PDA

View Full Version : Fall/Winter DirecTV Offer

Da_Bizon
10-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Here's the new DirecTV offer:

With an online rebate, you can now get $26 off per month until 2011. That's more than the 1 year rebate normally offered. If you don't have internet access, there is another rebate form you can send in for $21 off per month until 2011. Either way, it's by far and away the best discount for TV. Also, if you sign up for autopay, you can now get a $100 credit toward a second advanced receiver. Right now, if you go with the Choice Extra or above, you get either an HD, a DVR or an HD/DVR at no cost. Now, with this new offer, you still pay the $100 up front for the 2nd HD or DVR receiver or $200 for a 2nd HD/DVR, you get a $100 credit on your first bill. The offers don't get any better than this. Satellite Solutions is still the only locally-owned dealer around, so give us a call if your interested.

Almost forgot... you also get 3 free months of HBO and Starz.

Tatanka
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM

With an online rebate, you can now get $26 off per month until 2011. That's more than the 1 year rebate normally offered. If you don't have internet access, there is another rebate form you can send in for $21 off per month until 2011. Either way, it's by far and away the best discount for TV. Also, if you sign up for autopay, you can now get a $100 credit toward a second advanced receiver. Right now, if you go with the Choice Extra or above, you get either an HD, a DVR or an HD/DVR at no cost. Now, with this new offer, you still pay the $100 up front for the 2nd HD or DVR receiver or $200 for a 2nd HD/DVR, you get a $100 credit on your first bill. The offers don't get any better than this. Satellite Solutions is still the only locally-owned dealer around, so give us a call if your interested.

Yes, but do you get Versus for teh hockies? ;)

:smh:

bisonmike2
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM

That is a sweet deal. Can you hook me up in Albertville MN?:)

GOB1SON
10-29-2009, 09:48 PM
But no locals in HD!

According to the website, Minot, Bismarck, and Dickinson will be getting their locals in HD from Direct starting in November. But not FM? I don't like to say it, but WTF???

When I signed up, two years ago, I was "assured" that we would have our locals in HD within 6 mnths (wink, wink).

I'm still waiting.

Tatanka
10-29-2009, 09:49 PM
But no locals in HD!

According to the website, Minot, Bismarck, and Dickinson will be getting their locals in HD from Direct starting in November. But not FM? I don't like to say it, but WTF???

When I signed up, two years ago, I was "assured" that we would have our locals in HD within 6 mnths (wink, wink).

I'm still waiting.

This !

Da_Bizon
11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
But no locals in HD!

I'm still waiting.

So are we... I honestly don't know what the hold up is. It's really odd that they are giving Dish that much of an advantage in this market right now. And, from what I've seen from the dealer emails, it doesn't list Bismarck, Minot, Dickinson as a planned launch for next month. I saw the the list on Directv's website, too... so I'm not sure which to believe. The only thing I can say for that is that they haven't actually had their locals at all, so it may be something where they have the space on the satellites and they are going to launch them all at the same time. For Fargo, though, I've been told contracts are signed and it's just a matter of making room on the satellite... let's keep our fingers crossed. :D

Da_Bizon
11-03-2009, 06:51 PM
That is a sweet deal. Can you hook me up in Albertville MN?:)

Wish I could, but they are national offers... I'd look for a good local dealer to get you set up. The 1-800 number is a joke.

onbison09
11-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes, but do you get Versus for teh hockies? ;)

:smh:

++++++++++++++++++ I don't know if I'll be able to survive playoff time without Versus.

GOB1SON
11-03-2009, 07:30 PM
So are we... I honestly don't know what the hold up is. It's really odd that they are giving Dish that much of an advantage in this market right now. And, from what I've seen from the dealer emails, it doesn't list Bismarck, Minot, Dickinson as a planned launch for next month. I saw the the list on Directv's website, too... so I'm not sure which to believe. The only thing I can say for that is that they haven't actually had their locals at all, so it may be something where they have the space on the satellites and they are going to launch them all at the same time. For Fargo, though, I've been told contracts are signed and it's just a matter of making room on the satellite... let's keep our fingers crossed. :D

I appreciate you answering the question. That is the first answer I have gotten. Mostly it is just a shrug and a "I don't know when".

I am going to give Dish a real hard look. My contract expires at Christmas and bowl games and NFL playoffs in HD sound pretty good to me.

When I switched to satellite, right after we bought our first HD TV, the Direct HD programming was hands down better. But it looks like Dish has leveled the playing field.

Bison bison
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
They're called rabbit ears guys.

Pull a set out of the attic or go to Best Buy and spend $12.

bisonpride
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
They're called rabbit ears guys.

Pull a set out of the attic or go to Best Buy and spend $12.

Exactly. I have my direcTV as well as a $30 digital RCA antenna I got at WalMart hooked up to the back of my TV (the same model was $40 at Best Buy, its the black or white flat panel one). I get HD locals and DirecTV. Its the best of both worlds.

Da_Bizon
11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I appreciate you answering the question. That is the first answer I have gotten. Mostly it is just a shrug and a "I don't know when".

I am going to give Dish a real hard look. My contract expires at Christmas and bowl games and NFL playoffs in HD sound pretty good to me.

When I switched to satellite, right after we bought our first HD TV, the Direct HD programming was hands down better. But it looks like Dish has leveled the playing field.

We sell both... so give us a call if you want more information.

Da_Bizon
11-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Exactly. I have my direcTV as well as a $30 digital RCA antenna I got at WalMart hooked up to the back of my TV (the same model was $40 at Best Buy, its the black or white flat panel one). I get HD locals and DirecTV. Its the best of both worlds.

Yeah... I ordered a $50 pair to get my locals in HD... we can also order a unit that connects to your HD/DVR that will allow you to plug your antenna into it and have the HD locals show up on the program guide and allow you to record them, as well. That runs roughly $75. The only problem with the indoor antenna is that if you have trees, sometimes that is an issue.

Da_Bizon
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM
++++++++++++++++++ I don't know if I'll be able to survive playoff time without Versus.

I agree, and it's unfortunate. I don't want to sound like I'm towing the company line, but unfortunately, with Comcast being a big competitor and owning Versus, they see this as a great opportunity to get a lot of extra money out of DirecTV. I'm confident it will be resolved, but,in the mean time it's extremely frustrating. On the other hand, though, I know there are a lot of people getting some free Center Ice if they threaten to cancel. It's not Versus, but it is a lot of free hockey. Things like this have happened with other channels and DirecTV has eventually worked something out. One thing I've been doing is pulling up the games on Versus on my computer at channelsurfing.net. Then I can watch the game and something else on tv at the same time. :D

Tatanka
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree, and it's unfortunate. I don't want to sound like I'm towing the company line, but unfortunately, with Comcast being a big competitor and owning Versus, they see this as a great opportunity to get a lot of extra money out of DirecTV. I'm confident it will be resolved, but,in the mean time it's extremely frustrating. On the other hand, though, I know there are a lot of people getting some free Center Ice if they threaten to cancel. It's not Versus, but it is a lot of free hockey. Things like this have happened with other channels and DirecTV has eventually worked something out. One thing I've been doing is pulling up the games on Versus on my computer at channelsurfing.net. Then I can watch the game and something else on tv at the same time. :D

Bottom line, as a customer, I'm paying for the service. I'm holding up my end of the deal. All I ask is that the party I'm paying hold up their end of the deal and provide the service I'm paying for. Both parties (DirecTV and Comcast) are being douchebags on this one IMHO. Get a room, lock the door, and hammer out an agreement.

spelunker64
11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Everytime I've compared dishNetwork to DirecTV over a 2 year period, dish comes out ahead. DirecTV gets you cheap the 1st year but then rates really skyrocket the 2nd year.

Da_Bizon
11-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Everytime I've compared dishNetwork to DirecTV over a 2 year period, dish comes out ahead. DirecTV gets you cheap the 1st year but then rates really skyrocket the 2nd year.

By crunching the numbers yes... but it really depends on everyone's situation. As a retailer for both, I can't really rip either one, but they both have advantages over the other. Dish does have the lower price point... but Directv's discount is bigger. As far as HD, they are both very close- except for the locals. If you want sports, you can't beat DirecTV (especially for people in ND who want the BigTen network). I could go back and forth forever, but it really boils down to each customer's individual needs.

Da_Bizon
11-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Bottom line, as a customer, I'm paying for the service. I'm holding up my end of the deal. All I ask is that the party I'm paying hold up their end of the deal and provide the service I'm paying for. Both parties (DirecTV and Comcast) are being douchebags on this one IMHO. Get a room, lock the door, and hammer out an agreement.

Agreed, but unfortunately it's part of any deal you sign with a cable or satellite company. The thing is that in the past, DirecTV customers haven't noticed any changes because DirecTV would just bend over and pay the channels what they wanted, but it got to the point where it was affecting their ability to make money off of them. As a person selling the service, I'm happy that they are standing up to them this time, but as a customer I'm a little pissed that the channel has been pulled. Just to make it interesting though, let's throw a professional wrestler into the room with them to speed things up. :D

BlueBisonRock
11-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Agreed, but unfortunately it's part of any deal you sign with a cable or satellite company. The thing is that in the past, DirecTV customers haven't noticed any changes because DirecTV would just bend over and pay the channels what they wanted, but it got to the point where it was affecting their ability to make money off of them. As a person selling the service, I'm happy that they are standing up to them this time, but as a customer I'm a little pissed that the channel has been pulled. Just to make it interesting though, let's throw a professional wrestler into the room with them to speed things up. :D

Bob Backlund have a minute or two to step in here? :D

Da_Bizon
11-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Bob Backlund have a minute or two to step in here? :D

Or, sticking with the hockey theme, how about Derek Boogaard?