PDA

View Full Version : Please download these videos

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I've finally figured out a way to upload more than 9 videos on YouTube. There have been a couple of threats made from someone on YouTube about these videos. Not sure who they are. Don't really care who they are. Not afraid of being sued. They can have my frickin mortgage and credit card bills.

But there's a chance that YouTube could pull them down sometime. I'm asking you folks to download these and to hang onto them for posterity. Again...you need to download an FLV player...best to do from cnet.com. You need this piece of software to play them on your computer.

I'm asking you to help me with preserving these clips of Bison history.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthDakotaStBison3#g/u

dryash83
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks, CA. Just watched the 98 bison/sioux game. Man, Kevin Feeney just gets better and better as you watch him.

CaBisonFan
11-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks, CA. Just watched the 98 bison/sioux game. Man, Kevin Feeney just gets better and better as you watch him.

I missed that era because we had just moved down here. There wasn't any TV or computer streaming of the games then. His passing was really something. Quick...a winner. Great field leader.

duluthbison
11-10-2009, 02:13 AM
I've finally figured out a way to upload more than 9 videos on YouTube. There have been a couple of threats made from someone on YouTube about these videos. Not sure who they are. Don't really care who they are. Not afraid of being sued. They can have my frickin mortgage and credit card bills.

But there's a chance that YouTube could pull them down sometime. I'm asking you folks to download these and to hang onto them for posterity. Again...you need to download an FLV player...best to do from cnet.com. You need this piece of software to play them on your computer.

What kind of threats are they making? I can't imagine who would get their panties up in a bunch over some Sioux/Bison football games....that is unless its a sore sioux fan. Or Lakes because we keep watching NDSU vs. Sioux games, I dunno.:D

Facts
11-10-2009, 02:20 AM
CA, thanks for the time you've put into these vids. I'm pretty sure if you gave away* your footage on DVD's lot's of people would pay postage#. They're awesome!

*gave away code for sell
#postage code for cash money

lakesbison
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
nope, they should be erased, just like the rivalry!

ERASED!

Bisonfan1
11-10-2009, 03:25 AM
Ca are you kidding me man, I was there, thanx for putting these on here, they look great on full screen, better than some of the streaming video's live we see from current games, these have to be captured before they are lost forever, thank you for doing this. Man you flood the memories back, Dont let any of these "you live in the past" dorks prevent you from this !! look at the snowbanks, this was great stuff !!! wore the back of my shoes off beating on the back of the wood bleachers !!!!!! oops - dropped something down between the bleachers, sounded like glass breaking !! some of you dont have a clue ??? wish you could have experienced this, and maybe you would understand some of our frustation with with whats been going on lately. WE EXPECT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!! END OF STORY !!! LETS TAILGATE !!! :hungry:

EndZoneQB
11-10-2009, 03:52 AM
I thought the combination of Feeney/Morris/Strehlow should have been a big time contender.

HerdBot
11-10-2009, 01:04 PM

What ever happened to the 2000 dome win over the sioux? Great game.

CaBisonFan
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
What ever happened to the 2000 dome win over the sioux? Great game.

I forgot to put it up. I'll do that today.

CaBisonFan
11-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought the combination of Feeney/Morris/Strehlow should have been a big time contender.

I agree. That was a great combo. Maybe Morris being injured a lot was a problem. Not sure.

CaBisonFan
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Ca are you kidding me man, I was there, thanx for putting these on here, they look great on full screen, better than some of the streaming video's live we see from current games, these have to be captured before they are lost forever, thank you for doing this. Man you flood the memories back, Dont let any of these "you live in the past" dorks prevent you from this !! look at the snowbanks, this was great stuff !!! wore the back of my shoes off beating on the back of the wood bleachers !!!!!! oops - dropped something down between the bleachers, sounded like glass breaking !! some of you dont have a clue ??? wish you could have experienced this, and maybe you would understand some of our frustation with with whats been going on lately. WE EXPECT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!! END OF STORY !!! LETS TAILGATE !!! :hungry:

I've just made the assumption that whoever has made a threat is a disgruntled fan from...ah...another school. Gee...not sure which school that would be...ah...:D

Thanks for the comments. I was there in the stadium at a lot of those games listening to the bottles crashing too. I loved the story about the 1969 Bison team in Bison Illustrated. It describes the attitude perfectly. Wish I could get my hands on some footage of those teams. It's what I've been 'trying' to write about for 2 or 3 years. The Erhardt philosophy of 'expecting' to win every game. Got bashed for that big-time. That attitude has absolutely nothing to do with the other team. It's not a put-down on them or their program. That's the whole point.

He even mentioned that they may not have been as talented, but they had the right attitude. The coaches that followed carried what he built, and guarded it like a fortress. It eventually had a name...Bison Pride.

Notice how most of the footage shows that a touchdown was mostly expected...without a huge celebration. The one with Stark scoring at UND is classic...where he waltzes into the snow...turns around and starts talking to somebody like it was practice. No jumping up and down, acting like it was a huge accomplishment. It was like..."yeah, another one." Cocky? You bet. Damn straight.

Thanks...that's what I'm trying to capture and preserve. You understand it completely.

EndZoneQB
11-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree. That was a great combo. Maybe Morris being injured a lot was a problem. Not sure.

I think you're onto to something there. I forgot how big he really was, didn't remember him being 205 at all. We've ALWAYS recruited well for backs, it's almost weird to think about...even if we happen to get lucky on someone like Roehl.

SDbison
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Great job CA. Don't let the bastards get you down. Hope one day you can start a modern era collection of videos from the DI transition into some early FCS playoff success!

CaBisonFan
11-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Great job CA. Don't let the bastards get you down. Hope one day you can start a modern era collection of videos from the DI transition into some early FCS playoff success!

I'd like to do that. I'm lacking for videos or DVDs from the transition period. I was really stupid and deleted the Central Michigan game. I'd be receptive to anyone sending me a copy of any game since Bohl came onboard. The deal is this: If you send something, I pay you back with a small collection on DVDs...and then some.

The streamed videos that I have copied aren't good enough to edit and upload. Otherwise, they'd already be up.

Thanks SD...and I hope you're doing well. Enjoy that SD air. Seriously

4mcruenomore
11-11-2009, 04:49 AM
The Montana game is the most important to me, living in MT during that era. Especially after reading this month's edition of Bison Illustrated, meant that much more to me. Great win, bigger than Minnesota IMO. I would love to get the whole game on DVD. I remember posting the Billings Gazette at work on the bulletin board "Bison Stun Griz" It lasted about 30 minutes, I came back, and it was in the trash. Such arrogance, you guys think the Sioux have arrogance? You have no idea.

stevdock
11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I just watched the Bison Sioux game from 98 and one thing I saw that we are lacking these days is every single person on that team knew what their job was and got it done. #88 (I believe Eric Nelson) never once had his name called the whole game, but he was right in the middle of alot of stuff. At the bottom of the pile on the onside kick, making block after block in the option game. Nothing mattered to that guy more than doing everything he could to get a win. And the special thing about him was his name was rarely called but he was a very important part of that team. I know we have had tons of guys who have had the same attitude and done the same thing with little to no recognition. It's not an effort thing, it's a heart thing and outworking your opponent on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. There have been many threads started about different attitudes that need to happen. THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ATTITUDE TO HAVE. Do we have guys like that on our team this year?? To get back to the top we've got to have 11 guys on the field at all times that have this attitude.

EndZoneQB
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Eric Nelson didn't have his name called that year maybe, but he certainly had it called plenty after!

CaBisonFan
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I just watched the Bison Sioux game from 98 and one thing I saw that we are lacking these days is every single person on that team knew what their job was and got it done. #88 (I believe Eric Nelson) never once had his name called the whole game, but he was right in the middle of alot of stuff. At the bottom of the pile on the onside kick, making block after block in the option game. Nothing mattered to that guy more than doing everything he could to get a win. And the special thing about him was his name was rarely called but he was a very important part of that team. I know we have had tons of guys who have had the same attitude and done the same thing with little to no recognition. It's not an effort thing, it's a heart thing and outworking your opponent on EVERY SINGLE PLAY. There have been many threads started about different attitudes that need to happen. THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT ATTITUDE TO HAVE. Do we have guys like that on our team this year?? To get back to the top we've got to have 11 guys on the field at all times that have this attitude.

You understand........:nod: