PDA

View Full Version : SDSU's Kyle Minett on the Gophers

ndsubison1
11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
“It’s just a lack of execution on our part,” said running back Kyle Minett. “They’re no better than Northern Iowa. They’re no better than Southern Illinois. They’re no better than other Division I-AA teams we’ve played this year.”

NDSU? LMAO :rofl:

CaBisonFan
11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
NDSU? LMAO :rofl:

Based on yesterday's performance...he's absolutely right. Without Decker, they have no offense. The Gophers would have trouble winning the MVFC. Frankly, they didn't look any better than in 2006 or 2007...even with the addition of several highly-touted recruits. Adam Weber had a horrible day...which could account for part of it. It was a battle to see who 'wouldn't lose.' We had a much better offense than either of these teams in 06 & 07.

EndZoneQB
11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Why they wasted a year of eligibility with Gray to have him not do anything is beyond me. He's proven to move their offense better than Weber. I don't think Brewster has the ballsack to sit Weber after already being the starter.

CaBisonFan
11-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Why they wasted a year of eligibility with Gray to have him not do anything is beyond me. He's proven to move their offense better than Weber. I don't think Brewster has the ballsack to sit Weber after already being the starter.

Brewster is a problem. He has recruited well. He doesn't seem to coach well in game situations. Adjustments are a problem. Their offensive coordinator looked like he was ready to crawl into a hole.

ndsubison1
11-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Brewster is a problem. He has recruited well. He doesn't seem to coach well in game situations. Adjustments are a problem. Their offensive coordinator looked like he was ready to crawl into a hole.

to be fair they've had different assistants every year from moving else where

JacksFan06
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Based on yesterday's performance...he's absolutely right. Without Decker, they have no offense. The Gophers would have trouble winning the MVFC. Frankly, they didn't look any better than in 2006 or 2007...even with the addition of several highly-touted recruits. Adam Weber had a horrible day...which could account for part of it. It was a battle to see who 'wouldn't lose.' We had a much better offense than either of these teams in 06 & 07.

To be fair, you have to give much of the credit of the bad offenses to the play of the defenses.

CaBisonFan
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
To be fair, you have to give much of the credit of the bad offenses to the play of the defenses.

I would agree to a certain extent...but the passing games were horrible. A lot of bad passes, and dropped balls.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
The Gophers offense is bad, especially without Decker(he was their playmaker).

That said, this is what happens when you hire a coach that has never been a coordinator, the Gophers are a team with no offensive identity.

devin45k
11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I think the gophers are going to question playing MVFC teams from now on. Unless it's Indiana State or something.......

rutlandbison
11-15-2009, 10:55 PM
They didnt waste a year. Gray was in the same situation as Greg Ried Jr. on our team. Lost his redshirt year because he was a tech school finishing high school credits or something like that.

EndZoneQB
11-16-2009, 12:10 AM
They didnt waste a year. Gray was in the same situation as Greg Ried Jr. on our team. Lost his redshirt year because he was a tech school finishing high school credits or something like that.

Touche, that makes A LOT more sense. However, he should still be on the field, he's the best playmaker they have.

rutlandbison
11-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Touche, that makes A LOT more sense. However, he should still be on the field, he's the best playmaker they have.
I know Weber is having a horrible year. Gray should be seeing the field alot more.

westnodak93bison
11-16-2009, 02:14 AM
I hope Punky gets run out of town. What an arrogant pos.

4mcruenomore
11-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Hey, congrats to SDSU playing well, they should have won.

MHDBisonfan
11-16-2009, 03:50 AM
the only problem with gray is that he hasn't got the best hands in the world - seems like he puts it on the turf too much, thats a little scary if you want your qb to run a lot. but the gopher fans are screaming for gray just like the bison fans were screaming for jose.

and fisch is in over is head, yikes. i thought against illinois when he called the play action on 2nd and goal from the 6 inch line that ended up with an 8 yard loss that the fans were going to storm the sidelines, ouch - talk about hearing it from the crowd

SDbison
11-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Hey, congrats to SDSU playing well, they should have won.
Congrats to SDSU for sucking. They played a crappy Gopher team and still got beat.

WildBill
11-16-2009, 11:20 AM

False. His Sat score was questioned, so he had to retake it. He wasn't redshirted because that would've meant 2 full years with no time on the field. And he simply was the best option for backup. The Gophers roster is really young, especially at QB.

rutlandbison
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
False. His Sat score was questioned, so he had to retake it. He wasn't redshirted because that would've meant 2 full years with no time on the field. And he simply was the best option for backup. The Gophers roster is really young, especially at QB.
So why was he not on campus right away?

rutlandbison
11-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Congrats to SDSU for sucking. They played a crappy Gopher team and still got beat.
And we would have lost by 30.

SDbison
11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
And we would have lost by 30.
No, I believe we lost by one and beat the goofs by several points the following year.
No sense trying to equate our Gophers games with SDSU's one game. Also you cannot state without a doubt we lose to the goofs by 30 this year. With Paschall and Mohler playing and other positions healthy we could possibly finish just as close as the bunnies with the goofs. Likely a higher scoring game if that were to happen though. Remember, any given Saturday.
Really don't think we are much below the bunnies. If Mohler and Paschall play in Brookings this year who knows.

rutlandbison
11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
No, I believe we lost by one and beat the goofs by several points the following year.
No sense trying to equate our Gophers games with SDSU's one game. Also you cannot state without a doubt we lose to the goofs by 30 this year. With Paschall and Mohler playing and other positions healthy we could possibly finish just as close as the bunnies with the goofs. Likely a higher scoring game if that were to happen though. Remember, any given Saturday.
Really don't think we are much below the bunnies. If Mohler and Paschall play in Brookings this year who knows.
I agree. You make valid points. I know the scores of those games and we had good teams that year, I was just saying with the problems we have had, we may have had our butts kicked this year. But with the way the gophers are playing, we probably could hang with them. And it's true that if we would have had mohler and paschall at SDSU it would have been a different game.

SDbison
11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I agree. You make valid points. I know the scores of those games and we had good teams that year, I was just saying with the problems we have had, we may have had our butts kicked this year. But with the way the gophers are playing, we probably could hang with them. And it's true that if we would have had mohler and paschall at SDSU it would have been a different game.
Yep, a lot of what ifs this past year......there wasn't a game that we were not in and could have won.......just lack of execution when needed or costly mistakes.
Also if the Gophers had an offense representative of a Big Ten team they might have beat SDSU by 30.

WildBill
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
So why was he not on campus right away?

Because the soonest the NCAA allowed him to retake it was late September if i remember right. By then it was pointless to enroll for fall semester, so he came in Jan. He's still a true freshman

rutlandbison
11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Yep, a lot of what ifs this past year......there wasn't a game that we were not in and could have won.......just lack of execution when needed or costly mistakes.
Also if the Gophers had an offense representative of a Big Ten team they might have beat SDSU by 30.
Yeah, Minnesota might even be middle of the pack in Missouri valley.

CaBisonFan
11-16-2009, 08:14 PM

I agree with most of this. I would add 'a more experienced Mohler' and a healthy Paschall, and we would have been in the game.

lcbison
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Minnett sounds like a sore loser.

At the end of the day, the Gophers won the game, and that is all that matters.

Dutcher
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
SDbison, I detect a lot of anger in your posts especially toward SDSU. It's only sports.

lcbison
11-16-2009, 08:36 PM
SDbison, I detect a lot of anger in your posts especially toward SDSU. It's only sports.

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=generic.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/29783/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/29783/612/richmedia/sports,_sports,_sports.mp3?CCOMRRMID=4442289&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&NG_ID=KFAN1130AM&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=612&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK=Sports,_Sports,_Sports_Meltdown

No It's LIFE

tjbison
11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Minnett sounds like a sore loser.

At the end of the day, the Gophers won the game, and that is all that matters.

well they have been winning for nearly 2 yrs now:p

Bryan
11-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Remember that the if so and so had played game goes both ways. No Decker is a huge difference, best Ol Careful out, so was starting C Tow Arnett, starting CB Sherels didn't play, both Lawrence and Simmons left the game in the first half after INT's and didn't return, D-Lineman Edwards and Jacobs didn't play. MN still should of won by 14+. I keep hearing how SDSU let it get away but you could make the same arguments that MN left alot of points out there too and just as easily could of been a 21+ pt win. It works both ways.

SDSU was nothing special, not even close to the NDSU team in 07.

tjbison
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Remember that the if so and so had played game goes both ways. No Decker is a huge difference, best Ol Careful out, so was starting C Tow Arnett, starting CB Sherels didn't play, both Lawrence and Simmons left the game in the first half after INT's and didn't return, D-Lineman Edwards and Jacobs didn't play. MN still should of won by 14+. I keep hearing how SDSU let it get away but you could make the same arguments that MN left alot of points out there too and just as easily could of been a 21+ pt win. It works both ways.

SDSU was nothing special, not even close to the NDSU team in 07.

This in my mind is the biggest. Decker is a stud

EndZoneQB
11-16-2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=generic.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/29783/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/29783/612/richmedia/sports,_sports,_sports.mp3?CCOMRRMID=4442289&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&NG_ID=KFAN1130AM&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=612&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK=Sports,_Sports,_Sports_Meltdown

No It's LIFE

I love Common.

Decker is good, and Weber can't find another receiver on the field when hes not there...unless they spread out the offense like during the MSU game...