PDA

View Full Version : Its over!!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Thank god this season has finally ended. My hope it that Bohl can pick up the pieces and get a real football team on the field next year.

1-We saw some decent play by Jose this year, but to win consistently he has got to kick it up a notch. He has been better than Mertens, but not by a huge amount.

2-For god sakes get us a special teams coach. This has been a horrible area for multiple seasons and the writing is on the wall. HAVING BOHL COACH SPECIAL TEAMS IS NOT WORKING! (Sorry....just went a little "Lakes" there.)

3-I really am shocked at the D Breske has put on the field. That disaster at the end of the game today was so poor that I could not even post until now. I have always said that Breske deserves another year after this........but.....I probably wouldn't shed any tears if he went packing after watching this today.

Here's to next year........please.....oh please.....let's get it right.......:banghead:

TheBisonator
11-22-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm taking a 12 week respite from Bison football. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Let's get back in touch when March Madness is over.

RRVBISON
11-22-2009, 03:47 AM
I'm taking a 12 week respite from Bison football. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Couldn't agree more. My head hurts....

HandoEX
11-22-2009, 04:23 AM

Death before taking a break from Bison football for me! There is no way I'm going to take a break ever, especially through the recruiting season.

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2009, 04:37 AM
mohler was pretty accurate today.

i thought he did well enough to win. he'll be good...his td passes were very nice, a couple "on a frozen rope" type passes.

im more optomistic with mohler going into next season than i was with mertens going into this year. good to get him seasoned also.

HerdBot
11-22-2009, 05:21 AM
Thank god this season has finally ended. My hope it that Bohl can pick up the pieces and get a real football team on the field next year.

1-We saw some decent play by Jose this year, but to win consistently he has got to kick it up a notch. He has been better than Mertens, but not by a huge amount.

2-For god sakes get us a special teams coach. This has been a horrible area for multiple seasons and the writing is on the wall. HAVING BOHL COACH SPECIAL TEAMS IS NOT WORKING! (Sorry....just went a little "Lakes" there.)

3-I really am shocked at the D Breske has put on the field. That disaster at the end of the game today was so poor that I could not even post until now. I have always said that Breske deserves another year after this........but.....I probably wouldn't shed any tears if he went packing after watching this today.

Here's to next year........please.....oh please.....let's get it right.......:banghead:

Next year should be better. The good and bad observatoins and changes. (in no particular order)

1) Jose is already as good as Mertens and he's only played 4 games.
2) Tons of young talent that got some ugly but valuable playing time. Hopefully it pays off and this season's failures werent for nothing.
3) We're stacked at RB
4) Need a new DC that the players will respond to. I don't question Breske's "X's & O's" but players don't play for him. You can see it in their body language.
5) The receivers need to step up their game. They looked lost running routes.
6) Shore up special teams. It's lost us 2-3 games this year. Next year it could cost Bohl his job. Need to drop the lame punt formation and get a kicker.
7) Coaches and assistant coaches must remove heads from asses. Sorry couldn't resist although I think Vigan had done a solid job for a rookie playcaller. He's already better than Breske.
8) Need some team leadership

Check this out... 6 of the 11 defensive starters for the Youngstown game (if you count Boyer) are freshamn or sophmores. At least 2 more more played significant playing time. These guys will learn the defense this offseason, get stronger and faster, and improve next year.

DE 86 Jared Hines (Boyer regular starter is a sophmore)
NG 99 Mike Fairbairn
DT 70 Matthew Gratzek
DE 90 Garrett Johnson (sophmore)
LB 45 Fred Bussey
LB 44 Preston Evans (sophmore)
LB 56 Brandon Jemison (true freshman)
CB 31 Brendin Pierre (true freshaman)
FS 7 Daniel Eaves (sophmore)
SS 15 Kyle Belmont
CB 4 Josh Gatlin

Played significant time.
Eddie Beson - redshirt freshamn
S. Stoczynski.- sophmore

Scooter1
11-22-2009, 05:21 AM
Was anyone else screaming time out on 4th and goal when the defenseman lined up on the outside of the receiver?!?! That was a touchdown before the snap. God this defense sucks. I didn't think it possible, but these guys found another way to lose a game. A blocked field goal for a TD.....My oh My.

56BISON73
11-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Was anyone else screaming time out on 4th and goal when the defenseman lined up on the outside of the receiver?!?! That was a touchdown before the snap. God this defense sucks. I didn't think it possible, but these guys found another way to lose a game. A blocked field goal for a TD.....My oh My.

I have NEVER seen a team be 1st and goal from the 5 and give up 7 points. Hey who was punting at the end of the game??? Was that Voitlander??? Didnt Mertens punt in HS???? My god with all the players on this team somebody HAD to have punted in HS. Wouldnt you think?????

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I have NEVER seen a team be 1st and goal from the 5 and give up 7 points. Hey who was punting at the end of the game??? Was that Voitlander??? Didnt Mertens punt in HS???? My god with all the players on this team somebody HAD to have punted in HS. Wouldnt you think?????

All the special teams were a complete joke this year.

We play in a frickin dome....we should be able to get a "quality" kicker and punter.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Totally frustrating year.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

At least UNI got beat and will miss the playoffs....:nod: :nod: :nod:

Hope the Jacks go out and kick some ass in the playoffs.......where we should be....not 3-8.......fu**!!

OldBison
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Next year should be better. The good and bad observatoins and changes. (in no particular order)

1) Jose is already as good as Mertens and he's only played 4 games.
2) Tons of young talent that got some ugly but valuable playing time. Hopefully it pays off and this season's failures werent for nothing.
3) We're stacked at RB
4) Need a new DC that the players will respond to. I don't question Breske's "X's & O's" but players don't play for him. You can see it in their body language.
5) The receivers need to step up their game. They looked lost running routes.
6) Shore up special teams. It's lost us 2-3 games this year. Next year it could cost Bohl his job. Need to drop the lame punt formation and get a kicker.
7) Coaches and assistant coaches must remove heads from asses. Sorry couldn't resist although I think Vigan had done a solid job for a rookie playcaller. He's already better than Breske.
8) Need some team leadership

Check this out... 6 of the 11 defensive starters for the Youngstown game (if you count Boyer) are freshamn or sophmores. At least 2 more more played significant playing time. These guys will learn the defense this offseason, get stronger and faster, and improve next year.

DE 86 Jared Hines (Boyer regular starter is a sophmore)
NG 99 Mike Fairbairn
DT 70 Matthew Gratzek
DE 90 Garrett Johnson (sophmore)
LB 45 Fred Bussey
LB 44 Preston Evans (sophmore)
LB 56 Brandon Jemison (true freshman)
CB 31 Brendin Pierre (true freshaman)
FS 7 Daniel Eaves (sophmore)
SS 15 Kyle Belmont
CB 4 Josh Gatlin

Played significant time.
Eddie Beson - redshirt freshamn
S. Stoczynski.- sophmore

Unfortunately, they will probably be looking at whether or not Beson can come back and play football anymore. His knee never healed and it may be an inoperable situation. That would be a shame, he is talented.

bisoneer
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
I saw some former players at the vball game later after the debacle with Ytown... They are all glad the misery is over too... My final thoughts on what we need to do to get better:

1. DEFENSE must improve, da! The dback issues is rock bottom now and the coach should go as far as Im concerned as we need at least one casualty from the coaching staff.

2. QB - Mohler is better than Mertens but only in the last 2 games. He now has confidence but his arm strenght on down and outs needs work and I hear his off field attitude needs a lot of work... If he stays off the brew maybe he'll be ok, but competition for this spot would be great.

3. O line: they were awesome this year, but losing many to graduation, this will be a problem next year so we need a qb that can run alot and take a pounding, Mohler is not going to handle the pounding.

4. Kicking: it really sucked this year. #30 is our best leg, give him a scholly and work with him. On the punting, go back to the standard punt formation, that kicking out of a closet formation just SUCKS.

5. RB: we should be solid at this spot, Voight needs more opportunity here, he could be the next Steffes.

6. LB: showed a lot of improvment but need to try a 3-4 to cover the outside flats better next year.

7. D-line, we had big stats here against Ytown, 3 or 4 sacks, 6 tackles for loss and we still lose the game, go figure. This will be another shining star next year on the D line I think.

Tatanka
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Finally, we have no more opportunities to suck in 2009!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlm232KRlQ

BisonNolesFan77
11-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Voightlander did punt in H.S., he did all of the PAT's and FG's as well for Centennial H.S.

BadlandsBison
11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, they will probably be looking at whether or not Beson can come back and play football anymore. His knee never healed and it may be an inoperable situation. That would be a shame, he is talented.

I really think Beson would have been our best line backer this season. Certainly would have helped playing him in the middle letting Preston play on the outside.

Preston did a good job in the middle but I think he is a more natural outside line backer. It'll be interesting to see where our linebackers end up next season. Lets hope we get some more bodies who can stay healthy.

56BISON73
11-23-2009, 05:58 AM
I saw some former players at the vball game later after the debacle with Ytown... They are all glad the misery is over too... My final thoughts on what we need to do to get better:

1. DEFENSE must improve, da! The dback issues is rock bottom now and the coach should go as far as Im concerned as we need at least one casualty from the coaching staff.

2. QB - Mohler is better than Mertens but only in the last 2 games. He now has confidence but his arm strenght on down and outs needs work and I hear his off field attitude needs a lot of work... If he stays off the brew maybe he'll be ok, but competition for this spot would be great.

3. O line: they were awesome this year, but losing many to graduation, this will be a problem next year so we need a qb that can run alot and take a pounding, Mohler is not going to handle the pounding.

4. Kicking: it really sucked this year. #30 is our best leg, give him a scholly and work with him. On the punting, go back to the standard punt formation, that kicking out of a closet formation just SUCKS.

5. RB: we should be solid at this spot, Voight needs more opportunity here, he could be the next Steffes.

6. LB: showed a lot of improvment but need to try a 3-4 to cover the outside flats better next year.

7. D-line, we had big stats here against Ytown, 3 or 4 sacks, 6 tackles for loss and we still lose the game, go figure. This will be another shining star next year on the D line I think.

You forgot special teams as a whole. The worst I have ever seen. I figured between blocked punts, missed and blocked FGs and x points, punter giving them great field position and the KO team giving the opponents field position on the 30-40 way too many times etc they cost us 2 games.