PDA

View Full Version : How close 1-7 could be 5-3, 4-4!

lakesbison
10-27-2009, 03:40 AM
7 FRUSTRATING losses. ALL OF THEM the game wasnt decided until last 5 minutes. *well, maybe not ISU* (uni was with 8 points and sdsu 7 towards end)

1- Big 12 team that beat #24 Nebraska

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

1- Sam Houston, Ill st & Miss state ALL could of been won on last drive.

we have about as much luck the year as PL at the HUB on a saturday night with his sausage.

Bisonfan1
10-27-2009, 08:27 AM
7 FRUSTRATING losses. ALL OF THEM the game wasnt decided until last 5 minutes. *well, maybe not ISU* (uni was with 8 points and sdsu 7 towards end)

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

we have about as much luck the year as PL at the HUB on a saturday night with his sausage.

Ha Ha Ha, your killing me lakes, this was a good one !! RELAX -Mertens 09 - Jose 010 - We will be fine people !! :rofl:

unbison
10-27-2009, 10:42 AM

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

really? admit it the bison football team suxs this year.... bohl must go....quit whining lakes

Rabbitlivinginverm
10-27-2009, 11:59 AM

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

Really, towards the end? It was 28-13 with 14 minutes to go in the 4th. On top of that, we took a knee on your 6 yard line to close out the game.

TransAmBison
10-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Amen unbison!!

cbline
10-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Lakes, I wish that I could use this "could have, should have, would have" logic in my own life. Hey, why not let me give it a try??? If only my wife were 6 inches taller and had bigger boobs, she'd be Angelina Jolie!! If only my bank account had about $50 billion more in it, I'd be jetsetting with Bill Gates. If only I had super powers in diplomacy, the Middle East would be the most peaceful place on earth. If only . . . . . . .

Bison9073
10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Lakes,

With your logic, we could have been 11-0 going into the playoffs last year because we had a shot at the end to win every game! Oh, that's right, a loss is a loss no matter how you cut it. The difference of winning and losing in college football is a very fine line. It is doing the little things ON AND OFF the field the translate into "W's" in the fall. This team, since the start of the off season, has had selfish people that forgot about putting their team and University before themselves. Now they, and all of us are paying the price of a losing and embarrassing season.

Just the way I see things.

bisonmike2
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Really, towards the end? It was 28-13 with 14 minutes to go in the 4th. On top of that, we took a knee on your 6 yard line to close out the game.

No, we forced you into the kneeling position! You tried to score but your QB saw the awesomeness of the Bison D and knelt before them.:)

bisonmike2
10-27-2009, 04:07 PM

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

How do you get UNI 2nd in the MVFC when they've lost to both SIU and SDSU?

TransAmBison
10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Do not question Lakes. Heck, don't even look Lakes directly in the eye. NDSU had Lakes' vehicle toed and he made Chapman resign. I think you should offer up a long and sincere apology. Maybe even offer up your first born when the time comes.

Bison15
10-27-2009, 04:26 PM
If "if's & butts" were candy & nuts, it would be Christmas all year round:D :D :D

Twentysix
10-27-2009, 04:33 PM

He says stuff like this alot, its best to ignore it lol!

Some of the games hes right about, not SDSU we got pants'd.

SHSU Ill st Mo st and UNI with different refs were all winnable the rest we got pounded.

Notorious
10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
If "if's & butts" were candy & nuts, it would be Christmas all year round:D :D :D

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle....

lakesbison
10-27-2009, 05:04 PM
JUST SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOO PISSED!!

WE WERE FREAKIN 10-1 WE SHOULD BE TALKIN ABOUT WHICH FBS CONFERENCE TO GO INTO........ NOT 1 and FREAKIN 7 !!!

ARGH!!

YEA> CHAPMAN, I DID THAT. DONT MESS WITH THE ZOHAN!!!

my car just broke down and i got towed this morning F M L!!!!!!!

I QUIT, IM GONE FOR AWHILE........ IM ON the "LIST" here anyways.. *ARGH*

heckler
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

Speaking of Sam Houston I couldn't believe how bad they got smacked around last weekend: 42-3 to Stephen F. Austin

Schedule (http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&KEY=&SPID=11345&SPSID=92957)

Bisonguy
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
A bounce here, a call there, and one play that one time are the things that people tell themselves to make a bad team seem better than it is.

Better execution and reducing mistakes will usually take care of those 'problems' and will make a bad team mediocre, a mediocre team good, or a good team great.

lakesbison
11-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Well, again, looking back.

IF we win shsu,isu and miss st we are 5-4 headin into.2 easy wins to.be 7-4!

this year is too frustrating

HerdBot
11-02-2009, 05:42 PM

1- #3 SIU (MVFC champs)

1- #7 UNI (MVFC 2nd)

1- #11 SDSU (MVFC 3rd)

Things are never as good as they seem when things are going well and there never as bad as they seem when they are going poorly. I mean clearly we can be competitive with Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa with a bunch of freshman and sophmores playing and with a really poor receiver corps. How much better will these guys be next year? These guys are going to be poised to be very good in the future. Think about the 2003 team? They came off a bad season and beat Montana.

I'm excited for next year. We're really not losing a lot of key players besides Paschall, Shamen, Buckman, Ebel, Belmont, and Fairbairn and all of these guys have adequate replacments.

On the defensive side...
D-line should be much improved and the front 7 looks to be good. Right now we're playing 2 sophmores on the DL, 2 freshman at LB, and a sophermore. These guys will learn a lot from this year. Remember: The most improvement comes from your 1st to 2nd year playing.

I like what I've seen out of Boyer and Johnson. They should make major strides going from a sophmore to a JR and they will be pushed by the redshirt freshman class of Jerve, Jirik, and Perry. Stoczynski is a sophermore with a lot of playing time.

We didn't miss a beat with Phillips filling in for Fairbairn. Gratzek will be a SR.

Linebackers will be most improved... I like what I've seen out of Beson, Jemison, and Evans. Of course we'll be returning Matt Anderson who should be poised for a good SR year but my gut tells me he will have to fight for the starting spot.

The secondary will be a concern but a good pass rush makes corners look better. Brenden Pierre is a true freshman and will be better next year. Eaves is a sophmore too.

On offense we're still staring too many young players.

Paschall will be replaced by DJ, Voight, and Ojuri. Washington will be replaced by Sigers.

If we like what we see out of Veldman and Holloway right now... wait until next year. Gary Williams is starting to show he can be a deep ball threat. Mack has had flashes of brilliance and we've got some good young receivers.

QB will be a battle between 3 young guys. You can win with a freshman or sophere if he's good.

WYOBISONMAN
11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, again, looking back.

IF we win shsu,isu and miss st we are 5-4 headin into.2 easy wins to.be 7-4!

this year is too frustrating

But......if we were a better team it would have made that slight difference in those games. The bottom line is we LOST. We are not a good team, pure and simple. And...now injuries have made it worse. Maybe with a bye week we can heal up (physically and mentally) and come back and get 2 wins out of this disaster. Atleast that way we would not be next to the conference cellar dweller...http://www.cappersmall.com/smi/bagover.gif

IzzyFlexion
11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Matt Phillips was a stud on Saturday. Nice to see him get the start in Fairbairn's absence and show what he's capable of.
He'll be a HUGE part of any defensive success next season.

ndsubison1
11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Things are never as good as they seem when things are going well and there never as bad as they seem when they are going poorly. I mean clearly we can be competitive with Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa with a bunch of freshman and sophmores playing and with a really poor receiver corps. How much better will these guys be next year? These guys are going to be poised to be very good in the future. Think about the 2003 team? They came off a bad season and beat Montana.

I'm excited for next year. We're really not losing a lot of key players besides Paschall, Shamen, Buckman, Ebel, Belmont, and Fairbairn and all of these guys have adequate replacments.

On the defensive side...
D-line should be much improved and the front 7 looks to be good. Right now we're playing 2 sophmores on the DL, 2 freshman at LB, and a sophermore. These guys will learn a lot from this year. Remember: The most improvement comes from your 1st to 2nd year playing.

I like what I've seen out of Boyer and Johnson. They should make major strides going from a sophmore to a JR and they will be pushed by the redshirt freshman class of Jerve, Jirik, and Perry. Stoczynski is a sophermore with a lot of playing time.

We didn't miss a beat with Phillips filling in for Fairbairn. Gratzek will be a SR.

Linebackers will be most improved... I like what I've seen out of Beson, Jemison, and Evans. Of course we'll be returning Matt Anderson who should be poised for a good SR year but my gut tells me he will have to fight for the starting spot.

The secondary will be a concern but a good pass rush makes corners look better. Brenden Pierre is a true freshman and will be better next year. Eaves is a sophmore too.

On offense we're still staring too many young players.

Paschall will be replaced by DJ, Voight, and Ojuri. Washington will be replaced by Sigers.

If we like what we see out of Veldman and Holloway right now... wait until next year. Gary Williams is starting to show he can be a deep ball threat. Mack has had flashes of brilliance and we've got some good young receivers.

QB will be a battle between 3 young guys. You can win with a freshman or sophere if he's good.

great overview... our defense will be improved next season. hopefully we can bring in a few jucos that can help fill some voids and give us some depth. id like to see a fast DE added, LB to help give depth, and a DB all from the JUCO route

Jdubs21
11-03-2009, 01:10 AM
i'd say 3 penalties and 1 bullsh*@ ejection/suspension, there would be alot less negativity around here