PDA

View Full Version : Give the ball to Paschall more

ndsubison1
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
We do good things when we give our horse the ball... everybody else, not so much

CaBisonFan
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
We do good things when we give our horse the ball... everybody else, not so much

And besides...let him build the stats for recognition...All-Conference...All-American...etc. Agreed on the main point also. But it makes entirely too much sense.

EndZoneQB
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
So wait...we bitch about play calling all week how its all runs and hardly any passes...yet you want Paschall to get the ball more????

We need more offensive plays for that to happen. His lack of touches aren't for the coaches not giving him the ball, but we don't have a lot of plays on offense...too many 3 and outs... etc..

Mr. Burgundy
11-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Did CABison and Lakes cancel their Team Makers yet? I thought I read that in the game thread.

Tatanka
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
So wait...we bitch about play calling all week how its all runs and hardly any passes...yet you want Paschall to get the ball more????

We need more offensive plays for that to happen. His lack of touches aren't for the coaches not giving him the ball, but we don't have a lot of plays on offense...too many 3 and outs... etc..

There are other ways to get Pat the ball... Some have heard of a screen pass.* ;)

*-Unfortunately, none of them call plays for the Bison.

EndZoneQB
11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
There are other ways to get Pat the ball... Some have heard of a screen pass.* ;)

*-Unfortunately, none of them call plays for the Bison.

Agreed, but you can only run that a few* times in a single game.

Then again, with our play calling, the sky is the limit??

Tatanka
11-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Agreed, but you can only run that a few* times in a single game.

Then again, with our play calling, the sky is the limit??

Indeed. Lather, rinse, condition, punt, repeat.

DjKyRo
11-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Paschall's definitely a playmaker, but I really like Voit as well. It seems like everytime he touches the ball good things happen (touchdowns). I'm stoked for next season as it seems like we'll actually have the three-headed monster of Ojuri, McNorton and Voit - not to mention Sigers and incoming freshman Ryan Smith, though i'm assuming he'll redshirt.

Either way, RB is most definitely going to be one of our deepest if not THE deepest position(s) next year. Really looking forward to NDSU's rushing attack of 2010!

Notorious
11-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Reminds me of a story a former Bison coach told....evidently, the evening after a successful game he was discussing the game with his wife, who indicated that she thought he should run "the play where the linebacker rushes in and sacks the quarterback more often"...

Give the ball to Paschall more?....it's not that simple

ndsubison1
11-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Reminds me of a story a former Bison coach told....evidently, the evening after a successful game he was discussing the game with his wife, who indicated that she thought he should run "the play where the linebacker rushes in and sacks the quarterback more often"...

Give the ball to Paschall more?....it's not that simple

i dont see what would be wrong with giving him 25 carries a game... we're better off running him than doing the stupid 5 yard outs that dont work

Notorious
11-03-2009, 12:38 AM
i dont see what would be wrong with giving him 25 carries a game... we're better off running him than doing the stupid 5 yard outs that dont work

I hear you...just giving you a hard time !! We can't do much else anyway.

Herd80
11-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Speaking of Voit, did he even get a carry Saturday? What's up with that?

stevdock
11-03-2009, 12:41 AM
You have to have a healthy mix of run and pass plays or the one you go heavy with will be much harder to run right. If we run the first 10 times, they are going to put 8 or 9 guys in the box and completely stuff the run. You have to have those SUCCESSFUL pass plays in there to keep the extra guys out of the box.

The other thing with giving him 25 carries a game is PP is not the only RB on the roster that gets in the game. Each RB does something a little bit differently and if used properly they can all work together well. Are we doing that?? Who knows??

The one thing I do know is you NEVER design an offensive gameplan to boost someone's stats or for All-American honors. That's like saying when Drago was here, "Offense you have to go 3 and out, so he can get the minimum amount of punts in." Not fair to anyone involved and not going to help the team win, which is the only stat that matters.

Jdubs21
11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
no offense to paschall but i dont think he has the frame to carry the ball 25+ times a game for an entire year...but its the last 2 games of his career as a bison comingup...let him bring us 2 more victories

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Did CABison and Lakes cancel their Team Makers yet? I thought I read that in the game thread.

And you're concerned about this because...? Why the 'personal' calling out Burgundy? Need to take something out on someone tonight?

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Paschall is very tough. That's not a problem. It's all pretty futile anyway. Might as well run the high school offense to finish the year.

imabison
11-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Speaking of Voit, did he even get a carry Saturday? What's up with that?

Did Voit even make the trip? He was still injured during the Mo State game, not sure if he is healed up yet to play!!

NDSUstudent
11-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Voigt played but he was limited to special teams duty. I suppose the coaches didn't want him running too much on that sloppy track.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2009, 01:51 AM
You have to have a healthy mix of run and pass plays or the one you go heavy with will be much harder to run right. If we run the first 10 times, they are going to put 8 or 9 guys in the box and completely stuff the run. You have to have those SUCCESSFUL pass plays in there to keep the extra guys out of the box.

The other thing with giving him 25 carries a game is PP is not the only RB on the roster that gets in the game. Each RB does something a little bit differently and if used properly they can all work together well. Are we doing that?? Who knows??

The one thing I do know is you NEVER design an offensive gameplan to boost someone's stats or for All-American honors. That's like saying when Drago was here, "Offense you have to go 3 and out, so he can get the minimum amount of punts in." Not fair to anyone involved and not going to help the team win, which is the only stat that matters.

Since when has the coaching staff done whatever it takes to win?...:cool:

Right...mixing up the offense is good...very good. First-down passes would have been good about 14 months ago. And putting in the player(s) that give you the best chance to win ain't a bad idear. Fairness is not college football.

North Side
11-03-2009, 05:17 AM
agreed give Pat the rock!! I want to see him get a shot at playing on Sunday's next year!