PDA

View Full Version : Spreading Nonsense rumors

MPLSbisonFAN
11-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Just talked to Jose, and he did NOT get in any trouble this weekend and is still the starter for the Bison. This was a terrible rumor for a kid who is trying to clean his life up and stay on the right path. I really wonder where this information is coming from, or if someone is just making things up during a buy week because there is nothing else to do. The kid was shocked himself to hear this rumor and couldn't believe it. Props to the admin who closed the thread so people would stop bashing a player who is trying to do the right things(on and off the field).

johnson
11-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Just talked to Jose, and he did NOT get in any trouble this weekend and is still the starter for the Bison. This was a terrible rumor for a kid who is trying to clean his life up and stay on the right path. I really wonder where this information is coming from, or if someone is just making things up during a buy week because there is nothing else to do. The kid was shocked himself to hear this rumor and couldn't believe it. Props to the admin who closed the thread so people would stop bashing a player who is trying to do the right things(on and off the field).

Anyone know who Thunderstruck on AGS is? That poster was the first to start it on that website. Not only did he get NDSU fans talking about it he also got a whole varity of fans of the FCS to talk about it. I even saw it being spread on ss.com.

SDbison
11-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Someone ought to question the so called Bison poster with 775 or so posts on AGS that started the rumor. What a turd. He said a player told him this had happened. Wow, either the player thought it was a funny joke or the poster is really stupid, or both. Regardless the poster on AGS just lost any credibility he had!

HandoEX
11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Someone here has to know who Thunderstruck84 is. I say we get the lynch mob ready. That is some slanderous BS and isn't funny on any level!

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM

I don't blame our member (name?) who brought the link here. It needed to either get verified, or squelched, because it was on AGS. My suspicion is that Thunderstruck is a troll from one of our friendly rivals. What Thunderstruck doesn't seem to understand is that this isn't about 'the program.' It's about a human being. Shame on Thunderstruck from AGS.

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Someone here has to know who Thunderstruck84 is. I say we get the lynch mob ready. That is some slanderous BS and isn't funny on any level!

Yes...it is slander. As most people know, slander is very difficult to prove in court, but if provable damage could be shown, and if Thunderstruck84 could be found...he'd be in court. But this is someone who has no life, sits behind the computer, and hides from the world. He's full of hatred and envy. That 'is' his/her life...and that's all. What a sad existence.

JSUBison
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't blame our member (name?) who brought the link here. It needed to either get verified, or squelched, because it was on AGS. My suspicion is that Thunderstruck is a troll from one of our friendly rivals. What Thunderstruck doesn't seem to understand is that this isn't about 'the program.' It's about a human being. Shame on Thunderstruck from AGS.

While I do not know the identity of Thunderstruck, I'm pretty confident that he is not a troll at AGS. Past posting history shows that he's a pretty level headed poster. If someone really wants to get to the bottom of this, I suppose they could read all of his posts at AGS and look for similarities in opinion and writing style and see if it's similar to someone that posts here. But I say let it die.

Tatanka
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
I regret that I participated in the speculation, and am glad to hear it is untrue.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I regret that I participated in the speculation, and am glad to hear it is untrue.

Same goes for me.

Gully
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Someone ought to question the so called Bison poster with 775 or so posts on AGS that started the rumor. What a turd. He said a player told him this had happened. Wow, either the player thought it was a funny joke or the poster is really stupid, or both. Regardless the poster on AGS just lost any credibility he had!

Agreed. That is not only stupid but just plain wrong. There are enough legitimate things to complain about without making stuff up.

HandoEX
11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I read through a bunch of Thunderstruck84's posts on AGS and will agree with JSU....seems levelheaded and it would have taken years for a troll to build up that much cred. Maybe someone thought it would be funny to give him/her the bad info as a joke. Either way, it sucks for Jose. I'm sure glad it isn't true!

Bison bison
11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes...it is slander. As most people know, slander is very difficult to prove in court, but if provable damage could be shown, and if Thunderstruck84 could be found...he'd be in court. But this is someone who has no life, sits behind the computer, and hides from the world. He's full of hatred and envy. That 'is' his/her life...and that's all. What a sad existence.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hambone
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Well, since it appears to not be true I'm sorry about bringing it up over here. I'm glad to hear that he didn't affect his future (I'm not worried about the football part, but getting a quality education at a good school for free is something that he would have regretted in the future). So, I'm glad that this rumor is put to rest.

As for Thunderstruck, the main reason I posted about it is that he is a very good poster from the Bison fanbase over on AGS, so I took a little more stock in what he was saying than if it was MPLSBison or someone like that.

Guess I've learned my lesson..... :(

johnson
11-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, since it appears to not be true I'm sorry about bringing it up over here. I'm glad to hear that he didn't affect his future (I'm not worried about the football part, but getting a quality education at a good school for free is something that he would have regretted in the future). So, I'm glad that this rumor is put to rest.

As for Thunderstruck, the main reason I posted about it is that he is a very good poster from the Bison fanbase over on AGS, so I took a little more stock in what he was saying than if it was MPLSBison or someone like that.

Guess I've learned my lesson..... :(

Don't think anyone here could get mad at you for asking the question on the central nervous system for bison athletics. If you find something like that somewhere else I would bring up the question over here to check on confirmation. Bisonvillers would be the first to know. I am glad it is a rumor. Now if you were Thunderstruck84 that would open a whole new can of worms.

BlueBisonRock
11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Don't think anyone here could get mad at you for asking the question on the central nervous system for bison athletics. If you find something like that somewhere else I would bring up the question over here to check on confirmation. Bisonvillers would be the first to know. I am glad it is a rumor. Now if you were Thunderstruck84 that would open a whole new can of Whoopass.

Fixed it for ya.

Swany
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
What sort of sick individual would start a rumor like that? It is flat out despicable. The malice behind such a post is unacceptable. The guy ought to be banned from the message boards permanently. That is beyond the pale. Posting with an anonymous moniker can be a double-edged sword. I think it went beyond message boards as well. I received a few texts and phone calls about it last night. The guy who texted me asking about it does not read Bisonville or AGS. I talked to my parents last night and they'd even received phone calls from their friends around North Dakota about it -- and they don't use Bisonville or the message boards either.

EndZoneQB
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
What sort of sick individual would start a rumor like that? It is flat out despicable. The malice behind such a post is unacceptable. The guy ought to be banned from the message boards permanently. That is beyond the pale. Posting with an anonymous moniker can be a double-edged sword. I think it went beyond message boards as well. I received a few texts and phone calls about it last night. The guy who texted me asking about it does not read Bisonville or AGS. I talked to my parents last night and they'd even received phone calls from their friends around North Dakota about it -- and they don't use Bisonville or the message boards either.

That could, in part, be because a lot of us we're contacting everyone we knew that had some stock in the program to either confirm or deny the rumors.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
This is why I say you should sit on rumors that are very negative about our student athletes until you are absolutely sure what happened or that something happened at all. Or at least you have a source that is vetted, one that has been accurate in the past.

The poster over at AGS should have waited 18 hours for Bohl to have his press conference. Typically if a student athlete breaks a law in the local area, the press is probably going to know about it within a day or two.

KilldeerBison
11-09-2009, 07:44 PM
It seems that this football season has had its share of doozies regarding false statements about NDSU players and coaches. I hope things settle down next year.

tjbison
11-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Same here SORRY Jose. Its just hard NOT to believe some stories after this year!!! Too bad either there is a player out to get him or the guy on AGS is just a Dumba** ill go with the latter:banghead:

bisonbills
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
This season has been full of horse sh!t things going on. The LAST thing NDSU needs is some pecker head spreading rumors about something they heard second or third hand. Complete and utter bullsh!t. Thunderstruck84 is a complete and total douche bag for putting that up. Sit on it if you think you have "ULTIMATE BREAKING NEWS!!!" instead of trying to be the dude that "broke" the story. You ought to be as ashamed of yourself as I am to be associated with you. Now is when this team needs to be rallied around to give them a jump start on next year. We all know this year is lost, but the kids need to know we support them, not that we are going to jump their sh!t when we hear they might have done something wrong from our cousins' friends' uncles' dad. This is outrageous.

met1990
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey--check out this authentic visual evid....Oh wait, I thought this thread was about spreading nonsense rumors--not stopping them. My bad.

tjbison
11-09-2009, 08:19 PM
This season has been full of horse sh!t things going on. The LAST thing NDSU needs is some pecker head spreading rumors about something they heard second or third hand. Complete and utter bullsh!t. Thunderstruck84 is a complete and total douche bag for putting that up. Sit on it if you think you have "ULTIMATE BREAKING NEWS!!!" instead of trying to be the dude that "broke" the story. You ought to be as ashamed of yourself as I am to be associated with you. Now is when this team needs to be rallied around to give them a jump start on next year. We all know this year is lost, but the kids need to know we support them, not that we are going to jump their sh!t when we hear they might have done something wrong from our cousins' friends' uncles' dad. This is outrageous.

He has been pretty mute on the thread, you would think he would have the biggest apology posted on there by now wouldn't you???:smh:

onbison09
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Well like some have said his previous posts were fine (nothing that would raise any red flags) so I think that's why people started wondering. I was really surprised he would just post that.

bisonbills
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
He has been pretty mute on the thread, you would think he would have the biggest apology posted on there by now wouldn't you???:smh:

No because they are an idiot and a coward who is bent on bringing others down. His mom's basement apparently cannot hold his inferiority complex in check.

lakesbison
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I defended it pretty quickly on AGS, but my god, I know how to Troll and this douchebag isnt' a troll thats the sad thing. and my trolling always brings in limits of FISH....

dryash83
11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Same here SORRY Jose. Its just hard NOT to believe some stories after this year!!! Too bad either there is a player out to get him or the guy on AGS is just a Dumba** ill go with the latter:banghead:

Count me in for apologies. Though I don't recall any personal slander toward Jose, only frustration on Mertens coming back to the stage and the overall dismal outlook of the program.

If I may, the original poster threw this story out by whatever information/means/credibility he had for the story. Admin locks it up since it wasn't confirmed. Now, this thread starts with poster that says "I talked with Jose, who said it isn't true". No verification/validation to this statement either.

Where is the accountability????????????????????

rutlandbison
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I know how the rumor started, but will not comment.

Bisonfan1
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I spoke with Wink Dinkerson - Bisonville reporter - and he knows nothing, heard nothing and has saw nottting. All he knows that this caused quite a stir through Bison Nation last night, and caused some people some lost sleep over it. Nobody wants to believe anything more can happen than allready has. But who says everything happens in Fargo or in state for that matter, and im not referancing or singling out this particular alleged incident.

Twentysix
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
There was a police report about a MIP or DUI or something like that on 12th and 11st N in fargo.

Didnt have names or anything, gonna guess thats how whoever posted it drew there conclusions.

How they got mohler from that I have no idea.

I hope he develops into a hell of a qb because singing "Jose, jose, jose" is fun! :D

Should of done the Walker texas ranger theme song for steve.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I know how the rumor started, but will not comment.

now that's just mean :D

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
It's like in the news, when a commentator uses 'some people say'....or 'unverified reports.' It's all worthless...no matter what station. They all do it. It's no better than reading the tabloids while standing in the grocery line.

We live in a tabloidian society. That's exactly what just happened.

HerdBot
11-09-2009, 10:48 PM

I agree with everything you said but I still think it was a funny thing to post.. Rep points for creativity and pissing us all off!

HerdBot
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM

I agree it was bad but I bet even Jose even chuckled at it. I have a unique sense of humor

Bison bison
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
thunderstruck84==joe chapman.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM

It must have been Mertens. :D

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
I'd like to know who the stupid ass is that posted it on AGS before testing the waters here...or just asking the damned question. This wasn't a bisonville member. But even if it was...I want him/her off the damn board.

Swany
11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Yesterday and today were the first times I read AGS board. To give credit where credit is due ... props to Lakes. Yep, that's right, props to Lakes. He's been known to catch flack and take a beating on this board from time to time, but he was on AGS shooting this thing down pretty quick. When others jumped to conclusions, Lakes was denouncing this rumor for what it is -- pure horse$h!t. Nice job, Lakes. Nice job.

HerdBot
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Well like some have said his previous posts were fine (nothing that would raise any red flags) so I think that's why people started wondering. I was really surprised he would just post that.

Maybe he heard it from someone and believed it so he posted it without thinking. You have to agree it WAS BELIEVABLE enough to freak out the entire board.

Trampled
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Bisonville has sunken to a new low and it is fun to watch everyone scramble!!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd like to know who the stupid ass is that posted it on AGS before testing the waters here...or just asking the damned question. This wasn't a bisonville member. But even if it was...I want him/her off the damn board.

CA, he has good posts over there and maybe a player did tell him and he didn't second guess it so he posted it, and maybe the player wanted to pull a prank or something happened that they got in a argument there are quite a few possibilities out there.

bisonbills
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Appears thunderstruck has realized the errors of his ways.....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65937

Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM

post #1

Thunderstruck84
First Class FCS Ruler

Thunderstruck84 is just really niceThunderstruck84 is just really niceThunderstruck84 is just really niceThunderstruck84 is just really niceThunderstruck84 is just really nice

Default NDSU's Starting QB Dismissed from Team
EDIT: Please disregard this and all the other crap I was spewing last night. I feel ashamed and embarrassed for posting what turned out to be a dumb rumor.

I deserve pretty much any jabs you want to throw at me and I apologize for being a douche and opening my big f%&#ing mouth.

Lesson learned I guess you could say, you won't be hearing much out of me for a while.

unbison
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
This is the first thing i am going to blame on mertens..... he is thunderstruck84

Bisonguy
11-10-2009, 01:13 AM
It's like in the news, when a commentator uses 'some people say'....or 'unverified reports.' It's all worthless...no matter what station. They all do it. It's no better than reading the tabloids while standing in the grocery line.

We live in a tabloidian society. That's exactly what just happened.

Or like when a certain newspaper in Grand Forks uses this very messge board as a source? :rofl:

Kermit
11-10-2009, 01:15 AM
The lesson for all of us here is that "the strength of the Bison is the herd." as someone else mentioned, lakes did an awesome job defending Jose on AGS. He should be freed here in recognition for that.

tjbison
11-10-2009, 01:16 AM
The lesson for all of us here is that "the strength of the Bison is the herd." as someone else mentioned, lakes did an awesome job defending Jose on AGS. He should be freed here in recognition for that.

FREE LAKESBISON!!!!!!!

lakesbison
11-10-2009, 01:33 AM
I will take this 2nd chance to DEFEND NDSU, and if I can survive the football season, I can survive a 2nd chance on bisonville. plus I like to post LIVE from events , bball games, fball games, etc.... and I cant right now, thanks for your support!!

onbison09
11-10-2009, 01:35 AM

+++++++++++++++
I think Lakes should be freed unless he posts what the mods and someone others deem as dumb stuff.

BlueBisonRock
11-10-2009, 01:53 AM

Kermit, I agree and applaude Lakes for the approach he used and his tenacity in dealing with those who tried their best to bait him.

BlueBisonRock
11-10-2009, 01:57 AM

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/pointofview.jpg

NDSU1980
11-10-2009, 02:15 AM
I too, am relieved that there is nothing to this story. The main thing is that we keep supporting Jose the rest of the year. I think a lot of the problem is that we remember his earlier mistakes all too well. Just remember, we all did the same things at that age. Some of us were just better at getting away with it :D.

As to Thundarstruck's ID, I have my ideas on who it might be, but I'll reserve comment on it for now.

WYOBISONMAN
11-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Really? You can always quit posting and quit coming here then.....man,who pissed in your Cheerios?