PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff Brackets

UncleBuck
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Who you gonna pull for? The Jacks or the Grizzlies?

South Dakota State at (1) Montana
Eastern Washington at Stephen F. Austin

South Carolina State at Appalachian State
Elon at (4) Richmond

Holy Cross at (2) Villanova
New Hampshire at McNeese State

Weber State at William & Mary
Eastern Illinois at (3) Southern Illinois

Kevin
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I couldn't bring myself to pull for Montana even if they were playing the idiots up north. I hate them that much.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Pretty amazing that UNI comes within a pube of beating Iowa and proceeds to slide right out of the FCS playoff picture.

Facts
11-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Elon at (4) Richmond

Round 1

Elon at (4) Richmond

Round 2 (I have no idea for home or away for some of these games)
SFA at Montana
AppState at Richmond

McNeese at Nova
Weber at SIU

Round 3
AppState at Montana
McNeese at SIU

Championship
AppState vs. SIU

Kevin
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Pretty amazing that UNI comes within a pube of beating Iowa and proceeds to slide right out of the FCS playoff picture.

hehehe. Christmas comes early like I said in the other thread.

"What do 3-8 and 7-4 have in common? Neither is good enough to get into the playoffs."

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 08:26 PM
hehehe. Christmas comes early like I said in the other thread.

"What do 3-8 and 7-4 have in common? Neither is good enough to get into the playoffs."

Hear that.....GottaPoopItDownYourLeg?
Merry effen Christmas!

TransAmBison
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Go Jacks!!!

devin45k
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Screw the Jacks!!!!!

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
cheering for the jacks to beat the Grizz

Bisonfan1
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
cheering for the jacks to beat the Grizz

I am almost positively sure that SDBison will be cheering for the Jacks also. :D

MontBison
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
I hate the Jacks but I will be at WaGrizz stadium cheering for them; with an NDSU shirt on. :nod: Bob Hauck is a total McF#(K and my thoughts were confirmed after yesterday, the douche was flipping off fans on the bus ride in, such a candy a$$.

DjKyRo
11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Gotta say I'm rooting for the Grizzlies 100% in this one - the Jacks fans will nver let us live it down for them making it into the playoffs 'afore we did, so it's damage control at this point.

I don't pay much attention to FCS beyond what directly affects NDSU, so I guess I'll stick with the guys who beat us (SIU) in the hopes it'll make us look at least marginally better having lost. ;)

X-Factor
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Rooting for the Jacks big time. Montana should pull that one out though with some home cooking. The thing I like the most about this bracket is not seeing a team from an undisclosed location in Iowa listed as a participant. UNI loses a considerable amount of their offense to graduation as well (QB, RB, 2 WR, 6 OL). UNI has 3 returning lineman on the two deep, including 0 starters. DL loses 3/4 starters, LB loses 2/3 starters, lose 1/4 secondary. This was their year and they flopped. Next year will definitely be a rebuilding year for them similar to what happened to us this season, although I still doubt they do as bad as 3-8. SIU and SDSU may be tops in the conference again next year.

Willie44
11-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I hate the Jacks but I will be at WaGrizz stadium cheering for them; with an NDSU shirt on. :nod: Bob Hauck is a total McF#(K and my thoughts were confirmed after yesterday, the douche was flipping off fans on the bus ride in, such a candy a$$.

You sir, are full of the brown stuff. Everything that comes out of your mouth about Montana is garbage. Move to North Dakota if you hate us so much.

MontBison
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Sir, If I didn't have a very large scholarship to attend a certain university in Montana, or the ability to get free stuff to do a certain outdoors activity involving snow I would not live here. I have lived in North Dakota for 18 years and trust me I was taught to hate UND more than anything in the world. However, that ideology was changed yesterday as I watched your classless coach act like a tool. Your team is undefeated and not ranked number in the country because you are not very good. I said this last year and I'll say it again, no national championship for you guys this year, because frankly you haven't played anyone to show how bad you really are.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I am almost positively sure that SDBison will be cheering for the Jacks also. :D

Holy shizz! When did this happen?? (says while scrambling to find CNN on his Comcast remote)

http://www.upgradetravelbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/hell-freezes-over.jpg

NDSU1980
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm pulling for the bunnies. Have faith, our turn will come.

SDbison
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm pulling for the bunnies. Have faith, our turn will come.
Our turn? Our turn! This is something a bunny fan would say. Like we are not that good, but eventually we will get lucky, or the talent level in the conference will drop, etc. Again, another indicator how far the Bison football program has fallen!
BTW, I will be rooting for Montana. No way the jacka$$es beat Grizzlies!

bisoneer
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Elon at (4) Richmond

GO JACKBUNNIES!!!!! Whoop up on the grizz!! (teddybears).... Hope the weather is nice there as it has been here!! Who's your QB gunna be? Obrien?

Good luck.

Twentysix
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Go jacks! When we arent playing them, I hope the best for them. The rivalry with SDSU is so fake it isnt funny.

See if Uni were in the playoffs i would be cheering against them no matter who they played. :)

tjbison
11-23-2009, 12:05 AM

Elon at (4) Richmond

MONTANA (hope the bunnies win this one though)
SFA
APPY
RICHMOND
VILLY
MC NEESE
W&M
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS ALL THE WAY BABY GO MVFC

CaBisonFan
11-23-2009, 12:09 AM

Gotta Earn It...:cool:

aces1180
11-23-2009, 12:11 AM
As much as I don't like Montana, I hate SDSU. They can get pumped 40-0 as far as I am concerned.

CaBisonFan
11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
I don't hate either one. Frankly, I don't care either way. I've got connections to both.

onbison09
11-23-2009, 12:26 AM
I want SIU to win the title. :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

rutlandbison
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
I want SIU to win the title. :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:
Go Weber State!!
Only because my last name is Weber, even though pronounce it different.

pantherhawkrolling
11-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Rooting for the Jacks big time. Montana should pull that one out though with some home cooking. The thing I like the most about this bracket is not seeing a team from an undisclosed location in Iowa listed as a participant. UNI loses a considerable amount of their offense to graduation as well (QB, RB, 2 WR, 6 OL). UNI has 3 returning lineman on the two deep, including 0 starters. DL loses 3/4 starters, LB loses 2/3 starters, lose 1/4 secondary. This was their year and they flopped. Next year will definitely be a rebuilding year for them similar to what happened to us this season, although I still doubt they do as bad as 3-8. SIU and SDSU may be tops in the conference again next year.

Actually, I think that 2007's edition, with being ranked #1 half the year and being undefeated until the last game was 'our year.' Or perhaps 2008, when we had to watch a team we outplayed hammer its opponent in the finale. Or maybe 2005 when we were runner-up, again to a team we outplayed. We have a lot of things to feel bad about this year, but 'missing our year' is not one of them. Yes, we lose some players, but we will replace them and move forward just as we always have. The mental part of this game is the most important, anyway. I actually think UNI will have a better season next year.

lakesbison
11-23-2009, 01:41 AM
SDSU BETTER GET POUNDED. UNI JUST CHOKED A WEEK EARLY, CONGRATS

SIU WILL CHOKE.TOO,

SDSU fans @ montana=500 maybe

BisonNolesFan77
11-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Actually, I think that 2007's edition, with being ranked #1 half the year and being undefeated until the last game was 'our year.' Or perhaps 2008, when we had to watch a team we outplayed hammer its opponent in the finale. Or maybe 2005 when we were runner-up, again to a team we outplayed. We have a lot of things to feel bad about this year, but 'missing our year' is not one of them. Yes, we lose some players, but we will replace them and move forward just as we always have. The mental part of this game is the most important, anyway. I actually think UNI will have a better season next year.

Hmmm...you outplayed them, but you lost, so is that something like a moral victory? I don't care how bad you "Think" you outplayed them, they made enough plays to win the game, thus, they outplayed you.

tony
11-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Heck, I can't root against any team in our conference. Gotta get out of the mindset that anything that is bad for a conference mate is good for us - that's a D2 mindset from when it was NDSU v Every Other Team in the NCC. That's what got us sent to Delta State.

NDSU absolutely needs the other MVFC and Summit teams to excel.

aces1180
11-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Heck, I can't root against any team in our conference. Gotta get out of the mindset that anything that is bad for a conference mate is good for us - that's a D2 mindset from when it was NDSU v Every Other Team in the NCC. That's what got us sent to Delta State.

NDSU absolutely needs the other MVFC and Summit teams to excel.

Meh...I'll cheer for SIU but there is no way I will support SDSU.

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 02:42 AM
i just dont want montana or an eastern team to win it

NDSUstudent
11-23-2009, 02:48 AM
Gotta go for the MVFC, even the teams coached by Stig and the Brawny man.

heckler
11-23-2009, 02:57 AM
If both montana and the bunnies could lose their first game I would be happy, but since that is impossible I hope that montana crushes them. Even if I wanted to, my wife wouldn't let me cheer for the bunnies.

HerdBot
11-23-2009, 02:58 AM

Elon at (4) Richmond

I'll be rooting for all MVFC teams. Heck, I'd like to see either of them win a National Championship because our conference doesn't seem to get as much respect as the other top conferences. Can SIU play SDSU in the Championship game?

UncleBuck
11-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Can SIU play SDSU in the Championship game?

Yes, check out the printable bracket at:
FCS Playoffs (http://fcsnow.com/fcsplayoffs.aspx)

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2009, 04:18 AM
My Mom and Dad are Montana Alums.....as for me.....I say I hope the Bunnies pound the Griz. I guess SD and my parents will be rooting for the fizzlies.....

TheDoctor
11-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Gotta say I'm rooting for the Grizzlies 100% in this one - the Jacks fans will nver let us live it down for them making it into the playoffs 'afore we did, so it's damage control at this point.

I don't pay much attention to FCS beyond what directly affects NDSU, so I guess I'll stick with the guys who beat us (SIU) in the hopes it'll make us look at least marginally better having lost. ;)

I agree with ALL of this 100%. Couldn't have said any of it better myself! Well, I guess I would add that a SIU winning it all also laughs in the face of the guys who lost their coach to them. So, SIU all the way! ;)

HandoEX
11-23-2009, 04:41 AM
I'd love to see SIU do well. People have been sleeping on them and underestimating them all year. I'd love to see SDSU get blown out, and expect to see nothing less than that.

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:43 AM
As much as I don't like Montana, I hate SDSU. They can get pumped 40-0 as far as I am concerned.
As much as I don't like Montana I hate SDSU.......oh how I wish some of you were around the few bunny fans there are every day of the week....you would change your allegiance to the bunny turds in a minute.

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:44 AM
I'd love to see SIU do well. People have been sleeping on them and underestimating them all year. I'd love to see SDSU get blown out, and expect to see nothing less than that.
Yep....what he said!

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:45 AM
If both montana and the bunnies could lose their first game I would be happy, but since that is impossible I hope that montana crushes them. Even if I wanted to, my wife wouldn't let me cheer for the bunnies.
Heckler, you had a taste of how the jacka$$ fans can be.......

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:46 AM
My Mom and Dad are Montana Alums.....as for me.....I say I hope the Bunnies pound the Griz. I guess SD and my parents will be rooting for the fizzlies.....
Traitor!.....root for the bunnies then.......LOSER!

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I agree with ALL of this 100%. Couldn't have said any of it better myself! Well, I guess I would add that a SIU winning it all also laughs in the face of the guys who lost their coach to them. So, SIU all the way! ;)
Good post B1SON!
Glad to see someone here isn't a bunny fan in disquise........

CaBisonFan
11-23-2009, 04:59 AM

I think that it says more about the Big 10 than it does about UNI. Could they be the worst FBS conference this year? I wonder what really happened with UNI. Injuries? Over-rated? Attitude problems? But I have to say...I'm not heartbroken after some of the jerks that have come over here to visit. Notice they haven't been around much lately. They don't get to paint any numbers on the wall this year. I thought that their QB was supposed to be the second coming of JHC.

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
SIU finishes the season #1 and gets the 3rd overall seed... goes to show what the selection committee thinks of our conference

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I think that it says more about the Big 10 than it does about UNI. Could they be the worst FBS conference this year? I wonder what really happened with UNI. Injuries? Over-rated? Attitude problems? But I have to say...I'm not heartbroken after some of the jerks that have come over here to visit. Notice they haven't been around much lately. They don't get to paint any numbers on the wall this year. I thought that their QB was supposed to be the second coming of JHC.

i would say the Big Ten is the 3rd best conference overall behind the Pac 10 and SEC

BisoninNWMN
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
i would say the Big Ten is the 3rd best conference overall behind the Pac 10 and SEC

4th....behind the Big 12 also

Kevin
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM

Some days I'd rather watch the WAC than the Big 10. What a mess.

onbison09
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
SIU finishes the season #1 and gets the 3rd overall seed... goes to show what the selection committee thinks of our conference

Doesn't matter much (although they will have to go on the road at some point). Just win baby.

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Traitor!.....root for the bunnies then.......LOSER!

LOL....you are such a subtle guy.....;)

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
....And....the truth of the matter is....I expect the Griz to pound the holy hell out of the Bunnies....

SDbison
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
....And....the truth of the matter is....I expect the Griz to pound the holy hell out of the Bunnies....
Now you are being realistic.

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Now you are being realistic.

LOL......who knows, with Mom and Dad here I may wind up cheering for the Fizzlies.....I just hope I can get that game on Directv....It would be damn sad if I can't.

UncleBuck
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope some games are televised. Looking out to next week's listing, there are several games with teams to be announced.

SDbison
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Who gives a rip about the playoff now.......Bison are at minimum 2 years away from getting there.
Guess I will dig out my past playoff DVD's (thanks CABisonfan), watch and dream about what once was and seems so distant now.
The wheels are about to fall of this guys bandwagon. Definitely cutting back next year. Maybe keep my season tickets, will for sure not pay for a reserved tailgate spot and will have to choose only 3 or 4 games to attend. Travel costs are too much and taking all the time and money to watch a losing team is getting old.

Mngriz
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Sir, If I didn't have a very large scholarship to attend a certain university in Montana, or the ability to get free stuff to do a certain outdoors activity involving snow I would not live here. I have lived in North Dakota for 18 years and trust me I was taught to hate UND more than anything in the world. However, that ideology was changed yesterday as I watched your classless coach act like a tool. Your team is undefeated and not ranked number in the country because you are not very good. I said this last year and I'll say it again, no national championship for you guys this year, because frankly you haven't played anyone to show how bad you really are.

This guy is funny. A fan of a team that is 3-8 and never made the playoffs telling us how bad we are. Good luck with your terrible QB's again next year and have fun watching OTHER teams in the playoffs.

onbison09
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
LOL......who knows, with Mom and Dad here I may wind up cheering for the Fizzlies.....I just hope I can get that game on Directv....It would be damn sad if I can't.

It's free on bigsky's website.

HandoEX
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Who gives a rip about the playoff now.......Bison are at minimum 2 years away from getting there.
Guess I will dig out my past playoff DVD's (thanks CABisonfan), watch and dream about what once was and seems so distant now.
The wheels are about to fall of this guys bandwagon. Definitely cutting back next year. Maybe keep my season tickets, will for sure not pay for a reserved tailgate spot and will have to choose only 3 or 4 games to attend. Travel costs are too much and taking all the time and money to watch a losing team is getting old.
I wonder how the fans that cut back after the 2002 disaster felt? You can't tell me this team isn't just as poised to win as the 2003 team was.

SDbison
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder how the fans that cut back after the 2002 disaster felt? You can't tell me this team isn't just as poised to win as the 2003 team was.
Have much more to lose now........attendance averaged like 11,000 or 12,000 per game in the years leading up to 2002. Now with attendance in the 16,000 to 17,000 range there are more fans that recently jumped on the bandwagon and will now leave just as quickly. Also, with this not so great economy in limbo for the next couple years look for others to start cutting out things that are not necessities. I can't keep on traveling 250 plus miles one way to 6 or 7 games a year. Eveything gets more expensive and last years paycut along with no raises for several years is taking its toll. If there was some return like winning to justify my expense then it might be higher on my priority list.

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 06:11 PM

Big 12 is mediocre at best

HandoEX
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Have much more to lose now........attendance averaged like 11,000 or 12,000 per game in the years leading up to 2002. Now with attendance in the 16,000 to 17,000 range there are more fans that recently jumped on the bandwagon and will now leave just as quickly. Also, with this not so great economy in limbo for the next couple years look for others to start cutting out things that are not necessities. I can't keep on traveling 250 plus miles one way to 6 or 7 games a year. Eveything gets more expensive and last years paycut along with no raises for several years is taking its toll. If there was some return like winning to justify my expense then it might be higher on my priority list.

Dude, if you're just trying to get me to cut you a deal on a hotel room, you could have just asked! haha

:innocent:

BisonNolesFan77
11-23-2009, 11:00 PM

You're kidding about being 3rd right? If your serious...explain...

pantherhawkrolling
11-23-2009, 11:40 PM

It was attitude. This UNI team was just not mentally tough. A good team gets harder and stronger as the year goes on; this UNI team got spoiled by early successes and was not up to the task, mentally, when they encountered the tough conference games.

Big 10 is a good conference, and Iowa is a very good team. They say the SEC is better, but Iowa pretty much thrashes every SEC team that comes its way (Florida, LSU, South Carolina in the past 6 years, two of the games beat-downs). Finally, UNI QB was never that great, the gossip has been for quite some time that the backup, Zach Davis, is actually better.

tjbison
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM

I would like to hear how they are Better than 3rd??

EndZoneQB
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM
the gossip has been for quite some time that the backup, Zach Davis, is actually better.

A lot of us around here know what that feels like!

Oh yeah? The north sucks yeah, Nebraska has a good defense and thats about all there is in the north. I personally think OkSt could give any SEC team a run for their money. Before Oklahoma gave up for the year, they were easily a top 10 team. The SEC is so overrated this year with the exception of maybe one player, Mark Ingram. Everyone says the defenses are so great...but is it that the offenses are just that anemic? I guess we'll see at the end of the season, if either Alabama or Florida don't blow it before then.

BisonNolesFan77
11-23-2009, 11:51 PM
I would like to hear how they are Better than 3rd??

They are not better than 3rd...no way in hell is the B10 the 3rd best football conference.

tjbison
11-23-2009, 11:53 PM
They are not better than 3rd...no way in hell is the B10 the 3rd best football conference.

My Bad thought you were saying they should be better than the Pac 10 or SEC.

:hide: :hide:

NDSUFan_Sav
11-24-2009, 01:45 AM

hahaha and so is the big 10 the big 10 is not very good...iowa with injuries isn't much of anything they only beat the goofs 12-0.

56BISON73
11-24-2009, 02:04 AM
hahaha and so is the big 10 the big 10 is not very good...iowa with injuries isn't much of anything they only beat the goofs 12-0.

Only second game with there freshman QB. Hes really going to have to work in the next 4 weeks. Or was it the fact that Iowa played DOWN to the Gooooofers talent level???:D

ndsubison1
11-24-2009, 02:17 AM

Texas is all they got... Ok State is decent. That's all they have in the top 25. Big Ten has 3 top 15 teams. 5 bowl eligible teams plus Minnesota and Michigan State could join. Wisconsin aint bad either. As for the Big 12, Oklahoma... mediocre. Missouri... mediocre. Kansas... mediocre. Texas Tech aint bad. The offensives havent been that good. Big 12 North... god awful. Big 12 has been the most disappointing conference this year. Big Ten's bottom teams are terrible, but the top overall for the Big Ten is better than the Big 12.

ndsubison1
11-24-2009, 02:18 AM
It was attitude. This UNI team was just not mentally tough. A good team gets harder and stronger as the year goes on; this UNI team got spoiled by early successes and was not up to the task, mentally, when they encountered the tough conference games.

Big 10 is a good conference, and Iowa is a very good team. They say the SEC is better, but Iowa pretty much thrashes every SEC team that comes its way (Florida, LSU, South Carolina in the past 6 years, two of the games beat-downs). Finally, UNI QB was never that great, the gossip has been for quite some time that the backup, Zach Davis, is actually better.

Florida thrashed Iowa in Meyer's first year :)

ndsubison1
11-24-2009, 02:20 AM
A lot of us around here know what that feels like!

Oh yeah? The north sucks yeah, Nebraska has a good defense and thats about all there is in the north. I personally think OkSt could give any SEC team a run for their money. Before Oklahoma gave up for the year, they were easily a top 10 team. The SEC is so overrated this year with the exception of maybe one player, Mark Ingram. Everyone says the defenses are so great...but is it that the offenses are just that anemic? I guess we'll see at the end of the season, if either Alabama or Florida don't blow it before then.

people were saying the same thing about the Big 12/SEC last year and then the bowl games happened... whoops. no other conference is even that close to the SEC. except maybe the pac 10 could make an argument but after that it's not even a competition

Cat80
11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Only second game with there freshman QB. Hes really going to have to work in the next 4 weeks. Or was it the fact that Iowa played DOWN to the Gooooofers talent level???:D

There's familiarity in many places with playing down to opponents' perceived talent level to recognize that when it happens.

BisonNolesFan77
11-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Texas is all they got... Ok State is decent. That's all they have in the top 25. Big Ten has 3 top 15 teams. 5 bowl eligible teams plus Minnesota and Michigan State could join. Wisconsin aint bad either. As for the Big 12, Oklahoma... mediocre. Missouri... mediocre. Kansas... mediocre. Texas Tech aint bad. The offensives havent been that good. Big 12 North... god awful. Big 12 has been the most disappointing conference this year. Big Ten's bottom teams are terrible, but the top overall for the Big Ten is better than the Big 12.

Come on now...you are really going to say the Big 10 is a better conference than the Big 12 because they have 5 teams in the top 15? The only legit top 15 the Big 10 has is Ohio St., the Big 10 is a medicore conference top to bottom, with a few downright awful teams, the Big 12 has an elite team, and should have had 2 more if it wasen't for the Dez Bryant B.S. and Sam Bradford injury. I would still put my money on Texas and Ok State against anyone in the B10. Minnesota and Michigan St. should not be in a bowl, and Northwestern and Wisconsin are going to go to a bowl and get their asses handed to them by a middle of the road SEC, Pac 10, or ACC team. Bowl Eligible...big frickin deal...are you honestly going to say that Minnesota deserves to go to a bowl game?

EndZoneQB
11-24-2009, 02:55 AM

I don't disagree in bold, but the SEC is still overrated. And the bottomline is, the Big10 is no longer the powerhouse conference it once was...I'd take the top 3 in the big12 over the top 3 in the big 10 anyday.

I'm not talking about "top 25" teams because we ALL know Oklahoma is better than a 5 loss team, they just got punched in the mouth and quit(well and they lost Bradford). Oklahoma State lost Dez Bryant and Kendall Hunter(pretty sure hunter is back now and lost playing time). I assure you there is no competition between the big 10 and big 12. If there is one conference I really question its the PAthetiC 10.

Either way, polls don't mean shit and we'll see how some of it plays out at the end of the year.

Come on now...you are really going to say the Big 10 is a better conference than the Big 12 because they have 5 teams in the top 15?....etc

Amen!

SDbison
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:
Last several posters.....CAN YOU READ? The title of the thread is FCS Playoff Brackets........not FBS / Bowl Games!!!!!!!!
Start your own thread if you want to talk about FBS teams........

Twentysix
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh god someone just enraged the pretend internet message board police!

ndsubison1
11-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Come on now...you are really going to say the Big 10 is a better conference than the Big 12 because they have 5 teams in the top 15? The only legit top 15 the Big 10 has is Ohio St., the Big 10 is a medicore conference top to bottom, with a few downright awful teams, the Big 12 has an elite team, and should have had 2 more if it wasen't for the Dez Bryant B.S. and Sam Bradford injury. I would still put my money on Texas and Ok State against anyone in the B10. Minnesota and Michigan St. should not be in a bowl, and Northwestern and Wisconsin are going to go to a bowl and get their asses handed to them by a middle of the road SEC, Pac 10, or ACC team. Bowl Eligible...big frickin deal...are you honestly going to say that Minnesota deserves to go to a bowl game?

if you wanna play that card iowa has had a ton of injuries too

the experts agree with me also

ndsubison1
11-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't disagree in bold, but the SEC is still overrated. And the bottomline is, the Big10 is no longer the powerhouse conference it once was...I'd take the top 3 in the big12 over the top 3 in the big 10 anyday.

I'm not talking about "top 25" teams because we ALL know Oklahoma is better than a 5 loss team, they just got punched in the mouth and quit(well and they lost Bradford). Oklahoma State lost Dez Bryant and Kendall Hunter(pretty sure hunter is back now and lost playing time). I assure you there is no competition between the big 10 and big 12. If there is one conference I really question its the PAthetiC 10.

Either way, polls don't mean shit and we'll see how some of it plays out at the end of the year.

Amen!

Pac 10 is better than the Big 12 and Big 10

56BISON73
11-24-2009, 11:38 PM
if you wanna play that card iowa has had a ton of injuries too

the experts agree with me also

Up to 3 weeks ago-----

Hawkeye Critics --- Do the Math.
The undefeated Iowa football team has a message to its media critics: Do your homework.
The school's sports information department released a report on hawkeyesports.com Monday showing Iowa's schedule has been ranked the seventh-toughest in the nation with opponents having a .586 winning percentage.
The 9-0 Hawkeyes' No. 4 ranking in the computer-driven BCS poll, has been heavily criticized.
Detroit Free Press columnist Drew Sharp said Iowa "might be the worst 8-0 team ever" before Saturday's wild 42-24 come-from-behind win over Indiana.
Noting that officials wrongly overturned a Terrance Turner touchdown reception for the Hoosiers, the Cincinnati Enquirer's Bill Ludwig said, "The Big Ten referees absolutely stole the game from the Hoosiers." Iowa dropped from No. 7 to 8 in the Associated Press media poll after the tight squeeze.
Iowa's online defense statement noted:
* Iowa has become just the second team in Big Ten history to beat Penn State, Michigan State and Wisconsin on the road in the same season. Michigan pulled the feat during its 1997 national championship season.
* The two teams Iowa does not play in the Big Ten this season -- 3-6 Purdue and 2-6 Illinois -- have the worst overall records in the league.
* Iowa's opponents have a better total won-lost record and winning percentage (44-31, .586) than BCS No. 5-ranked Cincinnati (30-36, .454), No. 6 Texas Christian (34-33, .507) and No. 7 Boise State (27-37, .421).
* The won-loss records of Iowa's remaining opponents -- Northwestern, Ohio State and Minnesota -- is 17-10, better than Oregon's, Cincinnati's, Boise State and Texas Christian.
* Iowa has beaten three opponents currently ranked inside The Associated Press Top 25 poll -- Penn State, Arizona and Wisconsin.
Of course, the only numbers that really matter in the long run are the ones in the final BCS poll.

BisoninNWMN
11-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Gotta cheer for the MV.....Go Jacks!!

BisBison
11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
How good is Eastern Ill? Could they give Southern a game? Gotta Cheer for our conference; Bunny Saluki final that's what I'm hoping for.

KUlawJack
11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
How good is Eastern Ill? Could they give Southern a game? Gotta Cheer for our conference; Bunny Saluki final that's what I'm hoping for.

From what I picked up on AGS, I don't think EIU will challenge them much. The OVC is a pretty weak conference. I think former Iowa Hawkeye QB Jake Christensen starts for them. He was turrable in Iowa City.

IzzyFlexion
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
From what I picked up on AGS, I don't think EIU will challenge them much. The OVC is a pretty weak conference. I think former Iowa Hawkeye QB Jake Christensen starts for them. He was turrable in Iowa City.

Yes. As a high school senior, Christiansen was named Illinois Player of the Year by the Champaign-Urbana Gazette and was the QB for the state champions at the highest/largest school level. This lefty is an extremely talented football player but off the field problems have stunted his college career.

56BISON73
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Jake had some high points and low points while in IC. The problem was he didnt get any better and was still making rookie mistakes in his junior year.

Herd
11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Geez Guys, gotta pull for the Jacks and SIU all the way. How can you not pull for the Jacks. I'll want to beat the pants off them next year, but you gotta pull for them on Saturday, especially agains the Griz (that's an easy one folks)

I don't have a problem cheering for anyone in the Valley, the exception maybe being UNI. They would have to be playing the Griz for me to cheer for them.

devin45k
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Geez Guys, gotta pull for the Jacks and SIU all the way. How can you not pull for the Jacks. I'll want to beat the pants off them next year, but you gotta pull for them on Saturday, especially agains the Griz (that's an easy one folks)

I don't have a problem cheering for anyone in the Valley, the exception maybe being UNI. They would have to be playing the Griz for me to cheer for them.

How can u pull for the Jacks? I thought they were supposed to be our rivals.....I guess they are not and never will be

BisonNeil
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
The way I see it, the MVFC will never get the respect of the Big Sky or the CAA if the teams that get into the playoffs don't win. CAA got four teams this year, five teams this year. BS got three teams this year. MVFC has never gotten more than two that I know of.

If you want the Bison to get considered for the playoffs, even in a 20 team playoff system, the MVFC has to get over the hump and have its invitees do well. Last year SIU lost in the first round. Year before that UNI lost in the quarterfinals. Why invite a third team from a conference that has only a champion that is competitive?

Of course, if you think Bohl can actually build a contender with his own players, you are probably of the thought NDSU will be competitive in the MVFC and win it ever year and all of this doesn't really matter.

The realist in me wants the dogs and the bunnies to do well and do the MVFC proud. It can only help the Bison.

Bisonguy
11-26-2009, 01:21 AM
The way I see it, the MVFC will never get the respect of the Big Sky or the CAA if the teams that get into the playoffs don't win. CAA got four teams this year, five teams this year. BS got three teams this year. MVFC has never gotten more than two that I know of.

If you want the Bison to get considered for the playoffs, even in a 20 team playoff system, the MVFC has to get over the hump and have its invitees do well. Last year SIU lost in the first round. Year before that UNI lost in the quarterfinals. Why invite a third team from a conference that has only a champion that is competitive?

Of course, if you think Bohl can actually build a contender with his own players, you are probably of the thought NDSU will be competitive in the MVFC and win it ever year and all of this doesn't really matter.

The realist in me wants the dogs and the bunnies to do well and do the MVFC proud. It can only help the Bison.

MVFC had four teams in the playoffs in 2003, and three in 2006. Didn't feel like looking past that.

onbison09
11-26-2009, 04:13 AM

Maybe?? :confused:

BisonNeil
11-26-2009, 03:56 PM
MVFC had four teams in the playoffs in 2003, and three in 2006. Didn't feel like looking past that.

True.

But you failed to mention the MVFC only had 1 team in 2004, which is what they also only had in 2001 and 2002. Getting more than 3 teams in the playoffs has only happened twice in the past decade. During the last ten years the MVFC has averaged exactly 2 teams each year over that period of time.

I still believe that if the MVFC is going to consistently get more than 2 teams into the playoffs that will happen only one of two ways; 1) when FCS exapands to a 24 team playoff or, 2) the MVFC is more competitive in the playoffs. In the past decade only two MVFC teams have made the championship game and MVFC teams have failed to make the semis in three years. No MVFC team has won the championship since W. Kentucky did in 2002.

I did the stats on all the conferences last year and while statisitcally speaking the MVFC ranks third in conferences when looking at the playoff picture (behind Southern and CAA), I think the Big Sky is getting more respect from the committee that decides the playoff teams. The BS has never had less than 2 teams in the playoffs during the past decade (MVFC has had only 1 three times in the past 10 years) and they have made the championship game four times, winning once in 2001.

So, go dogs and bunnies! Make the MVFC proud!

TheBisonator
11-26-2009, 11:04 PM
At least the MVFC isn't as bad as the OVC has gotten.

Bisonguy
11-26-2009, 11:30 PM
True.

But you failed to mention the MVFC only had 1 team in 2004, which is what they also only had in 2001 and 2002. Getting more than 3 teams in the playoffs has only happened twice in the past decade. During the last ten years the MVFC has averaged exactly 2 teams each year over that period of time.

I still believe that if the MVFC is going to consistently get more than 2 teams into the playoffs that will happen only one of two ways; 1) when FCS exapands to a 24 team playoff or, 2) the MVFC is more competitive in the playoffs. In the past decade only two MVFC teams have made the championship game and MVFC teams have failed to make the semis in three years. No MVFC team has won the championship since W. Kentucky did in 2002.

I did the stats on all the conferences last year and while statisitcally speaking the MVFC ranks third in conferences when looking at the playoff picture (behind Southern and CAA), I think the Big Sky is getting more respect from the committee that decides the playoff teams. The BS has never had less than 2 teams in the playoffs during the past decade (MVFC has had only 1 three times in the past 10 years) and they have made the championship game four times, winning once in 2001.

So, go dogs and bunnies! Make the MVFC proud!

Ummmm.... you do remember that Western Kentucky was a member of the MVFC before NDSU and SDSU became members, right? Looks like you remembered they won the championship, but forgot they made the playoffs? :confused:

2001- UNI and WKU both in the playoffs.
2002- WIU and WKU both in the playoffs.
2004- SIU and WKU both in the playoffs.