just for reference, the player in this video, broke his femur in 2007, and he was playing again in 2009. Granted, it's not the NFL, but he was his teams leading rusher this season. Warning, it's not a pleasent video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVIh_vpPDo

But, Childress did say that surgery was successful. Gotta feel bad for him, he was just starting to play in his '07 form, and now this. Best of luck to him in recovery and I hope he sees the field again, but the NFL is a cut throat business.

ThunderDan
12-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey, I guess I learned never to count on the Vikings for a win, every game is a tossup with them. They will be ok though. They played horrible and had a wake up call. Now they know they are not king of the hill and will have to work their butts off to make their superbowl dreams come true. I'm real worried about losing EJ though, that could be the difference maker in the season. He was the leader of the defense at MLB and now hes being replaced by a rookie...can't be good.
I think the vikes will lose one more game, probably to the Bears at Chicago for the Monday night game.

BisonAccountant44
12-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey, I guess I learned never to count on the Vikings for a win, every game is a tossup with them. They will be ok though. They played horrible and had a wake up call. Now they know they are not king of the hill and will have to work their butts off to make their superbowl dreams come true. I'm real worried about losing EJ though, that could be the difference maker in the season. He was the leader of the defense at MLB and now hes being replaced by a rookie...can't be good.
I think the vikes will lose one more game, probably to the Bears at Chicago for the Monday night game.

Losing to the Bears this year, would be worse than had they lost to the Lions last year IMHO. The only way I see it happening is if we rest everyone because we're guaranteed the #2 seed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see losses against either/both the Bengles & Giants though.

tcbison
12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
normally this is where I would say "welcome back to earth Vikings fans" or "hey, now that's the QB I remember playing for the Packers a couple of years ago" but this is the first week I started Favre over Rodgers in my league. The only frickin' game I wanted him to do well in and he throws 2 pics. Thanks dick. You just can't stop bending over this Packer fan can ya?

First rule in fantasy football is to not have any Vikings players on your team. Since you already broke that simple rule, you must now sacrifice your fantasy football season and start Favre for the rest of the year.