PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper Articles

4mcruenomore
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Not sure where to post this. Anybody else save newspapers with sports stories, headlines? I started to frame a few, and hang them in my "mancave", whatever you call it. Not sure if they will last, some of them are a bit beatup already. Some have great pictures "Dominant Debut" (valpo), "NDSU Score Soars, 51 straight points stake a bison victory" (Cal Poly 2006). And I have a bunch from the minnesota games my fav. "Bullied by the Bison". Anyways, I've ran out of things to buy to hang up lately, so I framed a couple of these myself and hung them up. Painting the logo is next, but I'm working up to it.

bisongirl
11-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Not sure where to post this. Anybody else save newspapers with sports stories, headlines? I started to frame a few, and hang them in my "mancave", whatever you call it. Not sure if they will last, some of them are a bit beatup already. Some have great pictures "Dominant Debut" (valpo), "NDSU Score Soars, 51 straight points stake a bison victory" (Cal Poly 2006). And I have a bunch from the minnesota games my fav. "Bullied by the Bison". Anyways, I've ran out of things to buy to hang up lately, so I framed a couple of these myself and hung them up. Painting the logo is next, but I'm working up to it.

Have any issues of Bison Illustrated gracing those walls? ;)

TransAmBison
11-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Have not saved any newspaper articles...but still deciding how to fully decorate my bar in my house. I have the Dome framed picture, a Bison helmet, flags, and a few carvings*, but there is room for a lot more. Thinking of framing a jersey and putting it up. Just got to get the right jersey.

*Interesting stories on how I got them, I should share them here sometime.

NorthernBison
11-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Some friends of ours gave my 11 year old son a Steve Walker practice jersey for his Bison room. Steve came over to our tailgate before the MSU game and autographed it. I have been looking for just the right box to hang it up in his room.

I think I have every sports section from various papers through the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Lots of articles. Problem is time is not friendly to news clippings exposed to the light. Still boxed up and might stay that way until I decide what to do about them.