PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update

RedRiver
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Tight end Thor Brown, nose tackle Mike Fairbairn and linebacker Matt Kittelson are the latest to go down for the year. Brown tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee; Fairbairn has a medial collateral ligament injury in his knee and Kittelson a high ankle sprain.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/257679/

Mandan_Herd_Fan
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Maybe now they"ll think about replacing that crappy surface.

CaBisonFan
10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe now they"ll think about replacing that crappy surface.

I hope so. I've heard that there are ripples and seams that you can get caught in. And it feels almost like landing on a cheap carpet with no pad...on concrete. geez

CaBisonFan
10-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Tight end Thor Brown, nose tackle Mike Fairbairn and linebacker Matt Kittelson are the latest to go down for the year. Brown tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee; Fairbairn has a medial collateral ligament injury in his knee and Kittelson a high ankle sprain.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/257679/

This is truly unbelievable. Thanks for all of the great play Thor, Mike, and Matt. You've all represented NDSU with class...and a lot of great play. We remember the good things. You are true Bison players...meaning champions. Don't let this season be your memory of playing here. Remember the good times...the big wins...the 10-1 seasons...etc.

NDSUstudent
10-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Evans is out, has a concussion and Bohl won't mess with it. On another note does anyone realize that Beson had 12 tackles(8 solo) in pretty much the last half of the MSU game?

BlueBisonRock
10-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Evans is out, has a concussion and Bohl won't mess with it. On another note does anyone realize that Beson had 12 tackles(8 solo) in pretty much the last half of the MSU game?

Smart move on Bohl's part.

I didn't know Beson had 12 tackles, but did see him in the action quite a bit after Preston went out. I also noted that he was playing 3 to 4 yards off of the line vs. the normal 6 to 8 that the LBs had been playing. He did seem to have a nose for the ball.

IzzyFlexion
10-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Looks like we'll likely see good 'ol number 8 getting a few extra reps on defense again this weekend.

westnodak93bison
10-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Smart move on Bohl's part.

I didn't know Beson had 12 tackles, but did see him in the action quite a bit after Preston went out. I also noted that he was playing 3 to 4 yards off of the line vs. the normal 6 to 8 that the LBs had been playing. He did seem to have a nose for the ball.

It sure seemed like Beson was active and in on every play. Not so much with Evans. Maybe Evans is better suited as an OLB?

Bison"FANatic"
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
The thing I found interesting with Beeson was he was up and hitting the runner a meeting them not just adjusting and getting in position and having the runner come to him. He will fill in well for Evans and when they are both on the field it will make for a good combo not that my .02 are worth much.

RedRiver
10-28-2009, 01:08 PM

What are we at now at LB, #5, #6, & #7?

GoRams
10-29-2009, 01:56 AM
What are we at now at LB, #5, #6, & #7?

How do we keep putting guys on the field at LB? We were thin at that position to start with. I wish they would try Lemon at LB before putting DJ back there.

backpages
10-29-2009, 05:25 PM
This is my first Internet access in a few weeks and I can’t believe our Bison are 1-7. I have been scanning the blogs and reading a lot about injuries. Whether its sports, life or war, injuries happen. That’s why we have reserves. It’s time for the reserves to step up or step aside. Go Herd!

Tatanka
10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
^^^ Perspective.

runtheoption
10-29-2009, 05:59 PM
How do we keep putting guys on the field at LB? We were thin at that position to start with. I wish they would try Lemon at LB before putting DJ back there.

I agree. Lemon is almost the exact same size as DJ, has a much better grasp of the D, and a strong safety is not all that different than a LB. Lemon would just be a more natural fit. Learning and knowing the LB position and the roles/responsiblities would only help him as a Safety for next year.

Keep DJ on offense and let him continue to develop so he can be one our studs next year.

westnodak93bison
11-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Did any other players do down yesterday? I thought I saw Beson laying on the field with an injury which appeared to be his other knee(the one without the knee brace).

Twentysix
11-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Mohler has had arm issues every game hes played in except that one where he went 100% 1/1

99Bison
11-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Did any other players do down yesterday? I thought I saw Beson laying on the field with an injury which appeared to be his other knee(the one without the knee brace).

We started to play nickel at that time, then Beson came back in.