PDA

View Full Version : Bohl will be back....but as a fan would you fire him? A WHALE of a poll!

WYOBISONMAN
11-22-2009, 02:07 PM
It is always fun to see what the fans are thinking....so here it goes. Put yourself in Taylor's shoes and let's here it. We are going to have a WHALE of a poll here!! Poll voting will close in 48 hours!

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
If Bohl gives us another year like this one.......IMO, he will be gone.

Hopefully he can get this team together.

WYOBISONMAN
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I say give him another year......he really has put some great teams of the field and has given us some of our most storied seasons. That is surely worth seeing if he can right the ship.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm in favor of another go 'round. As I scour through different posters' and beat writers' analysis regarding all of the issues that caused this downward spiral the thing that sticks out the most to me is the extraordinary number of major injuries that this team has suffered this season. It is absolutely stunning to see all of them in list format. Now, I realize that there are some valid points being thrown around that question decisions regarding time management, defensive schemes, personnell usage, etc. But I honestly think that most of this disaster can be traced back toward struggling to get kids on the field that have experience and ability to carry out a game plans.
There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL that the injury bug will resurface next year to the level that it has in the 2009 campaign. Statistically, it's nearly impossible.

HandoEX
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
He deserves another year to improve this team, and HE WILL:nod:

Grizzled
11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm in favor of another go 'round. As I scour through different posters' and beat writers' analysis regarding all of the issues that caused this downward spiral the thing that sticks out the most to me is the extraordinary number of major injuries that this team has suffered this season. It is absolutely stunning to see all of them in list format. Now, I realize that there are some valid points being thrown around that question decisions regarding time management, defensive schemes, personnell usage, etc. But I honestly think that most of this disaster can be traced back toward struggling to get kids on the field that have experience and ability to carry out a game plans.
There is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL that the injury bug will resurface next year to the level that it has in the 2009 campaign. Statistically, it's nearly impossible.

Every team deals with injuries, its the coaches job to build depth and building depth isn't moving a running back to linebacker.

BisonNeil
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I agree Bohl will never get fired, despite my earlier prediction that it would happen after NDSU has another losing season next year. I've changed my mind, Taylor will never fire Bohl no matter how bad it gets.

However, I find it interesting that Georgia Southern fired their HC after his third year.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4268572

Hatcher went 18-15 in three years with another coaches' recruits. Bohl is 9-13 with his recruits the past two years. I guess the difference is that Geo Southern has expectations in DIAA.

I wonder when Geo S. will be coming to Fargo? 2010 perhaps? NDSU could use a win at home after going 1-4 this year, the worst since 1962, an unfathomable statistic given how bad NDSU was at football prior to the arrival of Mudra.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Every team deals with injuries, its the coaches job to build depth and building depth isn't moving a running back to linebacker.

I'm fully aware of the nature of the sport and that injuries are a huge part of it. I made a career out of injury management in sports. And I can tell you that it doesn't take an expert to see that the number of significant injuries that the Bison encountered this season are much higher than one would expect to see in a given year at any level.
In addition, once you start chipping away at the depth chart when these serious injuries knock out your #1 and #2 guys, it is not reasonable to think there's going to be alot of success with your #3 guys.

NDSU1980
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
The thing that makes me question Bohl is the absolutely stupid things he did, particularly in the last half of the season. Some of his game decisions were absolutely asinine. I won't go into details since a few people here go off the deep end about what I post.

At any rate, Bohl let too many others make mistakes when they shouldn't even have been in the position to make them.

bisoneer
11-22-2009, 04:00 PM

So could Les Steckel, heck it cannot get much worse than this year.

HandoEX
11-22-2009, 04:05 PM
So could Les Steckel, heck it cannot get much worse than this year.

I don't quite understand what you're saying:confused: Steckel was a disaster from the first minute he was hired.

CaBisonFan
11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
It's been a two-year slide...with questionable hirings in the coordinator positions. It's the trend.

Bison"FANatic"
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I give him one more year but I hope he fires himself as the special teams coach and gives the responsibility to another coach.

EndZoneQB
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM

And proves he can recover from his recruiting mistakes. I'll give him atleast next year. If we show significant improvement by beating atleast one of the 3big teams in the MVFC, and finishing with a winning record, he'll have my vote to stay again. I don't expect playoffs next year, it's basically a pipedream at this point.

Bison"FANatic"
11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
And proves he can recover from his recruiting mistakes. .

This is what I think may keep him here. The last 3 classes look very good and I think he has learned and improved compared to what he was doing recruiting the Jr and Sr classes.

bisonranch
11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
With the resources NDSU has it's a huge coaching lapse to not recruit some key positions well.....or at all like we've seen in a few cases. I'd be scared of other lapses that may arise. Also, the teams of the past 3 seasons have come out playing flat in the first half way too often. This armchair coach says have a whale of a retirement or freshen up that resume.

SDbison
11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Fire Bohl, the defensive coord and the offensive coord. Maybe a couple other coachestoo. It's not just the lapse in recruiting, its the stupid game decisions. Apparently Breske is so incompetent he can't give us a chance of stopping a team on 3rd or 4th down and when they go for 2 points. No excuse for the program to drop so far and its an indicator of the talent of the guy at the top. Forget to recruit QB's? Call stupid fake punts?

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Fire Bohl, the defensive coord and the offensive coord. Maybe a couple other coachestoo. It's not just the lapse in recruiting, its the stupid game decisions. Apparently Breske is so incompetent he can't give us a chance of stopping a team on 3rd or 4th down and when they go for 2 points. No excuse for the program to drop so far and its an indicator of the talent of the guy at the top. Forget to recruit QB's? Call stupid fake punts?

bohl didnt call the fake punt against indiana state, prelvitz did... just to clear that up

SDbison
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
bohl didnt call the fake punt against indiana state, prelvitz did... just to clear that up
Referring to the one I believe against SIU that didn't need to be called........

Jdubs21
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
For all of the injuries and and young players on this team...there was only 2 games this season that were out of the question and that was northern iowa and iowa state

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
For all of the injuries and and young players on this team...there was only 2 games this season that were out of the question and that was northern iowa and iowa state

hopefully we can turn those into W's next season

bisonbills
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
There was just something that was off about this team. I can't really say what it was, but they were unable to put their foot on the other team's neck when they had them. They would always allow them back in. The killer instinct wasn't there. Whether that is coaching or players or a combination of both, I don't know, but I learned a long time ago that sh!t rolls down hill......

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 02:56 AM
please show how everybody voted

SDbison
11-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Bohl has to go........that's how I voted.

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 05:34 AM

The problem with building depth with limited schollies is you never know which position is going to get the injury bug. Huge difference between depth in 1-A and 1-AA. 22 schollies is two complete teams. 1 offense and 1 defense.

unbison
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
The problem with building depth with limited schollies is you never know which position is going to get the injury bug. Huge difference between depth in 1-A and 1-AA. 22 schollies is two complete teams. 1 offense and 1 defense.
invalid point!
We are not trying to get to the rose bowl PL....... trying to compete in the MVFC which is FCS and all the teams have the same number of schollies as NDSU..... BOHL MUST GO

BisoninNWMN
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I voted to give him another year but if he gives us a repeat of this year.....see ya!!!

Bison"FANatic"
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I voted to give him another year but if he gives us a repeat of this year.....see ya!!!

+++++++++++++++ Me to

Grizzled
11-23-2009, 12:55 PM
I voted he should go. The players both this year and last just don't seem to be responding to him anymore. It takes more than a year to repair that relationship. I'd rather start fresh while this team is still young than start learning a new system when all these young guys are juniors and seniors. Might be wasting some good years. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year going 6-5 with all the talent he had.

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
some of the posts in here give me reason not to return to Bisonville

Grizzled
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
some of the posts in here give me reason not to return to Bisonville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc

I kid ming. We don't want anyone to leave.

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 06:16 PM
invalid point!
We are not trying to get to the rose bowl PL....... trying to compete in the MVFC which is FCS and all the teams have the same number of schollies as NDSU..... BOHL MUST GO

Youre right my post made too much sense and wasnt reactionary enough.:D

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
You know you cant blame it all on him...We have a lot of young players and we had a lot of injuries

Twentysix
11-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Most of our games were pretty close.

Seriously, Mertens single handedly beat us early in the year, and later in the year the injuries were winning games.

Look at the SIU game, we held them to a pretty low scoring game at there house. Mertens defeats the bison.

SHSU, Bad defensive coverage, (1) serious flaw, our coverage didnt know how to cover someone who was 14 inches taller than them.

From then on it was a free fall of both injuries and mertens.

Once Jose got in there he even defeated teams without a fucking defense!

Everyone knew he had pendisidus or w/e in his arm and thats why he wasnt throwing well and you all talked shit about him his first few games.

Once that went away he had great performances and either led us to victory or led us to a close defeat with NO FUCKING DEFENESE.

Im sorry but Jose stays, DJ+Ojuri, More WR+Returing WR. A non injured defense, most of our defensive freshman are going to be partialy seasoned.

The only real ? i can see is the line, and that could get nasty.

Worst case scenario at QB Jose is #1 which is a win in my book. Best case one of the new QB's overtakes his spot.

Once we have an air attack our RB's wont need to be nearly as good as PP is.

Tatanka
11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Worst case scenario at QB Jose is #1 which is a win in my book. Best case one of the new QB's overtakes his spot.

This much I agree with.

unbison
11-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Youre right my post made too much sense and wasnt reactionary enough.:D
Maybe in Arkansas that is called deductive reasoning...... where I am from we call it making excuses

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Maybe in Arkansas that is called deductive reasoning...... where I am from we call it making excuses

No excuses just the facts. Ive learned most reactionaries when looking for a desired effect in an agenda dont want to be bothered with facts.

You have better odds on picking which flu vaccine should be used on any given year than trying to build depth for any given position to guard against injuries for said position.

Grizzled
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM

Seriously, Mertens single handedly beat us early in the year, and later in the year the injuries were winning games.

Look at the SIU game, we held them to a pretty low scoring game at there house. Mertens defeats the bison.

SHSU, Bad defensive coverage, (1) serious flaw, our coverage didnt know how to cover someone who was 14 inches taller than them.

From then on it was a free fall of both injuries and mertens.

Once Jose got in there he even defeated teams without a fucking defense!

Everyone knew he had pendisidus or w/e in his arm and thats why he wasnt throwing well and you all talked shit about him his first few games.

Once that went away he had great performances and either led us to victory or led us to a close defeat with NO FUCKING DEFENESE.

Im sorry but Jose stays, DJ+Ojuri, More WR+Returing WR. A non injured defense, most of our defensive freshman are going to be partialy seasoned.

The only real ? i can see is the line, and that could get nasty.

Every team deals with injuries.

Our 3 wins came against Wagner and the two worst teams in our league. Without Pat we would have got blown out of some games.

BisonFan33
11-24-2009, 12:02 AM
I am with you FIRE BOHL

The thing that makes me question Bohl is the absolutely stupid things he did, particularly in the last half of the season. Some of his game decisions were absolutely asinine. I won't go into details since a few people here go off the deep end about what I post.

At any rate, Bohl let too many others make mistakes when they shouldn't even have been in the position to make them.

tjbison
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Every team deals with injuries.

Our 3 wins came against Wagner and the two worst teams in our league. Without Pat we would have got blown out of some games.

and you know what sucks we are the third worst team in the league:smh: :smh: :hide:

tjbison
11-24-2009, 12:08 AM

I voted for ONE and only ONE more year just to see if these younger players are for real. But can also understand that some want him fired.

BadlandsBison
11-24-2009, 12:19 AM
I just can't vote one way or the other right now. But a couple things, Bohl is generally a genuine guy. If had to pick between him and say a guy like Brewster, well I'd take Bohl hands down.

And when you look at what recruits say about Bohl, he's not a "I'm great I'm great" recruiter. I've heard quite a few quotes from new recruits saying how honest and straight forward he is about playing at NDSU and getting an education. That is something i appreciate seeing as a fan.

bisonwest
11-24-2009, 12:38 AM
I voted to keep him atleast another year. I just think we risk damaging the program further. And the way it looks the last couple recruiting classes have some potential. My guess is that the program will be fine, but it's not gonna happen overnight. We need to see marked improvement. If this time next year we're commiserating over a 3 or 4 or even 5 win team then changes probably need to be made.

bisonwest
11-24-2009, 12:44 AM
I voted to keep him atleast another year. I just think we risk damaging the program further. And the way it looks the last couple recruiting classes have some potential. My guess is that the program will be fine, but it's not gonna happen overnight. We need to see marked improvement. If this time next year we're commiserating over a 3 or 4 or even 5 win team then changes probably need to be made.

unbison
11-26-2009, 05:10 PM
No excuses just the facts. Ive learned most reactionaries when looking for a desired effect in an agenda dont want to be bothered with facts.

You have better odds on picking which flu vaccine should be used on any given year than trying to build depth for any given position to guard against injuries for said position.
that was never my point you originally were speaking of limited schollies... and we have the same number as everyone we are competing with for a playoff spot

56BISON73
11-26-2009, 05:16 PM
that was never my point you originally were speaking of limited schollies... and we have the same number as everyone we are competing with for a playoff spot

Obviously you missed my point of---you never can telll which position will be hit by injuries so you cant stock pile depth at a certain position. Some times you get lucky some times you dont when you play that game.
But there are always some yahoos that fly off the handle and just cant understand why there isnt all this great depth for every position---hence my explaination of the difference in schollies as a point of reference.

unbison
11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
here it is what you said..... limited schollies seems to be part of your point:hide:
ooh yeah how is life in that box

56BISON73
11-26-2009, 05:27 PM
here it is what you said..... limited schollies seems to be part of your point:hide:

You read and interpreted what you wanted to.:D

unbison
11-26-2009, 05:29 PM
when speaking or writing what you meant is not at the upmost importance.... how it is taken is what is of the most importance

56BISON73
11-26-2009, 08:09 PM
when speaking or writing what you meant is not at the upmost importance.... how it is taken is what is of the most importance

You are the only one that I know of who has questioned the meaning. With that thought in mind I think your mis-interpretatation has more to do with your agenda in the matter.:D

But back to the point at hand---Depth. How do you stock pile players?? How do you know where you will need the depth from year to year????
So lets say you have to have a #1 and 2 O and D. Thats 44 players right there. You need a place kicker and a punter. Thats 46. And we should have a #3 QB. Thats 47. So how or where do you allocate the rest of the schollies????

unbison
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM
I have an agenda?...... you are still talking about the lack of schollies......in your last post....wow...... how pompous are you on this board...... I think you and Lakes have the such inflated egos on here it is laughable...... wondering how your heads fit through the bisonville doors:nod:

56BISON73
11-27-2009, 02:49 AM
I have an agenda?...... you are still talking about the lack of schollies......in your last post....wow...... how pompous are you on this board...... I think you and Lakes have the such inflated egos on here it is laughable...... wondering how your heads fit through the bisonville doors:nod:

Of course. Whats so hard to understand about you. Youve been bitching about Bohl for two years. So you read in to my post what you wanted to.
But nice try at misdirection. So do you want to discus the the original premise or is personal comments all youve got ??????

CaBisonFan
11-27-2009, 06:16 AM
I say give him another year......he really has put some great teams of the field and has given us some of our most storied seasons. That is surely worth seeing if he can right the ship.

Whale of a post WYO. ;)

CaBisonFan
11-28-2009, 03:46 PM

He's taken the "I know it all so let's stop talking about it...been there, done that...black & white for me so it should be for you...end of discussion, I'm stoppin' it"...approach. The basic concept of any forum is that you read what you want, don't read what you don't want, and let others discuss what they want to.

Beating a dead horse may be tiresome to some, but for newer members, it ain't dead. Some concepts are never dead. As long as people respond to a topic with real discussion & interest, it ain't dead. It 'has' been approaching 'pompous' lately. He's a good guy, but as with most of us, he's going through a phase right now. Not sure what the problem is. I'm choosing to 'ignore.' Think we could all use a bisonville gathering, lots of beer, and a great season to revive our spirits. Think we'd all benefit...and we'd also find that we have a LOT in common.

56BISON73
11-28-2009, 07:26 PM
He's taken the "I know it all so let's stop talking about it...been there, done that...black & white for me so it should be for you...end of discussion, I'm stoppin' it"...approach. The basic concept of any forum is that you read what you want, don't read what you don't want, and let others discuss what they want to.

Beating a dead horse may be tiresome to some, but for newer members, it ain't dead. Some concepts are never dead. As long as people respond to a topic with real discussion & interest, it ain't dead. It 'has' been approaching 'pompous' lately. He's a good guy, but as with most of us, he's going through a phase right now. Not sure what the problem is. I'm choosing to 'ignore.' Think we could all use a bisonville gathering, lots of beer, and a great season to revive our spirits. Think we'd all benefit...and we'd also find that we have a LOT in common.

I suggest you go back to the ORIGINAL post I responded to. Then you will find that UN was doing nothing more than trolling.
If you would have followed the thread you wouldnt be responding with another of your idiotic posts. I also suggest you not worry about any supposed phase Iam going through until you get your meds regulated. In doing so you will give everyone a break.

On another note there ARE some things that are matter of fact. My original post was matter of fact in regards to limited schollies. Nothing pompus about that.. But the possibilities of working within the constraints of limited schollies in how to possibly build depth was open to discussion. UN wasnt willing to discuss that as he was more interested in trolling.

BisonNeil
11-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I suggest you go back to the ORIGINAL post I responded to. Then you will find that UN was doing nothing more than trolling.
If you would have followed the thread you wouldnt be responding with another of your idiotic posts. I also suggest you not worry about any supposed phase Iam going through until you get your meds regulated. In doing so you will give everyone a break.

On another note there ARE some things that are matter of fact. My original post was matter of fact in regards to limited schollies. Nothing pompus about that.. But the possibilities of working within the constraints of limited schollies in how to possibly build depth was open to discussion. UN wasnt willing to discuss that as he was more interested in trolling.

You know PL, I used to like reading your stuff, now you are just a bore. Same stuff all the time, you tell people what idiots they are because you don't agree with them. You complain that people post the same stuff over and over while you do the exact same thing.

Well, go back and crawl back into the hole you came out of. Who made you the BV policeman anyway?

56BISON73
11-28-2009, 09:31 PM
You know PL, I used to like reading your stuff, now you are just a bore. Same stuff all the time, you tell people what idiots they are because you don't agree with them. You complain that people post the same stuff over and over while you do the exact same thing.

Well, go back and crawl back into the hole you came out of. Who made you the BV policeman anyway?

I guess the same can be said about you. Becareful when you cast stones. I could go on about your incessant rants but then I really would be a bore.

But again nobody wants to discuss the original premise. Which surprises me that you havent weighed in being the self appointed recruiting expert. So instead of being pesonal why not try to discuss how to build depth within the constraints of limited schollies. Or would you just much rather point the finger and just say Bohl sucks???

BisonNeil
11-29-2009, 12:39 AM
I guess the same can be said about you. Becareful when you cast stones. I could go on about your incessant rants but then I really would be a bore.

But again nobody wants to discuss the original premise. Which surprises me that you havent weighed in being the self appointed recruiting expert. So instead of being pesonal why not try to discuss how to build depth within the constraints of limited schollies. Or would you just much rather point the finger and just say Bohl sucks???

It is interesting that you would accuse me of making the discussion personal, because that is ALL you do, and several have tried to make you stop and think, but to no avail. At least my rants are about football. Your rants are just to chew everyone's ass. Must be fun.

With that said, Bohl has done a poor job of recruiting, and he doesn't deny it, so he does (or did) suck in that respect. It is (was) an undeniable fact.

His claim that they got complacent in their recruiting is interesting. How do you get complacent in recruiting with your second and third class when you only have one in the bag? You don't, unless you're convinced you will be gone and it won't matter.

As for the lack of depth, I can't disagree with your premise that it is difficult to build a lot of depth with only 65 scholarships. However, my counter argument is that the lack of depth on the immediate past team was really due to his high attrition rates in the current Sr and Jr classes. Too many guys in several positions just did not make it, that is why in fall camp there were several positions (LB, DB, OL) in which TFr or RFr, or walkons, were the backups even before the injuries took place. So, limited scholarships are only a part of the explanation, lousy recruiting in 2005 and 2006 are the other.

My two cents.

56BISON73
11-29-2009, 12:51 AM
It is interesting that you would accuse me of making the discussion personal, because that is ALL you do, and several have tried to make you stop and think, but to no avail. At least my rants are about football. Your rants are just to chew everyone's ass. Must be fun.

With that said, Bohl has done a poor job of recruiting, and he doesn't deny it, so he does (or did) suck in that respect. It is (was) an undeniable fact.

His claim that they got complacent in their recruiting is interesting. How do you get complacent in recruiting with your second and third class when you only have one in the bag? You don't, unless you're convinced you will be gone and it won't matter.

As for the lack of depth, I can't disagree with your premise that it is difficult to build a lot of depth with only 65 scholarships. However, my counter argument is that the lack of depth on the immediate past team was really due to his high attrition rates in the current Sr and Jr classes. Too many guys in several positions just did not make it, that is why in fall camp there were several positions (LB, DB, OL) in which TFr or RFr, or walkons, were the backups even before the injuries took place. So, limited scholarships are only a part of the explanation, lousy recruiting in 2005 and 2006 are the other.

My two cents.

Those are my thoughts as well about our current situation. Which actually made our depth problem worse when it was all said and done.

But lets say there wasnt a high attrition rate couple with the injuries its still hard to build depth. So what it really comes down to is if your team dodges the injury bullet or not. Even the big schools have to dodge that bullet to be successful. I know its crazy but luck has alot to do with it.

Tatanka
11-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Truly, this is a whale of a thread.

WYOBISONMAN
11-29-2009, 02:28 AM
Thread reopened......let's keep a civil discourse when we debate. And.....we all know there are some interesting perspectives to be debated.

BisonNeil
11-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Those are my thoughts as well about our current situation. Which actually made our depth problem worse when it was all said and done.

But lets say there wasnt a high attrition rate couple with the injuries its still hard to build depth. So what it really comes down to is if your team dodges the injury bullet or not. Even the big schools have to dodge that bullet to be successful. I know its crazy but luck has alot to do with it.

You are probably right about Lady Luck. Assuming Kramer hasn't changed anything in the strength and conditioning end, the number of season ending and game-limiting injuries suffered by the Bison in 08 and 09 are significantly higher than what happened in 06 and 07, or at least it seems. Lady Luck was smiling on those 10-1 teams.

Twentysix
12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Wyo you were quoted in the forum! :P And your poll was used as data. Of course i wouldnt of known this without ming doing the research on inforum.com

SDbison
12-28-2009, 01:42 PM
You are probably right about Lady Luck. Assuming Kramer hasn't changed anything in the strength and conditioning end, the number of season ending and game-limiting injuries suffered by the Bison in 08 and 09 are significantly higher than what happened in 06 and 07, or at least it seems. Lady Luck was smiling on those 10-1 teams.
Not so much good fortune at the end of the season for the last 10-1 team in '07. The Bison were pretty banged up going into the SDSU game. Roehl was definitely not even close to 100%. We used Blincoe a bunch and he got nowhere. Paschall must of been hurt too because I don't recall seeing him out there and he got quite a few good carries against Minnesota. I also believe there were some dinged up guys on the lines. The result was a win for the bunnies and it gave them a big boost of confidence to get where they are today. The Bison have been going down hill ever since.

steelbison
12-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Not so much good fortune at the end of the season for the last 10-1 team in '07. The Bison were pretty banged up going into the SDSU game. Roehl was definitely not even close to 100%. We used Blincoe a bunch and he got nowhere. Paschall must of been hurt too because I don't recall seeing him out there and he got quite a few good carries against Minnesota. I also believe there were some dinged up guys on the lines. The result was a win for the bunnies and it gave them a big boost of confidence to get where they are today. The Bison have been going down hill ever since.

Correct, we were really banged up the last three games of that year. Injuries are part of the game but we have had our fair share the past three years.

Let's hope we can stay healthy next year and with a competent QB I like our chances against anyone on our schedule..