PDA

View Full Version : Dance Marathon

duluthbison
11-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Hey bisonvillers, I just want to let you know about an exciting event planned for NDSU on December 5-6 from 1pm to 1am at the Bentson Bunker Field house, it's our 3rd annual Dance Marathon.

Dance Marathon is a 12 hour event which is exactly what it sounds, we are a student run organization which raises money to help support the Children's Miracle Network and the Merit Care Children's Hospital in Fargo. The event is open to anyone at NDSU, cost is $15 and that helps pay for event supplies, entertainment, and your t-shirt. Last year we raised over $12,000 and this year we hope to raise over $15,000.

If you are interested then please head over to our website at www.ndsuforthekids.org and click on the "Register or Donate" link at the top of the page, you will be redirected to a secure website with the Childrens Miracle network where you will be able to RSVP to the event and pay ahead of time the $15 fee which helps guarantee your t-shirt which you will receive at the door - we really are encouraging registration online. Also while you are registering you have the option to create a team, so for example you could create a Bisonville team and set a fund raising goal for the whole team (but paying beyond the $15 entrance fee is not required but extra fund raising is encouraged!).

You also have the option to register for our website which allows access to our message board, this board will allow you to keep in touch with what is happening at Dance Marathon with out going to our weekly planning meetings which are on Wednesday's at 7 in the Lark room of the Union. To register for our site just go on the sidebar on the right, scroll down and click register. Then follow the instructions on the page and you will be registered. Once that is finished you can go back to our site and click on "Message Board" to start posting away.

We also have a Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Fargo-ND/NDSU-Dance-Marathon/149986539230 so please become a fan and get updates straight to your news feed. We also have a Listserv which we send emails out to regularly so if you would like to be added then please contact me - look below to find out how.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, pm me on this site, or click on the contact us tab on the Dance Marathon website and send us a message.

cbline
11-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I have a dance marathon story from the early 80's. Had a marathon in the "Old Fieldhouse" as it was called in those days to benefit muscular dystrophy. They gave out a prize to the organization with the most people participating, and our group from the Newman Center (the Catholic church on campus) won an 8-GALLON KEG FROM POLAR PACKAGE!!!! How ironic!!! We threw a big party that went down in history!!

duluthbison
11-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a dance marathon story from the early 80's. Had a marathon in the "Old Fieldhouse" as it was called in those days to benefit muscular dystrophy. They gave out a prize to the organization with the most people participating, and our group from the Newman Center (the Catholic church on campus) won an 8-GALLON KEG FROM POLAR PACKAGE!!!! How ironic!!! We threw a big party that went down in history!!

Haha, something tells me that some people at NDSU would not appreciate that. BTW, since when does the catholic organization throw a kegger??:D

cbline
11-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Haha, something tells me that some people at NDSU would not appreciate that. BTW, since when does the catholic organization throw a kegger??:D

"Strike while the iron is hot". That's the reason we had the kegger!! Who would turn down free beer?!?!?!? Many memories were made that night, and some memories were lost in the haze.

GOB1SON
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
WIll it be a "Pants Off - Dance Off"? :D

duluthbison
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
WIll it be a "Pants Off - Dance Off"? :D

Well since there will be children there for the beginning under the age of 10.......

You may end up as someone's "Bubba" at the state prison........or sometimes referred to as........NAMBLA :nod: :D

*Thank-you John Stewart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMupwUD8vzk

duluthbison
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
BUMP

Just a reminder that if you are interested in joining, the cut off to ensure that you get your t-shirt is this sunday night.

Also, does anyone on here know of some business who would be interested in helping sponsor Dance Marathon in exchange for free advertising on our website as well as on the back of our t-shirts?

duluthbison
11-23-2009, 04:06 AM
We have a short video ad for the event. Check it out! We will also have a 1 minute ad heading over to the campus movie channel this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iomz9OvAV9I&

ndsubison1
11-23-2009, 04:56 AM
maybe after the SEC Championship at 2:30 :D

duluthbison
11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
maybe after the SEC Championship at 2:30 :D

Great idea...I'll just get my NDSU credit card. They've got some slush funds for this sort of thing.:D

duluthbison
12-03-2009, 12:44 AM
BUMP

Event is only 2 days away! If you are interested please head over to our website at www.ndsuforthekids.org and sign up :)

duluthbison
12-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Just plugging the event some more:D .......Tomorrow at 1pm in the Field House

www.ndsuforthekids.org

duluthbison
12-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I am going to continue to plug this event :P

It's goin on at the field house right now,come by and check it out. We have free food, live music, live dj by Joe heilman, door prizes, and more! We're here till 1am Sunday. Hope to see you all there!!!