PDA

View Full Version : Leading scorer...

Mr_Meanor
11-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Who do you think the leading scorer will be at seasons end??

I'm going to say Carlson

TheBisonator
11-25-2009, 04:02 AM
I've got my money on Vaughan right now.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2009, 04:03 AM
I still think Tveidt, he is our most consistent player but Carlson is starting to put it together.

Mr_Meanor
11-25-2009, 04:06 AM
I still think Tveidt, he is our most consistent player but Carlson is starting to put it together.

Tveidt will be up there too. I think it will be close between Carlson and Tveidt. Both should be around the 15-17 per game. But I give the nod to Carlson since I think he will develope more as the season goes along.

ndsubison1
11-25-2009, 04:09 AM
ill say carlson since other teams will be keying on tveidt mostly

TheBisonator
11-25-2009, 04:11 AM
OK, I change my prediction to Carlson.:D

Mr_Meanor
11-25-2009, 04:13 AM
OK, I change my prediction to Carlson.:D

Didn't they teach you not to give into peer pressure.

NDSUstudent
11-25-2009, 04:17 AM
If Carlson had a solid jump shot he would be a clone of Winks and my pick.

DjKyRo
11-25-2009, 04:31 AM
I have to say I think it will be either Vaughan or Carlson - neither has necessarily performed with the consistency of Tveidt, but they've both surpassed him on occasion in single games. It's just like what happened with Woody and Winks - defenses were locking these guys down and Tveidt had the run of the court. Not to take anything away from Tveidt, of course, guy's a baller.

RunDMc34
11-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Considering we are 3 games into the season and I could already hear the coaching staff from Idaho screaming "Driver" everytime Carlson touched the ball, Im going to predict he might see a scoring dip.

My money will be on Tviedt to be our top scorer when all is said and done, hes just got to find his jumper and not press quite as much.

unbison
11-25-2009, 10:43 AM
If Carlson had a solid jump shot he would be a clone of Winks and my pick.

Carlson will be better than Winkleman!
He seems to have more grit IMO

99Bison
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM

Don't think so, do you realize all the things Winks did out there...?

BisonBlogger
11-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Winkleman is in the all time top 10 of 15 different offensive and defensive categories. To put that in perspective, Woody is in 14 categories.

#1 Rebounding #2 Scoring #2 FT's Made #5 3-Point 3-Point Percentage just to show some of the versatility he brought to the table.

It will be a long time until someone can claim they were a better all-around player than Winkleman.

HandoEX
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM

I hope you were drunk when you posted this

:bong:

I'll say Tveidt will be the top scorer.

Herd
11-25-2009, 09:30 PM

You knoweth Not what you Sayeth! Using a baseball term, Winkleman was a 5 tool player.

He's got a long way to go to fill those shoes. Winkleman was loaded with intangilbles that are rare. Leadership, Leadership, poise, confidence, toughness, determination. You name it, he had it, I'm not going to put Carlson in that category yet, not for awhile. He might get there (I hope so), but I'm not going to predict that.

Herd80
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM

Huh? More grit than Winkleman? Really?

Carlson looks like he has some potential, and I really like his scrappiness...but you might want to scale back the comparisons to Winkleman just yet.

Mr. Burgundy
11-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Carlson plays pissed off and we need that on this team.

ndsubison1
11-25-2009, 10:25 PM
carlson needs to develop a jump shot from the outside like winks

Herd
11-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Frankly, Carlson is a decent shooter from 18' in, its just . . . we don't need him out there. We need someone working the paint.

When Marshall shows up, you'll probably see a little more of #25 on the perimeter. But not this year.

unbison
11-26-2009, 12:19 PM
You knoweth Not what you Sayeth! Using a baseball term, Winkleman was a 5 tool player.

He's got a long way to go to fill those shoes. Winkleman was loaded with intangilbles that are rare. Leadership, Leadership, poise, confidence, toughness, determination. You name it, he had it, I'm not going to put Carlson in that category yet, not for awhile. He might get there (I hope so), but I'm not going to predict that.
I watched as many games as you I am gonna guess... and I remember things differently Winks was a very good player leadership poise is not one.. If anyone has kansas game still on dvr i remember a pass to winkleman he didnt catch.... every other bison on the floor hustled back to play D and Winkleman just stood there..... he also dribbled like fricking wally sczerbiak:hide: