PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Bison

Facts
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
C. Troy got me thinking about this with his "Random" bison thread. Who makes your top 5 greatest Bison football players?

Here's mine:
Jeff Bentrim
Chris Simdorn
Tony Satter
Phil Hanson
Steve Walker

bisonmike2
11-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Shawn Bibeaux

:hide:

GOB1SON
11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Shawn Bibeaux

:hide:

This is getting old. Bash, bash, bash. Let's support the players we have now and if you have a voice, other than the one on this board, let Gene and Simmers know how you feel about the program. I promise they will read your email.

Greatest Players:

1a) Bentrim
1b) Simdorn (I have never really understood why Bentrim is considered heads and shoulders above Simmy. Why isn't Simmy in the D2 HOF???)
2) Hatchett
3a) Dick
3b) Hanson
4) Nelson
5) Favor

94 Bison
11-04-2009, 10:10 PM
This is getting old. Bash, bash, bash. Let's support the players we have now and if you have a voice, other than the one on this board, let Gene and Simmers know how you feel about the program. I promise they will read your email.

AMEN TO THIS

80ALUM
11-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Paul Hatchett and Joe Cichy

Trampled
11-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Yea, nothing like living in the past.

lakesbison
11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Amen.

we need to fix the problems NOW and get to the MAC, WAC & FBS.

not worry and talk about D2 or 1960's! PROGRESS PEOPLE!!

CaBisonFan
11-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Paul Hatchett and Joe Cichy

Joe Cichy
Jeff Bentrim
Joe Mays
Phil Hansen
Steve Nelson

MHDBisonfan
11-05-2009, 01:39 AM
in no particular order: (yes, i was an NDSU student during the "glory days", luckily!)

tony satter
chris simdorn
jeff bentrim
phil hansen
steve walker

Castor Troy
11-05-2009, 02:10 AM
I started following the Bison in 1989 when I was a freshman living in Churchill Hall. So I can only go by who I have seen play.

1. Phil Hanson
2. Lamar Gordon
3. Chris Simdorn
4. Steve Walker
5. T.R. McDonald

56BISON73
11-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Steve Nelson
Jeff Bentrim
Dennis Izzy Isrow
Ron Earhardt
Ardel Weigant

GOB1SON
11-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Steve Nelson
Jeff Bentrim
Dennis Izzy Isrow
Ron Earhardt
Ardel Weigant

IZZY!!! What a great gentleman and a great, great Bison.

bisonmike2
11-05-2009, 02:31 AM

Greatest Players:

1a) Bentrim
1b) Simdorn (I have never really understood why Bentrim is considered heads and shoulders above Simmy. Why isn't Simmy in the D2 HOF???)
2) Hatchett
3a) Dick
3b) Hanson
4) Nelson
5) Favor

Well you took it as a bash. Shawn happens to be the all time scorer in NDSU history.

ndsubison1
11-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Lamar Gordon is top 5

sambini
11-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Mike Whetstone, Wayne Schluchter, Mark Eidem, Todd Lecy, Scott Vandevoort,Mike Kasowski,Marc Braeger,Paul Driscoll, Dave Piepkorn,Jeff Bentrim,Chad Stark,Tony Satter,Ken Muchenhirn,Dana Muehlheiser,Steve Krause,Paul Hatchett, Joe CICHY,Steve Nelson,Mark Speral,Denis ISROW, Ron Erhardt,....

Jay
11-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Amen.

Lakes, I like you most of the time, but wow, you can be so f'ing stupid. If we didn't have a past, you wouldn't be here right now.

SDbison
11-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Lakes, I like you most of the time, but wow, you can be so f'ing stupid. If we didn't have a past, you wouldn't be here right now.
Yeah, because we don't have a present some of you are living in the past. This is a stupid thread to have during a season that is lacking with leaders and players that excel. Maybe in the off sesaon this thread might have some validity, but obviously some of you just live in the past and are content with that. I am sure SDSU is not content with their past and they have done far more ewith much lessin recent years. I am sure most these guys from 20, 30 and 40 years ago are going to keep season ticket sales growing and attendance high......you betcha......NOT!

sambini
11-05-2009, 04:50 AM
To all that have worn the jersey thanks++++++

lakesbison
11-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Gotta start stepping up to the plate in 2009!! and 2010.

not 1963, 1978 , 1986 !

START A FUND DRIVE TO GET INTO THE MAC!! They need 1 more team in the WEST! THEN WE CAN ALL EMBRACE BISON NATION!!

JE
11-05-2009, 06:18 AM
bentrim
favor
simmy
mays
walker

IzzyFlexion
11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
IZZY!!! What a great gentleman and a great, great Bison.

And....National Athletic Training Hall of Fame member.

WYOBISONMAN
11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Joe Chapman........He kick started the slumbering giant called NDSU.

GOB1SON
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Well you took it as a bash. Shawn happens to be the all time scorer in NDSU history.

Hey, I apologize. Just having a stressful day and your comment torked me off a little. This whole football thing has me really down.

I'm just a little tired of all the smartass comments and snide remarks (and not just from you, you just found yourself in my crosshairs) especially when it singles players out. I've been fortunate enough to meet some of these kids and they are good kids and good students. Shawn seems to be a pretty damn fine young man.

We know that the kids are struggling, we know that this team sucks, and the coaching stinks. It's been hashed over and over and over.

Sorry. I like your posts and know that you are a good fan that is truly passionate about Bison athletics.

sambini
11-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Joe Chapman........He kick started the slumbering giant called NDSU.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

94 Bison
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey, I apologize. Just having a stressful day and your comment torked me off a little. This whole football thing has me really down.

I'm just a little tired of all the smartass comments and snide remarks (and not just from you, you just found yourself in my crosshairs) especially when it singles players out. I've been fortunate enough to meet some of these kids and they are good kids and good students. Shawn seems to be a pretty damn fine young man.

We know that the kids are struggling, we know that this team sucks, and the coaching stinks. It's been hashed over and over and over.

Sorry. I like your posts and know that you are a good fan that is truly passionate about Bison athletics.

Not sure I buy his whole "I really meant it" thing...He has posted too many sarcastic posts in the past...

As for the Greatest Bison...They all have earned their spot in Bison History...That is why we love them all

TheDoctor
11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Gotta start stepping up to the plate in 2009!! and 2010.

START A FUND DRIVE TO GET INTO THE MAC!!

Great! I fully expect you to be walking around tailgating in two weeks carrying the coffee can that says "MAC" on the side. It will be OVERFLOWING I am sure. NOONES heads are there right now. In fact, unforunately at this point, you could collect a lot more money with a coffee can that says, "Fire You Know Who" on it. ;)

NDSUFREAK
11-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Amen.

it is never wrong to recognize the past who have brought us to our DI present...even tho this year hasnt gone our way.

4mcruenomore
11-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Jeff Bentrim.
Started as a QB all 4 years, true freshman. Played in 4 National Championship games, won 3 of them. Beat Walter Payton's touchdown record. I mean, is this really a thread?

CaBisonFan
11-06-2009, 03:42 AM
Jeff Bentrim.
Started as a QB all 4 years, true freshman. Played in 4 National Championship games, won 3 of them. Beat Walter Payton's touchdown record. I mean, is this really a thread?

And probably would have won all four if he hadn't been injured during the Troy State game in 1984.

4mcruenomore
11-06-2009, 03:44 AM
And won a Grey Cup. I have the banner for that too, awesome.

Facts
11-06-2009, 03:52 AM
Jeff Bentrim.

This really isn't a thread for The Single Best Bison Player of All-time, which I would agree Bentrim is.

I asked who were your greatest five players.

4mcruenomore
11-06-2009, 03:59 AM
This really isn't a thread for The Single Best Bison Player of All-time, which I would agree Bentrim is.

I asked who were your greatest five players.

OK, my personal? Kevin Feeney, Ryan Perhus, Brian Schiwal. Friends, once a Bison, always a Bison.

TheDoctor
11-06-2009, 04:00 AM
OK, my personal? Kevin Feeney, Ryan Perhus, Brian Schiwal. Friends, once a Bison, always a Bison.

Will Kevin one day be on the short list of Greatest Bison coaches??? ;)

4mcruenomore
11-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Kevin is a hell of a person, coach, player. I hope so. He bleeds green and yellow.

TheDoctor
11-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Kevin is a hell of a person, coach, player. I hope so. He bleeds green and yellow.

It will be interesting to see if he winds up at Davies and if so, how they will do next year without a single senior on the football team. ;)

4mcruenomore
11-06-2009, 04:24 AM
As a friend, and fellow bison. I wish him the best

Bison_Backer
11-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Scott Fuchs one of the greatest 100 North Dakotans. Also our Current o-line coach, don't hold that against him.

BlueBisonRock
11-06-2009, 07:00 AM
It will be interesting to see if he winds up at Davies and if so, how they will do next year without a single senior on the football team. ;)

Check out Lakeville South (couple years back) to see how this scenario played out for them.

NDSU_grad
11-06-2009, 02:37 PM

The pride of Halliday, ND. I lived with Perhus for a year in college. Christ, I sound like Lakes now.

skolbrother
11-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Check out Lakeville South (couple years back) to see how this scenario played out for them.

I am curious and lazy ... how did it go?

TheDoctor
11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
The pride of Halliday, ND. I lived with Perhus for a year in college. Christ, I sound like Lakes now.

:rofl: :rofl: Good one! ;)

BlueBisonRock
11-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I am curious and lazy ... how did it go?

Reader's Digest Version: Lakeville opened a second HS in the fall of 2005. The highly successful football went to South. They play in the Lakes Conference (toughest FB conference in MN). In 2005, they went 7-5 and were the participant in the AAAAA state tourney from section one. They followed this with a 13-1 record in 2006 with their only loss coming to Eden Prairie in the AAAAA Championship game.

steelbison
11-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Steve Nelson
Phil Hansen
Tony Satter
Jeff Bentrim
Mike Favor

Close second

Steve Walker
Joe Mays
Tyrone Braxton
Jim Dick
Paul Hatchett

What would be really fun is to go positon by positon...

HandoEX
11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Will Kevin one day be on the short list of Greatest Bison coaches??? ;)

A caller asked him on 970am on Wednesday night if he would consider going after the MSUM job and he gave the standard "here and now" answer. I think that job would be a great step for Feeney...local, D2, a really promising young QB to groom. If he got that job, I think it would be a nice stepping stone for him to get to the next level.

TheDoctor
11-06-2009, 08:25 PM
A caller asked him on 970am on Wednesday night if he would consider going after the MSUM job and he gave the standard "here and now" answer. I think that job would be a great step for Feeney...local, D2, a really promising young QB to groom. If he got that job, I think it would be a nice stepping stone for him to get to the next level.

I just can't see Kevin at a program like Moorhead State. I went to a game this fall when Concordia St. Paul was in town to see Jordan and I was AMAZED to see that Moorhead State had a total of 250 fans there, students and all. I literally could have counted every person there if I had taken the 5 minutes necessary to do so. Kevin gets twice that at a South game right now. ;)

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
11-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Here's my top 5

1. Phil Hansen
2. Steve Walker
3. Joe Mays
4. Chris Simdorn
5. Lamar Gordon

bisonpride
11-08-2009, 03:02 AM

Did he produce 120 points in 6 games this year with out me realizing it? He was 5th going into the season. Bibeau had 268 points to start the season with Lamar Gordon 2nd with 384 and Jeff Bentrim 1st with 386.

TheDoctor
11-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Did he produce 120 points in 6 games this year with out me realizing it? He was 5th going into the season. Bibeau had 268 points to start the season with Lamar Gordon 2nd with 384 and Jeff Bentrim 1st with 386.

I think he was being facetious to dull the confrontation! It was meant sarcastically originally, yet he took the out. ;)