PDA

View Full Version : Summit League Tournament Viewing Question

Swany
11-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know whether Labby's, the Turf, or Chubs will be carrying the webcast of the Summit League volleyball championship this weekend?

aces1180
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know whether Labby's, the Turf, or Chubs will be carrying the webcast of the Summit League volleyball championship this weekend?

Want to continue boozing after the football game instead of going to the live match at the BBF? ;)

SDbison
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Want to continue boozing after the football game instead of going to the live match at the BBF? ;)
What is the probability that you can actually get tickets to the match let alone have a place to stand and see whats going on?????????

Tatanka
11-17-2009, 06:38 PM
What is the probability that you can actually get tickets to the match let alone have a place to stand and see whats going on?????????

Decent, if you act in advance. Seating capacity will be increased this weekend according to Lynn Dorn.

North Side
11-18-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't think students can get in with their ID card for these game, so I haven't bought a ticket yet.... still debating if I should go or just watch it on webcast or live. Hopefully Wings or Labby's has it.

Tatanka
11-18-2009, 02:56 AM
What would really be sad is if the BBF wasn't packed to the brim to watch a team that has gone undefeated in teh conference two years in a row qualify for the NCAA tournament on their home court.

Seriously. If you need me to lend you the $5 (which along with your student ID gets you in the building), PM me and let me know.

North Side
11-18-2009, 03:57 AM
What would really be sad is if the BBF wasn't packed to the brim to watch a team that has gone undefeated in teh conference two years in a row qualify for the NCAA tournament on their home court.

Seriously. If you need me to lend you the $5 (which along with your student ID gets you in the building), PM me and let me know.

Thanks for the offer Tatanka! Us college kids are always low on $ but if its only 5 bucks or whatever. I am going to go, I just didn't know if there would be any tickets left or if I would make it to the game in time. Saturday is going to be amazing Football at 1 and Basketball at 4 hopefully that gets over with before Vball starts at 7!! I need to get to the BSA ASAP and get those tickets! :nod:

IronRanger
11-18-2009, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the offer Tatanka! Us college kids are always low on $ but if its only 5 bucks or whatever. I am going to go, I just didn't know if there would be any tickets left or if I would make it to the game in time. Saturday is going to be amazing Football at 1 and Basketball at 4 hopefully that gets over with before Vball starts at 7!! I need to get to the BSA ASAP and get those tickets! :nod:

What is the reason for charging students to get in for??? We already pay an athletic fee, why does that not cover it??? Would that mean if we get a home FB playoff game next year we have to pay for that too..oh no I should not have put that idea into the ticket office's head.

Swany
11-18-2009, 04:11 AM
It's a tournament game. Tournament games are not typical home events. They are run/administered by the NCAA. The NCAA gets the gate and decides what to do with it. It is a post-season NCAA Tournament. If ... wait, check that. When we make the playoffs for football and have our first home playoff game in the Fargodome students will have to pay for tickets. It's the same thing as having to pay for tickets for the Summit League basketball tournament or the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

DjKyRo
11-18-2009, 05:05 AM
It's a tournament game. Tournament games are not typical home events. They are run/administered by the NCAA. The NCAA gets the gate and decides what to do with it. It is a post-season NCAA Tournament. If ... wait, check that. When we make the playoffs for football and have our first home playoff game in the Fargodome students will have to pay for tickets. It's the same thing as having to pay for tickets for the Summit League basketball tournament or the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

good catch :nod:

roadwarrior
11-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Students have always had to buy tickets for playoff games.

Tatanka
11-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Sadly, it's been such a long time since we've hosted playoffs that most of the student population wouldn't know that.

bisoneer
11-19-2009, 02:27 AM
To get a good seat at the BBF for the friday nite session would it be a good idea to get there by 4 or is that too early? What time do the doors open??? Thanks.

DjKyRo
11-19-2009, 02:32 AM
To get a good seat at the BBF for the friday nite session would it be a good idea to get there by 4 or is that too early? What time do the doors open??? Thanks.

It's never too early....but three hours before game time might be a bit over the top. As long as you're there by 6 or so I would imagine you'd get a decent seat.

bisoneer
11-19-2009, 02:34 AM
It's never too early....but three hours before game time might be a bit over the top. As long as you're there by 6 or so I would imagine you'd get a decent seat.

Isnt there an early game at 5? Do they chase everyone out after that game and reload it for our game?

IronRanger
11-19-2009, 02:47 AM

There is a MBB game at 4, you should head there until at least 6 then head to the BBF, for some heckling and cheering!!

North Side
11-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Just went to the BSA today got my football ticket and Volleyball ticket for the Championship game!!! I am so jacked for Saturday 1PM FOOTBALL 4PM BASKETBALL 7PM CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! :bunnyb:

Elephants Dream?
11-19-2009, 05:48 AM
bisoneer,
Friday nite matches at 5 and 7:30.
They don't chase you out between matches.
Once IN, you're in for the duration.
BBF should be full Way Before the NDSU match at 7:30!
WBB at 6 PM at the BSA also Friday night.
(Ironranger has his wires crossed and was talking about
Saturday events, not Friday)

Tatanka
11-19-2009, 12:36 PM
bisoneer,
Friday nite matches at 5 and 7:30.
They don't chase you out between matches.
Once IN, you're in for the duration.
BBF should be full Way Before the NDSU match at 7:30!
WBB at 6 PM at the BSA also Friday night.
(Ironranger has his wires crossed and was talking about
Saturday events, not Friday)

GETCHERASSTOTEHBBF, and EARLY!!!!

BisBison
11-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Am I going to have to leave the bball game early to get a decent seat at the vball match?

Tatanka
11-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Am I going to have to leave the bball game early to get a decent seat at the vball match?

Likely, yes, yes you will...

bisoneer
11-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Does anyone know if IUPUI vs. IPFW is going to draw a big crowd? So if we get there by 5 ish we should still get a good seat? What time do the doors open? Any freebees for early birds? not?

Elephants Dream?
11-20-2009, 05:08 AM

My guess is that the good seats at the BBF will be gone
by 5:20. Decent seats by 6.
(My opinion on *good* & *decent*, anyway)
I'll be surprised if it isn't packed by 6:45!
Those of us that go to WBB will get NO seat at all.

DjKyRo
11-20-2009, 07:06 AM
My guess is that the good seats at the BBF will be gone
by 5:20. Decent seats by 6.
(My opinion on *good* & *decent*, anyway)
I'll be surprised if it isn't packed by 6:45!
Those of us that go to WBB will get NO seat at all.

ED bro, I like how everything you write is broken into strange lines, but in a good way. It's like reading haiku. ;)