PDA

View Full Version : Sioux vs. Bison

Flanders
11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm hearing from a reliable source that UND and NDSU have agreed to play April 4th and 5th at the Metrodome. Anyone else heard this?

lakesbison
11-09-2009, 03:51 PM
nope........

siouxdgj
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm hearing from a reliable source that UND and NDSU have agreed to play April 4th and 5th at the Metrodome. Anyone else heard this?

Haven't heard anything, but it makes sense to me. Fields up here aren't generally ready for play in early April. UND and NDSU competed in men's golf just a few weeks ago, so agreeing to play in baseball inside only makes sense.

HandoEX
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
A game against the Sioux would be a good way to people talking about the baseball program, which is sorely needed!

Hammersmith
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Confirmed:

Bison-Sioux set to play in baseball (http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/140362/group/home/)

Shawn-O
11-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Confirmed:

Bison-Sioux set to play in baseball (http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/140362/group/home/)

Someone pass Lakesbison the Xanax.

Tatanka
11-09-2009, 10:53 PM

^ This

coldspot
11-09-2009, 10:53 PM

it might already be too late to save him.

i approve of this, much better than driving to kansas to get spanked by the shockers.

backpages
11-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Is it being played in the Metrodome or the new outdoor stadium?

sambini
11-10-2009, 02:10 AM
Don't the Gophers play there games in the Metrodome also? I think its a good deal. Sorry Lakes ...

duluthbison
11-10-2009, 02:14 AM
It's about time, I really want to see a Bison/Sioux game before I decide to graduate.:nod:

lakesbison
11-10-2009, 02:15 AM
ndsustudent u can have the ndsu vs und bike race or golf or baseball. that's more than enough.

duluthbison
11-10-2009, 02:29 AM
ndsustudent u can have the ndsu vs und bike race or golf or baseball. that's more than enough.

Don't forget the Blood Donor competition between NDSU and UND:p

North Side
11-10-2009, 02:30 AM
It's about time, I really want to see a Bison/Sioux game before I decide to graduate.:nod:

Agreed I havent seen anything UND vs NDSU as a college student and I would love to see it happen!! I heard stories about the atmosphere at those rivaly games! Its like some mythical legend or creature!

coldspot
11-10-2009, 02:32 AM

what about volleyball and soccer? how about basketball? its going to happen in all of those sports pretty soon. football they could play as soon as 2012.

duluthbison
11-10-2009, 02:34 AM

Kinda reminds me of this, just picture this as Lakes as he browses inforum.com :D

**jk lakes, its all in good fun ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs

imabison
11-10-2009, 03:42 AM
nope........

Guess lakesbison and the coaching staff are not on the same page!!

Halstrom quoted the coach from the school up north, and its at the Metrodome.

lakesbison
11-10-2009, 03:43 AM
This is a joke.

I can handle golf and crap sports, but baseball, basketball and football are a no-no. granted I think the basebal is a case of someone (UND) (per WDAY STEVE HALLSTROM) reserving the metrodome and begging for a game.

NDSU should in NO WAY WHATSOEVER be giving up 5+ years of seperation from them in MARKETING/EXPOSURE/ADVERTISING/RECRUITS/BOOSTERS, PERIOD.

its an absolute joke, and I am gonna call BS on all of this, Taylor is scared, because he say what the PRO-UND people did to JOE CHAPMAN and is being pressured to renew games in order to SAVE UND.

YES SAVE UND, they have 5500-6000 people at games, they are losing to NAIA teams, and their bball team is horrible.

GENE will be flooded with emails

gene.taylor@NDSU.edu

ndsubison1
11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
we need to play them in all of our minor sports, also in basketball... economically it makes so much sense. but football i'm on the fence.

coldspot
11-10-2009, 11:42 AM
we need to play them in all of our minor sports, also in basketball... economically it makes so much sense. but football i'm on the fence.

with football we could keep playing the wagners of the football world and having a "meh" type game, or bring in the sioux, generate some buzz in the region and have a game with some fire.

lakesbison
11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Why dont you just hand them the blueprints, give,them the. marketing exposure gap,we.built up.right.back, thats horrible business 101 !!

this is about bigger picture stuff, things NDSU have gained in last 5-6 years, obviously gene is afraid the pro-und sbohe,media, etc will put enough pressure on.him to CAVE in,.....we own.the marketing/exposure/recruits advantage, WHY GIVE.THAT BACK? HONESTLY, GIVE.ME A REASON, 1 bball game with 2000more,tickes shouldnt outwiegh the things we.are losing that i just talked about, SIGH

stevdock
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
with football we could keep playing the wagners of the football world and having a "meh" type game, or bring in the sioux, generate some buzz in the region and have a game with some fire.

As up and down as the Sioux football team has been this year could it possibly just end up being a "meh type game??"

NorthernBison
11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I think this is four games right? Two doubleheaders?

roadwarrior
11-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll bet $100 lakes attends these games.......

bisonpride
11-10-2009, 03:11 PM

That is correct 4 games. In the smaller sports it makes sense. Their budgets are strapped as it is that it makes alot more sense to play UND then travel to a Missouri Valley school and ride a bus for 15 hours.

siouxdgj
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Why dont you just hand them the blueprints, give,them the. marketing exposure gap,we.built up.right.back, thats horrible business 101 !!

this is about bigger picture stuff, things NDSU have gained in last 5-6 years, obviously gene is afraid the pro-und sbohe,media, etc will put enough pressure on.him to CAVE in,.....we own.the marketing/exposure/recruits advantage, WHY GIVE.THAT BACK? HONESTLY, GIVE.ME A REASON, 1 bball game with 2000more,tickes shouldnt outwiegh the things we.are losing that i just talked about, SIGH

Lakes, be realistic, please. Whatever marketing advantage, real or perceived that NDSU may (and I emphasize may) have built up over the years has been slowly eroded. I don't believe it's there any more, not to the degree you think is there. What I sense is a real fear on your part that UND at some point could overtake NDSU athletics in popularity. Realistically, I think there's enough support to go around for both schools to bask in. Your bullying UND and its fans, the State Board of Higher Education and selected legislators is not going to work, and you're only setting yourself up for hurt in the long run. Ease up and enjoy. It should be possible for both schools to succeed athletically.

imabison
11-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Lakes, be realistic, please. Whatever marketing advantage, real or perceived that NDSU may (and I emphasize may) have built up over the years has been slowly eroded. I don't believe it's there any more, not to the degree you think is there. What I sense is a real fear on your part that UND at some point could overtake NDSU athletics in popularity. Realistically, I think there's enough support to go around for both schools to bask in. Your bullying UND and its fans, the State Board of Higher Education and selected legislators is not going to work, and you're only setting yourself up for hurt in the long run. Ease up and enjoy. It should be possible for both schools to succeed athletically.

Oh yes great marketing program up north. Let see "Adult Beverages" are "required" for tailgating, let see that lasted about 2 or 3 weeks before someone wisely changed the add. Come and see the Football champions, er Sioux Falls, failed to mention it was the NAIA champion, and then get butts kicked.

sambini
11-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Yes............

56BISON73
11-11-2009, 02:59 AM
I dont know why lakes is so upset as I always thought that he has alot in common with the UND fan base.:D

JSUBison
11-11-2009, 03:57 AM
Both schools should be embarrassed by this. I don't care how wet, muddy and cold it gets, to play a game in the Metrodome like a couple of High School teams is pretty lame. Not to mention the $ loss.

BlueBisonRock
11-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Both schools should be embarrassed by this. I don't care how wet, muddy and cold it gets, to play a game in the Metrodome like a couple of High School teams is pretty lame. Not to mention the $ loss.

Dont know that I agree. Right now, this is an excellent opportunity for me and others who live deeper in MN to take in some baseball! I am looking forward to it.

ndsubison1
11-11-2009, 05:52 AM
i am actually already planning a roadtrip with one of my und friends

bisonpride
11-11-2009, 11:38 AM

There is about a 45% chance they will be able to play at Newman the first week in April. That percentage may even be high. They want to make sure they get the games in and there is a HUGE alumni base in the cities, ESPECIALLY with baseball alumni as that is where a large amount of players for both teams has come from the past 10 years. That is the only weekend that is open likely for both teams and to guarantee the games are played they went to the dome.

onbison09
11-11-2009, 12:25 PM

It's a baseball game, I don't know if people are going to care that much really :hide: :hide:

imabison
11-11-2009, 04:26 PM

$$$ loss yes, but assured the game will be played, but apprently the health of the athletes probably means nothing to you.

Playing baseball on a muddy wet field is very dangerous for the athletes. Cold weather not so much bother.

bincitysioux
11-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I like it...............

Would be nice to have a home-and-home in GF and Fargo, but there are tons of alums for both schools in the TC area and the games are guaranteed to be played. I think it is safe to say that both programs could use a little buzz.

UTH
11-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll bet $100 lakes attends these games.......

Don't see why he wouldn't want to. People like to go to Bison games to see the Bison play. No need to fault him for anything if he goes. If it were any other way, then lakes would be a fair-weather fan. He used to drive the Official Bisonville Bandwagon. Or something, if you remember...