PDA

View Full Version : The Excitement of the Transition

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 02:23 AM
It seems like we're in a little bit of a hangover from the 'highs' of the transition. It's as though most of the goals were met earlier than anyone expected. Also, to have teams of the '06 & '07 caliber and not be able to bring them to the playoffs had its effect...IMO. Kind of like leading a marathon and dropping out a few yards before the finish line.

The bottoming out seemed almost inevitable. This mighty program needs a dynamic leader on the field...someone to help us forget about Steve Walker...and also the garbage that's been going on with discipline problems.

As others have expressed...I think that we will have it in Brock Jensen, Dante Perez, or Esley Thorton. We need to start rebuilding around someone. Here's hoping that they are all here to have a legitimate battle for the starting QB job.

Swany
11-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Amen. I think you are on to something with the effect of those back-to-back 10-1 seasons and their effect. Nobody expected us to get that far that quickly. Maybe we all thought it was easier than it was -- and expected that sort of success each season. We've got some very good young talent that is getting invaluable experience and is going through a season that should toughen their character and resolve. The Bison will be back. Here's to hoping the way back to the top happens sooner rather than later. Spring ball and kickoff 2010 can't come soon enough!

roadwarrior
11-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Maybe the football team - coaches and players - can learn something from the other successful Bison athletic teams that seem to surround them at NDSU.

Jdubs21
11-09-2009, 03:29 AM
i think we all got caught up on our football success....we just dont get paid 200K to look ahead and plan for the future

4mcruenomore
11-09-2009, 04:17 AM
I am confident that there good things to come.

CaBisonFan
11-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Maybe the football team - coaches and players - can learn something from the other successful Bison athletic teams that seem to surround them at NDSU.

Everyone that's responded has made some good points. A good point about the other programs road.

HerdBot
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
It seems like we're in a little bit of a hangover from the 'highs' of the transition. It's as though most of the goals were met earlier than anyone expected. Also, to have teams of the '06 & '07 caliber and not be able to bring them to the playoffs had its effect...IMO. Kind of like leading a marathon and dropping out a few yards before the finish line.

The bottoming out seemed almost inevitable. This mighty program needs a dynamic leader on the field...someone to help us forget about Steve Walker...and also the garbage that's been going on with discipline problems.

As others have expressed...I think that we will have it in Brock Jensen, Dante Perez, or Esley Thorton. We need to start rebuilding around someone. Here's hoping that they are all here to have a legitimate battle for the starting QB job.

Yeah he clearly connected with the team and had them motivated to win the Minnesota game and shoot for the #1 ranking. After the Gopher game it was all down hill. Need to try something different coach!

UTH
11-10-2009, 04:45 PM

This ain't no hangover. A 2-7 record is more like Kool-Aide poisoning. I don't care what year it is, or what division/conference it is. Regardless, that's a bad situation to be in. I'm just going to drink a little from the cup of the dog that bit me.*

*see new signature:D

SDbison
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
The excitement of the transition........for football is gone because the crappy last two years when victories that meant something for postseason didn't happen. The question is why? Was it because of:
Monetary support......no
Fan support......no
Facilities......no
Head coaching......possibly
Assistant coaches......likely
Recruiting......very likely
Talent.....somewhat
Teamwork.....definitely
Execution.....definitely
Discipline.....definitely
Injuries......somewhat
Referees......in a few cases
Lots of questions for next year. Coaches and players need to step up big time. No valid excuse for NDSU football to be near or below .500 for one year let alone two years! There will be wavering fan support for next year. Just how bad will depend on how quickly the program rebounds.

OldBison
11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
IMO, when anyone blames, or even hints to blame, the refs for the current demise of the Bison football program you go from being a miserable whiner to a pathetic whiner. A small distinction perhaps, but I personally prefer to be miserable rather than pathetic. :confused:

SDbison
11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
IMO, when anyone blames, or even hints to blame, the refs for the current demise of the Bison football program you go from being a miserable whiner to a pathetic whiner. A small distinction perhaps, but I personally prefer to be miserable rather than pathetic. :confused:
Whats your problem OldBison? I listed all the issues affecting the Bison this past year and listed as a minor impact a few of the screw job calls the Bison got from the referees. It was indicative of all the troubles the Bison had on and off the field this past year. Get a clue. Don't appreciate the personal attack...........how would like it if I called you an ignorant old fart?