PDA

View Full Version : Did they get better?

KTF
11-14-2009, 07:23 PM
After listening to the game today, I have to wonder NDSU got better over the bye or is ISU that bad or a little of both? Hard to tell but the win feels great!

TheBisonator
11-14-2009, 07:24 PM
After listening to the game today, I have to wonder NDSU got better over the bye or is ISU that bad or a little of both? Hard to tell but the win feels great!

"A little from Column A, a little from Column B..."

-Grandpa Simpson

HandoEX
11-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Breske must have made some adjustments in the locker room at halftime, because the defense totally turned things around.

The running game was crazy good today and Mohler was very efficient.

The biggest thing was we shot ourselves in the foot less in this game than in previous games. That's HUGE!

No doubt we improved from the WIU game in my mind.

TheBisonator
11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Breske must have made some adjustments in the locker room at halftime, because the defense totally turned things around.

The biggest thing was we shot ourselves in the foot less in this game than in previous games. That's HUGE!

If it all comes to a head against YSU next week, I'll be a happy guy.

tjbison
11-14-2009, 07:39 PM
If it all comes to a head against YSU next week, I'll be a happy guy.

37-6 BISON!!1 I'm pumped for a good FINAL tailgate of the season and whatching Paschall in the green and Gold one last time run for 200 yds

KTF
11-14-2009, 07:43 PM
37-6 BISON!!1 I'm pumped for a good FINAL tailgate of the season and whatching Paschall in the green and Gold one last time run for 200 yds

Four weeks ago I was ready to sell my tix's for this coming weekend(frustrated!!)! Today, I am pumped for next weekend!!! I am hoping for a three game winning streak to end the year!!! If the defense plays good, Bison roll for sure!!!

tjbison
11-14-2009, 08:03 PM
“The guys are starting to get it now,” Paschall said. “Even though it’s late in the season, the guys have years left and we’re doing what the Bison did the last few years. Some times, it takes a little time.”

Pat Paschall's post game, he was very fun to watch and wish he had another year.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/259692/group/home/

westnodak93bison
11-15-2009, 01:49 AM

Why do we have to wait until half to make adjustments?

devin45k
11-15-2009, 01:54 AM
We have improved!

Is anyone else kind of shocked about how much Shamen Washington has declined in performance and agility, since his injury?

DjKyRo
11-15-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm just stoked for the last game of the season, and for once it's not because I want this season over with - going into the offseason on a three-game winning streak and with defense starting to look semi-sharp will be a great boost to offseason confidence, and the guys will be ready to keep it running come next season.

At this point it's all about next season - get the younger guys some playing time, give the underclassmen some reps, and start looking at what schemes aren't doing it for us. Let's get ready for Kansas!

sambini
11-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Yes they did play better. Congrats Coaching staff and players.++++

NDSU1980
11-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Of course we got better. Note that we had no INT's and no missed FG's yesterday. Might have something to do with changing QB's and Punters. Who would have thought?

MHDBisonfan
11-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Not to be debbie downer here, but it's pretty easy to look good when you're playing the 191st and 202nd ranked teams in back to back weeks with a combined 2-17 record, one of those wins being a win over the other team and one team fresh off a 33 game losing streak.

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE we have made improvements, but the easiest way to "improve" is to play the doormats at the end of your season.

tjbison
11-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Not to be debbie downer here, but it's pretty easy to look good when you're playing the 191st and 202nd ranked teams in back to back weeks with a combined 2-17 record, one of those wins being a win over the other team and one team fresh off a 33 game losing streak.

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE we have made improvements, but the easiest way to "improve" is to play the doormats at the end of your season.

Also this is good this year as the younger players are getting great game time experience something that didn't happen the last several years and is showing its ugly head. 3 (hoping) wins for the baby bison going into next year is only a good thing IMO it will make them :hungry: :hungry:

NDSU1980
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Also this is good this year as the younger players are getting great game time experience something that didn't happen the last several years and is showing its ugly head. 3 (hoping) wins for the baby bison going into next year is only a good thing IMO it will make them :hungry: :hungry:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:nod:

EndZoneQB
11-15-2009, 04:09 PM
We have improved!

Is anyone else kind of shocked about how much Shamen Washington has declined in performance and agility, since his injury?

Every thinks he is really bad this year and I don't get it. Sure, he hasnt taken one to the house, but he's like 7th in the nation in kick return average...

tjbison
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Every thinks he is really bad this year and I don't get it. Sure, he hasnt taken one to the house, but he's like 7th in the nation in kick return average...

or does that mean we have let too many kickoffs happen:hide:

EndZoneQB
11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
or does that mean we have let too many kickoffs happen:hide:

Not yardage but average...funny nonetheless lol.

tjbison
11-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Not yardage but average...funny nonetheless lol.

yeah i know, but that was the only time I could get that jab in:D

Facts
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
We have improved!

Don't worry. Shamen will be back and strong as ever next season for an illustrious seventh year. ;)

devin45k
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Don't worry. Shamen will be back and strong as ever next season for an illustrious seventh year. ;)

That would be cool if he could somehow bribe the NCAA to do that.

Shamen has seemed to have lost the agility that he once had. That was all I was saying earlier.

borderbison
11-16-2009, 12:59 AM
I'll take McNorton over him any day - how many times did we end up inside the 10 yard line because of Shamen's inability to fair catch. Don't get me wrong, he was the real deal before he got hurt but that time is gone.

KTF
11-16-2009, 01:48 AM
A while back, Hallstrom or Kolpack (If I recall correctly, maybe it was a bison feedback) asked coach Bohl about Shamen. Coach stated that there is no cartilage left in the knee and that is bone on bone. What we see is what we get... Coach was extremely supportive of him...

tjbison
11-16-2009, 01:53 AM
A while back, Hallstrom or Kolpack (If I recall correctly, maybe it was a bison feedback) asked coach Bohl about Shamen. Coach stated that there is no cartilage left in the knee and that is bone on bone. What we see is what we get... Coach was extremely supportive of him...

If true then the kids got heart. I have a couple bad knees and complain when I have to walk up stairs. I can't imagine running and cutting on turf.

Thanks Shamen you were fun to watch

bisoneer
11-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey way to go guys!! Another great road win!!! Keep up the good work and we will see you at home against Youngstown State. Watch out as last year they threw the bomb on the first play of the game and I think the guy caught it.

DORMIE
11-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Give Shamen a lot or credit for giving all of us a lot of great plays in his career. Best of all congratulations on getting your degree. Can't say enough about how much NDSU has ment to Joe Mays, Cinque Chapman and now Pat Paschall on all eventually graduating (Pat has yet to) from NDSU. They will never forget the experience.

sambini
11-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Give Shamen a lot or credit for giving all of us a lot of great plays in his career. Best of all congratulations on getting your degree. Can't say enough about how much NDSU has ment to Joe Mays, Cinque Chapman and now Pat Paschall on all eventually graduating (Pat has yet to) from NDSU. They will never forget the experience.

Well said Dormie++++++++++++