unbison
11-21-2009, 06:45 PM
DJ Is tough as nails

coldspot
11-21-2009, 06:48 PM
as the saying goes "even a blind squirrel finds a nut"

CaBisonFan
11-21-2009, 07:25 PM
His ability was obvious in his high school videos. He just needed to get stronger and gain experience. Probably doesn't hurt to watch PP run downhill either. DJ's stock has gone up big-time this year.

devin45k
11-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I still think Voit and Ojuri would be better starters next year

semobison
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
DJ has showed great improvement this year! I dont know who will start at RB next year, but we need to get DJ plenty of touches!

lakesbison
11-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Im a great.football mind.

DJ doesnt go down....you gotta hurt him.,,

westnodak93bison
11-21-2009, 07:51 PM
DJ has showed pretty good improvement and lets not forget he is only a SO!

HerdBot
11-21-2009, 10:31 PM
DJ Is tough as nails

I'm really impressed. He's gotten so much better since last year. He's got the skills to be as good or better than PP.

IzzyFlexion
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm really impressed. He's gotten so much better since last year. He's got the skills to be as good or better than PP.

Agreed. I'm much more comfortable with DJ as the feature back next year vs. Ojuri.

Bison"FANatic"
11-21-2009, 10:37 PM
The last half of the year DJ started to look a lot better and was hitting the whole and making yards and dancing when he needed to. He made a lot better reads returning than Shamen did today.

HerdBot
11-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Agreed. I'm much more comfortable with DJ as the feature back next year vs. Ojuri.

Voight is gonna be good too. Good problem to have.

CaBisonFan
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Voight is gonna be good too. Good problem to have.

Agreed...and having all three of these guys is good when the injury bug hits.

Jdubs21
11-21-2009, 11:17 PM
well atleast our coaches are good at recruiting RB's...to bad that didnt carry over to the other positions

BisoninNWMN
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
I still think Voit and Ojuri would be better starters next year

100% right on.

DJ is not a #1 RB.....use him on kick-offs and punt returns......we have much better RBs than him.

X-Factor
11-22-2009, 01:46 AM

This, I am not so sure about. PP is definitely better than any running back we have had since Lamar, and yes that includes Steffes and Roehl. DJ has been pretty good so far, but he has a long ways to go before I would ever put him in that company. The biggest issue I see is poor decision making. Hopefully that improves as he becomes more experienced.

Twentysix
11-22-2009, 01:53 AM
This, I am not so sure about. PP is definitely better than any running back we have had since Lamar, and yes that includes Steffes and Roehl. DJ has been pretty good so far, but he has a long ways to go before I would ever put him in that company. The biggest issue I see is poor decision making. Hopefully that improves as he becomes more experienced.

You would of never said that same thing last year.

The kids a sophomore. Your comparing a 19 year old kid to someone whos 22 or 23.

He has no where to go but up.

stevdock
11-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Can he please learn just once that 99% of the time if a kickoff is going out of bounds it is going to be better than trying to return it?? How many more times do we have to see that from him??

Offensive wise, he has improved alot. That should be a very interesting battle through spring and fall ball for who is going to be #1 RB.

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 03:12 AM
how do you know that was going to go out of bounds? DJ did the right thing by catching it and returning it

stevdock
11-22-2009, 03:24 AM
I may be wrong but it was right in front of me and absolutely looked like it was going out of bounds.

HandoEX
11-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Was in the endzone looking straight at where he caught the kickoff and it sure looked to be heading out of bounds from where I was sitting too.

DJ is a promising back for sure. Hopefully he can play some receiver next year too:nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
11-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Love DJ, Voit, and Ojuri, but you guys realize you're forgetting Sigers as well that got hurt and ended up redshirting, they didn't even redshirt him to begin the year he was playing right away and made an impact in the Iowa State game. we HAVE RBs!!!

unbison
11-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I dont care where DJ plays kick returner, wide out, running back, and oooo yeah linebacker!!! this kid is a team player and the kind of kids we need! obviously will play where ever the coaches want him to!

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 01:46 PM
I dont care where DJ plays kick returner, wide out, running back, and oooo yeah linebacker!!! this kid is a team player and the kind of kids we need! obviously will play where ever the coaches want him to!

Agreed....but we have much better RBs than him.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
100% right on.

DJ is not a #1 RB.....use him on kick-offs and punt returns......we have much better RBs than him.

Agreed....but we have much better RBs than him.

You've said this twice in the span of about 15 hours. Did DJ shoot your dog or something?
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion as far as who the better RBs are, but to say that we should use him only for kick and punt returns is crazy.

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 01:59 PM
You've said this twice in the span of about 15 hours. Did DJ shoot your dog or something?
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion as far as who the better RBs are, but to say that we should use him only for kick and punt returns is crazy.

LOL.....nope, still have my dog here.

Put him at receiver, slot-receiver, or H-back out of motion but he is not an very down back.

Voight-Ojuri-Seigers are better RBs, IMO. Good problem to have at RB but DJ is not the answer to PP at RB.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 02:10 PM
LOL.....nope, still have my dog here.

Put him at receiver, slot-receiver, or H-back out of motion but he is not an very down back.

Voight-Ojuri-Seigers are better RBs, IMO. Good problem to have at RB but DJ is not the answer to PP at RB.

Excellent. Now I feel better. Again, if you think he shouldn't be the feature back......no problem cuz.............
http://www.surveysampler.com/images/Your_Opinion_Counts.jpg

I really don't care who's on the field next year as long as there are better.....no......MUCH better results.:nod:

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 02:13 PM
IZZY.......we are on the same page.....:D :D

Herd
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I like DJ's game and his solid attitude! It will be hard to determine who fits in where next year with . . . . DJ, Voit, OJ, Sigers. But DJ will carry at least part of the load.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
IZZY.......we are on the same page.....:D :D

Roger, Roger. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/voVFcsahtQ0/0.jpg

MHDBisonfan
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I've been waiting for DJ to show me something...and I'll give him his due, he is better now than a year ago. Hard to say if he can be a feature back next year as PP took a vast majority of the snaps...as he should have. How was our running game the one time PP sat out? Not good. DJ rushed 17 times for 57 yards, Mertens rushed 9 times for 54 yards, Ojuri rushed 6 times for 11 yards. That was it. 32 rushes for 122 yards.

So I think the jury is still out on if DJ can be a feature back for us. I hope he makes a huge splash and had a break out season next year. In all honesty though, RB is the least of my concerns for this team, we will be solid at this spot, regardless of which of the backs turns into the "feature" back.

Oh, by the way, thand goodness we pulled the redshirt off Ojuri for the one game "linebacker" experiment. Couldn't we have just used Josh Horner or someone like that as a third RB for that short timeframe in a season where it was clear we weren't going anywhere? :confused:

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I've been waiting for DJ to show me something...and I'll give him his due, he is better now than a year ago. Hard to say if he can be a feature back next year as PP took a vast majority of the snaps...as he should have. How was our running game the one time PP sat out? Not good. DJ rushed 17 times for 57 yards, Mertens rushed 9 times for 54 yards, Ojuri rushed 6 times for 11 yards. That was it. 32 rushes for 122 yards.

So I think the jury is still out on if DJ can be a feature back for us. I hope he makes a huge splash and had a break out season next year. In all honesty though, RB is the least of my concerns for this team, we will be solid at this spot, regardless of which of the backs turns into the "feature" back.

Oh, by the way, thand goodness we pulled the redshirt off Ojuri for the one game "linebacker" experiment. Couldn't we have just used Josh Horner or someone like that as a third RB for that short timeframe in a season where it was clear we weren't going anywhere? :confused:

I am totally in your camp about the Ojuri situation.:mad:
What a tremendous waste of a redshirt. He only carried the ball 32 times and though he was somewhat effective (4.5 yards per carry), seemed fairly tentative to me as he approached the point of attack. DJ, on the other hand, has more of a physical presence than I first thought. I wasn't a big DJ fan until I saw him live at Indiana State. He is a fantastic physical specimen coming at you with some genuine ferocity and confidence. His average yards per carry was only 4.4 but perhaps it's because he was called upon more frequently than Sam in short yardage situations.

Tatanka
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
how do you know that was going to go out of bounds? DJ did the right thing by catching it and returning it

My seats are front row, in teh endzone, looking right up the sideline. It was going out of bounds.

Facts
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Didn't he return it to the 38 anyways? If he lets it go out of bounds we get it at the 40 or 45?? I guess I like him catching the ball (in most situatations) as opposed to the shamen method this season.

ndsubison1
11-22-2009, 08:55 PM
mcnorton has to catch that ball that was right by the sideline, you cant be 100% positive it's going to go out of bounds... i hear this all the time from fans screaming "LET IT GO"... you cant be completely sure it's going to go out of bounds, cant risk it staying in bounds...