PDA

View Full Version : GDT: NDSU vs Green Bay

TheBisonator
11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Bison host Green Bay tonight at 7:00 pm. I will not be able to be there, cause I'm in Minneapolis.:( Probably an empty student section tonight, so the locals will have to make some noise. Green Bay has 2 DI wins already, against Samford and at Kent State. They also beat Northern Michigan, a D2 team. They have the potential to make some noise in the Horizon League this year. We need to bring our A-game tonight. Tipoff in a little over 3 hours as of this post.

Go Bison!!!

HandoEX
11-27-2009, 08:55 PM
This will be a good test for the Bison. UW-GB is a solid team is a good mid-major conference. Looking forward to it! GO BISON!!!

NDSUDude
11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Bison host Green Bay tonight at 7:00 pm. I will not be able to be there, cause I'm in Minneapolis.:( Probably an empty student section tonight, so the locals will have to make some noise. Green Bay has 2 DI wins already, against Samford and at Kent State. They also beat Northern Michigan, a D2 team. They have the potential to make some noise in the Horizon League this year. We need to bring our A-game tonight. Tipoff in a little over 3 hours as of this post.

Go Bison!!!

GAME TIME IS 7:30 NOT 7:00

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 12:37 AM
The audio being behind the video on GoBison is pretty annoying...

SDbison
11-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Isn't UW-GB Horizon League? How is it we have a Horizon officiating crew for our home game.....WTF? That is screwed up.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 12:46 AM
8-7 Bison with 13 left.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 12:49 AM
11:28 left, 9-8 GB.

Looks like a good crowd tonight.

BTW, awesome win for the ladies!!

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 12:56 AM
There's a lid on the rim.

15-10 GB with 7:47 left in the 1st

VanClubPres
11-28-2009, 12:58 AM
huge block aaberg!!

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Aaberg is the MAN tonight.

22-19 GB with 3:59 left

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Are there ANY Bison fans following this game??

Maybe I shouldn't start game threads??:confused:

Gully
11-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Are there ANY Bison fans following this game??

Maybe I shouldn't start game threads??:confused:

I'm reading the posts, just not listening or watching so I can't chime in.

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 01:08 AM
I could get used to Zastrow dishing to Aaberg!

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Best player on the court tonight: Jordan Aaberg.

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Is Aaber pronounced like "Ah-berg" or "Ay-berg"? I've heard both, but which is right?

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Is Aaber pronounced like "Ah-berg" or "Ay-berg"? I've heard both, but which is right?

Everyone I know says "Ahh-Berg".

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:12 AM
27-24 Green Bay leads at the half.

Hopefully we'll shoot better in the 2nd.

Looks like there could be upwards of 4,000 at the BSA tonight, from watching the webcast. Depends on if the student section is empty.

Gully
11-28-2009, 01:12 AM
This team is going to be fun to watch. I'm sure there will be growing pains but they should be pretty competitive by tourney time. See you in Sioux Falls.

NDSUFREAK
11-28-2009, 01:16 AM
keep the updates coming!!

VanClubPres
11-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Dang almost a chance for the freerthrow contest. Pretty sure I woulda got a ascholly after they saw my handywork. :)

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:34 AM
38-34 GB with 15 and a half left.

Tviedt is heating up a little bit.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:44 AM
47-40 GB with 11:12 left, but Bison will shoot 2.

Da Bison
11-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Bison now down 49-44. Tweedt & Aaberg ard looking good. Flowers is a huge liability (brutal)

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 01:52 AM
Game slipping away now. 55-45 GB with 7:40 left. Green Bay getting lucky on a couple occasions.

Bisonsister
11-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Now is the time for a run. Got to cut down on the turnovers though. Seems like every time we get a stop, we just give it right back to them.

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
2,672 official attendance.

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 01:57 AM
We can win this with free throws...

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 01:58 AM
But we can't have dumb fouls.

NDSUmulligan
11-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Tveidt fouls out.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Bison down by 10 with 4 and a half left. Not looking good.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:04 AM
61-53 GB with 4:04 left.

Zastrow is money from the charity stripe.

VanClubPres
11-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Thought tvwedt was gonna get a technical when fould out on garbage call #127. Grrrrr

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:07 AM
GB is heating up from the field now.

We can't stop them.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:09 AM
142 seconds left, Bison down by 11.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:13 AM
66-57 GB with 1:38 left.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Green Bay's a really good team. VERY physical. The Horizon could get 3 bids this year. Cleveland State, Butler and GB will be the top 3.

mgbison
11-28-2009, 02:14 AM
aaberg, zastrow and felt should all 3 start. Vaughan should only play the point when needed. i get nervous every time he puts the ball on the floor.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Bison lose 70-62.

Note: Flowers is starting to make his free throws. We need to USE him inside more and make opponents play Hack-a-Dejuan. Maybe put Flowers and Aaberg in simultaneously. That may provide a spark for us. Maybe we need to play big ball more often.

TheBisonator
11-28-2009, 02:21 AM
aaberg, zastrow and felt should all 3 start. Vaughan should only play the point when needed. i get nervous every time he puts the ball on the floor.

Felt hasn't shown me a goddamned thing. I don't think I have watched him actually make a shot. Flowers and Aaberg should be in together.

ILBISON
11-28-2009, 02:26 AM
vaughn 1-13 and 36 minutes? what the hell saul!
felt 0-7 those 2 shouldnt of touched the court the 2nd half, i am worried about this team, its just not happening, start coaching.

Twentysix
11-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Pfft Zastrow Felt Tveidt Aaberg and Goose.

Goose is doing alot better than dejaun in every game i watched this year.

Carlson Aaberg and Tveidt are definatly the 3 best on the team. Not in that order.

^^ i mean right now.

Jdubs21
11-28-2009, 02:43 AM
just got back from the game, kinda what i expected outta this team at this point in the season...we should improve and get better chemistry as the season progresses

Twentysix
11-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Greenbay didnt seem very good to me at the game.

We just sucked thats all. There were a handful of terrible calls. more there way than ours but it wasnt one sided.

Mr. Burgundy
11-28-2009, 03:17 AM
I would like to thank the bald ref from the Horizon League for completely SUCKING tonight. Seriously, we came to watch the players play...not you blow. Literally. They were a better team, but the refs stole all momentum from the game, just not fun to watch.

Jordan Aaberg. Any questions? The kid was the best player on the court for a while. He had 10 pts, 5 rebs and 4 blocks at halftime and we had to watch the lethargic Dejuan Flowers start the second half like he didn't give a damn. I am so sick of him taking over at times (ORU game last year) and then being HORRIBLE like tonight. We are significantly better with Jordan and Sam playing together in the post.

Vaughn...WOW...what a bad night. Couldn't find the rim. I would like to see alot more of Drew Lundberg. He gave us a spark at Davis last week and is better than the human reach in, Austin Pennick. Losing 30 minutes per game in Freddie Coleman was huge in a game like this. Their guard were experienced and athletic. Nate can get to any part of the court on his own. WHen he turns his body into a Ben Woodside body, he will be solid. He is gonna struggle finishing until he gets more strenght.

Carlson and Tveidt are the legit starters on this team. Felt is one dimensional for now and needs to work his butt off on defense to keep his minutes up.

I have no problem losing to a team that is better than us, older than us and when we have a freshman have a coming out party. He ends up with 12, 8 and 6 blocks in 19 minutes? That is amazing. 5-6 from the field. Kid should start as he gives us the most complete post player on the roster. His development from last year is absolutely amazing.

If you imagine Jordan and Marshall Bjorkland in the post next year, with Trayvonne Wright and Eric Carlson at the 3/4....we suddenly have the longest most athletic big man group in years. More minutes from Nagel, it will be a fun group.

Mr. Burgundy
11-28-2009, 03:37 AM
3-21 from 3 point range....and we had 21 offensive rebounds. If we could even make 7 of 21 the game is different. Just a horrible couple of shooting games at home from the Bison.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-28-2009, 03:47 AM
I have to agree with a lot of things you said there Burgundy! Flowers just isn't doing it he'll play one game and take a few off then decide to play again. Those refs were pathetic No Goaltending or how bout the charge on Tveidt in the 1st half.

I'll give GB credit they kept being physical and are extremely quick! One thing I didn't like and I've seen it in previous games was Vaughan getting a non call then looks at the ref like he's all mad. It seems to me Vaughan forces up a lot of shot. Also, we need to work on our in-bounding its terrible we have a hard time getting the ball in, I'm not a fan of Zastrow throwing it in, its hard for him to get the ball to the bigs or over other players.

Aaberg WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! Thank you for choosing NDSU, you'll be an amazing player in the future and you're a good player now, add on another 25-35 pounds and you'll be a monster down low, he was finishing a lot better and when he goes up with a shot he keeps the ball up high so other players can't knock it away as easy! Zastrow and Felt are slowly getting better on Defense I saw some streaks where they were good and some where you could tell they were freshmen. Tveidt well he's Tveidt, struggled early but when he was on he kept shooting the ball with confidence and that last foul (5th foul) was complete BS. Carlson loves to drive to the rim whenever he gets a chance. Goose is doing what he's being asked to and like Burgundy said I think we got a better shot with having Aaberg and Goose in there, both try everytime they're in there.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-28-2009, 03:48 AM
3-21 from 3 point range....and we had 21 offensive rebounds. If we could even make 7 of 21 the game is different. Just a horrible couple of shooting games at home from the Bison.

yeah I agree somewhat, there were some 3's at the end that were forced because we needed them and a few early on that were forced 3pt shots, but yeah for the most part they were hitting 3's and we weren't making them.

99Bison
11-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Quick thoughts from tonight...
Frosh will be fine, do we really, really think Felt is any/that much worse on D than Pennick and/or Vaughn, really? Z gets bigger/stronger in off season he'll be fine. Would love to see them all get more consistent time to be able to get into the flow of the game. They actually move like BB players.

Vaughn, um... too bad I didn't see Utah Valley game, because the rest look like he's in the wrong gym playing on the wrong team, if it aint workin don't force it... run the offense... sorry man just bad. Flowers also poor from these few games so far. Goose was just fine.

"Pfft Zastrow Felt Tveidt Aaberg and Goose."
>> Yea what he said

NDSUstudent
11-28-2009, 03:54 AM
The way Tveidt fouled out was a crime, three ticky-tack garbage calls. I am still surprised Saul was able to contain himself.

Flowers minutes need to be way reduced, Aaberg's increased. I'm sick of Dejuan, you are a senior and you make some terrible decisions with the ball. He had two wide open 10 foot jumpers, he doesn't shoot them and instead travels.

Saul also needs to get Zastrow going(specifically driving to the basket), if he is on, our offense is so much better since JV can move to the two.

SlickVic
11-28-2009, 04:39 AM
I have to agree with a lot of things you said there Burgundy! Flowers just isn't doing it he'll play one game and take a few off then decide to play again. Those refs were pathetic No Goaltending or how bout the charge on Tveidt in the 1st half.

I'll give GB credit they kept being physical and are extremely quick! One thing I didn't like and I've seen it in previous games was Vaughan getting a non call then looks at the ref like he's all mad. It seems to me Vaughan forces up a lot of shot. Also, we need to work on our in-bounding its terrible we have a hard time getting the ball in, I'm not a fan of Zastrow throwing it in, its hard for him to get the ball to the bigs or over other players.

Aaberg WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! Thank you for choosing NDSU, you'll be an amazing player in the future and you're a good player now, add on another 25-35 pounds and you'll be a monster down low, he was finishing a lot better and when he goes up with a shot he keeps the ball up high so other players can't knock it away as easy! Zastrow and Felt are slowly getting better on Defense I saw some streaks where they were good and some where you could tell they were freshmen. Tveidt well he's Tveidt, struggled early but when he was on he kept shooting the ball with confidence and that last foul (5th foul) was complete BS. Carlson loves to drive to the rim whenever he gets a chance. Goose is doing what he's being asked to and like Burgundy said I think we got a better shot with having Aaberg and Goose in there, both try everytime they're in there.

de jaun!!!!!!!!! sounds like me go ill go to work one day and take a few days off th next..the life agent zero put that on bravo asap emmy awards like the blenders baby

DIBISON
11-28-2009, 05:20 AM
We lost, but why wouldn't we when your guards shoot 1-20, make 3-21 on the threes, and shoot 33% overall. I think it is a positive that it was even a game with shooting like that.

If Saul can get one more guard to sign the future is very bright. As some of you have said, two years down the road with Aaberg, Carlson, and the two incoming recruits, the Bison will be dancing!!

Aaberg will be a high-major big-time player in the future, no wonder Saul smiles every time someone talks aout him.

Kermit
11-28-2009, 05:31 AM
..we had to watch the lethargic Dejuan Flowers start the second half like he didn't give a damn. I am so sick of him taking over at times (ORU game last year) and then being HORRIBLE like tonight. We are significantly better with Jordan and Sam playing together in the post.

Flowers has only occasionally played hard since he arrived at NDSU. Unacceptable. If he can't give a consistent effort he needs to sit.

Kermit
11-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Saul also needs to get Zastrow going(specifically driving to the basket), if he is on, our offense is so much better since JV can move to the two.

Agree with this. Also agree with Burgundy that Lundberg needs a longer look. I didn't see tonight's game, but by all accounts JV was BAD. That said, some people are being way to hard on him. He is NOT a point guard, his best moments of the past couple years were as a 2/3. He does a lot of little things for the team. He is leading the team in minutes (despite a sprained ankle), assists and steals. He is second in REBOUNDING! He is one of two or three guys on this team (Zastrow, maybe Tveidt) who can bring the ball up the floor against pressure. He is a VERY streaky shooter who has had a couple of terrible shooting games, but he will shoot better. He is being asked to do some things that he may not be ideally suited for because of the makeup of this team--that's not his fault. I see him as a very good role player who will do whatever is asked of him.

JacksFan06
11-28-2009, 02:41 PM
GoBison needs to fix their Box Scores/Season Stats. Unless it's the browser I'm using, it's next to impossible to try and get any info. All the numbers just run into each other and it looks like a garbled mess.

roadwarrior
11-28-2009, 02:52 PM
GoBison needs to fix their Box Scores/Season Stats. Unless it's the browser I'm using, it's next to impossible to try and get any info. All the numbers just run into each other and it looks like a garbled mess.

Thank you for your interest in Bison athletics. The functions work just fine from my computer.

SDbison
11-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Thought tvwedt was gonna get a technical when fould out on garbage call #127. Grrrrr
This is what we get when NDSU makes deals with non-conference teams to play in our house. Did anyone notice the officials for last nights game were from the Horizon League? Why is that? Cause they request it during the negotiations....apparently a 2 for 1 with two games at their place wasn't enough. Kind of takes any home court advantage away. Before Indywhatever gets on here defending how officials never have bias and all that crap, it wouldn't have mattered last night the way the Bison were shooting. But, how would it have been to lose a close game because some ref swallowed his whistle.......remember K-State?

HandoEX
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Can someone explain to me why they would only sell me admission for both the WBB and MBB games even though the WBB was over? Why weren't they selling single game tickets for people that were only going to the mens' game? That pissed me off:mad:

99Bison
11-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Can someone explain to me why they would only sell me admission for both the WBB and MBB games even though the WBB was over? Why weren't they selling single game tickets for people that were only going to the mens' game? That pissed me off:mad:

Huh, why pissed off... The ticket price was single game ticket price.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM

the ticket was $18? I don't think a single game is $18 is it?

HandoEX
11-28-2009, 06:54 PM

I checked on GoBison yesterday afternoon. The men's game single ticket price was $12 and the package price for MBB and WBB was $18. I went to the ticket booth to purchase tickets and the lady told me they were only selling package tickets for both games, and the package price was $6/ticket above the normal MBB ticket price. I couldn't buy the normal $12 ticket, only the package. I'm not paying an extra $6 a ticket to watch a game that was over when I showed up. Pretty ridiculous.

56BISON73
11-28-2009, 07:17 PM
I checked on GoBison yesterday afternoon. The men's game single ticket price was $12 and the package price for MBB and WBB was $18. I went to the ticket booth to purchase tickets and the lady told me they were only selling package tickets for both games, and the package price was $6/ticket above the normal MBB ticket price. I couldn't buy the normal $12 ticket, only the package. I'm not paying an extra $6 a ticket to watch a game that was over when I showed up. Pretty ridiculous.

Call Josh at the ticket office.

SlickVic
11-28-2009, 07:28 PM

its just like my uncle says always remember these words and live by them proper prior planning prevents poor performance ;)

99Bison
11-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Call Josh at the ticket office.

Yea... I bought a kids ticket for $5 at the door during the womens game.

ndsubison1
11-28-2009, 11:08 PM
I wish Saul would put Flowers at the 4 more. Playing the 5 he doesn't get the greatest match-ups going against guys bigger than him. That also may have a little bit to do with his anemic offensive game. I'd like to see him play the 4 more because he's mobile and athletic enough to guard other 4's. That being said he seems to have no effort at times and because of this Aaberg should start over him until otherwise. Flowers is still a pretty good defender and rebounder and we do need him for that.

As for the freshmen, hard for me to get on Felt or Zastrow. Remember they're just freshmen. They're going to make mistakes and they're going to be inconsistent and struggle at times. As for Aaberg, hell of a performance last night. What a statline. He's going to be something for us. Blocks record could be broken by the end of next season