PDA

View Full Version : Voigt

Hansel
11-14-2009, 08:45 PM
today....
5 rush 46 yards
4 rec 70 yards

I hope he gets some carries early next week and that they don't bury him behind DJ, Sigers and Ojuri next year

NDSUstudent
11-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I still think he should be RB1 next year.

CaBisonFan
11-14-2009, 09:04 PM
He needs to be on the field. He's one of our real 'gamers.' A leader.

devin45k
11-15-2009, 01:04 AM
I dunno if he will be 1st string next year. I dont think Mcnorton is the best running back though. I'm excited to see how Ojuri develops, I was excited for him to be a Bison.

DjKyRo
11-15-2009, 01:12 AM
I'd be stoked to see McNorton line up at receiver - he just seems a bit mroe shifty and would be able to break that first tackle beter than voigt, and in that same example Voigt would be our #1 RB. Having 3 guys (Ojuri, Sigers, Voit/DJ) behind our #1 does us nothing, so swapping one of the four to receiver would be a legit move I think.

devin45k
11-15-2009, 01:30 AM
I'd be stoked to see McNorton line up at receiver - he just seems a bit mroe shifty and would be able to break that first tackle beter than voigt, and in that same example Voigt would be our #1 RB. Having 3 guys (Ojuri, Sigers, Voit/DJ) behind our #1 does us nothing, so swapping one of the four to receiver would be a legit move I think.

I'd be fine with that. We already seen him at LB, why not try him at WR? It would be nice to see him break tackles for YAC!

ndsubison1
11-15-2009, 01:36 AM
we have some playmakers for next year! ojuri, voit, sigers, dj

DjKyRo
11-15-2009, 01:43 AM

True that, and it's one thing I like about next year. To a point, a bit of a down year is sort of what everyone expected I think - with freshman starting at LB in Jemison, punter in Prelvitz, and with freshman playing in Pierre, Sigers, and Ojuri, and of course Mohler, we're really looking better (maybe not GREAT, but not as bad as this season) in the experience department for next season.

Obviously 3-7 is never acceptable, but no one was thinking national championship year either. We'll be back and ready to rock next season.

TransAmBison
11-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Voit needs to be getting more touches. I don't care how they do it. Just get that boy the rock!

sambini
11-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Yes we do+++++

EndZoneQB
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM

Phil said it like I've been saying since we got DJ, he just doesn't have the elite speed to be a gamebreaker. Ojuri has the rare mix you need, I predict he is #1 next year, especially once he figures out how to hit the hole and bulks up in the offseason. I think DJ would make a great slot receiver, tho.

ndsubison1
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Phil said it like I've been saying since we got DJ, he just doesn't have the elite speed to be a gamebreaker. Ojuri has the rare mix you need, I predict he is #1 next year, especially once he figures out how to hit the hole and bulks up in the offseason. I think DJ would make a great slot receiver, tho.

i agree i think ojuri will be number one

i say we go with ojuri, voit and sigers in the backfield and play DJ mainly at WR occasionally give him some carries put him in the slot, etc...

devin45k
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Exactly what I was thinking....I think Ojuri will be awesome

EndZoneQB
11-16-2009, 02:05 AM
i agree i think ojuri will be number one

i say we go with ojuri, voit and sigers in the backfield and play DJ mainly at WR occasionally give him some carries put him in the slot, etc...

I think Voigt will be a third down type back. He makes plays and is good at catching passes out of the backfield. I could also see running a lot of screens and passes in the flat just to get him out in the open field. If Ojuri can be the feature back we think he will be, we should be in great shape, in using our other starting caliber RB's as "role players". That's such a great problem to have, just wish it was like that for the rest of the team.

Fightin' Bison
11-16-2009, 03:26 AM
He needs to be on the field. He's one of our real 'gamers.' A leader.

I don't disagree with anything said here, but have two points:

1. http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/

2. http://www.marcresearch.com/blogs/merrill/2009/05/27/are-you-as-tired-of-sports-cliches-as-i-am/

BlueBisonRock
11-16-2009, 04:11 AM

2. http://www.marcresearch.com/blogs/merrill/2009/05/27/are-you-as-tired-of-sports-cliches-as-i-am/

"Interesting!" We just have to give it our best shot, Good Lord willing, these posts will work out.

56BISON73
11-16-2009, 04:17 AM
"Interesting!" We just have to give it our best shot, Good Lord willing, these posts will work out.

Ya gotta playum one game at a time.

runtheoption
11-16-2009, 02:12 PM

Hey, it is what it is, they just have go out there and execute, and play smash-mouth football. When you've got a Voigt type of player, you have to come away with points in these situations. If we get great blocking at the point of attack and get Voit into space, he should take it to the house everytime. But Voit is also a bruising running back that can run it right up the gut.

He's an impact player that can take over a game.

http://www.sportscliche.com/

:):):):):)

cbline
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
He reminds me so much of Kyle Steffes' style of running. Maybe not as smooth as Kyle, but runs with purpose and determination. Can't coach that part of a person's heart!!

tcbison
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
I just don't get why Voigt isn't on the field more. What does he do wrong? His numbers are outstanding! I know he was hurt for a while but when he is in the game all he does is make plays and hustles. Any idea what the knock on him is? Does he not pass protect well or something?

bisonhusker
11-16-2009, 04:30 PM
I just don't get why Voigt isn't on the field more. What does he do wrong? His numbers are outstanding! I know he was hurt for a while but when he is in the game all he does is make plays and hustles. Any idea what the knock on him is? Does he not pass protect well or something?

There is nothing wrong with his game. He was hurt for a majority of this year and has been behind Roehl and Pat...two of the best in the nation while they are seniors. Everyone gets their chance, and he will get his. He is very good and very tough. I am excited about the backs we have coming back. Just amazing how deep we are at RB. Hopefully someone will step up the way Tyler and Pat have.

I also think people forget about how "special" Sigers looked to start the year. I hope he gets that medical year, because he was looking like the real deal. He won't be an everydown back ever, but he is special in space. That run against Iowa State was crazy. (I still think he scored).

EndZoneQB
11-16-2009, 04:53 PM

If you watched the Bohl show yesterday, Bohl even says his father bugs him to "put 23 in more". I think the actually quote was "why don't you play 23 more?".

ndsubison1
11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
There is nothing wrong with his game. He was hurt for a majority of this year and has been behind Roehl and Pat...two of the best in the nation while they are seniors. Everyone gets their chance, and he will get his. He is very good and very tough. I am excited about the backs we have coming back. Just amazing how deep we are at RB. Hopefully someone will step up the way Tyler and Pat have.

I also think people forget about how "special" Sigers looked to start the year. I hope he gets that medical year, because he was looking like the real deal. He won't be an everydown back ever, but he is special in space. That run against Iowa State was crazy. (I still think he scored).

sigers reminds me of percy harvin... we can get him some touches in the backfield, put him in the slot, run him on reverses or even put him out wide... i love versatile players like that... we need more

Kevin
11-17-2009, 03:02 AM
If 23 doesn't see a significant amount of time next year it will be just short of a criminal act. I say make him and Ojuri the featured backs and move DJ out to WR with some end arounds.

AllAboutBisonPride
11-17-2009, 03:42 AM
i agree, how much does new 23 look like the old one? I would love to see how he did if he got the same ammount of touches, Matt is one of the toughest on the team. Great hockey player too I heard.

roadwarrior
11-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Now a punter ???