PDA

View Full Version : The Bison Faithful?

dryash83
10-31-2009, 01:25 AM
So this is it? The night before Western Illinios, and 7 members logged in to bisonville??? Have we come this far?? Are we the "fair weather" fan base? Where are the prognosticators? Where's the details on the leathernecks?
I'm still in this season........ I'm hoping more of you are two.

For a guy that's only been on for a few months, I'm relying on you guys to keep me informed on the upcoming competition. Heaven forbid I can get any from the local news media.

I'm not starting a game thread, but EVERYBODY UP FOR THE KICKOFF!!!!!

HandoEX
10-31-2009, 01:34 AM
The Leathernecks are in a world of hurt right now. Their head coach, Don Patterson, retired in the midst of the season a month of so ago.

Their qb couldn't hold Nick Mertens jocks strap (2 tds, 9 ints)! Matt Barr is a stud, but he's hurt and his replacement is just straight up bad. This is by far the worst offense we've faced this year.

They lost to Indiana State.

How many starters are we down right now? This should b e a VERY winnable game for the Bison, but ya never know in a season like this.

dryash83
10-31-2009, 01:37 AM
yep, heard about their coach. Morale is low (for us too), but when do the leathernecks "win one for coach"??? At home? Man, I'm not sure this is our one conference win for the season?

Who do we have traveling to the game?

dryash83
10-31-2009, 01:38 AM
yep, heard about their coach. Morale is low (for us too), but when do the leathernecks "win one for coach"??? At home? Man, I'm not sure this is our one conference win for the season?

Who do we have traveling to the game?

Actually, I meant bisonville faithful, not players. I assume Road, anyone else?

lakesbison
10-31-2009, 01:53 AM
most of us have resorted to drinking on a daily basis.

sorry, no time for bisonville!

lakesbison
10-31-2009, 01:55 AM
oh and most of us that used to post 5-6 times a day with 2-3 new topics are on 'moderation'

TheDoctor
10-31-2009, 02:57 AM
Actually, I meant bisonville faithful, not players. I assume Road, anyone else?

And I am guessing the only reason Road is going is to keep the streak going for next year. Just kidding...he is going to Western and Indiana State because he wants to be the ONLY other person other than the coaches to see us win back-to-back games the whole season. It will happen and it WILL be the highlight of the season. ;)

CaBisonFan
10-31-2009, 03:25 AM
So this is it? The night before Western Illinios, and 7 members logged in to bisonville??? Have we come this far?? Are we the "fair weather" fan base? Where are the prognosticators? Where's the details on the leathernecks?

For a guy that's only been on for a few months, I'm relying on you guys to keep me informed on the upcoming competition. Heaven forbid I can get any from the local news media.

I'll be watching the game on my computer. Think it's on. I'll watch regardless of how the season has gone. It's the best I can do...and afford. Would love to have flown to a couple of games this year.

I think that people are tired of bisonville right now. The true-blue Bison fan base isn't going anywhere. It's been hard to focus on the upcoming games and opponent when so much has been going on here.

Welcome aboard. We need people like you to write...:nod:

North Side
10-31-2009, 03:35 AM
I am sure plenty of people will be back on bisonville to complain if we lose to WIU :p

I decided to move on to volleyball. I am even debating about not watching football game tomorrow. Football is just getting me :smh: down and its kinda beating an old horse to death, but I am not going to stop supporting them.

Jdubs21
10-31-2009, 03:44 AM
I'll never lose hope...we could be 55 straight losses like indiana state had and i'd still support the bison...i bleed green and gold(yellow), what about the rest of you?

dryash83
10-31-2009, 03:57 AM
I'll never lose hope...we could be 55 straight losses like indiana state had and i'd still support the bison...i bleed green and gold(yellow), what about the rest of you?

your'e one of those fans that's in the stands till the last minute. Good to see guy like you hanging on. The sun always comes out at the end of the storm.

DORMIE
10-31-2009, 04:06 AM
Just got home from the volleyball match (after a few cool ones at the Ground Round) Smoked UMKC in 3 and at least tied for the Summitt League championship. Man those kids are good. Also getting some fine time from some freshmen. Sat with Road yesterday at Teammakers. He was taking off yesterday for Macomb to beat the snow. He will be going to Bison football games until he krokes. It's his passon. He should be commended on the many ways he supports NDSU.

TheDoctor
10-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Just got home from the volleyball match (after a few cool ones at the Ground Round) Smoked UMKC in 3 and at least tied for the Summitt League championship. Man those kids are good. Also getting some fine time from some freshmen. Sat with Road yesterday at Teammakers. He was taking off yesterday for Macomb to beat the snow. He will be going to Bison football games until he krokes. It's his passon. He should be commended on the many ways he supports NDSU.

In the words of The GREAT Sambini...."++++++++++++++++++++++++"! ;)

BlueBisonRock
10-31-2009, 04:14 AM

Hey Dry Guy. Checking in like always on the evening before a FB game. Glad you are here.

I am picking the Bison as I have the glasses and the koolaid is ready. Will follow the game tomorrow by what ever internet capability is available.

TheDoctor
10-31-2009, 04:21 AM
As bad as we are, we WILL win the next two games and then lose to YSU at home to end the season. I know we will win both and I will be ill if people come on here and say we've turned something around after we do. We are bad, but just not WIU or ISU bad. Trust me, thats not saying anything. ;)

North Side
10-31-2009, 04:26 AM
As bad as we are, we WILL win the next two games and then lose to YSU at home to end the season. I know we will win both and I will be ill if people come on here and say we've turned something around after we do. We are bad, but just not WIU or ISU bad. Trust me, thats not saying anything. ;)

I agree win next 2 and lose to YSU,but these 2 wins won't be easy just so many injuries :( !! I heard a rumor that Bohl is going to play middle backer tomorrow. :D Any truth to that?

NDSUFan_Sav
10-31-2009, 05:53 AM
your'e one of those fans that's in the stands till the last minute. Good to see guy like you hanging on. The sun always comes out at the end of the storm.

not when its evening/dark out :)

NDSUFan_Sav
10-31-2009, 05:56 AM

hell yeah...same way as you!!!

MOTBison
10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
I will be cheering as loud as I can today watching on my computer from work, here in Parachute, Co. I will never give up!!!!!

I am not sure if my comments apply, but I just wanted to post it somewhere.

chuckles
10-31-2009, 02:23 PM
So road and I will be the only ones to make the trip? Tailgating starts in 30min, salmon and potatoes on the grill! Go Bison!

CarringtonBison
10-31-2009, 02:56 PM
I will also support the bison through thick and thin. Had a school board convention during the day and guard drill last night/today. Got to the hotel and NO INTERNET. I could not get my bisonville fix.

bisoningrandforks
10-31-2009, 03:43 PM
will be watching at home via internet again....some snow on the ground here in northern colo, roads are clear and sunny today......gee I miss going to games in greeley, it was so close!!.......go herd!!

Tatanka
10-31-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm at work today (not for the man, but for the wife) but will absolutely have the game on at the store. Hoping for the best, bracing for the worst. Either way, I'll be at the Youngstown game. And tailgating. And on time to both!!!

johnson
10-31-2009, 03:53 PM
I'll be watching on TV. I've been nervously pacing since I woke up this morning. Go Bison!

spelunker64
10-31-2009, 04:20 PM
I was at the Women's VB game watching them win the Summit :D

Jdubs21
10-31-2009, 04:21 PM

I've never left a game early even when there is no way of a comeback, our players play till the horn sounds, why cant we as fans cheer till the game ends, its because of this i got to see things like Thor Browns 1 handed catch against Northern Iowa, and not to forget steve walkers amazing comeback with 27 seconds remaining against sam houston 3 years ago :)

56BISON73
10-31-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm at work today (not for the man, but for the wife) but will absolutely have the game on at the store. Hoping for the best, bracing for the worst. Either way, I'll be at the Youngstown game. And tailgating. And on time to both!!!

What store does your wife have???

dryash83
10-31-2009, 05:14 PM
I've never left a game early even when there is no way of a comeback, our players play till the horn sounds, why cant we as fans cheer till the game ends, its because of this i got to see things like Thor Browns 1 handed catch against Northern Iowa, and not to forget steve walkers amazing comeback with 27 seconds remaining against sam houston 3 years ago :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

90BISON
10-31-2009, 07:37 PM

Seem like that happened a long time ago....... :smh: & YES, I always stay until the very end, ALWAYS!