PDA

View Full Version : Nov 11th Signings

SDbison
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
When will they be announced? I know the Bison expect 2 recruits to sign, but how many more are possibilities? Any news regarding the visitor to NDSU last week? Hello? Anyone out there?

johnson
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
When will they be announced? I know the Bison expect 2 recruits to sign, but how many more are possibilities? Any news regarding the visitor to NDSU last week? Hello? Anyone out there?

I've been wondering the same thing.

MN_BISON
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I saw on Twitter that DeHoff will be announcing her list of new Bison around 2 pm today, so I'm guessing there will be a press conference with all the programs around that time, could be wrong but that would seem to make sense.

roadwarrior
11-11-2009, 03:17 PM
They can't make the announcements until they actually have those signatures in hand.

johnson
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know how serious Jay Harris was in coming here? Did it seem like he was here to seriously look at the program and what the school has to offer or was it more of a just coming to look things over?

SDbison
11-11-2009, 03:25 PM
They can't make the announcements until they actually have those signatures in hand.
So not even the two that already gave verbals are a lock to sign today? Wow......any reason for concern?

SDbison
11-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know how serious Jay Harris was in coming here? Did it seem like he was here to seriously look at the program and what the school has to offer or was it more of a just coming to look things over?
From what I hear he was seriously interested in NDSU, but with the recent ESPN article other teams have come knocking.........

roadwarrior
11-11-2009, 03:45 PM
So not even the two that already gave verbals are a lock to sign today? Wow......any reason for concern?

Apparently you are the only one with a concern. If those two havent signed and sent in their LOI, Saul cannot make an announcement. And he probably is waiting until this afternoon to announce all of them at one time. These kids ARE in school.

bisonhusker
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Vet's Day today...so that may slow a thing or two down. No reason for concern on Bjorkland or Wright. That will get done. Jay Harris is a legitimate option at Point Guard. Everything has went very well with Jay to this point. Family really enjoys the team, staff, school, etc.

SDbison
11-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Apparently you are the only one with a concern. If those two havent signed and sent in their LOI, Saul cannot make an announcement. And he probably is waiting until this afternoon to announce all of them at one time. These kids ARE in school.
Somebody piss in your wheaties Road? Come on, all I did is ask a question and express some concern. Like nobody else here is concerned since there have been no announcements...........

SDbison
11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Vet's Day today...so that may slow a thing or two down. No reason for concern on Bjorkland or Wright. That will get done. Jay Harris is a legitimate option at Point Guard. Everything has went very well with Jay to this point. Family really enjoys the team, staff, school, etc.
Thanks bisonhusker......appreciate your insight!

Twentysix
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Am I right with braun being the highest rated player on a bison team?

And hes like a 78 or something?

Trayvonn and Jay Harris are like 87 and 94.

----------WTB LOI.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Am I right with braun being the highest rated player on a bison team?

And hes like a 78 or something?

Trayvonn and Jay Harris are like 87 and 94.

----------WTB LOI.

If you are talking ESPN...yes. But I think Tveidt would have to be our highest regarded recruit so far, he had 15 offers at one point and choose NDSU over some very good mid-majors.

Twentysix
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
orly?

Well Braun did have offers to multiple pac 10 schools.

They just weren't paid for :P.

Where did Tveidt have schollys too?

MN_BISON
11-11-2009, 05:52 PM
From what I hear he was seriously interested in NDSU, but with the recent ESPN article other teams have come knocking.........

Did Tim Miles and CSU offer him as well, I heard they were interested. Miles tweeted that they have two signed LOI in and are waiting on a third. Let's go Saul, show Timmy how it's done! :D

NDSUstudent
11-11-2009, 05:52 PM
orly?

Well Braun did have offers to multiple pac 10 schools.

They just weren't paid for :P.

Where did Tveidt have schollys too?

I did some digging a while ago and I found this post on SDSU's board about Tveidt's recruiting....

The recruitment of Tveidt was similar to that of Denver TenBroek except that Tveidt had bigger offers come his way in mid to late July. *At least 20 schools contacted and at least 15 offers came his way. *He made a decision to narrow his list down in September to 4 schools which were as follows:

NDSU
UNC Wilmington
Richmond
UW Milwaukee

UWM was a sweet 16 school last year and in the minds of many a great fit based on last years success

Richmond is in the Atlantic 10 conference and competes with schools the likes of George Washington, U Mass, Temple, Xavier, St. Louis, Dusquane, Dayton etc.

Tveidt visited all four schools and could have had his pick of any of the four. *To say that he was seeking bigger options other than NDSU and SDSU and they didn't come his way is to be uninformed. *Richmond is in a HIGH MAJOR conference. *He could have choosen to play at that level. *UNC Wilmington & UW Milwaukee are both strong Mid Major teams.

NDSU and SDSU are new to the Division 1 level and will take many years before either sees an NCAA tournament. *Michael Tveidt surely won't play in one while attending NDSU and he won't jump to a higher league from that school as it rarely happens. *

http://sdsufans.com/board/showpost.php?p=7603&postcount=117

roadwarrior
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Saul will be on the WDAY sports show this hour.

tony
11-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Saul will be on the WDAY sports show this hour.

http://www.wday.com/pages/liveradio

Just showing the link because I have a heck of time finding it usually.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Saul will be on WDAY in a few minutes...

Twentysix
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
*Michael Tveidt surely won't play in one while attending NDSU and he won't jump to a higher league from that school as it rarely happens. *

HA! Tourney as a sophomore! lol!

Thunder_Struck
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Sounds like two have signed. TW and MB

Twentysix
11-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah saul confirmed them!

tony
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Also said he was working on one more, maybe two - looking for a guard (*cough* jay *cough* harris).

Added that he might hold one of the remaining scholarships for next year.

Kermit
11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Official press release announcing the signings of Bjorklund and Wright:
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=204831465

"Marshall is a rugged interior player that will give us a different dimension," Phillips said. "He is a bit of a throwback that uses his length around the basket really well and can use a variety of moves inside. He provides a physical presence and is very skilled."

"TrayVonn’s length and athletic ability are freakish," Phillips said. "The big word with TrayVonn is potential. He has tremendous athleticism, and his best basketball is in front of him. He played for an excellent AAU team, the All Iowa Attack, and his coach, Jake Sullivan, has done an excellent job with his skill development."

Kermit
11-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Added that he might hold one of the remaining scholarships for next year.

"..depending on what happens with Freddie."

NDSUstudent
11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
HA! Tourney as a sophomore! lol!

SDSU fans have a unique ability in basically making the worst predictions ever when it comes to Bison men's basketball.

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
SDSU fans have a unique ability in basically making the worst predictions ever when it comes to Bison men's basketball.

Sadly, that's true. But I don't think we can claim his comment. Sure, Cadsev posts on our board but I don't know if I'd call him a fan. He's very impartial. He's actually the director of basketball operations for the Dakota Schoolers. He knows his stuff but was wrong about Tviedt playing in the big dance.

HandoEX
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Sadly, that's true. But I don't think we can claim his comment. Sure, Cadsev posts on our board but I don't know if I'd call him a fan. He's very impartial. He's actually the director of basketball operations for the Dakota Schoolers. He knows his stuff but was wrong about Tviedt playing in the big dance.

:D .........

I think next year Cam Hornby will give Woodside all he wants

silkamilkamonico
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
If you are talking ESPN...yes. But I think Tveidt would have to be our highest regarded recruit so far, he had 15 offers at one point and choose NDSU over some very good mid-majors.

ESPN rating system's a joke and completely inaccurate, IMHO. Over half of the upper tier guys in the recruiting database for them seems like a 90+ rating, while the lower tier recruits don't really get accurately judged at all.

ESPN lists Trayvon Wright as an 87, and Marshall Bjorkland as a 40.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2449&season=2010&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d2449 %26season%3d2010

UND's recruit Troy Huff whoever that is is an 84.

If you want to check out the more accurate ratings for basketball rivals is definetely the place, and I think they are way off half the time.

Just mho.

Kermit
11-12-2009, 05:30 PM
ESPN lists Trayvon Wright as an 87, and Marshall Bjorkland as a 40.
[/url]

A rating of 40 means the Scouts, Inc. staff has not evaluated the player. I wouldn't worry about Marshall Bjorklund. Some observers in Minnesota believe he is the best big man in the state right now.

Twentysix
11-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah 40 means video footage has not been evaluated yet.

If you read there grading scale it is pretty simple.

90-100: Immediate Impact ProspectPlayer demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program.

80-89: High Major Prospect
Player has the potential to start or significantly contribute as a freshman for most top national Division I programs.

70-79: Major/Mid-Major Prospect
Player either can earn a scholarship to a top national Division I program or contribute significantly as a freshman at the mid-major level.

60-69: Low Division I/Mid-Major Prospect
Player has the ability to earn a scholarship to a mid-major or low Division I program.

50-59: Prospect
Player has some redeeming qualities but is not projected to contribute at the Division I level.

45: Pending Prospect w/ film
Scouts Inc. has received film of the prospect and an evaluation is pending.

40: Pending Prospect
Player evaluation is pending receipt of film.

Sorry for the wall of txt.

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2009, 04:25 AM
A rating of 40 means the Scouts, Inc. staff has not evaluated the player. I wouldn't worry about Marshall Bjorklund. Some observers in Minnesota believe he is the best big man in the state right now.

Ahh. Nevermind my last post then. I did not read that memo unfortunately.

Bison bison
11-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah 40 means video footage has not been evaluated yet.

If you read there grading scale it is pretty simple.

They've changed that since I graduated in the late 90s.

I scored a 2i - which meant that I was involved in one good play in 5th grade all-city ball, but the performance may have been due to luck.

BisonNolesFan77
11-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Well, judging by ESPN's standards I would have been about -6.7 due to a unfortunate play inbounding the ball to a teammate, went through his hands, thus hitting him square in the jewels, causing him to drop to his knees and crawl towards the bench...all while the coach chuckled and told him to "walk it off"...and that is a true stroy.

Ahhh...the good old days of 7th Grade A team Basketball...

Twentysix
11-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Anything under a 50 means they dont really have a grade yet.

Tatanka
11-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Well, judging by ESPN's standards I would have been about -6.7 due to a unfortunate play inbounding the ball to a teammate, went through his hands, thus hitting him square in the jewels, causing him to drop to his knees and crawl towards the bench...all while the coach chuckled and told him to "walk it off"...and that is a true stroy.

Ahhh...the good old days of 7th Grade A team Basketball...

That's better than Tatanka... I would be about a -infinity. I'm the biggest waste of 6'3" you'd ever see on a basketball court. My one-game career in junior high I was responsible for 0 (zero) points, 7 turnovers (didn't understand double dribble or the three-second rule), and 4 fouls, 2 of which were the take-the-opponent-out-of-the-game-in-tears variety. Would have had the fifth, too, if the quarter hadn't ended. :(

lakesbison
11-20-2009, 06:38 PM
http://gaylordhub.com/2009/11/20/bjorklund-will-play-basketball-at-ndsu/

story on marshall today.

DjKyRo
11-21-2009, 02:43 AM
They've changed that since I graduated in the late 90s.

I scored a 2i - which meant that I was involved in one good play in 5th grade all-city ball, but the performance may have been due to luck.

hahahaha, I made exactly one basket in 5th-6th grade ball. Fortunately for me, it was a desperation toss-up that went in and won our last game of the season. The height of my basketball career but alas, it came and went all too soon...