PDA

View Full Version : Fire Breske

EndZoneQB
11-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Seriously, if any one blew it this year it was Breske. Whats up with a 4-3 defense on the game winning drive?? They were running 3 or 4 WRs the whole time and the best we can come up with is a 4-3??? We don't have Humber or Mays anymore...we need to switch to a nickel or dime once in awhile.

MNLonghorn10
11-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Agreed he's a turd

bosco
11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Fire someone! Fire anyone! I don't care who! The water boy, the towel boy, the coaching boy...please for the love of God and country trim the fat(heads)!:banghead:

Question to think about: When is the last time we had a defense this bad? I've been following NDSU football since 1983 and I can't think of a defense that sucked every single game!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bison"FANatic"
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I know the guy comes with great accolades and acomplishments but he is also the coach in charge of the DB's and well I hope he moves on. He may have had a top rated D at wyoming but I just didn't see the coached improvement in anyone besides Pierre.

bisonmike2
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Fire someone! Fire anyone! I don't care who! The water boy, the towel boy, the coaching boy...please for the love of God and country trim the fat(heads)!:banghead:

Question to think about: When is the last time we had a defense this bad? I've been following NDSU football since 1983 and I can't think of a defense that sucked every single game!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

There has never been a defense this bad at NDSU. I would venture to say that there has never been a defense this bad in the history of the NCC or MVFC. Almost 29 points a game given up. I'm not sure on yards given up but I'm sure you could probably go from the earth to the moon several times in just passing yards.

westnodak93bison
11-21-2009, 10:00 PM
compare this year's individual talent to the 2007 team.
Not one LB comes close to Mays, Humber or even Maresh imho.
Not one DE comes close to Lardinois imho.
John Richardson was a stud corner imho. Dahl and Schommer as safeties.
The talent isnt there at this time. Not saying the current guys cant get better.

IzzyFlexion
11-21-2009, 10:03 PM
I am not going to defend the defense (whoa, that's an odd statement..).....but it is amazing that at 3-8 the Bison outscored their opponents. And, yes, I realize that the 2 blowout wins slant that stat quite a lot.
At times the front 4 was getting into the backfield fairly well but certainly not at crunch time.

semobison
11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
What pisses me off is that we went soft after we were ahead by 11, All they did was take what we were giving them, I knew we were in trouble after our last 3 and out. Pressure was working earlier, then we went soft and got chewed up! D backs cant tackle or read the ball, so u might as well gamble and keep sending pressure...Piss poor coaching...

HerdBot
11-21-2009, 10:12 PM
The talent isnt there at this time. Not saying the current guys cant get better.

Yeah when you lose 2 linebackers who are playing legit time in the NFL, a safety that started for th Rams, and another guy who got drafted your going to suffer. Especially when you replace them with freshman and sophmores. But who recruited the replacements?

westnodak93bison
11-21-2009, 10:14 PM
shouldnt it be total cake to recruit replacements for guys like that
god how easy must it be to sell a kid on coming to NDSU? I dont get it.

HerdBot
11-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Seriously, if any one blew it this year it was Breske. Whats up with a 4-3 defense on the game winning drive?? They were running 3 or 4 WRs the whole time and the best we can come up with is a 4-3??? We don't have Humber or Mays anymore...we need to switch to a nickel or dime once in awhile.

I'm more pissed about the time management at the end. We finished the game with 2 unused timeouts.

EndZoneQB
11-21-2009, 10:53 PM

Yeah, well I addressed this. Breske wasn't here then, so why should he have trouble running a nickel set?? Time and time again I see our LBs moving out to cover slot guys(hell even safeties, even tho our defense is pourus...we should use the 2 cover 2 guys to help out our corners deep, not to cover man to man, etc) It just doesn't make sense to me...it seems so frreaking obvious that it hurts. I understand running a 4-3 if you think you can stop their offense, but when that doesn't work you need to be flexible. Look at the vikings. When ever we decide to run a nickel against a passing offense, rather than our 4-3, we do quite a bit better. I don't give a shit about talent, theres no way Jemison can cover better than our DBs...if so, we need to recruit better.

CaBisonFan
11-21-2009, 10:56 PM
We have an offensive defense. The stench travels through cyberspace.

semobison
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Time management didnt lose us the game! Piss poor defense did! When we went prevent after going up by 11 we were done. I think we had a decent defensive scheme for most of the game then chanfed it and went soft with the lead. when you have a secondary that cant cover, cant tackle, the only chance you have is to send pressure. Their QB struggled when we were in our blitz scheme and had pressure. When we only rushed four he picked us apart. Poor, stupid coaching move!

BisoninNWMN
11-21-2009, 11:43 PM
3rd and 23 on the last drive and we give them a 15 yd cushion then on 4th and 9 we give them a 10 yd cushion.......WTF

This Tampa-2 is a joke with our personal.

Our DBs were totally outclassed this year in the MV.

What a FB season.......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wally
11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
He needs to go...end of story!! Or wait maybe he can coach special teams

spelunker64
11-22-2009, 12:05 AM

And Lardinois wasn't that great either...

X-Factor
11-22-2009, 12:50 AM
I believe it was the 2nd to the last TD that Y-town scored, they ran the same FREAKING play 4 or 5 times in a row and do you suppose we had anyone within ten yards of the receiver to make a play on any of those downs? NOPE

I don't know who, but at least one of the defensive coaches needs to be smacked over the head with an eight foot two-by-four.

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2009, 02:01 AM
I don't know who, but at least one of the defensive coaches needs to be smacked over the head with an eight foot two-by-four.

thats not going to do anything with their heads being empty.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2009, 03:02 AM
No, give him another season. There has been enough transition at D-Cord and I think there is reason to believe that he can turn it around.

Bison_Pride
11-22-2009, 03:03 AM
Is Breske even allowed to make changes to the defense? I would bet that he was brought in to adapt to the defense that was already in place.

Square peg, round hole. Who answers to that?

TheBisonator
11-22-2009, 03:13 AM
No, give him another season. There has been enough transition at D-Cord and I think there is reason to believe that he can turn it around.

Yes, let's keep them all and go 1-10 next year!!!

North Side
11-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Yes injuries happened... but on the flip side it doesnt matter there were many games we could have won this year. I am still sitting on the fence not sure how I feel yet. I know something got to change I just dont know what.

HandoEX
11-22-2009, 03:25 AM
I do not want to see another Breske coached defense unless it's a team the Bison play against.

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 03:28 AM
assistant coaches need to be replaced before Bohl does IMO

HerdBot
11-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Defense is an emotional game and he doesn't get the players fired up. That offsets any skills he has. Throw in young players and its a recipe for disaster.

TheBisonator
11-22-2009, 03:38 AM
Teams all across the MVFC are praying that we keep Breske.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2009, 03:51 AM
I still think Breske can be good, plus the defense needs consistency. I'll look at his track record and hope that this season was just a fluke rather than hope we can find somebody good after we fired a guy after one season.

I will say he had nothing to work with, you start true freshman at multiple positions in this league and you are going to look bad.

This team does need a special teams coach though, that is one change I would like to see made.

EndZoneQB
11-22-2009, 04:22 AM

This is a play calling problem, not even a personnel problem. It's not difficult to call a nickel defense on a spread team. It's basic football, nothing more. Dumb a defense down, run basic packages, etc. Plus, aren't we short at LB?? We should jump at the chance to sit in the nickel if the other teams have a spread offense. Then again, it seems like we've been sitting in a base 4-3 since Bohl has been here. Maybe its not Breske?

I can understand he may not have a great personnel selection, but he can't make anything happen?? What's it hurt to change the scheme a little bit?? It CAN'T be any worse. If it's not working, we need to get a little creative. We fail at thinking outside the box(is a nickel defense really outside the box??). It's awful.

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 04:41 AM
pretty sure there is a limit to the number of assistant coaches you can have, hence no special teams coach :innocent:

HerdBot
11-22-2009, 04:43 AM
I still think Breske can be good, plus the defense needs consistency. I'll look at his track record and hope that this season was just a fluke rather than hope we can find somebody good after we fired a guy after one season.

I will say he had nothing to work with, you start true freshman at multiple positions in this league and you are going to look bad.

This team does need a special teams coach though, that is one change I would like to see made.

Experience can be good but this guy is obviously burned out and needs to retire. Some people get smarter and others just get crusty and complacent with age. Players flat out do not respond to him. I'd rather have a guy who has less skills but can actually motivate players.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2009, 07:40 AM
This is a play calling problem, not even a personnel problem. It's not difficult to call a nickel defense on a spread team. It's basic football, nothing more. Dumb a defense down, run basic packages, etc. Plus, aren't we short at LB?? We should jump at the chance to sit in the nickel if the other teams have a spread offense. Then again, it seems like we've been sitting in a base 4-3 since Bohl has been here. Maybe its not Breske?

I can understand he may not have a great personnel selection, but he can't make anything happen?? What's it hurt to change the scheme a little bit?? It CAN'T be any worse. If it's not working, we need to get a little creative. We fail at thinking outside the box(is a nickel defense really outside the box??). It's awful.

Maybe we can't run a nickle defense effectively, we aren't exactly loaded with d-backs. Maybe the coaches just don't want a bigger liability on the field. It is hard to say, but judging on the way our starters have been playing it isn't exactly a stretch.

EndZoneQB
11-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Maybe we can't run a nickle defense effectively, we aren't exactly loaded with d-backs. Maybe the coaches just don't want a bigger liability on the field. It is hard to say, but judging on the way our starters have been playing it isn't exactly a stretch.

We have less LBs than DBs...hell Kevin Jackson(a DB) is a backup LB at this point...it can't be any worse than it is now....

Herd
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
We should hire a coach to call timeouts. Use them effectively and we win yesterday and at Sam Houston. Pretty easy to go 75 yards in 100 seconds, not going to happen in 22 seconds.

If we had used them correctly yesterday, we would have been the team with 2 or 3 plays in the red zone at the end to win the game.

OldBison
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
We have less LBs than DBs...hell Kevin Jackson(a DB) is a backup LB at this point...it can't be any worse than it is now....

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

How do you play nickel when you only really have four DBs that can even begin to play. Lemon is awful, he can't even beat out Belmont who's knee never healed (see Kolpack's article on him in Sat. Forum). Derrius Colvinmakes Bobby Babich look like an all american. I don't think the Bison have ever had a DB worse than Colvin. Gatlin is awful, never looks for the ball, could have easily knocked down the TD pass to 81, but he is basically clueless. Pierre will be good but is a TFr, which is, as Paschall said at the press conference, a "microcosm" of the defense this year. Not enough upper classmen due to poor recruiting and too many TFr/RFr playing. They are going to make mistakes.

So, who do you play in a nickel package? Answer, no one :banghead: :banghead:

bisoneer
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Ah yea, we were at the game too. It looked good most of the 2nd half, Mohler had a good game except for the early pick, but the special teams and defense really need and overhaul, holy cow how bad can it get there? Is it the players or the coaching or both? The Youngtown QB was having on feast on his last 2 drives and he laughed all the way to the bank!