PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wieser Story

CaBisonFan
11-18-2009, 11:51 PM
I hadn't read the edition of Bison Illustrated that had the Mike Wieser story in it until this week. I had no idea that he had passed away due to Wilson's Disease. I also didn't know how gifted he was on the football field...or any of the other details about his personality. Thanks for the story Joshua.

He died because he couldn't afford the treatments that were available. Three grand a month is pocket change for the health conglomerates.

I will never forget the great catch that he made in the Montana game to score the winning touchdown. (Think I have the right guy.) Correct me if I'm wrong.

While the story was excellent, the details of how and why he passed away made me ill.

HerdBot
11-20-2009, 02:52 AM
I hadn't read the edition of Bison Illustrated that had the Mike Wieser story in it until this week. I had no idea that he had passed away due to Wilson's Disease. I also didn't know how gifted he was on the football field...or any of the other details about his personality. Thanks for the story Joshua.

He died because he couldn't afford the treatments that were available. Three grand a month is pocket change for the health conglomerates.

I will never forget the great catch that he made in the Montana game to score the winning touchdown. (Think I have the right guy.) Correct me if I'm wrong.

While the story was excellent, the details of how and why he passed away made me ill.

He died because he couldn't afford the treatments. That sucks. I don't want to turn this into a healthcare debate but to all the people who are concerned about a "government death panel"... what do you call the insurance company here? A death panel!!

99Bison
12-04-2009, 02:28 AM
For those of you who missed it, it's posted online now:
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=69

CaBisonFan
12-04-2009, 02:45 AM
He died because he couldn't afford the treatments. That sucks. I don't want to turn this into a healthcare debate but to all the people who are concerned about a "government death panel"... what do you call the insurance company here? A death panel!!

This is a 'human' story about one of our Bison players...a guy that made a piece of Bison history out in Montana...launching our team into DI with that amazing win. I will ne-ver forget what this team did. Kyle Steffes...one of our very best running backs. This team, admittedly, brought me back to the program. I had lost touch with it after moving to CA. This was my wakeup call to Bison football...as this real-life story was to the life (and plight) of Mike Wieser.

You haven't made it political. Thanks gabe...thanks for the link 99...and thanks to Joshua for writing this story so well. Took a little courage. I admire that.