NDSUstudent
11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
3-0 SIU early in the first quarter.

IDDUKES
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
27-3 SIU at the half.

tjbison
11-07-2009, 09:19 PM
34-15 Final SIU puts a total beatdown on the bunnies, 12 of the 15 points scored in mop up! A "top 10" team shouldn't get blown out at home like that

RowdyRabbit
11-07-2009, 09:23 PM
34-15 Final SIU puts a total beatdown on the bunnies, 12 of the 15 points scored in mop up! A "top 10" team shouldn't get blown out at home like that

Yes. By all rights and purposes the game was actually 34-3. And it was that bad. Wow. SIU made it look easy.

tjbison
11-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Yes. By all rights and purposes the game was actually 34-3. And it was that bad. Wow. SIU made it look easy.

I tried to listen to it here in Fargo on 570 it was scratchy, did the Rabbits D just go flat or did SIU simply crank it up a notch?

RowdyRabbit
11-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I tried to listen to it here in Fargo on 570 it was scratchy, did the Rabbits D just go flat or did SIU simply crank it up a notch?

It was the combination of Karim and the backup QB (his name escapes me). Mobile QB's kill us. Karim ripped a couple long runs (a 30 some yarder and a 50 some yarder) QB had several 10 plus yd runs. At half (27-3) they had 200 yds rushing and like 30 yds passing. Ouch. Combine that with our inabilaty to finish a drive (fg) and not even START the rest of our drives, and you get an embarassing loss at home.

bisonmike2
11-07-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm really surprised by that score. I thought this was the bunnies year.

ILBISON
11-07-2009, 11:12 PM
bunnies brought down to earth, the should've lost to UNI too. maybe the bison if pat was playing huh? the gooophers will kill them and hopefully UNI gets the playoff bid instead of them.

i_got_a_fever
11-08-2009, 12:01 AM
bunnies brought down to earth, the should've lost to UNI too. maybe the bison if pat was playing huh? the gooophers will kill them and hopefully UNI gets the playoff bid instead of them.

Heck maybe if mohler was your qb you would of beat us 52-0. I forgot the bison are all that is man this year. you've gotta be kidding. maybe you could get off the d2 koolaid.

jackrabbit1979
11-08-2009, 01:24 AM

What a joke. You're 2-7...just worry about beating Indiana St..

cvbison1
11-08-2009, 01:24 AM
Heck maybe if mohler was your qb you would of beat us 52-0. I forgot the bison are all that is man this year. you've gotta be kidding. maybe you could get off the d2 koolaid.

you just lost suckaaaa! lose 3 in a row and no playoffs sounds about right

TransAmBison
11-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Sorry to hear about the game Jackrabbits. I was pullin' for ya.:( Any chance at an at large bid? Hopefully so. You guys had a great team this year. Good luck!

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-08-2009, 01:43 AM
SIU came to play. We didn't.

In first half our QB, Crawford got sacked 6 times and threw an INT with 1:20 left that was returned 75 yards for a TD. On a prior possession, the center snapped it when he wasn't ready and we lost about 15 yards. Then we attempt to punt but the snap hits our punter in a bad spot (hands). He picks it up and tries to run into the endzone for a safety. He breaks a tackle while running backwards and gets into the endzone but the ref gives him foward progress to the 6 where SIU takes over and easily scores. On another drive we finally throw a TD pass but a WR gets called for a block in the back when our guy was about 2 yards from scoring (he was 10 yards behind the play). Then, we finally get it to first and goal from the 1 and can't punch it in.

Very frustrating game.

Bottom line, they jumped all over us and we should have been wearing green and gold 'cause we looked like the Bison today ;).

RowdyRabbit
11-08-2009, 03:42 AM
SIU came to play. We didn't.

In first half our QB, Crawford got sacked 6 times and threw an INT with 1:20 left that was returned 75 yards for a TD. On a prior possession, the center snapped it when he wasn't ready and we lost about 15 yards. Then we attempt to punt but the snap hits our punter in a bad spot (hands). He picks it up and tries to run into the endzone for a safety. He breaks a tackle while running backwards and gets into the endzone but the ref gives him foward progress to the 6 where SIU takes over and easily scores. On another drive we finally throw a TD pass but a WR gets called for a block in the back when our guy was about 2 yards from scoring (he was 10 yards behind the play). Then, we finally get it to first and goal from the 1 and can't punch it in.

Very frustrating game.

Bottom line, they jumped all over us and we should have been wearing green and gold 'cause we looked like the Bison today ;).

Heh...on that botched punt...how can you be given "forward progress" when running backwards?

NDSUstudent
11-08-2009, 03:43 AM
If PP and Mohler had played it probably would have been a much closer game but what's done is done. Even if they had played no doubt this team would have found another way to lose it.

SDSU did look kind of like us, lots of mistakes, but they didn't overcome their mistakes only to lose tragically in some fashion.

SDSU is a lock for the playoffs barring an epic collapse vs WIU. They would be 8-3 and would have beaten UNI(which is everything to the committee when comparing the two).

sambini
11-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Lennon must of had them ready...

Thumper 76
11-08-2009, 10:54 AM
you just lost suckaaaa! lose 3 in a row and no playoffs sounds about right

Are you even going to be able to make three wins in a row this year? Geeze go ahead and tear us apart for losing the conference championship game. Thats ok though I know people like you haven't had the experience of being even close to that level in the MVC. :blush:

To those Bison fans who did cheer us on I do hope you guys win out! :nod:

Gully
11-08-2009, 11:38 AM
And to think some people say it's not a real rivalry.

ILBISON
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Im in love with the gophers, and I know Minnesota will destroy SDSU, this aint the gooopher team of 2007.
Minn 44
SDSU 10 and yes, Western Illinois will beat the bunny's because they will send their basketball team that cant win on the road.

HandoEX
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
It's a meltdown on bunnyville.com.

jacks1
11-08-2009, 04:08 PM
It's a meltdown on bunnyville.com.

Actually, it's not. Just a bunch of fans that realize the Jacks are not in the same league as SIU right now. Disappointment and frustration, yes....meltdown, no.

HandoEX
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Actually, it's not. Just a bunch of fans that realize the Jacks are not in the same league as SIU right now. Disappointment and frustration, yes....meltdown, no.

Ripping the play calling, ripping the qb, ripping the coach, predicting unthinkable losses (WIU). Hmmm, sounds like a meltdown to me. Of course it's not a collective meltdown, but no different than what happens around here causing the same observations from certain bunny fans.

JACKRABBITFAN
11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Ripping the play calling, ripping the qb, ripping the coach, predicting unthinkable losses (WIU). Hmmm, sounds like a meltdown to me. Of course it's not a collective meltdown, but no different than what happens around here causing the same observations from certain bunny fans.

We got pretty good training on being Negative on BISONVILLE.COM. I think we will be 8-3 and thats damn good for SDSU.

Gully
11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
We got pretty good training on being Negative on BISONVILLE.COM. I think we will be 8-3 and thats damn good for SDSU.

It is very good for SDSU, if you'd have told me 5-6 years ago they'd be doing this well, I wouldn't have believed it. Stiggy has done a very good job.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-08-2009, 09:19 PM

where was their sell out???

tjbison
11-08-2009, 09:27 PM

don't read it then its a very simple concept to understand. I could not believe when I heard the boos from the crowd yesterday on the radio.

mango
11-08-2009, 10:25 PM

How do you figure we should have lost to UNI?

Tatanka
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Why not ?

NDSUFan_Sav
11-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Are you even going to be able to make three wins in a row this year? Geeze go ahead and tear us apart for losing the conference championship game. Thats ok though I know people like you haven't had the experience of being even close to that level in the MVC. :blush:

To those Bison fans who did cheer us on I do hope you guys win out! :nod:

in front of 10,000 fans??? nice showing SDSU

jackrabbit1979
11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
in front of 10,000 fans??? nice showing SDSU

If tearing SDSU down because of our attendance is what it takes to make you feel better about yourself and your lousy football season...keep it up. Like I said, maybe you should worry more about beating Indiana State and keeping your team off the police blotters.

SDSU should finish the season in the top 20 attendance wise in all of FCS, averaging around 13,500 fans/game. That is pretty damn good for a school that is just in the process a building a true football tradition/fanbase, and is located in one of the smaller FCS population bases in the nation. No one here is proclaiming that we have the following of the mighty Bison, but that is only about 4000 less than your average in a town 1/6th the size of Fargo. I won't even get into the whole paid versus actual attendance argument which would actually make the numbers closer.

SDSU has no where near the advantages right now that NDSU has in football (facilities, # of coaches, salaries for staff, tradition, fundraising, location etc.) but has matched or exceeded their success since making the transition and been more successful head to head. If I was a Bison fan, that is what I would be concerned about.

HandoEX
11-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Like I said, maybe you should worry more about beating Indiana State and keeping your team off the police blotters.

Fans can't control beating Indiana State or keeping the team off the police blotters. We support the team here by actually attending the games.

Amused
11-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Southern Illinois jumps to #1 in FCS coaches poll.

UNI #11
SDSU #12

Bison bison
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
So SDSU finally got 'beat' on the football field (I know they also lost to Poly).

They are still solid and SIU is not some sort of super-human team.

Hopefully SDSU wins out and the MVC gets a couple teams into the playoffs.

NDSUstudent
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
While I don't want to pile on with the attendance issues, this post from a gopher fan over at SDSU's board did surprise me...

SDSU didn't sell out their Visitor allotment so tickets were returned to the general public through the Gopher Ticket office. You can still buy tickets in the SDSU visitor section at GopherSports.com for face value. I don't think Jack fans will have much problems finding a reasonable ticket this weekend.

jackrabbit1979
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
While I don't want to pile on with the attendance issues, this post from a gopher fan over at SDSU's board did surprise me...
Maybe it surprises you because it isn't true. The SDSU ticket office has said that their allotment has been sold out for over a month...

Terry Vandrovec had this tidbit in one of his latest blogs dated 11/3:

SDSU fundraiser Mike Burgers said that he gets a handful of calls every week from boosters wanting tickets to the football game at Minnesota on Nov. 14. Of course, the game has long been sold out.

I'm sure that if our foundation people are looking for extra tickets, it means that we didn't return tickets to the U of M.

cvbison1
11-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Maybe it surprises you because it isn't true. The SDSU ticket office has said that their allotment has been sold out for over a month...

Terry Vandrovec had this tidbit in one of his latest blogs dated 11/3:

I'm sure that if our foundation people are looking for extra tickets, it means that we didn't return tickets to the U of M.

I was just at the Gopher game this past week against Illinois and after the game many people were yelling "next weeks tickets half price" so it won't be hard to find tickets down at the game.

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM

That very same poster has admitted he was wrong. The tickets available are tickets that U of M's athletic department returned. We sold out of our 3,000 months ago.

steelbison
11-13-2009, 02:30 AM
What a joke. You're 2-7...just worry about beating Indiana St..

No your the joke...

Please go back to you board and get the he## out of here!!!!

So tired of you bunnie fans:banghead:

steelbison
11-13-2009, 02:32 AM

First off...who said you had to read anything on Bisonville?? Pretty sure we would be better off if you went somewhere else..

also 8-3 is damn good??? 9-2, 10-1, Winning the conference is good..

8-3 is a decent year....nothing special..

Grizzled
11-13-2009, 12:33 PM
First off...who said you had to read anything on Bisonville?? Pretty sure wer would be better off if you went somewhere else..

also 8-3 is damn good??? 9-2, 10-1, Winning the conference is good..

8-3 is a decent year....nothing special..

I would take 8-3 and a trip to the playoffs in a heartbeat. I think any of us would and it would be pretty special.