PDA

View Full Version : NCAA hoops message board??

TheBisonator
10-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey all, I was just wondering if there's a message board out there that covers the fans of either all the basketball teams in the Summit League, or even a DI mid-majors message board, like the basketball equivalent of AGS. I know that DII has a basketball section to their board, (even though the only traffic it sees is from the NSIC and a little MIAA) and I was hoping to get involved with talking with some other fans of DI mid-major teams.

Anyone know some good places?? Thanks.

JacksFan06
10-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't know of any message board, but WWW.MIDMAJORITY.COM is an exceptional website that focuses on Mid-Major basketball teams. They even showed NDSU a decent amount of love last season.

The author himself, Kyle Whelliston, writes from a fan's perspective similar to Bill Simmons. He started the site 5 years ago, and than became the go to writer for ESPN for Mid-Majors for a couple years but was laid off last year because of budget cuts.

Here's a great article he wrote last year that chronicled the difficult season it was for him. (got divorced, had a case of vertigo that was really dis-abilitating, got laid of from ESPN) All while driving around the country trying to cover mid major basketball. A really good read.

http://www.midmajority.com/2009/03/epilogue-the-fifth-who-cares-l.php