PDA

View Full Version : Without Bohl & Mertens...

Notorious
10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
who would be the new "whipping boy"? Would BV just fold up operations due to lack of traffic?

RunDMc34
10-23-2009, 05:07 PM
There's always Bibeau once he gets healthy, or our special teams in general

BisonAccountant44
10-23-2009, 05:11 PM
That's a good question. It's been so long since we've done anything else around here, I'm not sure anyone remembers exactly what life was like before. I just have some vague memories of mass panic and FBS coaching changes.

NDSUstudent
10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
There's always Bibeau once he gets healthy, or our special teams in general

Don't get me started with our punter and our returners that look lost. Every week it seems like somebody doesn't fair catch a punt and it ends up rolling inside the 10.

I feel sorry for our defense, they've been defending a short field far too often this year.

bisonmike2
10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
It's an internet forum with plenty of unrealistic fans, myself definitively included. We'll always find something or someone to biatch about.

McBison
10-23-2009, 06:34 PM
who would be the new "whipping boy"? Would BV just fold up operations due to lack of traffic?

Nope. Bisonville is Littlebitchville even when we are winning. If we don't have a singled out player, we attack each other. It's kinda like when your brother (bison fans) used to beat on you a bit, and you resented him for it until you were able to stand up to the bully (fans of team X that is victorious over the Herd) down the block. Now this didn't work so well for me, because my brother was an older sister who painted my finger nails and made me do arts and crafts :D

Jdubs21
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
i honestly think these pst 2 seasons are in a way a good thing...its gonna make us alot more humble and alot more greatful when we do have a tough team....im not gonna lie when we were 10-1 back to back seasons i would dish out alot of crap to my gopher, sioux, and jackrabbit buddies but now the tables have turned, ill think twice the next time i can take shots at them, and the funny thing is they all ask me how our team will be when walker and mays are gone.....i really understand now how quickly things can change

Notorious
10-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Mertens did it again....the way he was standing there on the sidelines?? I am 99.9% sure, that rather than giving Jose advice, he was giving him information that would foil his coming out party. Damn you, Nick Mertens! Damn you to hell.

You and Bohl did it again. The reach of your evil plot to destroy Bison Pride/Nation is endless and unstoppable.

BIGTIME
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
It's an internet forum with plenty of unrealistic fans, myself definitively included. We'll always find something or someone to biatch about.

Well said. I have been censored, so most of my posts do not reach this blog posting because I have spoken the truth about Bison football for the last two months, and some posters on there do not like to listen to reality. Its nice to see reality sink in with the Bison fan base, not nice to see the team in this much of a downward spiral.

I ask this. Even though Bohl is struggling at the helm of this team, do Bison fans want to fire him and move on and have a revolving door of coaches? I know expectations are high each year, but jumping around from coach to coach may hurt in the long run...OR it may even hurt worse if Bohl stays.

bisonmike2
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Well said. I have been censored, so most of my posts do not reach this blog posting because I have spoken the truth about Bison football for the last two months, and some posters on there do not like to listen to reality. Its nice to see reality sink in with the Bison fan base, not nice to see the team in this much of a downward spiral.

I ask this. Even though Bohl is struggling at the helm of this team, do Bison fans want to fire him and move on and have a revolving door of coaches? I know expectations are high each year, but jumping around from coach to coach may hurt in the long run...OR it may even hurt worse if Bohl stays.

Personally, I want him gone, but he's got at least one more year, maybe two, given his current contract status. I think the damage is so severe, that it's going to take an entirely different approach to clean house and turn this thing around. I'm afraid that if Bohl goes into next year, recruits the same kind of kids he has been and manages this team the same way next year, it's going to put this program so far behind the 8 ball that we may be the doormat of the MVFC for years to come. One things for sure, it's going to take a ridiculous amount of coaching and talent evaluation to turn this team into a winner next year. I'm not sure Bohl's got what it takes. I hope he proves me wrong, but I've seen his past work before.

heckler
10-26-2009, 04:07 PM

Our other usual whipping boy... Lakes ;)

94 Bison
10-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Our other usual whipping boy... Lakes ;)

Better him than some other student athlete...Sorry Lakes, that is just taking it for the team...

OldBison
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM

Bohl's been here 7 yrs, hardly a revolving door :blush:

Bison"FANatic"
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Congrats on the not so absurdly negative post that it actually made it past moderation.

I think Bohl gets at least one more year. The last two classes and possibly 3 classes have been pretty good but the Jr/Sr classes have not. He has a huge class coming in this year. I think I read about 22 schollies to spread around. A lot of underclassmen are going to get some playing time with all the injuries. He will get one more year to get it done but after that I don't know. All I do know is the last few classes seem to be more athletic than the past classes. Now lets see if they can coach them up, I don't know if they can but his past has earned him another year to see what he can do.