PDA

View Full Version : Pat Paschall - Future???

jcdcubs
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Do you think he'll go to NFL draft? Free Agent Draft?

Is he good enough to play NFL next year? backup player?

Here 3 top Division I-AA Rushing leaders.

David Sinisi
Att YDS AVG LG TD
280 1375 4.9 52 13

Deji Karim
Att YDS AVG LG TD
189 1357 7.2 93 14

Pat Paschall
Att YDS AVG LG TD
180 1257 7.0 91 13 (he miss 1 game this year)

Bison"FANatic"
11-16-2009, 09:51 PM
He will get a free agent try out for sure. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a late round flyer thrown on him. If he has a good scout day he could make a little noise.

The kid has changed tremendously over the last few seasons. He really can hit the hole and go and doesn't seem to dance anymore.

I just wonder what he would have done had he not had to go against D that was expecting the run nearly every down. He played against numerous 8 and 9 man fronts this year. If our QB and WR could have kept the D honest his numbers would be even better in my opinon.

Just my .02.

Just a side. Paschall has done a great job to get the degree but the piece of paper is so much more for him. He has matured more in the last few years per the coaches. He talked at teammakers a few weeks back and he stated he has grown so much as a person. It sounded to me like he has learned a ton of life lessons and his degree is more than just the piece of paper, him working toward and learning how to overcome difficulties and actually doing it is what getting the degree has been all about. Some people go through college and get a "piece of paper" to hang on the wall, it sounds to me like Pat got a education while at NDSU and I hope it takes him far in life.

bisonhusker
11-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Pat's speech at Team Makers was PRICELESS. I will be a fan of his for a LONG TIME. Great person who has grown up alot over the years. He has not had life handed to him, that is for sure.

Can't wait to cheer for him on Senior Day.

EndZoneQB
11-16-2009, 11:43 PM
I think his knocks are his top end speed and lower body strength. He's proven he can take a beating, but is he physically big enough to do it in the NFL? I haven't seen him up close in person, but it seems like he might have a smaller frame. Either way, he definitely talks like he has grown, and speaks highly of everything at NDSU. Almost reminds me of a Joe Mays type that came here as a boy rough around the edges and left polished as a man.

AKBison
11-17-2009, 01:33 AM
I think his knocks are his top end speed and lower body strength. He's proven he can take a beating, but is he physically big enough to do it in the NFL? I haven't seen him up close in person, but it seems like he might have a smaller frame. Either way, he definitely talks like he has grown, and speaks highly of everything at NDSU. Almost reminds me of a Joe Mays type that came here as a boy rough around the edges and left polished as a man.

Be sure to thank the coaching staff for that....

CaBisonFan
11-17-2009, 01:55 AM
To me...Pat is a very unique type of back. The NFL has gone toward runningbacks that are enormously strong in the legs and with a low center of gravity. Adrian Peterson would be one of the exceptions in terms of his height. I believe that Pat has the skills and athleticism, but he may not appeal to the NFL's attitude about what a prototype back is. Even Adrian Peterson's ability to transfer his skills to the NFL was questioned...and as we all know...Adrian is a new breed of athlete.

And I agree that he has improved greatly...but when I was putting together the 4-quarter edition of the 2007 MN game...I was amazed at just how many big plays Pat had. He had a nose for the first-down marker. IMO...no Pat...no win at Minnesota. He was the 'counter' to the Diesel. His style fooled a lot of defenses. And...to beat a dead horse to death...when he was injured for the last 2 or 3 games of that season...it made our offense much easier to defend.

westnodak93bison
11-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Ever notice he seldom takes a big hit? Seems like he kind of uses the tackler's momentum to help him bounce off while keeping his legs moving down hill.

99Bison
11-17-2009, 03:40 AM
The best NFL quality skill he has developed is the slashing running style as that is the NFL style that works today. Hit the hole hard and fast slice off the blocks.

AllAboutBisonPride
11-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Hope the best for pat no matter what. Everything about the guy seems positive right now. Speaks volumes about a dude who takes defenders and setbacks in life in stride. Pat Pashall; MAN. (what up Jim Rome.)

CaBisonFan
11-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Ever notice he seldom takes a big hit? Seems like he kind of uses the tackler's momentum to help him bounce off while keeping his legs moving down hill.

It's a good point made. And I like the reference to downhill. He almost always finds a way to get something out of a play, and rarely allows a botched play to lose a lot of yards. Downhill Pat...right on.

Jdubs21
11-17-2009, 11:30 AM
With the first pick in the 2010 nfl draft, the detroit lions select running back Pat Paschall from north dakota state university...:)

EndZoneQB
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
With the first pick in the 2010 nfl draft, the detroit lions select running back Pat Paschall from north dakota state university...:)

Millen's gone btw... :hide:

spelunker64
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
With the first pick in the 2010 nfl draft, the Cleveland Browns (after losing the coin toss with Tampa Bay and St. Louis) select running back Pat Paschall from north dakota state university...:)

fixed it for ya

SDbison
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks Pat for choosing NDSU and growing as a person on and off the field to not only earn respect, but praise for the exceptional job you have done. I have enjoyed listening to your interviews with the media over the years as you always seem to put the team in front of yourself. You are a class act. Your contributions will be missed, but you will be remembered as one of many great players to wear the Bison uniform.
Now go out there and get 200 yards on Saturday! Keep on working hard and make a place for yourself in the NFL. Wish you the best whatever happens.

jcdcubs
11-21-2009, 11:13 PM
27 car 140 yds 3 td :nod:

207 car 1397 yds 6.7 avg 16 td :D

only 10 out 11 games.

tony
11-21-2009, 11:48 PM
He had a great game today - kinda wish he'd have had a couple more touches.

BisoninNWMN
11-21-2009, 11:54 PM
He had a great game today - kinda wish he'd have had a couple more touches.

Ya.....should have "rode" him for 200 + today..........:( :( :(

Twentysix
11-22-2009, 01:55 AM
He did great, I still think mohler deserved player of the game :P That kids got it.

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 02:16 AM
He did great, I still think mohler deserved player of the game :P That kids got it.

Moehler??...no way

Jury is still out on him......he made some bad throws today.

Bison"FANatic"
11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Moehler??...no way

Jury is still out on him......he made some bad throws today.

To start the game he looked bad then he settled in.

I think he was 7-10 at half. And he was putting the balls on the receivers and made some great looking throws down the field and made some sweet plays with his legs. I think today was the best QB play we had all year.

westnodak93bison
11-22-2009, 03:04 AM
one cut then downhill in the nfl....no dancing unless you are a once in a couple decade type back like my favorite Barry Sanders

North Side
11-22-2009, 03:12 AM
hope NDSU can keep its NFL draft streak alive, we are doing better than the gophers the past 2 years.

PP and Buckman look to have a shot!

NDSU
2008 Mays
2009 Schommer

Goofers
2008 Barber
2009 Big goose egg
2010 Decker...??? anyone else

NDSUFan_Sav
11-22-2009, 07:23 AM
prob a 1st round maybe 2nd round pick if he slides some, imo he should be a top 10 pick i mean shit.....I love dreaming and even getting our record mixed up with 8-3 instead of 3-8, man 8-3 sounds so much better!!!!

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
He's too small for the NFL. Great 1AA back but if he gets drafted I would be very surprised. Maybe a free-agent try-out.

Herd
11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Since when is 6'0 200 lbs too small for the NFL? In watcing FBS games this weekend, P2 would have been a step up in about every game I watched.

#21 from Oregon is an incredible runner . . . Freshman I think.

BisoninNWMN
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Since when is 6'0 200 lbs too small for the NFL? In watcing FBS games this weekend, P2 would have been a step up in about every game I watched.

How many every down backs in the NFL are 200 lbs????

Ray Rice for the Ravens is smaller but he is only 5-8 and runs low.....PP is more a straight up-down runner.

My 2$

unbison
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I believe we will see him in a Winnipeg blue bombers jersey

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I was glad that Phil Hansen addressed this question on the pre-game show yesterday. If I trust any Bison's opinion on this topic.....it's his.
He said that he believes that PP will get a free-agent tryout vs being a draft pick and I happen to agree with him. He added that the word on Pat in the NFL scouting community is that his lower body/leg strength hurt his draft chances considerably. Interestingly, Phil was puzzled by the assesment and rightly so. Despite Pat's smaller sized legs, he has consistantly shown that he can drag 2-3 defenders for an additional 3-4 yards after contact. There were two great examples of this yesterday.

OrygunBison
11-22-2009, 05:39 PM

LaMichael James is a special player. Crazy thing is that if Blount wouldn't have gone postal in that game in Boise, James would have seen limited action this year.

devin45k
11-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I always knew that Pat was a decent player but his play this year with a less than stellar passing game, blew my mind. I think he's the best in FCS and hope he gets a shot in the NFL.

Bison"FANatic"
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM
LaMichael James is a special player. Crazy thing is that if Blount wouldn't have gone postal in that game in Boise, James would have seen limited action this year.

James crazy good. He looks tiny but dang is he quick. He is more than special in my opinion and fun to watch.

SDbison
11-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Thanks to Pat. Without him Bison football would not have been worth watching this past year. Time for the rest of the team to man up and make a difference........

BisoninNWMN
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks to Pat. Without him Bison football would not have been worth watching this past year. Time for the rest of the team to man up and make a difference........

Hopefully they work their a**es off during the offseason!!

Fightin' Bison
11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Since when is 6'0 200 lbs too small for the NFL?

Since about the last 15 years. 200 lb running backs in the NFL are 5'9". At 6', a running back should be about 220 in the NFL. PP is a virtual wisp of a man by NFL terms. I think Lamar Gordon put on about 20 lbs once he got in the League to help absorb the punishment. PP could do the same. If he does that and keeps his speed, he will have a fighting chance.

Hammerhead
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Anyone think Paschall has a chance to get on a special teams squad until he can bee up a little?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Practice Squad

A1pigskin
12-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Wouldn't this be awesome.

Twentysix
12-05-2009, 05:49 AM
psh, No wai. Seahawks need to pick him up. Run TR+PP as the 1 2 punch Rams trade dahl and eagles trade mays we can have a lil bison reunion in washington :P.

HoopsBison
12-05-2009, 06:00 PM
psh, No wai. Seahawks need to pick him up. Run TR+PP as the 1 2 punch Rams trade dahl and eagles trade mays we can have a lil bison reunion in washington :P.

dont leave out the one bison who might be playing the best prol ball out of the group Ramon Humber.

baseballfan7
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM
According to jbscouting, Pat has received an invite to NFL combine.

CaBisonFan
01-05-2010, 01:05 AM

....and, wouldn't have won at MN in 07...and...would've won in Brookings if healthy in 07. The slashing, hard-nosed, get a 1st down no matter what style was the perfect combination with Tyler Roehl. With Pat out of the lineup, we became one-dimensional.

NDSUstudent
01-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Sounds like Paschall is going to the combine....

I have been able to verify the current list of invites. After the underclassmen are added there might be more seniors added to the list but this is the list as of today.

QB Armanti Edwards Appalachian State
WR Andre' Roberts Citadel
QB John Skelton Fordham
OT Vladimir Ducasse Massachusetts
FB Clayton Harbor Missouri State
DE Austen Lane Murray State
RB Pat Paschall North Dakota State
P Scott Ravanesi Southern Illinois
WR Chris Carter UC Davis
OLB Adrian Tracy William & Mary
WR Donald Jones Youngstown State

NDSUFan_Sav
01-06-2010, 07:01 AM
that's great news......best of luck Paschall!!!!

ndsubison1
01-06-2010, 07:16 AM
this is awesome

Tatanka
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Glad to see SIU's punter in that list. He was unbelievable.

Grizzled
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Good luck Pat. Continue to bust your a$$. We are all proud to say you are a Bison and know you'll do great.

rutlandbison
01-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Does anybody have any idea how fast Pat is? 40 time?

EndZoneQB
01-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Does anybody have any idea how fast Pat is? 40 time?

I believe he ran 4.55

Bison101
01-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Good luck Pat!

westnodak93bison
01-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Didnt Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith run between 4.5 and 4.6?

EndZoneQB
01-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Didnt Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith run between 4.5 and 4.6?

Rice=a possession receiver. Smith=compact, powerful runner with a burst. Two completely different players than Paschall. You can be not fast in the NFL, but I'm not sure Paschall has the rest of the package, especially the bulk for not being a speed guy.