PDA

View Full Version : Another QB NDSU should look at

SDbison
10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Ryan Toelle from Sisseton had a huge game in the first round of the South Dakota H.S. playoffs. He went 28 of 45 for 606 yards (SD state record) to help Sisseton defeat perennial contender for the class 11A state championship West Central, 48-47.
NOTE: Toelle replaced Dustin Lotzer, the heralded QB from Sisseton who got injured in the playoffs last year. NDSU and SDSU were looking at Lotzer who graduated this past spring. Not sure where he ended up.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091029/COLUMNISTS0104/910290333/1002/sports

bisonmike2
10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Ryan Toelle from Sisseton had a huge game in the first round of the South Dakota H.S. playoffs. He went 28 of 45 for 606 yards (SD state record) to help Sisseton defeat perennial contender for the class 11A state championship West Central, 48-47.
NOTE: Toelle replaced Dustin Lotzer, the heralded QB from Sisseton who got injured in the playoffs last year. NDSU and SDSU were looking at Lotzer who graduated this past spring. Not sure where he ended up.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20091029/COLUMNISTS0104/910290333/1002/sports

Didn't Lotzer walk on at SDSU?
Just another QB we didn't need.:(

HandoEX
10-30-2009, 03:44 PM

Yeah, Lotzer walked on at SDSU.

Sumner > either anyways, so hopefully we get an offer out to him asap.

Kemo
10-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Yep, and a lot of people figured they'd move him to a different position soon after he got to SDSU, but that is becoming less likely, as reports are saying he's doing a great job as the scout team QB.

We might have to start playing 2 QBs on the field at once just to get all this talent in the game! [friendly jab with elbow] :D

EndZoneQB
10-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Yep, and a lot of people figured they'd move him to a different position soon after he got to SDSU, but that is becoming less likely, as reports are saying he's doing a great job as the scout team QB.

We might have to start playing 2 QBs on the field at once just to get all this talent in the game! [friendly jab with elbow] :D

ZING!!!!

But it IS warranted. WTF were we thinking?? I mean we pretty much drove Parsons to quit by moving him positions...and now we have a hole lol

tony
10-30-2009, 07:03 PM
ZING!!!!

But it IS warranted. WTF were we thinking?? I mean we pretty much drove Parsons to quit by moving him positions...and now we have a hole lol

I think Parsons graduated.

I know NDSU was down looking at Sumner from Brandon Valley - don't know if it turned into an offer though:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/dDuGcsP0Ed6hTAAcxJTdpg/brandon-valleys-sumner-new-td-pass-king-in-south-dakota.htm

EndZoneQB
10-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I think Parsons graduated.

Oh? I guess I was under the impression he had some eligibility left or something...does anyone know? Seems like a wasted move...

tony
10-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh? I guess I was under the impression he had some eligibility left or something...does anyone know? Seems like a wasted move...

He graduated with one year of eligibility remaining.

EndZoneQB
10-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Ahh, ok that makes more sense to me.

Jdubs21
10-30-2009, 08:26 PM
i should talk to parsons tonite and see if he wants to come back

Trampled
10-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Parsons wasn't the answer. Never would throw the ball. Had happy feet. Frustrated the receivers greatly.

TateMosersneighbor
10-30-2009, 10:33 PM

I think (based purely on a talk I had with Captain Morgan) that he would've stayed assuming he knew he'd get a fair shake at being the starting QB...when that wasn't going to be the case...he got on with his life.

I'm having another talk with the Captain right now...this one could go all night.

westnodak93bison
10-31-2009, 01:28 AM
watched the Bismarck vs. Fargo North game tonight. Thorton is a stud.
He had one great run and a nice pass (pump fake) then over the top for a td.