PDA

View Full Version : The Prospect of Bringing Rocky Back to Fargo

CaBisonFan
11-23-2009, 11:10 PM
1. It's an unlikely scenario.

2. Some of us old-timers remember the passion that he brought to the program...and the successes. We miss it...badly. Speaking for myself, I loved the attitude. It was a cocky, swaggering, in-yir-face, 'we are the bison' attitude that intimidated most teams...especially at Dacotah Field.

3. I'm aware of the problems that came later on...at least most of them...but I also know that he was damaged by a ridiculous A.D. situation. There was a huge conflict between Rocky & Entzion. It had to affect Rocky's coaching, his stress level, ability to discipline, recruiting, & just the whole environment. Hard to think straight when you have someone questioning your every move. Been there.

4. I remember the great defenses that he had as the DC. 1986...Whoa!

5. Yes...he inherited some great players...but he also transitioned from Bentrim to Simdorn...and lost several other great players, with some 'rocky' times during the transition. He 'more than' survived. The 1990 team was unbelievable.

6. He inherited the veer from Wacker, Morton, & Solomonson...and decided to keep it. He, along with his OC, developed what I call a 'hybrid' of the veer that allowed for a better passing attack. The offense changed weekly, with new wrinkles that kept opponents off-guard. Since then, he has moved on.

7. He loves the state of North Dakota...and North Dakota State.

8. He is a survivor...having coached at Temple (OMG) as an assistant...and at Northeastern, where the support system was apparently shaky, at best. I thought that his team looked very good when we played them.

9. Again...speaking for myself...the idea of Rocky coming home is appealing in some ways, but I'm also in touch with reality. Most of the chatter about Rocky coming back is just that...chatter...or wishful thinking...or...

...a 'longing' for the Bison attitude to come back. It's been a long time 'longing.'

I would guess that most of us old-timers don't care 'who' the coach is. We'd just like the 'Herd' to show up again.

lakesbison
11-23-2009, 11:13 PM
not a chance.

Jay
11-23-2009, 11:23 PM
0%........................

tjbison
11-23-2009, 11:28 PM
0%........................

Especially since there are no OFFICIALLY open Positions

CaBisonFan
11-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Especially since there are no OFFICIALLY open Positions

Even if there were........

tjbison
11-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Even if there were........

not sure, he did apply and made it to the final rounds of interviews for the HC job along with Bohl, HC no, but maybe a Coordinator

BTW I wouldn't against him being involved someway in the FB program

NDSUstudent
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I would be for Rocky being involved with Bison athletics, but not Bison football(at least as a coach).

NWNDBison
11-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Everyone has their time.

Rocky had his.

He did a great job and I'm sure he respects NDSU.

But, no. We need to move forward in a new direction.
If, in fact, we move anywhere.
The Bohl dynasty could be just beginning.
Who knows what the future holds...

CaBisonFan
11-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Everyone has their time.

Rocky had his.

He did a great job and I'm sure he respects NDSU.

But, no. We need to move forward in a new direction.
If, in fact, we move anywhere.
The Bohl dynasty could be just beginning.
Who knows what the future holds...

And that's precisely why I posted this. I don't care 'who' the coach is...I just want Bison Football back. The rest is just chatter.

BadlandsBison
11-24-2009, 12:13 AM
An awkward situation for Bohl, to say the least, if Rocky came back as an assistant coach.

As long as Bohl is hc, he wouldn't hire Rocky. There would be way to much "comparing."

HandoEX
11-24-2009, 12:19 AM
I don't care what anyone says...I'm going to pray he comes back every day until he gets another job. I support Craig Bohl 100% right now, but I'd love to see Rocky as part of his staff. Shit, he could be the assistant to the traveling secetary for all I care. As long as Rocky Hager comes back to Fargo, all will be well in Bison Nation:nod:

BeckerBison
11-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Foget about coaching. That is just not going to happen.

Maybe somewhere in the athletic department raising $$ similiar to Erv and Amy.

TransAmBison
11-24-2009, 01:33 AM
It would never happen. I know this. I would actually not like to see him work under somebody...but I would support him coming back in any way shape or form. Who is your favorite Bison of all time? Rocky is mine.

HerdBot
11-24-2009, 02:32 AM

2. Some of us old-timers remember the passion that he brought to the program...and the successes. We miss it...badly. Speaking for myself, I loved the attitude. It was a cocky, swaggering, in-yir-face, 'we are the bison' attitude that intimidated most teams...especially at Dacotah Field.

3. I'm aware of the problems that came later on...at least most of them...but I also know that he was damaged by a ridiculous A.D. situation. There was a huge conflict between Rocky & Entzion. It had to affect Rocky's coaching, his stress level, ability to discipline, recruiting, & just the whole environment. Hard to think straight when you have someone questioning your every move. Been there.

5. Yes...he inherited some great players...but he also transitioned from Bentrim to Simdorn...and lost several other great players, with some 'rocky' times during the transition. He 'more than' survived. The 1990 team was unbelievable.

6. He inherited the veer from Wacker, Morton, & Solomonson...and decided to keep it. He, along with his OC, developed what I call a 'hybrid' of the veer that allowed for a better passing attack. The offense changed weekly, with new wrinkles that kept opponents off-guard. Since then, he has moved on.

8. He is a survivor...having coached at Temple (OMG) as an assistant...and at Northeastern, where the support system was apparently shaky, at best. I thought that his team looked very good when we played them.

9. Again...speaking for myself...the idea of Rocky coming home is appealing in some ways, but I'm also in touch with reality. Most of the chatter about Rocky coming back is just that...chatter...or wishful thinking...or...

...a 'longing' for the Bison attitude to come back. It's been a long time 'longing.'

I would guess that most of us old-timers don't care 'who' the coach is. We'd just like the 'Herd' to show up again.

I would LOVE to see Rocky come back in any capacity... Position, coordinator, assistant head coach, or head coach. He's very good and qualified. He's evolved.

RunDMc34
11-24-2009, 02:52 AM

Im just gonna say this and im not a huge bohl guy in anyway but there is no way you wouldnt have said we had a bison attitude during the 2 10-1 years.

I know for a fact the players and fans went into every game expecting to win. I even gave an interview with the Forum simply stating we would outplay Minnesota and beat them the 2nd time we played. I also expected to beat a very good Central Michigan team. So we have had this so called "bison pride" as short as 2 years ago. So what im pretty much saying is we have bison pride when we win and dont have it when we dont.

steelbison
11-24-2009, 03:23 AM
I would LOVE to see Rocky come back in any capacity... Position, coordinator, assistant head coach, or head coach. He's very good and qualified. He's evolved.

He's evolved how??? Just because he doesn't run the veer anymore???

What has he done since he has left here???

Not much...

CaBisonFan
11-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Im just gonna say this and im not a huge bohl guy in anyway but there is no way you wouldnt have said we had a bison attitude during the 2 10-1 years.

I know for a fact the players and fans went into every game expecting to win. I even gave an interview with the Forum simply stating we would outplay Minnesota and beat them the 2nd time we played. I also expected to beat a very good Central Michigan team. So we have had this so called "bison pride" as short as 2 years ago. So what im pretty much saying is we have bison pride when we win and dont have it when we dont.

It was around for roughly one season and 8 games into the next. We've been on a slide ever since...win or lose. There was pride in the 10-1 record and some of the big wins...but it didn't last. Something is missing.

Was I excited? Yes
Was I optimistic? Yes
Did I expect it to drift away? No

The 'Herd' is not back. It's not just wins & losses. It's in the way that the team plays.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2009, 03:38 AM
He's evolved how??? Just because he doesn't run the veer anymore??? What has he done since he has left here???...

We really don't know...do we?

steelbison
11-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Maybe my memories are foggy(I drank a lotin those days)

People on here have changed my mind.

Lets Bring Rocky Back!!!!!

HerdBot
11-24-2009, 04:56 AM
He's evolved how??? Just because he doesn't run the veer anymore???

What has he done since he has left here???

Not much...

Rocky has 7 years at Temple and 6 years as a head coach in the FCS. If your going to have the "What have you done for me lately attitude", take a look at Craig Bohl.

What has Bohl done for us lately? 9-13 over the last 22 games? His 9 wins include only 1 win over a team that finished the season with a winning record. We are arguably the 2nd worst team in the conference and we're going down the same path as Northern Colorado did when they went to the Big Sky!

Wins: Count em: 2009: Indiana State, Western Illinois, Wagner College
2008: Austin Peay, Central Conn St, Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Missouri State, and the big win was Southern Illinois.

What has Rocky done lately? (you asked, not me)

He's gone 6-18 playing against tougher competiton in the CAA. Rocky's non conference games were much harder and they played more games on the road.

Both have poor records, so what's the difference?

Bohl has a top notch stadium and 18,000 fans per game. He has more media exposure, a larger recruiting budget, and more money for everything. The program has a great tradition.

Rocky played in a team that was so dedicated to football they shut it down. Their stadium sucked, the recruiting budget was small, and they had no tradition.

Check out his schedule over the last few years.. Richmond, Northwestern, James Madison, Delaware, UC Davis, Massachusetts, Maine, Villanova, William & Mary, Ball State, Georgia Southern, Syracuse, Boston College, Youngstown State,

fightinbison
11-24-2009, 05:06 AM
Maybe when Dale Lennon replaces Brewster at Minnesota, then hires Mussman to be his OC. We can bring Rock back to Coach the "Knukleheads" up North....?

CaBisonFan
11-24-2009, 05:25 AM
Maybe when Dale Lennon replaces Brewster at Minnesota, then hires Mussman to be his OC. We can bring Rock back to Coach the "Knukleheads" up North....?

I didn't know that Rocky coached foot..."ooo...look at the puck"...:cool:

Bisonfan1
11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
As for his future, Hager said, “I want to coach, and I would take just about any kind of position which would allow me to sustain a family life, and enough to pay the bills.’’

There you go Mr. Taylor - please make a phone call -

Scooter1
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
As for his future, Hager said, “I want to coach, and I would take just about any kind of position which would allow me to sustain a family life, and enough to pay the bills.’’

Yes, call him and wish him well in his job hunt. Call him and check if Northeastern has any DB or LB who would be willing to transfer.

PW Bison
11-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Rocky has 7 years at Temple and 6 years as a head coach in the FCS. If your going to have the "What have you done for me lately attitude", take a look at Craig Bohl.

Check out his schedule over the last few years.. Richmond, Northwestern, James Madison, Delaware, UC Davis, Massachusetts, Maine, Villanova, William & Mary, Ball State, Georgia Southern, Syracuse, Boston College, Youngstown State,

I don't think we would have won any of these games this year.

IzzyFlexion
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM

I don't think we would have won any of these games this year.

Well, you're already confirmed to 7% correct.:nod:

Bison bison
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM

I think Dale is too smart to take a job at Minnesota.

Notorious
11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I think Dale is too smart to take a job at Minnesota.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Who's Rocky?

TransAmBison
11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Just a fun thought here. Rocky comes on as the DC. Next year Bohl leaves and Rocky is HC. He brings Feeney on as OC. In a number of years Joe Mays comes back as Linebackers coach and eventually DC. Walker joins just to add his greatness. Then somebodies granny can take all the credit for 3 NC's in a row. :D

bisonmike2
11-24-2009, 05:44 PM
This should go in the NDSU bad idea hall of fame. Right next to the Wake Forrest punting formation and "hey, let's not recruit a QB for 2 years" plan.

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM

With the exception of a couple seasons under Bohl, NDSU hasn't had "Bison attitude" since around 1990, and that includes a plethora of years under Hager.

No thanks. We're Division 1 now.

56BISON73
11-24-2009, 07:05 PM
With the exception of a couple seasons under Bohl, NDSU hasn't had "Bison attitude" since around 1990, and that includes a plethora of years under Hager.

No thanks. We're Division 1 now.

Well said!!!!!!

dryash83
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM

NOT my idea of a candidate for this institution. I don't think this is a job for sustenance. Oh, he may be hungry, but I want someone that puts wins before feeding his family. I know, sounds cruel, but Rocky is on the opposite of the law of diminishing returns.

SDbison
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
NOT my idea of a candidate for this institution. I don't think this is a job for sustenance. Oh, he may be hungry, but I want someone that puts wins before feeding his family. I know, sounds cruel, but Rocky is on the opposite of the law of diminishing returns.
Well Bohl apparently is more worried about settling down with a woman close to half his age than running a successful DI football program.......

dryash83
11-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Well, I agree there, wrong head making decisions. BUT, Bohl's time may have come and gone, but I'm afraid Rocky's has been gone. I remember his era. He spoke well, very well. Great motivational speaker. Maybe that's a career move for him.

lakesbison
11-24-2009, 08:04 PM
SD. are you kidding?

why does everyone dog bohl for that? my dog, I know ryan kelly, she's always been nice to me, and cool. SO Bohl is engaged, big f'in deal. She's more pissed off about NDSU losing then most of you, so, give that angle up, wow.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Well said!!!!!!

When Arden Beachy went down, that's where I mark the end of the Bison attitude that some of us are refering to. It was hanging on by a thread then. Rocky had two or three rocky years...but not a plethora. I'll still give Entzion a lot of credit for it.

56BISON73
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
When Arden Beachy went down, that's where I mark the end of the Bison attitude that some of us are refering to. It was hanging on by a thread then. Rocky had two or three rocky years...but not a plethora. I'll still give Entzion a lot of credit for it.

So what???? Youve been beating this to death. How much longer????

sambini
11-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Rocky will be back as well as Gus. NOT

silkamilkamonico
11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Some of the defenses Rochy Hager coached in the 1990's is not what i would refer to as "Bison attitude".

I like Rocky Hager and he was a very good coach, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to bring in the gu that was the head coach at the time NDSU lost it's "swagger" in football.

He didn't build the "Swagger" or football tradition. He carried it for a couple years, and then lost it.

And people want to bring him back? I guess some football fans are just that desperate to go back to yesteryear.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Think about your comment..........I believe winning "feeds your family".

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Well Bohl apparently is more worried about settling down with a woman close to half his age than running a successful DI football program.......

Thank you for your incredibly profound insight Dr Phil. He has demonstrated the ability to have a girlfriend and run a winning program.

TransAmBison
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Thank you for your incredibly profound insight Dr Phil. He has demonstrated the ability to have a girlfriend and run a winning program.
You are 1/2 right.

CaBisonFan
11-24-2009, 08:37 PM
So what???? Youve been beating this to death. How much longer????

This is a 'rocky' thread. Stop beating it...:cool:

You so 'heartily' agreed with the 'plethora' comment. That's inaccurate...and you know it.

tjbison
11-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow this is a bash fest

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

56BISON73
11-24-2009, 10:09 PM
This is a 'rocky' thread. Stop beating it...:cool:

You so 'heartily' agreed with the 'plethora' comment. That's inaccurate...and you know it.

Figure it out.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Figure it out.

If you don't like the thread PL...and you want it to go away...then don't read it or comment on it.

Plethora?

There wasn't one season in Rocky's career at SU that came even close to the past year. Plethora...Geez

I didn't post this thread to argue in favor of Rocky coming back. Figure it out.

Mr. Burgundy
11-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Lock this thread. What a joke. He isn't coming....and I love Rocky. I would love him to replace Camp as our LB coach. Guy had passion, unfortunately...it isn't happening. Some of the stuff on this thread and this site has become quite a gong show. Come to grips people. Life isn't over and the Bison aren't the typical 3-8 team. We will come back...quickly. Time to focus on recruiting.

56BISON73
11-25-2009, 12:19 AM
If you don't like the thread PL...and you want it to go away...then don't read it or comment on it.

Plethora?

There wasn't one season in Rocky's career at SU that came even close to the past year. Plethora...Geez

I didn't post this thread to argue in favor of Rocky coming back. Figure it out.

You still havent figured it out. When you do then comment. Not until.

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2009, 12:59 AM

Plethora?

You're right. That's about as accurate as your assessment on SDSU outrecruiting NDSU for North Dakota kids even though there isn't one ND kid on SDSU's roster.

Again. "Bison attitude"? Apparently you didn't watch Rocky's defense's in the 1990's.

westnodak93bison
11-25-2009, 01:31 AM
not sure about you guys but I got pretty tired of the Carlos Myles personal fouls in the 90's

Hammerhead
11-25-2009, 02:40 AM
As a Bison fan since the early 80s, Rocky was my favorite coach. He really wore his emotions on his sleeve and once made a statement about facing "a year of hell" if the Bison lost to the team that used to be our rival -- we'll just call them the knuckleheads up north.

And my all-time favorite quote from Mr. Hager:

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

TransAmBison
11-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Lock this thread. What a joke. He isn't coming....and I love Rocky. I would love him to replace Camp as our LB coach. Guy had passion, unfortunately...it isn't happening. Some of the stuff on this thread and this site has become quite a gong show. Come to grips people. Life isn't over and the Bison aren't the typical 3-8 team. We will come back...quickly. Time to focus on recruiting.
Lock this thread? Why? Because you don't like it? Just stay out of it if it bothers you. I know Rocky isn't coming back, but it is at least fun to talk about. We just had a complete crap year, maybe this is a fun distraction.

Herd
11-25-2009, 04:27 AM
I am not going to diss Rocky for his record at Northeastern. They have played a very tough schedule each year and they do not have the facilities and support to the level of most of the CAA. Really a sad day to see the Huskies sacking football. :( I'd like to know, "why football"? I'm sure there were lots of options other than football at Northeastern that were considered.

WYOBISONMAN
11-25-2009, 09:42 AM
This whole thread and the entire concept is just flat ass goofy.......good grief! I am sure glad us fans don't call the shots.....

BisoninNWMN
11-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Good luck to Rocky in the future......he'll find a home somewhere.

onbison09
11-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Rocky will be back as well as Gus. NOT

OK Borat. :D

Bisonfan1
11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
This whole thread and the entire concept is just flat ass goofy.......good grief! I am sure glad us fans don't call the shots.....

Sure it is, Bohl would never allow Rocky on his staff period. I doubt the guy "who wants to be buried on the 50 yard line at Dacotah Field" would even want to come back here unless as head coach. The prospect of defensive coordinator and recruiting coordinator does sound attractive in my book, and whats so goofy about that ?? Rocky is a true North Dakotan and a winner, it's amazing how some get so worked up on here, dont worry, he's not coming. NDSU let Rocky and Gus both go, and with their departure as far as I am concerned very good chances for another National Championship.

semobison
11-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Our end of domination in the 90's was due to the NCAA cutting Div II scholorships. It want Rocky's fault we didnt have the insight to move up then!

1bizon1
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM

Not the first flat ass goofy post to ever be posted here. Rocky back in any way shape or form is 0%. BUT....the Bison Swagger is completely gone from this program. There is no Bison Tradition left in the coaches offices.(very little to none that I can see) What ever happened to 11 guys to the ball on defense? I believe Phil Hanson has touched on this too on more than one occasion. When the coaches evaluted the game film they wanted to see as many Bison uniforms as possible around the tackled player. Intimidation! When that opposing offensive player gets up off the turf, looks around and sees nothing but Bison defense around, EVERYTIME! Lots of little things like this. I'm surprised they haven't dropped the holding four fingers up at the start of the 4th quarter.
So Rocky coming back....we all know that will never happen. But we certainly could use his "tradition on the field" that these coaches sorely lack. We all know there were problems with Rocky at the helm but his compassion to Bison football was among the very best. Never met the man, just going by what I saw on the field.
Call this post "flat ass goofy." Call my opinion the same, I don't care. Agree to disagree I always respect, but it just hits me wrong the way this is called "flat ass goofy." I respect that opinion BUT it comes off as someone telling someone else they are wrong. That in itself is wrong. JMHO

I too am glad "us fans" don't make the calls. Lord knows I would have made MANY mistakes.

Notorious
11-25-2009, 01:59 PM
not sure about you guys but I got pretty tired of the Carlos Myles personal fouls in the 90's

Part of the swagger....teams were intimiated, even scared to play us. Many teams gave up before halftime.

kman
11-25-2009, 03:12 PM

I liked Carlos. Except for the time that he threatened to shoot me, we had a pretty good relationship.

Castor Troy
11-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I liked Carlos. Except for the time that he threatened to shoot me, we had a pretty good relationship.

The thing I remember the most about 'Los was his "Get to Know the Seniors" biography. Under "Interests" he put, "Chillin' and listenin' to music."

As an aside, our African American players in the late 80's and early 90's seemed to have more of a chip on their shoulder since there were so few of them during that time. 'Los, Tommy Adams, Tony Adams, Jeff Griffin, Tyrone Lewis, Kenton Cargile were all good guys but they were inseparable and they walked around with an "us against them" demeanor.

Just an observation/opinion. Sorry for the drift. But on the subject of Rocky, it would be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

HandoEX
11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I just heard from my very reliable inside source that Rocky is en route to Hector Intl with AJ Westendorp and Chasen Stangel. Apparently, Rocky fought in WWI alongside AJ's great great grandfather and he climbed Everest with Chasen's neighbor's uncle. Supposedly he also is bringing a special teams coach, a 13 star kicker recuit, and a punter that can deflate a football with one boot. I beleive Rocky plans to use the final year of his own eligibility to play WR/LB for the Bison in 2010.

Tatanka
11-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I just heard from my very reliable inside source that Rocky is en route to Hector Intl with AJ Westendorp and Chasen Stangel. Apparently, Rocky fought in WWI alongside AJ's great great grandfather and he climbed Everest with Chasen's neighbor's uncle. Supposedly he also is bringing a special teams coach, a 13 star kicker recuit, and a punter that can deflate a football with one boot. I beleive Rocky plans to use the final year of his own eligibility to play WR/LB for the Bison in 2010.

Yes, but did he bring a large donation check for new turf at the dome and a 47 star point guard for Saul Phillips? If not, better send him back.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 07:07 PM

Wow...he must have read this thread. Does he have a sleigh and flying reindeer too? We could use some Christmas magic.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes, but did he bring a large donation check for new turf at the dome and a 47 star point guard for Saul Phillips? If not, better send him back.

47 star...that would be incredulous. We'd win the Big Dance 4 years in a row.

BisonNeil
11-25-2009, 10:47 PM
This should go in the NDSU bad idea hall of fame. Right next to the Wake Forrest punting formation and "hey, let's not recruit a QB for 2 years" plan.

Oh I love to start the Thankgiving holiday with a chuckle. I tip my glass to you Mike!!

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 11:13 PM

Yeah...like you've never put up anything a little off the wall lately. LOL

The discussion, as others have written, has turned into being more about the tradition, and the attitude. Apparently, there's interest in it. If you would take the time to look at my original posting and read #1 in the literal sense, you'd know where I was going with this. Longing for some real attitude for the Herd isn't goofy. It's not even flat ass. Maybe coach Bohl thinks it is. And I'm 'not' Charlie Brown. :D

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Our end of domination in the 90's was due to the NCAA cutting Div II scholorships. It want Rocky's fault we didnt have the insight to move up then!

This is the real story.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
You still havent figured it out. When you do then comment. Not until.

et tu brute

56BISON73
11-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah...like you've never put up anything a little off the wall lately. LOL

The discussion, as others have written, has turned into being more about the tradition, and the attitude. Apparently, there's interest in it. If you would take the time to look at my original posting and read #1 in the literal sense, you'd know where I was going with this. Longing for some real attitude for the Herd isn't goofy. It's not even flat ass. Maybe coach Bohl thinks it is. And I'm 'not' Charlie Brown. :D

Really???? thats what you were going for???? Oh silly me.:banghead:

Ok---weve beat this to death so why dont you start another thinly veiled thread so you can talk about the same thing???? Boy I cant wait:D

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Not the first flat ass goofy post to ever be posted here. Rocky back in any way shape or form is 0%. BUT....the Bison Swagger is completely gone from this program. There is no Bison Tradition left in the coaches offices.(very little to none that I can see) What ever happened to 11 guys to the ball on defense? I believe Phil Hanson has touched on this too on more than one occasion. When the coaches evaluted the game film they wanted to see as many Bison uniforms as possible around the tackled player. Intimidation! When that opposing offensive player gets up off the turf, looks around and sees nothing but Bison defense around, EVERYTIME! Lots of little things like this. I'm surprised they haven't dropped the holding four fingers up at the start of the 4th quarter.
So Rocky coming back....we all know that will never happen. But we certainly could use his "tradition on the field" that these coaches sorely lack. We all know there were problems with Rocky at the helm but his compassion to Bison football was among the very best. Never met the man, just going by what I saw on the field.
Call this post "flat ass goofy." Call my opinion the same, I don't care. Agree to disagree I always respect, but it just hits me wrong the way this is called "flat ass goofy." I respect that opinion BUT it comes off as someone telling someone else they are wrong. That in itself is wrong. JMHO

I too am glad "us fans" don't make the calls. Lord knows I would have made MANY mistakes.

You've got it. You understand. That's what all of this is about. That's a big part of the current problem. For me, I'd like to see even one guy around the ball when a receiver catches it. I'd like to see one defensive lineman getting in the face of the QB. On one of Youngstown's touchdown passes we had 3 guys in the area, but not 'one' that was within 2 or 3 yards of the guy. Whoops

My apologies to Gratzek. He's the exception.

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Really???? thats what you were going for???? Oh silly me.:banghead:
Isnt that what almost every post of yours is about:nod:

Ok---weve beat this to death so why dont you start another thinly veiled thread so you can talk about the same thing???? Boy I cant wait:D

And I can't wait for your 'beat it to death' phrase again. It's very enlightening. Is it my fault that Ev wasn't any good?

CaBisonFan
11-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Ok---weve beat this to death....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

56BISON73
11-25-2009, 11:45 PM
And I can't wait for your 'beat it to death' phrase again. It's very enlightening. Is it my fault that Ev wasn't any good?

Its appropriate when it comes to your threads-postings.

Ev has nothing to do with anything at this juncture. But some how in your mind you have found a tie in.:smh:

56BISON73
11-25-2009, 11:45 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take the hint.

A1pigskin
12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
An awkward situation for Bohl, to say the least, if Rocky came back as an assistant coach.

As long as Bohl is hc, he wouldn't hire Rocky. There would be way to much "comparing."

You know there would be comparing. It would be "Rocky would have done this or that" etc.

westnodak93bison
12-04-2009, 02:10 AM
Hofstra dropped their FB program today--- with the crappy economy and ridiculous budget deficits in many states there may be more of this to come

tjbison
12-04-2009, 02:16 AM
Hofstra dropped their FB program today--- with the crappy economy and ridiculous budget deficits in many states there may be more of this to come

hmmm....I bet we see it in Minnesota real soon!!! too many teams at State funded schools in a state with a 1.2 BILLION hole to dig out of

coldspot
12-04-2009, 02:22 AM
hmmm....I bet we see it in Minnesota real soon!!! too many teams at State funded schools in a state with a 1.2 BILLION hole to dig out of

buh bye dragons? do these schools have to add a mens sport/drop a womens sport then to meet title IX requirements?

tjbison
12-04-2009, 02:24 AM
buh bye dragons? do these schools have to add a mens sport/drop a womens sport then to meet title IX requirements?

I believe that is the only reason Moorhead has a team, or that the NSIC requires football for membership one of the two i'm sure ill be corrected if wrong

CaBisonFan
12-04-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm not being sarcastic about this. Don't a lot of universities claim that football pays for the other programs? I really don't know if this is true or not. I guess if the seats are filled it makes a difference...and with a great organization like our Teammakers, we have more backing. You guys remember the crappy attendance at WIU this past fall? Think it was WIU.

tjbison
12-04-2009, 02:58 AM
I'm not being sarcastic about this. Don't a lot of universities claim that football pays for the other programs? I really don't know if this is true or not. I guess if the seats are filled it makes a difference...and with a great organization like our Teammakers, we have more backing. You guys remember the crappy attendance at WIU this past fall? Think it was WIU.

I think most FB (FCS) programs lose money don't they???

Bison_Backer
12-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Bring back The rock and the split Veer!!!!!! 44 Zone

Gully
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I think most FB (FCS) programs lose money don't they???

I think it depends on how you account for it. I would have a very hard time believing the NDSU football team loses money but it would depend on how the revenue is allocated.

WYOBISONMAN
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Speaking for my borther-in-law (Associate AD at Minnesota) Football is a cash cow for most BCS schools. And, even for the larger DI schools, BB usually breaks even at best.