PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Saul

DjKyRo
11-05-2009, 03:19 AM
This isn't necessarily provoked by tonight's performance or my sudden explosion of basketball man-love, but I think this deserves its own thread - a shout-out to Saul for playing such a large role in the recent success of Bison Basketball and for really getting some spotlight onto NDSU.

Starting with his time with the Fab Four since they were redshirt freshman, all the way to the NDSU's first Dance, and now with his work after they're gone. He's gone out and done some great recruiting, has been miling the Dance trip for all it's worth, and has represented NDSU tremendously well in his various moments in the national spotlight.

Thanks, Saul!

Facts
11-05-2009, 03:36 AM
Saul,
Great work. Stick around.
F A C T S

HandoEX
11-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Saulsage Fest!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Thanks Saul you've been a big part to where we are today and the future is bright for NDSU men's basketball, also I have to thank Tim Miles for helping here as well if it weren't for those 2 guys I'm not sure we'd be where we are today, but we did have the pleasure to see both of these guys coaching at NDSU. By having them at NDSU it is giving us the possibilities of recruiting the type of athletes we've never seen here before. We had ESPN here for Midnight Madness. We were on CBS for March Madness. The list goes on and on!

I want to thank Andre as well for coming to NDSU and helping us knock off some big time schools and to the start of putting NDSU on the map.

Lastly, the Fab 4( winks, lucas, woody, and nelson) and even Zo Riley granted he didn't get a lot of minutes I am sure he was at practice helping our guys get better.

Also I want to thank all the other players that are here now and in the past for playing at NDSU and becoming apart of the Bison family!

BadlandsBison
11-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Saul has impressed me so far. I really don't know the fine details of basketball as well as I claim to know football, but he seems to be a legit head coach.

But since last year's recruiting class wasn't his own, does anyone think he has anything to prove? Just wondering what people think.

OrygunBison
11-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Saul has impressed me so far. I really don't know the fine details of basketball as well as I claim to know football, but he seems to be a legit head coach.

But since last year's recruiting class wasn't his own, does anyone think he has anything to prove? Just wondering what people think.

I believe he helped recruit them. Regardless, he definitely helped to shape them into winners. Just the development of last season's squad from October through March was remarkable. We were a middle-of-the-pack kinda team at the beginning of the season.

Regarding the Miles vs. Saul comparison, I actually think we won out with Tim's departure. This isn't meant to be a rip on him but rather an acknowledgement that if he would have stayed, Saul likely would not be shining as brightly for us or anyone else. While I probably still think that Coach Miles is a better coaching mind, Saul is so f'ing likable that I think it infects everyone around him. Hell, the press loves the guy. He's a great personality for the team and the University right now.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2009, 04:59 AM
We had one turnover in the first half. That is all on coaching! Great work Saul and the Bison coaching staff to get these guys on the same page this early.

Jdubs21
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
im not saying anything...i dont wanna jinx it

Mr. Burgundy
11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Saul and this staff have really become known for "player development" and that is one of the main reasons they have been so successful recruiting. AAU, high school coaches, parents and kids have seen what this staff can do with kids when they get to campus. It is amazing.