PDA

View Full Version : Inger named 1st Team Summit

NoDakSt
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Inger named first team POY; SDSU dominates second team:

UMKC guard Chazny Morris was named the Preseason Player of the Year. She was joined on the first team by North Dakota State guard Inger Hodgson, IPFW guard Chelsey Jackson, Oakland guard Melissa Jeltema, Oral Roberts guard/forward Janae Voelker and IUPUI center Julia Whitted.

Named to the second team were Oral Roberts guard Georgia Jones and a quartet of South Dakota State players in forwards Maria Boever and Ketty Cornemann, guard/forward Kristin Rotert and guard Jill Young.

NoDakSt
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I figured Katie would be our pick for 1st or 2nd team. Think she and Abby will surprise many.

Herd
10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Inger is pretty solid and will lead the way at times, but you will see a lot of balance and team in 2009 as the younger players mix with the vets. I am anxioius to see Burich, Linz, Degagne and Tingelstad work with Katie, Abbey, Jill, Inger, Whitney and group.

This year the team should have some depth and not fade at the end of the game.

summitfever
10-21-2009, 11:14 PM
This year the team should have some depth and not fade at the end of the game.

This "could" be the case, and I hope it is. But if that is to happen we need to rely on multiple freshmen. I'm not saying our freshmen group can't do the job, it's just that you never know. I think Linz is an ideal player to come off the bench because she can change the game beyond the 3 point line with some instant offense. Burich could alter shots inside and help with our post defense and rebounding.