PDA

View Full Version : Humber & Mays

CaBisonFan
11-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Yesterday I did an edit of the full game version of the 2006 Cal Davis game. Prior to that, I did the same thing with the 2007 Minnesota game.

I knew that Humber and Mays were great players...but after breaking down those two games, I caught the depth of just how good these guys were. They were in the backfield, sideline to sideline, and in short to medium pass coverage, inflicting pain. They were rarely beaten or missed a tackle. Total intimidation on every play.

Other players stood out, like Craig Dahl and Justin Frick. Others could be named for sure.

Preston Evans is a major player now, as is Gratzek...but we're lacking for intimidators, with great range, like the four that I mentioned. And I agree with the other thread(s) about the coaching.

stevdock
11-22-2009, 02:43 AM
I thought Gratzek had one heck of a game today. He was all over the place, especially considering he is an interior D-lineman.

Preston Evans has got to fill holes and meet at the line of scrimmage instead of consistently 3-4 yards down field.

Herd
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
We will have a strong D Line next year. LB and DB playmakers are needed. The LB's should be pretty good if some of injured players like Anderson return. Jemison, Evans, Anderson should be solid if they are healthy. I still like the idea of Jemison at SS, he could be a difference maker.

The scheme (bend and break) needs to be tightened up. Plays are consistently being made 5-10 yards downfield instead of in the backfield. We did not have the confidence and aggressiveness needed to excel this year.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
We will have a strong D Line next year. LB and DB playmakers are needed. The LB's should be pretty good if some of injured players like Anderson return. Jemison, Evans, Anderson should be solid if they are healthy. I still like the idea of Jemison at SS, he could be a difference maker.

The scheme (bend and break) needs to be tightened up. Plays are consistently being made 5-10 yards downfield instead of in the backfield. We did not have the confidence and aggressiveness needed to excel this year.

I need to have an "expert" to weigh in on Justin Juckem. I was so fired up when I heard of him being signed because he was so highly touted on the "Recruiting" thread. I don't remember where and when, but I remember reading something on B-Ville perhaps mid-season that suggested he may not be as studly as first thought??
Also, I see that in his gobison bio that he played some outside linebacker in HS and seems to have good physical numbers (6' 4" 235#) for that position. Perhaps there will be some thought about LB here in his future....
Anyone.....

A1pigskin
12-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Yesterday I did an edit of the full game version of the 2006 Cal Davis game. Prior to that, I did the same thing with the 2007 Minnesota game.

I knew that Humber and Mays were great players...but after breaking down those two games, I caught the depth of just how good these guys were. They were in the backfield, sideline to sideline, and in short to medium pass coverage, inflicting pain. They were rarely beaten or missed a tackle. Total intimidation on every play.

Other players stood out, like Craig Dahl and Justin Frick. Others could be named for sure.

Preston Evans is a major player now, as is Gratzek...but we're lacking for intimidators, with great range, like the four that I mentioned. And I agree with the other thread(s) about the coaching.

Prime example of why they are in the NFL. This is something that should be shown to our players.

westnodak93bison
12-01-2009, 06:07 PM
imho, no current LB is even close to Humber or Mays even when they were freshman and sophomores

lakesbison
12-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Jemison will play in the NFL.

stevdock
12-01-2009, 06:53 PM

WAY TOO EARLY to tell. Does he have the ability?? Possibly, have to wait and see. Does he want to do the work to make it happen?? From what I've heard yes, but we'll have to see.

bisonmike2
12-01-2009, 09:18 PM

Jinxed! The curse of Lakes. Now he has no chance.:(

Notorious
12-01-2009, 09:47 PM

What the hell??????

OrygunBison
12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Jinxed! The curse of Lakes. Now he has no chance.:(

That's exactly what I was thinking.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2009, 04:27 AM

LOL, but, he isn't from OUTSIDE of ND. How can this be possible. I can't wait for you to get on the Thorton bandwagon, you owe me beers then.

lakesbison
12-02-2009, 04:46 AM
his daddy who taught him is a minnesota legend who also played at NDSU, so ill claim him for minnesota.

thorton will be a solid safety his jun/sen year.

CaBisonFan
12-02-2009, 06:23 AM
LOL, but, he isn't from OUTSIDE of ND. How can this be possible. I can't wait for you to get on the Thorton bandwagon, you owe me beers then.

If you're right about Esley Thorton...I'll buy you a beer company...:cool:

Bison06
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
his daddy who taught him is a minnesota legend who also played at NDSU, so ill claim him for minnesota.

thorton will be a solid safety his jun/sen year.

A Breckenridge legend yes, Minnesota legend? I think that is pushing it Lakes. Plus you can't claim Jemison for Minnesota because his dad is from there, he is an ND kid.

Fightin' Bison
12-02-2009, 05:59 PM

What position?

westnodak93bison
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
looks like Joe gets the start tonight
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=phi&formationId=16

westnodak93bison
12-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Session is Questionable so maybe Humber gets more time today.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=ind&formationId=16

tjbison
12-13-2009, 03:20 PM

GO BISON!!!!;)

if you watched his last start you get it:p

Bison101
12-13-2009, 04:48 PM
GO BISON!!!!;)

if you watched his last start you get it:p

4 tackles isn't too shabby from last week! Let's see if he'll be a force in today's crucial game! Go Joe!

WRSDBison
12-14-2009, 12:41 AM

He was in on the kickoff after their score and that was it. Hasn't been on the field since.

aces1180
12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
He was in on the kickoff after their score and that was it. Hasn't been on the field since.

He wasn't in the introductions.

TbonZach
12-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Mays forced a fumble during the kick return on the last play of the half.

TheDoctor
12-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Mays forced a fumble during the kick return on the last play of the half.

That a boy Joseph! ;)

Amused
12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
There's a story about Humber in the StarTrib today, but need Premium access to see it. Anyone have that and could paste the story?

http://www.startribune.com/s?action=login&elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc%3A_Yyc%3AaULPQL7PQLa nchO7DiUr

Bison_Pride
12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
The last stat I saw had Humber leading the team in special teams with 11 solo tackles.

NDSUstudent
12-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Humber is the leading tackler for the Colts right now with five.

Craig Dahl is leading the Rams in tackles with six.

fbsbison
12-27-2009, 10:28 PM
mays had a nice hit on special teams, Humber and Dahl are doing amazing, congrats bison alum's!

bisonmike2
12-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Humber is the leading tackler for the Colts right now with five.

Craig Dahl is leading the Rams in tackles with six.

You want to ready some funny shiat, go over to the Colt live blog and read the comments from their fans. What a bunch of whiny biatches. They are pissed because Manning and the other starters are sitting.

http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/sports03/399990509

Mr. Burgundy
12-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Looks like Humber has 7 tackles and Dahl has 8. ESPN stats. Good work guys.

NDSUstudent
12-27-2009, 10:59 PM
You want to ready some funny shiat, go over to the Colt live blog and read the comments from their fans. What a bunch of whiny biatches. They are pissed because Manning and the other starters are sitting.

http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/sports03/399990509

Yeah, those same fans would probably have their torches and pitchforks out if Manning had a significant injury in a meaningless game. At least lakes is over there to talk some sense into them ;)

IndyBison
12-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah, those same fans would probably have their torches and pitchforks out if Manning had a significant injury in a meaningless game. At least lakes is over there to talk some sense into them ;)
The reason the Colts fans are mad is they played Peyton until 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and pulled him with a lead. If you are going to save players to prevent injuries, don't do it that late in the game and 5 quarters from a perfect season. Fans would have accepted an injury at the risk of going for 19-0. Since they were doing this to prevent injury going into the playoffs, nothing less than a Super Bowl win will be acceptable.

As for Peyton...he has never left a game with a slight injury so the chances of him getting hurt in the last 5 quarters are so slim. Dumb move at that point of the game.

Jdubs21
12-28-2009, 12:16 AM
looks like humber led the team in tackles today with 9...8 solo....CONGRATS RAMON!!

NDSUstudent
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
The reason the Colts fans are mad is they played Peyton until 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and pulled him with a lead. If you are going to save players to prevent injuries, don't do it that late in the game and 5 quarters from a perfect season. Fans would have accepted an injury at the risk of going for 19-0. Since they were doing this to prevent injury going into the playoffs, nothing less than a Super Bowl win will be acceptable.

As for Peyton...he has never left a game with a slight injury so the chances of him getting hurt in the last 5 quarters are so slim. Dumb move at that point of the game.

I am sure he played because the coach wanted to keep him and the other starters sharp. You can't just take a month off before the playoffs start or at least I don't think many would recommend it. Why would fans accept an injury? If Manning is hurt it is all over.

I know he wasn't injured but the risk is always there. I thought the coach did a good job in trying to give Manning and the starters some time while still trying to keep the streak.

IndyBison
12-28-2009, 04:04 AM
I am sure he played because the coach wanted to keep him and the other starters sharp. You can't just take a month off before the playoffs start or at least I don't think many would recommend it. Why would fans accept an injury? If Manning is hurt it is all over.

I know he wasn't injured but the risk is always there. I thought the coach did a good job in trying to give Manning and the starters some time while still trying to keep the streak.

That's exactly why they played as long as they did. But if you are going to play them until nearly the end of the third quarter, what's one more quarter with an opportunity to go 16-0. I know a Super Bowl is more important but to win the Super Bowl and go 16-0 is something special. They had a chance to do it and didn't even try. That's what is so disappointing.

As they showed today the season is over if Manning gets hurt but the risk of him getting injured is so low. He's only been sacked 10 times all year!! He's never missed a play in his 12-year career because of injury. The risk wasn't that great. The Colts have a history of great regular seasons and playoff flame-outs and that could still happen regardless of whether they won today or not.

The issue is they had a chance to do something special (19-0) and didn't even try. That's what is disappointing. I totally support them resting people next week because now that game doesn't matter at all. This was just disappointing.

stevdock
12-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Personally I'm glad for the Colts that they lost. I don't think they are going to make the Super Bowl as I don't think they are the best team in the AFC. To have a team go undefeated in the regular season and then lose in the playoffs, maybe even the first round, would be very tough to handle.

lakesbison
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Humber 7 tackles in the snow today

Dahl leads the rams with 5 tackles and 1 sack. great games guys!!

Mays is on right now and they had about a 5 second shot of him on punt defense.

good job guys!!