PDA

View Full Version : Defense

westnodak93bison
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
What in the hell is going on with this defense? When was the last time our middle LB came up and stuffed the run at the line? Our secondary is constantly chasing receivers and never ever seem to have a jump on the ball.
Pressure from the front 4 is lacking is inconsistent at best.

Bison"FANatic"
11-21-2009, 10:05 PM
There is a difference in a player being not quite good enough to be playing the level he is playing. Those players are usually in the right position but are just a 1/2 step slow or just a little off. The there is a player that is so far out of position and getting burned that it makes him look foolish. That in my opinion is a coaching problem. The coaches did not have this team ready to play and had the players seconding guessing themselves after they got beat deep countless times in the Sam Houston game. What did we have 3 interceptions all year. Hell when you play 10 yards off the receiver the whole damn year you are not going to get a interception or have anyone fear you. Injuries and young will be the excuses we hear but excuses are like assholes everyone has one and it comes down to our D did not get it done all year and that falls on the coaches as they didn't have the players improving.

RANT OVER

CaBisonFan
11-21-2009, 11:09 PM
What in the hell is going on with this defense? When was the last time our middle LB came up and stuffed the run at the line? Our secondary is constantly chasing receivers and never ever seem to have a jump on the ball.

A combination of obnoxious coaching, inexperience, a few holes as far as talent & depth, and injuries. Coaching would be #1.

BisonNeil
11-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Bohl is 9-13 with HIS recruits.

His legacy, as far as I am concerned, is that he had taken us full circle. He took over a 2-8 team and he managed to recruit, develop and produce the same kind of record, at 3-8, 7 years later.

You want to blame coaching, so do I, but you don't need to look very hard at who to blame.

Enough said.

CaBisonFan
11-21-2009, 11:42 PM

His legacy, as far as I am concerned, is that he had taken us full circle. He took over a 2-8 team and he managed to recruit, develop and produce the same kind of record, at 3-8, 7 years later.

You want to blame coaching, so do I, but you don't need to look very hard at who to blame.

Enough said.

I am totally in your camp. New blood is needed. I feel strongly that Craig Bohl was an excellent/outstanding transition coach. But his time is up at NDSU.

BisoninNWMN
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
With a Tampa-2, you need a very good pass rush from the front 4.....and we did not have this, this year. It frees up the LBs to move freely from sideline to sideline......our LBs were mediocre at best (probably poor). Our secondary was horrible this year.

MV teams will keep exploiting our glaring weaknesses with this defense.

What a year......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Trampled
11-22-2009, 02:31 AM
The first half I never once saw a DB wrap up on a tackle! Aparently turning and bumping into the runner is the new style of tackling!! Or rather attempting to tackle.

stevdock
11-22-2009, 02:35 AM
The first half I never once saw a DB wrap up on a tackle! Aparently turning and bumping into the runner is the new style of tackling!! Or rather attempting to tackle.

I am so tired of seeing this. Thankfully we don't have to see it again until next fall :hide:

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 03:04 AM

i thought the pressure was pretty good tonight... which i was surprised by our blitzing tonight. with our defense it's very risky to blitz that often because of our sub-par tackling and less than stellar coverage

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 03:05 AM

Enough said.

i agree lets fire them all... how about we send them all packing... give me a break

DjKyRo
11-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Well, Bohl's got six months to turn this team around 180 degrees. If he can't, you can bet there are going to be some very upset alumni and some very empty Fargodomes.