PDA

View Full Version : Erron Collins: Future Bison Recruit?

ndsubison1
11-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Found this video on the NDPreps site. Freshman from Mandan... word is NDSU is already interested in him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV0HvOkrf_4

P.S. He's also cousins with Shaun Livingston of the OKC Thunder

NDSUFan_Sav
11-15-2009, 08:14 AM
4mcrue's type of video it has the beat and everything as well and he's from ND :D

*i couldn't resist*

DjKyRo
11-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Lots of basketball talent coming out of Mandan in the coming years, especially with the youngest Kielpinski kid.

For those who aren't familiar with North Dakota basketball, a bit of perspective: Brian Kielpinski is the younger brother of what was called "The Twin Towers" in his two older sisters. His two sisters graduated in 2007 and 2006 I believe, and for five straight years one of them (either) won Ms. Basketball in ND, leading MAndan to four straight Class A State titles. Mandan was just ridiculous. The older sister got recruited to play basketball in Alaska from what I hear, and the younger is currently playing D-I ball at San Jose State.

Anyhow, we used to heckle this kid and tell him he'd never be any good as his sisters when he would go to the FT line, and we get to eat crow because he's legit. NDSU should most definitely be looking at this kid for whenever he graduates (I believe he's a junior or senior) and should be looking to Mandan/Bismarck in the next year or two - some extremely talented kids in my younger brother's class (my brother and his younger buddies are projected to win state at Century this and next year, they're ridiculously good).

Here's hoping NDSU can land some solid North Dakota talent.

BisBison
11-15-2009, 05:39 PM
The younger Kielpinski is playing at New Mexico St and Brian is a Sr. this year. I think he was listed at 6'8" last year, haven't seen him yet this year. He is slow of foot and a soft player, also can't shoot a freethrow to save his life. Don't see him as a D-I player. Hope he proves me wrong this year, but last year wasn't very impressive.

EndZoneQB
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
4mcrue's type of video it has the beat and everything as well and he's from ND :D

*i couldn't resist*

Lmao, awesome.

IzzyFlexion
11-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Certainly hope a decent coach gets a hold of this Collins kid soon before that shooting form gets to the point of being an unchangable habit. The kid shoots from his waist like a 4th grader and with no elevation means that when he starts playing competition above what's on that video....about 80% of those "set shots" are gonna be swatted about 12 rows up into the crowd.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Certainly hope a decent coach gets a hold of this Collins kid soon before that shooting form gets to the point of being an unchangable habit. The kid shoots from his waist like a 4th grader and with no elevation means that when he starts playing competition above what's on that video....about 80% of those "set shots" are gonna be swatted about 12 rows up into the crowd.

so i wasn't the only one thinking the same thing at least.

OrygunBison
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Is this thread a joke? Certainly by seeing the video, it seems to be but reading the posts, it seems like some of you are serious.

All I see is a kid launching balls from his waist while playing against kids that must be in jr. high.

Good for a laugh, I guess.

EndZoneQB
11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Is this thread a joke? Certainly by seeing the video, it seems to be but reading the posts, it seems like some of you are serious.

All I see is a kid launching balls from his waist while playing against kids that must be in jr. high.

Good for a laugh, I guess.

Uhh, he is a freshman himself...

ndsubison1
11-16-2009, 09:39 PM

Nobody ever fixed Shawn Marion's or Danny Green's shot and they turned out fine... :D

gotts
11-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Nobody ever fixed Shawn Marion's or Danny Green's shot and they turned out fine... :D

It still doesn't mean it's any less painful to watch :D