PDA

View Full Version : Online plea for a SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
This is an open online plea for a Special Teams Coach for the Bison. Bohl cannot handle both Head Coaching and Special Teams. It has been a failure and it is time for a CHANGE!

Add your signatures!!!

WYOBISONMAN

DjKyRo
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Holy crap yes.

DJKyRo

Bisonfan1
11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Im In !!!!!!!!

Bisonfan1

westnodak93bison
11-23-2009, 04:36 PM
a double hell yeah, I'm in

unbison
11-23-2009, 04:37 PM
This is an open online plea for a Special Teams Coach for the Bison. Bohl cannot handle both Head Coaching and Special Teams. It has been a failure and it is time for a CHANGE!

Add your signatures!!!

WYOBISONMAN
I am signing this!!!!!!!!!!
Are we sure he can handle either?:hide:

TheBisonator
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
TheBisonator

Coach Bohl needs to give that job to someone.

stevdock
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm in too

BisonAccountant44
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Count me in

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Why just replace him as special teams coach? I do agree but I would take it a step further and just fire him as head coach.

BlueBisonRock
11-23-2009, 05:04 PM
SD is a tough act to follow. :D

Absolutely, Get a special teams coach who can teach tackling rather than hitting, apply the approach of the fastest down the field rather than the fastest on the field (kickoff coverage), use an effective punt formation, and drive some intensity into the ST players.

HerdBot
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Add your signatures!!!

WYOBISONMAN

Can we afford one? I just read Rockys bio and he was the head coach / offensive coordinator / qb coach all in the same year!

onbison09
11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Hell's to the yeah! Hell I'll donate if someone sets up a fund.

bisonmike2
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I am Bisonmike, and I approve of this message.

Bison"FANatic"
11-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Bison FANatic checked his magic 8 ball and it said "Hell yes... why did you even ask me such a stupid question" and the magic 8 ball knows all. Then the crazy little thing went off on some dissertation about a crazy ass punt formation and bad field position and incapable field goals and a bunch of other stuff.

Tatanka
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm Tatanka and I approve this message.

Herd Mentality
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Rocky Hager for special teams coach!!!!!!!!!!!

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 06:00 PM

Add your signatures!!!

WYOBISONMAN

Ill do it and it wont cost them a thing!!!!

HandoEX
11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
HandoEX.

Our special teams need work, BAD!

unbison
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
That punt formation is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting:

heckler
11-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Heckler agrees :nod:

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 06:17 PM

Ya but but but Wake Forest runs it?????:D

GOB1SON
11-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Yup, yes, okie dokie, absolutely.

Special teams has been a disgrace.

Bisonfan1
11-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Ya but but but Wake Forest runs it?????:D

And Wake Forest Says but but but the NDSU Bizzzon runs it ????? :D

KilldeerBison
11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Ill do it and it wont cost them a thing!!!!

You got my support, how will we intimidate you if you don't take any pay? All the special teams plays could have sausage related names, like; middle return = bratwurst center blast.

Twentysix
11-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Twentysix(10)

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 10:59 PM
You got my support, how will we intimidate you if you don't take any pay? All the special teams plays could have sausage related names, like; middle return = bratwurst center blast.

I like the way you think:D

NWNDBison
11-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Can we afford one? I just read Rockys bio and he was the head coach / offensive coordinator / qb coach all in the same year!

In a year Northeastern DROPPED football. Hager may have been surprised by the action at Northeastern, but can you imagine the uprising there would be if the NDSU admin said, "Ya know, football's an expensive sport. We've decided to drop it."

In a quality program like NDSU, it seems like the head coach should be concentrating on just that--head coaching. Hire an up-n-comer who knows special teams and wants to advance. NDSU a stepping-off point. No problem. Makes the next guy that much more hireable.

LOL

td577
11-24-2009, 03:53 PM
I have talked to a few football coaches about the punt formation. It is a great formation if you have the right people. I haven't dissected the Bison punt formation and plays down, but the first question should be if they have the right personnel to run the formation. Is the snap quick enough? Is the punter's release quick enough? Can the three blockers effectively pick up rushers? The formation is great in providing downfield coverage, but terrible for effective punt protection if you don't have the right people who can't make the right reads.

I would rather move back to a more traditional punt protection formation. Then I would be looking for punters who can get some height on their punts and would be willing to give up some distance for hang time.

Even with people saying how the current formation is great for coverage it doesn't matter if you can't keep people off the punter. It is really difficult for me to believe there can be an advantage to giving anyone 5-8 yards of acceleration before contact.

SDbison
11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Keep Bohl at special teams......he should be introduced before every game as head coach / special teams coach so everyone can boo him for the ingenious effort and not so special teams.

X-Factor
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
The punt formation is just FINE. Work on the player execution! I like this formation way better than the old pro style we used to run. We just need some more depth on this team so we have enough special teams blockers that know how to use their head and pick up the right guy on a block.

P.S.- I hope Bohl doesn't stop at getting a new high level kicker, we also need a new high level punter. Most of all I am sick of the 20 yard punts that spiral out of bounds at the 50.

Overall I agree with this thread. Special teams has been a complete disaster and most definitely EPIC FAIL. Look no further than last Saturday for the most recent blunder.

bisonmike2
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
The punt formation is just FINE. Work on the player execution! I like this formation way better than the old pro style we used to run. We just need some more depth on this team so we have enough special teams blockers that know how to use their head and pick up the right guy on a block.

P.S.- I hope Bohl doesn't stop at getting a new high level kicker, we also need a new high level punter. Most of all I am sick of the 20 yard punts that spiral out of bounds at the 50.

Overall I agree with this thread. Special teams has been a complete disaster and most definitely EPIC FAIL. Look no further than last Saturday for the most recent blunder.

THIS. How is it that we had better kickers when we were D2 then now when we're FCS. Presumably we have more schollies now and better resources to offer kids. Plus we play indoors! How are we not attracting some of the top kickers and punters in the upper midwest?

HerdBot
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
W

Add your signatures!!!

WYOBISONMAN

Per the media blog we won't get one due to NCAA restrictions. Even Rocky had one.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-25-2009, 02:33 AM
#1BISONFAN ASHLEY

WE ALSO NEED A OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR...WE JUST HAD A TERRIBLE YEAR:banghead: